PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']Stupid question, Vita stuff from PSN also qualify for the $20 back right? $50 PSN+ for me and I got another $50 to pick out... With the PSN+ savings, I'm still short, so thinking about Vita stuff to put me over the $100 mark.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is anything using your playstation store money.

Hmm...might have to get Odin Sphere. From reading posts here, the PSN version is slightly better than the physical copy that was released in North America.

Are there any other PS2 classics that are like this that basically fix problems that are on physical copies?

Odin Sphere is very tempting, I'm not much of a PS2 classics fan, but just from watching gameplay vids, it kind of looks like Dust: An Elysian Tale on Xbox 360. Am I way off base with this?

[quote name='wrencrest']Festival of Blood is worth it if you enjoyed Infamous. It is at least 5-10 hours of gameplay. It is Halloween themed and at this price is a great value.
[/QUOTE]

I just got PS+ and got inFamous 2 and FOB for free but inFamous 2 is a 15gb download so I downloaded FoB first.

I want to play FoB first (since it's a Halloween themed DLC) but I've never played inFamous 2 (did play and beat the original inFamous). Will FoB ruin any of the story for me? Can I even play FoB first?

[quote name='foreverjoe20']I just got PS+ and got inFamous 2 and FOB for free but inFamous 2 is a 15gb download so I downloaded FoB first.

I want to play FoB first (since it's a Halloween themed DLC) but I've never played inFamous 2 (did play and beat the original inFamous). Will FoB ruin any of the story for me? Can I even play FoB first?[/QUOTE]

Not really. It's a separate story and they don't touch on the plot of inFamous 2 at all from what I remember. You might see some of the powers you get a bit early but that's it.

[quote name='JamesFerguson']Not really. It's a separate story and they don't touch on the plot of inFamous 2 at all from what I remember. You might see some of the powers you get a bit early but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm playing this right after work. (also downloaded the FoB dynamic theme, pretty cool!)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Odin Sphere is very tempting, I'm not much of a PS2 classics fan, but just from watching gameplay vids, it kind of looks like Dust: An Elysian Tale on Xbox 360. Am I way off base with this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not in the least. That game very obviously takes a lot of things from Odin Sphere, and I think the controls/character design in Odin Sphere was beyond excellent. I bought it for $50 when it first came out on PS2, and then traded with a buddy, and wish I hadn't still to this day. So I'm glad I saw this deal so I can pick it up when I'm home.

Really liking Odin Sphere so far. I never played it before because when it came out I was buying mostly 360 and ps3 games and never seen it fall below 20 anywhere new in my area.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Nope, not in the least. That game very obviously takes a lot of things from Odin Sphere, and I think the controls/character design in Odin Sphere was beyond excellent. I bought it for $50 when it first came out on PS2, and then traded with a buddy, and wish I hadn't still to this day. So I'm glad I saw this deal so I can pick it up when I'm home.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for your response. I think I'm going to have to break down and buy it, even if I don't play it right away. Just looks too cool to pass up. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Cool, thanks for your response. I think I'm going to have to break down and buy it, even if I don't play it right away. Just looks too cool to pass up. :)[/QUOTE]

For this price I can't say no, I almost pulled the trigger on a LN copy for like $25 the other day, so this is a better alternative until I can find a better deal haha.

Hey guys a little help if you guys don't mind. I downloaded Boarderlands. If I borrow a GOTY edition can I download it to my HD and play the DLC without the disk later?

You sure can. Just make sure never to delete the DLC because PSN doesn't recognize it as a purchase and you cannot redownload it ever. But when it went free for PS+ I sold my GOTY copy and the DLC works just fine.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']You sure can. Just make sure never to delete the DLC because PSN doesn't recognize it as a purchase and you cannot redownload it ever. But when it went free for PS+ I sold my GOTY copy and the DLC works just fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like a winner.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']You sure can. Just make sure never to delete the DLC because PSN doesn't recognize it as a purchase and you cannot redownload it ever. But when it went free for PS+ I sold my GOTY copy and the DLC works just fine.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, awesome! Red Box, here I come! DLC for cheap :)

What Redbox is going to have a Borderlands GOTY though? Don't most Redbox locations carry mostly new games or even just the first disc?

[quote name='gentlyporking']I believe the GOTY Borderlands DLC arrives in the form of codes, so you can't just download from the disk.[/QUOTE]

The first edition was codes, but they rereleased it where there's a second disc with all the DLC on it.

[quote name='Tsel']The first edition was codes, but they rereleased it where there's a second disc with all the DLC on it.[/QUOTE]
For PS3 the game and DLC was all on the same disc. I think 360 had a second disc though.

You really can't go wrong with Odin Sphere at $5, I'm considering it and I already own a physical copy of the game.

You'll wonder how the PS2 was capable of sprite artwork so beautiful as you play it.

I thought Muramasa had better game controls wise but I would say Odin Sphere is the deeper game of the two with more to do and item crafting to mess around with.

I didn't know Odin Sphere was $5. I will pick it up today. I know this question has been asked a lot but can I get a $10 PSN code from Amazon emailed to me? I want this game but I don't want to use my credit card.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']For PS3 the game and DLC was all on the same disc. I think 360 had a second disc though.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. That makes more sense then.

[quote name='sherlock2g']I didn't know Odin Sphere was $5. I will pick it up today. I know this question has been asked a lot but can I get a $10 PSN code from Amazon emailed to me? I want this game but I don't want to use my credit card.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='sherlock2g']I didn't know Odin Sphere was $5. I will pick it up today. I know this question has been asked a lot but can I get a $10 PSN code from Amazon emailed to me? I want this game but I don't want to use my credit card.[/QUOTE]

yes you can although it will be overpriced because it will be not handled by amazon themselves but other party sellers the same applies as on ebay, you better find someone on the psn code trading thread selling one.

[quote name='Tsel']What Redbox is going to have a Borderlands GOTY though? Don't most Redbox locations carry mostly new games or even just the first disc?[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I think you're right. I just checked and they seem to carry a whopping 2 games in the "shooter" genre for PS3! (and 4 for 360). I had no idea their selection was so limited.

Edit: Maybe Gamefly, then.

[quote name='reynold4490']With my PS3 out for repairs... Is there anyway of buying anything from psn using the PC like in xbox.com and the xbox marketplace?[/QUOTE]

If you have a friend/family member with a PS3, make an account on their console and buy it there. I'm pretty sure you're wallet balance and everything carries over as well.

[quote name='biledriver']I have Odin Sphere on disc but my PS2 is rarely ever hooked up. $5 might be too good to pass up having it available on the PS3 hard drive whenever the mood strikes. Such a great game in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Plus hearing the slowdown is fixed in the PSN version is great. I'll probably pick this up. I was planning on buying Mutant Blobs, but I thought it was the PS3 version not the Vita version, so I think I'll just put my money towards Odin Sphere.

For the folks curious about Unfinished Swan, Giant Bomb had a video they put up yesterday that gave a better idea of what the game is about.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-the-unfinished-swan/17-6690/

Checked the updated version of the PSN store just now, it's live for Europe. It's slow as hell at the moment, seems a bit more ordered, but some things apparently weren't well thought of - the more convenient direct download for free items is gone now, for anything costing 0,00 you ought to add to card -> checkout -> confirm -> view downloads -> download. Someone would think an updated version was supposed to be easier to communicate with, no?

Now guys, listen - to anyone with recent EU PSN+ account (tested on a UK one) - even though Darksiders, Dead Space 2 and Stranger's Wrath HD are dead deals for PSN+ atm, they can now be downloaded for free again for some reason for PSN+ members. Might be true for other titles too. Go get them if you haven't so far. It's probably a glitch and will be fixed soon.

Sadly no Deus Ex HR tho, the normal version is apparently removed from the store and a Complete pack is added, and it hasn't been free for PSN+ so far.

Possibly a stupid question:

I'm considering Retro City Rampage. This article describes an arcade mode with minigames based on Super Meat Boy, 'Splosion Man, and Bit Trip Runner. Since none of those characters are in a PS3 games, I'm wondering if the PSN version of RCR still contains this arcade mode with these specific minigames? Can anyone shine some light on this?

Thanks.

Darn it gamestop has no download psn card codes in stock and I had a $25 gift card. I know amazon has codes but wanted to use my gamestop gift card instead.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Possibly a stupid question:

I'm considering Retro City Rampage. This article describes an arcade mode with minigames based on Super Meat Boy, 'Splosion Man, and Bit Trip Runner. Since none of those characters are in a PS3 games, I'm wondering if the PSN version of RCR still contains this arcade mode with these specific minigames? Can anyone shine some light on this?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

yes. they are there. in the arcade you can play games, and if you perfect them you unlock meatboy or commander video (think thats his name) to play as in the freeplay mode. theres a trophy for playing as a guest star.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Darn it gamestop has no download psn card codes in stock and I had a $25 gift card. I know amazon has codes but wanted to use my gamestop gift card instead.[/QUOTE]

??? They can ring it up for you at the register and the redemption code is printed on your receipt.

[quote name='gunstar808']yes. they are there. in the arcade you can play games, and if you perfect them you unlock meatboy or commander video (think thats his name) to play as in the freeplay mode. theres a trophy for playing as a guest star.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thank you!

[quote name='doc_j88']??? They can ring it up for you at the register and the redemption code is printed on your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Crap sorry I meant online they dont have any in stock.

Thanks for the heads up on Odin Sphere. Also going to pick up Infamous and Monster World.

Funny thing is, I usually never look at the PS2 titles because I'm always thinking they're not backwards compatible with my PS3, not thinking about them being recompiled or whatever before getting released on PSN.

I played the first 30 minutes of The Unfinished Swan, which I recorded and will post when it's up on Youtube a bit later, and I love it so far. The sense of discovery in the first chapter is really neat and they do some cool things early on to change it up so that you're not just shooting paintballs around a white world to get around. There's even a cool little story that is presented like a children's book about the world you've entered.

I've been playing it with Move, which works really well for this game.

BreakQuest: Extra Evolution and Derrick the Deathfin videos are also incoming.

I just watched that ps blog video...

Oh my lord why did they made the keyboard linear :wall:

Though it is great that it now has more search filters, things seem easier to find and all the stuff related to a particular game is linked on the little tab on the lower left.

[quote name='reynold4490']With my PS3 out for repairs... Is there anyway of buying anything from psn using the PC like in xbox.com and the xbox marketplace?[/QUOTE]

It amazes me that they haven't implemented this.

Picked up a $50 PSN card yesterday. Got Infamous:Festival Of Blood and the Zen Pinball Monsters pack on sale. Really digging Zen Pinball. Went ahead and bought the Street Fighter table too. Also went ahead and bought The Walking Dead episodes 3 and 4. All that, plus Payday:The Heist and Playstation All Stars Battle Royal Beta. No sleep for me tonight.

There's a PSP (Vita compatible) game on sale for $5 called The Red Star. It's sort of a side-scrolling brawler and shooter rolled into one. I'm really happy I took the risk and blight it. Had good reviews but Id never heard of it. Check it out if you like Streets of Rage and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back