PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade3D']It's disappointing Gamestop powerup rewards doesn't offer the PSN credit anymore, if I ever need a few bucks I'd grab some from there with my points.[/QUOTE]

They come and go, and the price gets higher every time. Last time I think it was like 4500. They were a good deal when they were barely 3000, but at that much I'd just get a 5$ coupon and use it toward a PSN card or something.

I bought AMY and Monster World IV.

AMY's "XMB Scene" (the scene that displays when you have it selected from XMB) is nice. I loved the artwork and the song that plays. Atmosphere wise, it's pretty tense. It has a true horror feel and vibe. I would say it's worth $2.50. You can surely squeeze out at least two hours of play, even if you hate it a lot.

Upon starting up the game, you will download two patches.

Gameplay wise, it's a bit frustrating. In this game, you don't feel overpowered. Overall, I don't regret the $2.50 spent. It would be an average purchase at $5, but 1/2 off is great. I think the game started off around $10.

I would say it is hard to not get $2.50's worth of entertainment. My mini-review. :)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Yea me too- expected iPhone quality experience but its an awesome play former- enjoying it more than gravity rush or unit 13[/QUOTE]
i bought gravity rush and play it for 7 or 8 hours and that was that, couldn't play more, i don't know why, very rarely a game does that to me, at this moment is siting on my download list and im sure it will be there forever, sad thing is that it was the first vita title i pay in full, usually i wait for sales

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Thanks. If you want to know when we have videos up before I can post them, you can subscribe to our Youtube channel here.

Yes.

No clue.[/QUOTE]

Who's "our". some cags, some friends? Just wondering

Damn my indecisiveness! I played Odin Sphere back in the day and liked it but I just have so much awesomeness on my plate right now that its hard to justify getting it.

Just not enough time anymore.

[quote name='shadowkast']Who's "our". some cags, some friends? Just wondering[/QUOTE]

Smashpad is a website Frisky writes for. I'm not sure if he is the EIC or anything.

I was wondering why my UK account looked the same. Logged in yesterday just to check it out.
Glad I did though, went in my Japan account and found a demo for Lost Planet EX, too bad that game will never come here. I really need to start learning Japanese.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Biggest problem is long install times- I get a 1GB game or demo in under 10 minutes

When a game like doom 3 which is 7 GB takes 40 minutes to install though...[/QUOTE]

A little known fact- if you download games and don't install it, it will install it for you during automatic update time if you're PS+.

I often find myself just downloading stuff, shutting the PS3 off for the night and having all the games installed and ready to go in the morning.

Dokuro got a really good review from IGN. I'm tempted to just buy it. But, after paying full price for both Retro City and New Little King's Story, and having them turn out to be sort of unworthy of full price, I'm ironically having second thoughts about paying full price for Dokuro, even though its definitely worthy.

I mean, there are still a lot of PSP games I want. $20 doesn't go a long way, but I could definitely stretch it out.

Or maybe I should just get Dokuro and enjoy it (ie play it a bit and enjoy it and add it to my backlog).

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Dokuro got a really good review from IGN. I'm tempted to just buy it. But, after paying full price for both Retro City and New Little King's Story, and having them turn out to be sort of unworthy of full price, I'm ironically having second thoughts about paying full price for Dokuro, even though its definitely worthy.

I mean, there are still a lot of PSP games I want. $20 doesn't go a long way, but I could definitely stretch it out.

Or maybe I should just get Dokuro and enjoy it (ie play it a bit and enjoy it and add it to my backlog).[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm not sure a psn only puzzler is worth 19.99- but vita games are never on sale and ps+ isn't there yet

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Yea I'm not sure a psn only puzzler is worth 19.99- but vita games are never on sale and ps+ isn't there yet[/QUOTE]
Said the week that a few Vita games are on sale.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Anyone figure out a way to delete demos off of Zen Pinball 2?[/QUOTE]

Apparently you have to delete the entire data file for the game and then re-download the core game and just the tables you want to keep. RE5 had the same problem where you couldn't delete individual components of the game. Hopefully the PS4 doesn't repeat this problem.

[quote name='Thrinn']Apparently you have to delete the entire data file for the game and then re-download the core game and just the tables you want to keep. RE5 had the same problem where you couldn't delete individual components of the game. Hopefully the PS4 doesn't repeat this problem.[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling that this was the only way...thanks!

[quote name='Slade']A little known fact- if you download games and don't install it, it will install it for you during automatic update time if you're PS+.

I often find myself just downloading stuff, shutting the PS3 off for the night and having all the games installed and ready to go in the morning.[/QUOTE]

The option to shut down when downloads are finished (when you select shut down from the system menu in the XMB) also installs for you, even though it doesn't say so. If you have a big download going, hit that checkbox and when you come back to it the next day, it'll be ready to go.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Dokuro got a really good review from IGN. I'm tempted to just buy it. But, after paying full price for both Retro City and New Little King's Story, and having them turn out to be sort of unworthy of full price, I'm ironically having second thoughts about paying full price for Dokuro, even though its definitely worthy.

Or maybe I should just get Dokuro and enjoy it (ie play it a bit and enjoy it and add it to my backlog).[/QUOTE]

PS+ is coming in November, although details haven't been announced. I'm anticipating free PSP games. With crossplay, I think RCR is worth $15, although $10 would be more of a must-buy price. I'm with you on feeling hesitant to pay $20 for a downloadable single player game, though, but IGN's review got me more interested than I otherwise was.

And as Frisky pointed out... decent amount of Vita sales this month.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I'll take that as a no, and then buy Monster World.[/QUOTE]

Monster World IV is great, anyone who doesn't have it definitely should for only a buck. I didn't regret paying $5 for it at all, I'd say it's even worth $9 for those that only have a Wii(not that anyone in that position would be in this thread).

[quote name='Matt Young']For the games which feature cross-play, are there separate trophy sets for each? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't have a Vita yet.[/QUOTE]

Nope. River City Rampage as far as I can tell only lists 1 set of trophies, it's treated as the same game. Meanwhile, a game like Rayman Origins in the trophy list specifically says (Vita) on it to distinguish between it and the PS3 version since it lacks cross-play.

[quote name='Matt Young']For the games which feature cross-play, are there separate trophy sets for each? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't have a Vita yet.[/QUOTE]I'm not exactly sure but I think it might depend on the game. I have 2 cross-play games, Sound Shapes and Zen Pinball 2(which I guess isn't technically cross-play but the tables themselves are), and both have a separate trophy list for each console.

From what I've been reading about that (as a non-Vita owner myself), RCR is one of the first games to actually share one set of trophies, as in you can't double up your trophy count by playing it once on PS3 and once on Vita. However, I think a lot of the earlier games do allow doubling up on trophies either by playing the game twice, or even just transferring saves over.

[quote name='johnnypark']Nope. River City Rampage as far as I can tell only lists 1 set of trophies, it's treated as the same game. Meanwhile, a game like Rayman Origins in the trophy list specifically says (Vita) on it to distinguish between it and the PS3 version since it lacks cross-play.[/QUOTE]
Actually, some do and some don't.

I know that Sound Shapes, MotorStorm RC, MLB 12: The Show, Hustle Kings, and Foosball 2012 definitely have separate trophy lists for each version along with SS and MotorStorm RC offering Cross Trophies so that what trophies you earn with one version unlocks in the other without needing to play through them a second time. Retro City Rampage is the only game that I have that doesn't have separate trophy lists for each version.

Edit: Rereading Matt's post, I'm confused as to whether he means Cross Buy games (buy once, get it for both platforms), Cross Save (shares saves between games on both platforms), or Cross Play (play online against players on both platforms). Either way, Retro City Rampage is the only game on Vita and PS3 with one trophy list for both.

I can't wait to get back on the PS+ bandwagon with some free games as it's been almost a year since I've had a PS3 and just got an 80 gig for $5 on craigslist and it works perfectly!

Only problem is I don't have a tv lol. You can still buy stuff on pc with the Sony software can't you?

I just turned Payday on after probably almost a year without playing it, and its prompting a 3 gig update... Is this a full game replacement or an actual update?

Id much rather redownload so I can do other things, rather than do the entire update on this black screen with no way of pausing it.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I can't wait to get back on the PS+ bandwagon with some free games as it's been almost a year since I've had a PS3 and just got an 80 gig for $5 on craigslist and it works perfectly!

Only problem is I don't have a tv lol. You can still buy stuff on pc with the Sony software can't you?[/QUOTE]

No. That's only for PSP and (presumably) Vita stuff.

[quote name='Nochance']I just turned Payday on after probably almost a year without playing it, and its prompting a 3 gig update... Is this a full game replacement or an actual update?

Id much rather redownload so I can do other things, rather than do the entire update on this black screen with no way of pausing it.[/QUOTE]

For me too and I just downloaded if- probably a bunch of map packs

Opinions on the House of the Dead bundle and Dead Rising OTR at the PS+ sale prices?
I can get physical copies of overkill currently for 13. Are the other 2 games move enabled?
Is there a difference in a physical copy of dr2:eek:tr and the psn game?

[quote name='KnotInMud12']Opinions on the House of the Dead bundle and Dead Rising OTR at the PS+ sale prices?
I can get physical copies of overkill currently for 13. Are the other 2 games move enabled?
Is there a difference in a physical copy of dr2:eek:tr and the psn game?[/QUOTE]

I would think the entire point is that they are the same, just one you need HD space for and the other you need to insert the disc.

[quote name='KnotInMud12']Opinions on the House of the Dead bundle and Dead Rising OTR at the PS+ sale prices?
Is there a difference in a physical copy of dr2:eek:tr and the psn game?[/QUOTE]
All three games are Move compatible, so it's a must have for that price when 3 and 4 launched with PS+ deals that totaled about $12. $3 more gets you Overkill with a lot of quality light gun shooters for that price. The other way to look at it is that Overkill is $20 by itself, so for $5 less, you get 3 and 4 thrown in at no extra cost.

I believe the difference is that one is on your hard drive and the other is on a disc. Pick your poison.

Doing some more videos for PlayStation Plus previews with Double Dragon Neon, BloodRayne Betrayal, and Pac-Man CE DX done so far. I took a look at the trophy lists for the WayForward games since I got nothing in the first 20-30 minutes and I guess they're approach is to be a dick about what you need to do to earn trophies. I could beat both of those games and maybe get one trophy if I'm lucky.

Thanks for the replies. Will definitely get the overkill bundle knowing all 3 are move compatible.
As far as OTR goes, I was just wondering if it had dlc but looks like everything was on the disk ...and would be the same if I download it.

[quote name='Nochance']I just turned Payday on after probably almost a year without playing it, and its prompting a 3 gig update... Is this a full game replacement or an actual update?

Id much rather redownload so I can do other things, rather than do the entire update on this black screen with no way of pausing it.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess redownloading wouldn't help you because for whatever reason, Sony never integrates the patch into the game download.

If you're Plus, just exit and they'll download the patch tonight while you sleep if you have auto update enabled

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Actually, some do and some don't.

I know that Sound Shapes, MotorStorm RC, MLB 12: The Show, Hustle Kings, and Foosball 2012 definitely have separate trophy lists for each version along with SS and MotorStorm RC offering Cross Trophies so that what trophies you earn with one version unlocks in the other without needing to play through them a second time. Retro City Rampage is the only game that I have that doesn't have separate trophy lists for each version.

Edit: Rereading Matt's post, I'm confused as to whether he means Cross Buy games (buy once, get it for both platforms), Cross Save (shares saves between games on both platforms), or Cross Play (play online against players on both platforms). Either way, Retro City Rampage is the only game on Vita and PS3 with one trophy list for both.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. RCR is my first cross-play buy so I just assumed that was the case for all of them. It'll be interesting moving forward to see how different developers handle it since there doesn't seem to be a clear standard.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']All three games are Move compatible, so it's a must have for that price when 3 and 4 launched with PS+ deals that totaled about $12. $3 more gets you Overkill with a lot of quality light gun shooters for that price. The other way to look at it is that Overkill is $20 by itself, so for $5 less, you get 3 and 4 thrown in at no extra cost.[/QUOTE]

Between this and Dead Space Extraction, I'd be all over this if I had a Move. Know of any good deals? I'm hoping that when the holidays come around, there will be some major discounts.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I wish rayman origins would have a sale. It might be worth full price, but it's less at retail, and it's $20 on other systems.[/QUOTE]

I got Rayman with my Vita and had played it a little on PS3. I have to say, it's perfectly suited for the platform, and playing a few levels here and there is the ideal way to go IMO. I don't usually buy anything at MRSP so I can't recommend it for $40, but it's definitely a game I'd love to have installed on my Vita and not need a card for. Given that the Vita version also has platform-exclusive collectables (Relics), it seems like it might be the definitive version of the game to me.

[quote name='johnnypark']Between this and Dead Space Extraction, I'd be all over this if I had a Move. Know of any good deals? I'm hoping that when the holidays come around, there will be some major discounts.[/QUOTE]
It's constantly been on sale for 50% off for the past year or so, so just keep an eye on the Deals forum for when they pop up.

Just FYI...for anyone dropping down $15 on the PSN version of Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise, a $20 disc version (called Naughty Bear Double Trouble) is out the 23rd that apparently includes both that AND Naughty Bear Gold on disc.

[quote name='MR_E']Just FYI...for anyone dropping down $15 on the PSN version of Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise, a $20 disc version (called Naughty Bear Double Trouble) is out the 23rd that apparently includes both that AND Naughty Bear Gold on disc.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Naughty bear trades in for $5. Wonder if the gold edition fetches more at best buy

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's constantly been on sale for 50% off for the past year or so, so just keep an eye on the Deals forum for when they pop up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps I'll grab the HOTD collection and wait ffor a Move deal. $5 per game really is a bargain, and I already own the Dead Space game via Dead Space 2.

[quote name='shadowkast']Interesting. Naughty bear trades in for $5. Wonder if the gold edition fetches more at best buy[/QUOTE]

That was my thought, as well (especially with the trade in bonus at Best Buy). Unfortunately, I don't know if Best Buy is even carrying the new compilation, so not sure if you can do a straight trade in towards it. Double Trouble's nowhere to be found on the BB website. Still thinking about trading in my copy of NB Gold there towards Doom 3 and then grabbing Double Trouble elsewhere.

Gamestop actually has a preorder bonus costume, too, if you're interested in those things.

[quote name='johnnypark']Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps I'll grab the HOTD collection and wait ffor a Move deal. $5 per game really is a bargain, and I already own the Dead Space game via Dead Space 2.[/QUOTE]

All of those games are playable with the dualshock, so no need to wait. It's a bit trickier, and the games are definitely better with the Move, but they're all pretty playable and solid without it (finished Extraction and Overkill with the dualshock before I got my Move). The only one that was a bit bothersome was Overkill since it moves too quickly to grab a lot of the pickups and secret items without the Move (but the core gameplay was fine with the dualshock).

this is a nice halloween sale for playstation plus. i'm going to get a three month ps+ and i think there are going to be more sales for thanksgiving and christmas and hopefully it pays itself with the discounts.

[quote name='MR_E']Just FYI...for anyone dropping down $15 on the PSN version of Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise, a $20 disc version (called Naughty Bear Double Trouble) is out the 23rd that apparently includes both that AND Naughty Bear Gold on disc.[/QUOTE]

Naughty bear?

nothing.gif

[quote name='shadowkast']Interesting. Naughty bear trades in for $5. Wonder if the gold edition fetches more at best buy[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up. Checked on the trade in value in-store today, and there's no separate trade-in listing for the Gold Edition... So it's $5 just like the vanilla (but there's a 100% trade in bonus promo going on right now, so $10...plus the extra 50 cents if you're unlocked).

Recorded a walkthrough of the new PS Store with my UK account, so expect that to be live in a few hours. I just run through as many parts of the store as I thought would be interesting or useful to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back