PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already own the Persona games on PS2 and PSP, but having them on the Vita would be nice as well. I will probably buy them again digitally. I could sell the disc versions, but really like the boxed versions I have for all of them.

While I've purchased both multiple times (because I'm really smart about how I spend money), I'd throw my hat in for P3P. It's less frustrating, since you have direct control over your party, and navigating the world is much, much faster since you can essentially fast travel.

I mean, it's still a huge time-sink either way, but the snappier world traversal of P3P helps to make the certain elements of the game feel like less of a chore.

I find the structure of P3P's dungeons to be a much better fit for portables so you can jump in for a few floors until you reach a warp to get out and save while you have downtime or whatever.

I picked up When Vikings Attack and Portal 2 In Motion, so I may do videos for those if you guys want to see them in action.

Hey guys, quick question here. I just checked out the new PSN store.

How does it show what you already purchased? For example all the Plus games. The old get the red bag icon to show up to know you "purchased" it. Is this still possible?

For RE5 I had to go through complete checkout and now it says "purchased" but all the other PS Plus games I did the red bag trick for dont say so.

Do I have to do it all over again?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just looked and it shows correct for all the avatar stuff I got off Plus? Did my instant game collection get reset or something? Now to check the old stuff...

Heh, so I didn't see anyone else post this problem with RE5 Gold: Was free, DL'd it, tried to install and I get corrupt data error 85xxxxx. Will redownload and try again.

Also, all those games (and avatar bundles) that are free to PS+, but don't show as purchased (but did have a red shopping bag in old PSN style) get an error if you try to purchase or DL it.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Heh, so I didn't see anyone else post this problem with RE5 Gold: Was free, DL'd it, tried to install and I get corrupt data error 85xxxxx. Will redownload and try again.

Also, all those games (and avatar bundles) that are free to PS+, but don't show as purchased (but did have a red shopping bag in old PSN style) get an error if you try to purchase or DL it.[/QUOTE]

That's a strange error. Maybe it happened because of the fix that Sony was planning to implement? I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually but sucks that you've have to redownload it.

After installing RE5 Gold as a 1-hour free trial for PS+ subscribers, it seems to have been 'upgraded' automatically to the full game. I don't see that little golden tab next to the icon in the XMB menu that shows it's a trial.

So, do we know if there is any sort of schedule to announcing Day 1 Digital titles? i was hoping we'd see Black Ops 2 on there so I could save my friend some cash, but at this point I'm guessing it won't be.

I'm not big on anime stuff, but Persona 3 on PSP pulled me in something awful. Can't wait for Golden on Vita.

[quote name='evophile']Hey guys, quick question here. I just checked out the new PSN store.

How does it show what you already purchased? For example all the Plus games. The old get the red bag icon to show up to know you "purchased" it. Is this still possible?

For RE5 I had to go through complete checkout and now it says "purchased" but all the other PS Plus games I did the red bag trick for dont say so.

Do I have to do it all over again?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just looked and it shows correct for all the avatar stuff I got off Plus? Did my instant game collection get reset or something? Now to check the old stuff...[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue with mine, certain Plus games say purchased, others don't and just list the price. If you look at the PS Blog comments, it seems to be a fairly widespread problem. You should be able to find anything you've purchased in your download list, but that isn't exactly user-friendly depending on the number of downloads.

A fun easter egg I noticed in Persona 3, is that the news stations can talk about interviewing characters from the previous Persona games. Plus a character from Persona 1 and one from Persona 3 had their companies as one in the past, but I believe are still partners to some degree.

I say just be nuts like me, and play a Male playthrough in Persona 3 FES and a Female playthrough in the PSP one. It will give you an even larger view of the people around you and what they're up to.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Didn't one of the Persona's have Vincent from Catherine in it?[/QUOTE]

Might be the other way around unless #4 has some mention of Vincent. Im playing Catherine now and there's some Persona tracks in the jukebox at the bar.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Might be the other way around unless #4 has some mention of Vincent. Im playing Catherine now and there's some Persona tracks in the jukebox at the bar.[/QUOTE]

I believe the 3rd portable game had a lookalike, though that person is confirmed to a different person from the Vincent in Catherine.

My friend still hadn't preordered CODBO2 yet, so I convinced him to let me do it for him at Best Buy, then got the @Gamer issue free and bought a year of PS+ for $35. Alright Sony, do your worst (best?). I'm ready for you. I am highly looking forward to the Vita version of + as well.

Btw, I have found that I do hate the new trophy setup. Pretty much every time I want to check a trophy, then back out, it locks up at the list of games for a couple minutes with the loading symbol. Starting to find it's easier to just check my trophy lists via gamercard sites...

[quote name='AkariK']My friend still hadn't preordered CODBO2 yet, so I convinced him to let me do it for him at Best Buy, then got the @Gamer issue free and bought a year of PS+ for $35. Alright Sony, do your worst (best?). I'm ready for you. I am highly looking forward to the Vita version of + as well.

Btw, I have found that I do hate the new trophy setup. Pretty much every time I want to check a trophy, then back out, it locks up at the list of games for a couple minutes with the loading symbol. Starting to find it's easier to just check my trophy lists via gamercard sites...[/QUOTE]

You think thats bad? You only have 221 games played... but seriously, just switch it to offline mode. That will get it to the old style, then click your card to actually sync them. Sorta annoying, but not too different than the old set up really.

[quote name='admiralvic']You think thats bad? You only have 221 games played... but seriously, just switch it to offline mode. That will get it to the old style, then click your card to actually sync them. Sorta annoying, but not too different than the old set up really.[/QUOTE]

Nah, even in offline mode it tries to sync with server when you try to check your Trophy List, while signed in, and not in a game. If you are in a game, then sure offline mode acts like normal.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Nah, even in offline mode it tries to sync with server when you try to check your Trophy List, while signed in, and not in a game. If you are in a game, then sure offline mode acts like normal.[/QUOTE]
Offline mode is the old system. If you haven't synced your trophies in a while when you're online, it'll sync them. If they're up to date, then they won't sync when you look. It also only shows all of the local trophies, which means no Vita trophies.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you haven't synced your trophies in a while when you're online, it'll sync them.[/QUOTE]

This has always bugged me. 'A while' seems to be 'more than 15 minutes of idle' or 'more than 5 minutes of gameplay' to me.

[quote name='AkariK']This has always bugged me. 'A while' seems to be 'more than 15 minutes of idle' or 'more than 5 minutes of gameplay' to me.[/QUOTE]

I've gone hours idle in a game without it happening. Can't say outside of a game, but it almost never happens to me.

Got RE5 fine but I cannot get Rachet & Clank, Infamous 2, or LBP 2 to even add to my cart. It keeps telling me that all of them are unavailable at this time. I tried the demo and it will let me download the demo.

Anyone with ideas on that?

[quote name='AkariK']This has always bugged me. 'A while' seems to be 'more than 15 minutes of idle' or 'more than 5 minutes of gameplay' to me.[/QUOTE]

It will only resync you if you have started up a game since the last time you synced. Even if you don't gain a trophy or you have 100%, after starting up a game it will sync the next time you try to look at them out of game.

Quick question for the CAG community...Is there anyway to delete trophy information in which you have 0% for the game? I know you can with Xbox, but I am not sure on PS3.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Quick question for the CAG community...Is there anyway to delete trophy information in which you have 0% for the game? I know you can with Xbox, but I am not sure on PS3.[/QUOTE]

nope

[quote name='Rollobobo']Quick question for the CAG community...Is there anyway to delete trophy information in which you have 0% for the game? I know you can with Xbox, but I am not sure on PS3.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't synced yet, you can re-format the hard drive.

[quote name='carl7117']ive been playing RE5 but how do i unlock the special stuff from the gold edition? do i have to beat the game first?[/QUOTE]

Some of it yes, some no. You need to progress to chapter 3-1 I believe, the boat stage where Chris has the flashback to when He lost his partner, Jill, which was during the "Lost in Nightmares" DLC scenario. Pretty positive that unlocks after this stage.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Some of it yes, some no. You need to progress to chapter 3-1 I believe, the boat stage where Chris has the flashback to when He lost his partner, Jill, which was during the "Lost in Nightmares" DLC scenario. Pretty positive that unlocks after this stage.[/QUOTE]

oh alright thanks

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you haven't synced yet, you can re-format the hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can just delete the profile and then make a new one with that accounts info...

i really hope they come up with some more options for the graphics of psp game on vita. from what i've played, only the anime style games look good. dissidia looks horrible, and ragnarok tactics looks kind of bad in battles. guess i'm going to have to break out the psp for this one. maybe i'm just overreacting, and that's the difference in quality between vita and psp games.

Wondering if I should go for Persona 1/2/3 on this sale, or just wait and hope they drop more. Any chance that this would happen, or should I just snag them?

[quote name='CheapGamesFTW']Wondering if I should go for Persona 1/2/3 on this sale, or just wait and hope they drop more. Any chance that this would happen, or should I just snag them?[/QUOTE]
You might as well get them now you won't reget it. :)

[quote name='admiralvic']Pretty sure you can just delete the profile and then make a new one with that accounts info...[/QUOTE]

I knew there was an easier way, still a pain in the ass though, I'd rather go for the trophies.

I'm wondering what I should use my $20 on. I'm hoping Vita Plus comes with some good discounts.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I knew there was an easier way, still a pain in the ass though, I'd rather go for the trophies.

I'm wondering what I should use my $20 on. I'm hoping Vita Plus comes with some good discounts.[/QUOTE]

Some games to think about would be Dokuro, Okami HD or Moon Diver since I've never seen it onsale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']I knew there was an easier way, still a pain in the ass though, I'd rather go for the trophies.

I'm wondering what I should use my $20 on. I'm hoping Vita Plus comes with some good discounts.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Last time I synced my list, it took me 9 hours to complete. (Before someone makes a stupid claim like my internet sucks... I got 300+ games played, there are just a lot of lists lol)

As far as the 20, I 2nd Dokuro. However, some people have problems with the puzzle difficulty... so keep that in mind. I found them all pretty easy and got the platinum within 2 days.

[quote name='CheapGamesFTW']Wondering if I should go for Persona 1/2/3 on this sale, or just wait and hope they drop more. Any chance that this would happen, or should I just snag them?[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on when you are planning to play them. It might be a while before they get cheaper, but if you have enough of a backlog that you don't think you will get to it soon, maybe it is a good idea to pass.

Personally, I think the games are worth it at this price.

9 hours to sync is pretty insane admiralvic. i have alot of games and mine takes at most 15mins and even that gets me impatient. Also i don't know why people fret over 0%'s, i think about 25% of my games list is 0-5%s just from putting the game in, playing a level and trading it back in/sending back the rental/back to the backlog. and yeah if i want to check my trophies I just choose to do it ingame now on and hope it doesn't freeze. edit below my gamers tags, yeah 54% completion on 548 games is pretty bad... I gotta quit making babies and play my games!

I wish we could get rid of 0% games on our trophy list only to make it more manageable. I am no where near the completion % you guys have as even games I like I will rarely be able to 100% due to online and other hard trophies I dont have the skill and patience for. I just want the 0% games gone so the list is smaller and more of a true representation of games I actually played. Usually I have 0% on a game because I decided it isnt worth the time to play. After all I do have nearly 50 games in the backlog at the moment. I am sure some of you have much more.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I really want Dokuro, Okami, and Killzone HD but I think I'll wait to see what happens with Vita Plus.[/QUOTE]
Okami worth every penny im about 60+ hours and still not finished.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-retro-city-rampage-dominates-ps-vita-charts/

The Best-Selling PSN Games for October:
While we tip our hats to yet another amazing performance byThe Walking Dead with Episode 4: Around Every Corner, we’re giving the spotlight to a little game that could — Retro City Rampage.

Last month’s top PS Vita seller, Retro City Rampage pays tribute to games from days gone by, while adopting the open-world gameplay of modern day titles. Crafted by a small team led by Brian Provinciano, the game features an 8-bit art style, complete with amazing chiptunes.

Honorable mentions go to a number of the Day 1 Digital games. Dishonored, NBA 2K13,Resident Evil 6, Doom 3 BFG Edition, and Assassin’s Creed 3 (not to mention a great performance by Assassin’s Creed III Liberation on PS Vita) all debuted in fine form.

Congrats once again to The Walking Dead Episode 4 and Retro City Rampage. Check out the full results below and let us know what your predictions for the charts are for November. If you’re interested to see how your favorite PSN titles performed overseas, you can check out the EU Blog’s Top PSN Sellers post as well.

Top 20 PSN and PS3 Full Games
  1. The Walking Dead – Episode 4: Around Every Corner
  2. Sonic Adventure 2
  3. inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
  4. NBA 2K13
  5. Resident Evil 6
  6. Dishonored
  7. TOKYO JUNGLE
  8. Assassin’s Creed III
  9. Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
  10. The Unfinished Swan
  11. The Walking Dead – Episode 3: Long Road Ahead