PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that means the free Red Faction : Battlegrounds is only for new subscribers to PSN+ and not for all PSN+ users :(

The deals for this week:

PS3
Age of Booty - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Hamsterball - $4.99
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $7.49
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil - Total Uranus Bundle - $6.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype & Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer Bundle - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Complete Bundle - $12.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Wolf of The Battlefield: Commando 3 - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Minis
3,2,1 SuperCrash! + Dr. Minigames Bundle - $3.99
Angry Birds - $1.99

PSP
Hannspree Ten Kate Honda SBK Superbike World Championship - $7.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ghostbusters - $9.99 - Temporary Sale

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Hamsterball - $3.99
Stardrone - $4.00

They've also added another charity to donate to (Japan Society) for Japan Relief in the Aid Japan section of the PS Store. It offers a new static theme in exchange for donating anywhere from $2 to $50.

Huh... Is anyone else not being charged tax? I just bought the Stacking and Castlevania: LoS DLC and wasn't charged tax, which is weird because up until now I have been.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Is this a good deal for Lara Croft? Has it ever been cheaper on PS3?[/QUOTE]
From the FAQ in the OP:
Q: Would you mind listing the previous deals so I can see if a game I'm considering is a frequent sale item or not?
A: Since that would be a lot of work, I have a simpler solution that will give you access to the past few years' worth of sales. Just go over to the What's in the PS Store thread I run in the PS3 forum and click on the "Search This Thread" button right above the first post on the right and type in the name of the game you're interested in. The results should let you see if that game has been on sale at any point in the past few years and give you an idea of whether it's better to get the game now or wait for a sale.

How is this for retarded?

I got a code for a free wipeout HD/ super stardust HD/pain/storm with my tv 3d sony bravia 46HX8000 but the code never worked, and now sony is saying its past expiration and im out of luck. I scratched the ticket myself and all of the b's and 8's looks like each other and i may of misentered it. It took them so long to get back to me I am S.O.L. :[

Finally Lara Croft had a sale and no I don't believe it's ever been discounted before until now. Needless to say I bought it, thanks.

Frisky, if you want to update the OP, Gamestop.com does have codes for Crash Bandicoot @ 2.99 back in stock.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Weren't we supposed to get Red Faction Battlegrounds for free? Or is that coming?[/QUOTE]

You should have gotten an email with a voucher code. Got mine already. Also, this is for new subscribers for the period March ??-25 so not all PS+ subscribers are going to get it, I believe.

[quote name='mitch079']Frisky, if you want to update the OP, Gamestop.com does have codes for Crash Bandicoot @ 2.99 back in stock.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Been waiting for whenever they'd allow people buy it online since it's been on their site for a few months now.

[quote name='madbst']You should have gotten an email with a voucher code. Got mine already. Also, this is for new subscribers for the period March ??-25 so not all PS+ subscribers are going to get it, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. I heard it was only for new subs but then I heard everyone was going to get it anyway. Sigh.

I guess I'll have to preorder the new Red Faction at my local gamestop to snag a free copy.

The sites that said it was for everybody completely misunderstood what the offer was and in turn mislead everybody that wasn't eligible for it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The sites that said it was for everybody completely misunderstood what the offer was and in turn mislead everybody that wasn't eligible for it.[/QUOTE]

Clearly. Oh well. At least I've got Sonic 2 this week!...

I can't wait till they finish running through these old school games. It's not that I don't appreciate them. It's just that I can already play them for free on their home systems (yes I do own all of these) or on the Sonic Collection I already bought (on PS3 too-almost wish I bought the 360 version but at least they are seperate trophy lists so I can double dip). I would much rather get a newer free game. Preferably a PSN exclusive, as my monthly freebie.

The Sega games aren't the free PSN games for the month, but an extra game. Comet Crash was the PSN release for this month and they'll have a new game on 4/26 to replace it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Sega games aren't the free PSN games for the month, but an extra game. Comet Crash was the PSN release for this month and they'll have a new game on 4/26 to replace it.[/QUOTE]

Oh right. Forgot Comet Crash went free last week. Glad I didn't buy it for the $5 it was on sale for recently. In addition to works for me of course. Now I just have to get around to actually playing my backlog. Ha.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Sweet -- Lara Croft will be mine![/QUOTE]

In for that too. I have money already in my wallet. I've been waiting for this sale. I just got enough points for a new PSN card from Speedway that I can use to get the Kain/Raziel DLC. Nice way to work around the spending freeze, yet still get a new game. I'm not actually spending money since the funds in my wallet are from the last time I got one from Speedway.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']How is this for retarded?

I got a code for a free wipeout HD/ super stardust HD/pain/storm with my tv 3d sony bravia 46HX8000 but the code never worked, and now sony is saying its past expiration and im out of luck. I scratched the ticket myself and all of the b's and 8's looks like each other and i may of misentered it. It took them so long to get back to me I am S.O.L. :[[/QUOTE]

That sucks since I recently encountered a messed up code. I got my MvC 3 code misprinted from my collectors edition. It was a pain in the ass to get Capcom to get me a new code but finally emailing a picture to them I got the code replaced. The code was only printed on the bottom half of the white box so only the top portion of the code was visible.

I got one of those vouchers recently for WipeOut HD & Super Stardust HD since I missed out on the W.O. HD for PS+ members when it started.

yeah, if you really want that battlegrounds game, you can preorder rfa and get the game free plus $10 off future thq games i believe.
yeah i love these extra free sonic games, even tho i own the collection i can always use more trophies, plus i love it being loaded on my harddrive for easy access. im so lazy when it comes to putting in disks, lol.
im also glad i didn't buy cometcrash when it was $5. makes me want to wait when they have these sales like i did with hoard, hopefully that will be free too also.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The sites that said it was for everybody completely misunderstood what the offer was and in turn mislead everybody that wasn't eligible for it.[/QUOTE]
I actually called Sony the other day because the e-mail I received, like you noted, was very deceiving.

They assured me thatI am eligible for a voucher even though I signed up for PS+ in December. They said that the codes have to be sent out manually and thus are sent in batches. The guy told me I should check my e-mail again this Tuesday.

It sounded like a bunch of bullshit but I guess we shall see.

And I think I'm going to grab Lara Croft, Ricochet HD, Hamster Ball and Wolf of the Battlefield today. I already have Wolf and Lara on 360 but I absolutely loved Lara and it's tough to beat Wolf for $5.

[quote name='Bluewolf21']What Lara Croft game is it you guys are referring to just asking[/QUOTE]

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. It's a download-only twin stick shooter with online coop. Regularly $15, on sale for $7.50 for Spring Fever. I just picked it up, really fun actually. I had been waiting for it to go on sale. :)

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Is Freedom Unite the most commonly played one? If that's the one with the biggest player-base, $10 doesn't seem like a bad price, even for a game I couldn't play the demo for.[/QUOTE]

talk a friend in to picking up a copy too... it is absolutely fantastic for couch co-op.

edit: or just buy 2. worth it.

[quote name='Svengoolie']So... what is it that people like about Angry Birds? Just following the trend because it's the "cool" mobile game?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just pure fun. I have sank hours into original, seasons, and rio and I'm a "hardcore" gamer. Think I'll pick up the ps3 version too just for the hell of it.

I totally agree with you ras... was looking for an excuse to play through all the levels again. Probably wait till I beat a few more games, but for this price I'll just grab it now.

[quote name='Svengoolie']So... what is it that people like about Angry Birds? Just following the trend because it's the "cool" mobile game?[/QUOTE]
If we were following "trends" we'd all be walking around with the "Beiber Bowl",driving a Prius and listening to Lady Gaga.:roll:

No.... it's because it's actually fun.

on topic, thanks for the updates.

[quote name='raarar']I totally agree with you ras... was looking for an excuse to play through all the levels again. Probably wait till I beat a few more games, but for this price I'll just grab it now.[/QUOTE]

Save your money. On PS3 it's pretty bad... The audio is terrible, it's not HD, and you can't even zoom out.

This type of game is best suited for mobile devices. I don't know what I was thinking. Lesson learned.

[quote name='KemperJones']Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Bundle (38) - $3.99 - Begins 4/12

What is this bundle? Both DLC characters or the ghost mode?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an avatar bundle!

$2 is less than a hamburger, lol. i just bought it and played a few levels, it's ok. it was kinda chunky for such a lil game, thought it would run smoother...
I let my kids play it and they love it, altho I need to help them out sometimes. if it makes them happy for 20 minutes for $2, it's a good deal ;) just wish they could work out some trophies for these mini's, lol, maybe just a gold or 2 silvers or something! same with ps1games rereleases

The new deals for this week:

PS3
Final Fight: Double Impact - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Worms 2: Armageddon - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Worms 2: Armageddon - Battle Pack - $3.49 - Temporary Sale

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Dungeon Hunter - $9.74
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - $11.99

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (38) - $3.99

[quote name='Velo214']$2 is less than a hamburger, lol. i just bought it and played a few levels, it's ok. it was kinda chunky for such a lil game, thought it would run smoother...
I let my kids play it and they love it, altho I need to help them out sometimes. if it makes them happy for 20 minutes for $2, it's a good deal ;) just wish they could work out some trophies for these mini's, lol, maybe just a gold or 2 silvers or something! same with ps1games rereleases[/QUOTE]
It won't happen since they're made for the PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back