PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always wanted to try Assassin's Creed, but I think I'd rather wait for the physical game to go on sale, they should both get that low at some point by now. Warhawk, however, is damn tempting at $15 with all the dlc.

And I'm in the same boat with Zmonkay of wanting to activate my free PS+ at the end of this cycle, does anyone know when they change?

[quote name='djbooba']Also for PlayStation Plus you can download the Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers Full Game for free.[/QUOTE]
It's good for free. I just found the AI to get too fucking lucky about 90% of the time.

If you're wondering about whether Warhawk's still active online, there are about 80 servers up right now and I had no problems just hitting quick join to get into a fairly full match.

[quote name='djbooba']Also for PlayStation Plus you can download the Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers Full Game for free.[/QUOTE]

Sadly a CAGer proved(or so I believe) that "games w/no expiration dates" from PS+, such as Sam&max or Stacking, do indeed expire at the end of your membership.

This Magic the gathering game has no expiration date and you even dl the unlock key which you can see on your DL history list. So to me it seems like it's truly free but I hope those with the free month can tell us in a few weeks if they can boot and play this game once their membership expires.

Hope someone will let me and those conference know since I got a 2 year membership and I can't wait that long to see if I'll keep those games or not. (again the ones with no expiration date) Thanx.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition includes Bonfire of Vanities & Secret Locations or just Bonfire of Vanities only?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well please. I am guessing no, because after I purchased it the little red bag symbol indicating ownership popped up next to sequence 12 & 13, but not next to the second sequence 13 that includes the secret locations from the CE.

Are these 3 Templar secret locations worth $3.49? (Sorry for the noob question, haven't played any AC games yet).

[quote name='darknight88']Sadly a CAGer proved(or so I believe) that "games w/no expiration dates" from PS+, such as Sam&max or Stacking, do indeed expire at the end of your membership.

This Magic the gathering game has no expiration date and you even dl the unlock key which you can see on your DL history list. So to me it seems like it's truly free but I hope those with the free month can tell us in a few weeks if they can boot and play this game once their membership expires.

Hope someone will let me and those conference know since I got a 2 year membership and I can't wait that long to see if I'll keep those games or not. (again the ones with no expiration date) Thanx.[/QUOTE]

It's been mentioned before over on the PlayStation Forums that you can always log on to your Qriocity account on the internet and view your entire PlayStation Network download list. There it lists properly the expiration dates of everything. At least it did when this whole issue arose when PlayStation Plus first started up, so I'm assuming it still lists it correctly.

Thanks. Ordered Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition after trading in my copy of ACII. $8 in GS credit is better than hanging onto my unused PSN credit. Plus, it comes with the DLC.

Anyone else getting the Warhawk Booster Combo Bundle showing up as free for PS+ members, but it not letting you select it?

I don't want to buy it after seeing this.

IMG_9819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wilflare']still waiting on Beyond Good and Evil![/QUOTE]

It's coming out on European PSN on March 8 with a 20% PSN+ discount. I'm guessing it will hit US PSN either this Thursday or next Thursday, but with no discount.

[quote name='Zbornak']It's coming out on European PSN on March 8 with a 20% PSN+ discount. I'm guessing it will hit US PSN either this Thursday or next Thursday, but with no discount.[/QUOTE]

March 8? What year??

For those keeping score at home, Warhawk is also $9.99 used at Gamestop. Assassin's Creed 2 is $17.99 (19.99 new, first one $14.99 used).

Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition (PS3) for $10 PSN

npub-30423-packfront.jpg

Assassin's Creed® II Deluxe Edition

Assassin's Creed II is an epic story of brotherhood, vengeance and conspiracy set in the pristine, yet brutal backdrop of 15th century Renaissance Italy. Our new hero, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, befriends Leonardo da Vinci, takes on Florence's most powerful families and ventures throughout the canals of Venice where he learns to become a Master Assassin.Features:
  • Open-world mission structure with immense variety
  • Utilize an arsenal of weapons and gadgets designed by Leonardo da Vinci
  • Purchase weapons, upgrades and favors from crowd using a new economic system
  • Unlock and share exclusive content when you connect Assassin's Creed II on PlayStation®3 system to Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines on PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system
  • Extend your gameplay with all previously released DLC now fully integrated into the game including:
  • Sequence 12: Battle of Forli
  • Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities

[quote name='JJSP']For those keeping score at home, Warhawk is also $9.99 used at Gamestop. Assassin's Creed 2 is $17.99 (19.99 new, first one $14.99 used).[/QUOTE]

Lol, i snagged a 6.99 copy at Blockbuster when they had that B1G1 sale. Awesome timing :D

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Ugh. Something went wrong with my Wipeout HD download- it's not on my XMB, and it took away my option for Free Game 1. I hope customer service can fix this.[/QUOTE]
I assume it's in the OP, but go to Account Mgr -> Services -> Welcome Back. It should be there.

Not that the DLC is any good but as a whole package this is great. I'd definitely buy this if I hadn't already finished it on the 360.

hopefully GoD follows suit... i think this is one of the few, if not only full games we've seen between Xbox 360 and PS3 that has gone on sale or been less than MSRP. If this was for 360 I'd purchase immediately (dont have a ps3), if only just to let them know we'll buy these full games if you charge a reasonably price for them.

[quote name='muffin1man']does anyone know the size of the game gigabyte wise? Hopefully it's less than 8...[/QUOTE]

The game is around 7 GBs and the two DLCs add up to around 2 GBs so 9 GBs total.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']The game is around 7 GBs and the two DLCs add up to around 2 GBs so 9 GBs total.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks Narcis! If the DLC are seperate downloads then I can get it today

Thanks for answering my other question earlier Narcis.

Does anyone know if this includes the 3 DLC templar maps? In the download list it downloads the regular Bonfire DLC, but I thought they might be included in the main AC2 Deluxe download.

[quote name='murphbri']I would like to know this as well please. I am guessing no, because after I purchased it the little red bag symbol indicating ownership popped up next to sequence 12 & 13, but not next to the second sequence 13 that includes the secret locations from the CE. [/QUOTE]

I am wondering, too, after my purchase I noticed the same thing.

I think the 3 extra maps might be included in the main AC2 Deluxe download, though? Were the original DLC codes for these maps actual downloads, or just DLC codes that unlocked on-disc content?

Extremely tempting, but I'm not sure if I want to play this on the PS3, since I have the original for the 360. And I prefer physical copies of my games.

Also, I'm not entirely comfortable with buying anything from the Playstation Store just yet.

Still, I might have to bite with this price.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']So very tempting, but i haven't even completed the first one yet. I think i'll hold off[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a huge favor and don't bother. The first game is incredibly repetitive and is a huge turn off towards the rest of the series. 2 does everything the first did, except for it does it right.

[quote name='murphbri']I would like to know this as well please. I am guessing no, because after I purchased it the little red bag symbol indicating ownership popped up next to sequence 12 & 13, but not next to the second sequence 13 that includes the secret locations from the CE.

Are these 3 Templar secret locations worth $3.49? (Sorry for the noob question, haven't played any AC games yet).[/QUOTE]

So then if only Bonfire of Vanities is included and I want Secret Locations as well, I need to spend $3.49 more just to get the Secret Locations?:whistle2:s:whistle2:x:nottalking: That is kind of lame. Might just spend on the $5.49 for both Sequence 12 and 13 with Secret Locations then, since I got the disc version already.

Edit: After some searching, it seems that the Deluxe Edition does come with the Secret Locations.

can anyone confirm?
so AC2 Deluxe comes with all the following?

Assassin’s Creed Sequence 12: Battle of Forli – Sale (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
Assassin’s Creed Sequence 13: Bonfire of Vanities – Sale (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
Assassin’s Creed Sequence 13: Bonfire of Vanities & Secret Locations – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $6.99)

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']It's been mentioned before over on the PlayStation Forums that you can always log on to your Qriocity account on the internet and view your entire PlayStation Network download list. There it lists properly the expiration dates of everything. At least it did when this whole issue arose when PlayStation Plus first started up, so I'm assuming it still lists it correctly.[/QUOTE]

What I'm talking about is not about that. I can clearly if a game has an expiration date or not. Sam&Max, Stacking and now Magic don't have an expiration at all but first 2 games were confirmed unplayable after + ended for a user. So need confirmation from those 1 month PSN plus members.

[quote name='darknight88']What I'm talking about is not about that. I can clearly if a game has an expiration date or not. Sam&Max, Stacking and now Magic don't have an expiration at all but first 2 games were confirmed unplayable after + ended for a user. So need confirmation from those 1 month PSN plus members.[/QUOTE]

No. What you're talking about is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

- 1. Go to QRIOCITY.COM and sign in.
- 2. Select "Media".
- 3. "Magic the Gathering: Duels..." expires 12/1/11 (for me)

Now if I look at my copy of Magic on my PS3 it doesn't list that it expires, but clearly on QRIOCITY.COM it lists that it does, which also happens to be true.

I just reverified this right now.

[quote name='wilflare']can anyone confirm?
so AC2 Deluxe comes with all the following?

Assassin’s Creed Sequence 12: Battle of Forli – Sale (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
Assassin’s Creed Sequence 13: Bonfire of Vanities – Sale (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
Assassin’s Creed Sequence 13: Bonfire of Vanities & Secret Locations – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $6.99)[/QUOTE]

No. When you purchase it, only Sequence 12 (1.99) and Sequence 13 (1.99) show as purchased according to the others (I have not yet purchased it myself). The working theory is that the "Deluxe Edition" simply already includes the Secret Locations so the (3.49) doesn't need to get purchased.

This of course means that if you ever decide to buy the disc version for some reason in the future you would need to buy the Sequence & Secrets later.

I however, am still waiting just like you for a confirmation from someone here before I actually buy the game.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Do yourself a huge favor and don't bother. The first game is incredibly repetitive and is a huge turn off towards the rest of the series. 2 does everything the first did, except for it does it right.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I tried playing the first (for the second time) after beating the second one twice, and I couldn't even last 5 minutes. The first game is a game where you can see the huge potential, but it is not very fun.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']The game is around 7 GBs and the two DLCs add up to around 2 GBs so 9 GBs total.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP for posting this.

I guess there's no physical copy of the deluxe edition? 9 GB will take forever to download :cry:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If there's a known expiration date on any of the deals, I will definitely list it. The deals are usually there for a month, so anything newer will be around for a while and older stuff is closer to being taken down. We should be getting a PS+ update post this week, so we should know what's expiring within the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]

IC, thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Thanks OP for posting this.

I guess there's no physical copy of the deluxe edition? 9 GB will take forever to download :cry:[/QUOTE]

At the end of the day, start the download, and then hit Download in Background. Then, on the XMB, go all the way to the left, then up to Turn Off System. Hit the checkbox to turn off the system automatically after background download. Go to sleep, go to work, and when you come home the next day, it'll not only be downloaded, but installed, too.

I guess there's no physical copy of the deluxe edition? 9 GB will take forever to download :cry:[/QUOTE]

do what the other poster said, the download in background feature - BUT, start it in the morning before you leave for the day.
I've found my PSN speed (and speed overall) is much better at 9am than at 9pm-2am...

im tempted. i have the steam version of the deluxe edition but with the 360 controller it plays like butt. i either need to figure out how to properly configure that junk or just get a console version. i dont mind using mouse and keyboard but i just think AC is probably easier to control with a....controller.

I know your pain, just leave it on overnight. When you go to turn off your screen via the home menu, you will have the option to select, turn off when all downloads complete. This way it wont turn off your PS3. Then next morning if you need to stop, just press circle and turn off your PS3 normal and restart whenever.

Halfway done with the game. Downloading when I go to bed, and shut it off when I get up in the morning, but $10 for this is a great deal. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back