PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='woodcan']Link isn't working for me. Is the same deal on the PSN Store on the PS3?[/QUOTE]
Bought the game last night, so yep it's working.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Great deal.

Would I be missing a lot if I just started with II?[/QUOTE]

Opinions vary, but I would say no. I would look for a web synopsis for the first game and play 2. 1 wasn't a very good game, 2 fixed most of its major problems.

I just picked up a ps3 copy a couple weeks ago during BBV's bogo. I'm tempted to sell that back and get this. Haven't played it yet, but does anybody know if the load times are better with the digital copy?

Somehow downloading this screwed up my ps3. I just started playing ac2 a few days ago. My plan was to buy the deluxe version and sell my disk so I could get my son another game. After downloading and installing the deluxe version, I realized that my old saves would not work so I decided to just finish the game on the disk before selling it. Now, my ps3 will not play my ac2 disk. I have tried everything to get it to work but it just goes to a black screen when I launch the game. All my other games work so it has to be something with the files that I downloaded.

No I tried to play first but couldn't stand to play it. It was very very repetitive

When i was on youtube a few months ago, someone had isolated all of the cutscenes into a few videos. I'd definately watch those before starting 2.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']No. When you purchase it, only Sequence 12 (1.99) and Sequence 13 (1.99) show as purchased according to the others (I have not yet purchased it myself). The working theory is that the "Deluxe Edition" simply already includes the Secret Locations so the (3.49) doesn't need to get purchased.

This of course means that if you ever decide to buy the disc version for some reason in the future you would need to buy the Sequence & Secrets later.

I however, am still waiting just like you for a confirmation from someone here before I actually buy the game.[/QUOTE]

searched wiki and got my own answer

"Templar Lairs
These three dungeons/platforming puzzles, similar to the game's Assassin's Tombs but without special rewards other than treasure, were originally included in the Assassin's Creed II: Black Edition (European and Australian release), with one included in the White Edition and two in the North American Master Assassin's Edition. Ubisoft subsequently offered them as DLC via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. They have since been included in Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition and Game of the Year Edition."

"After much complaining from Assassin's Creed II fans that they were unable to complete the game due to the need to complete the three Templar Lairs (only available on the White or Black Editions) to earn 100% synchronisation, Ubisoft released Assassin's Creed II: The Complete Edition. Included in the package are download codes for the two DLCs, Battle of Forlì and Bonfire of the Vanities and the three Templar Lairs. Later Assassin's Creed II: The Game of the Year Edition was released, containing the extra content incorporated on the game disc.
Eventually Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition was also released, containing the three bonus areas & missions and the downloadable content Battle of Forlì and Bonfire of the Vanities. This Edition, however, is only available via Digital Download."

[quote name='mkelehan']At the end of the day, start the download, and then hit Download in Background. Then, on the XMB, go all the way to the left, then up to Turn Off System. Hit the checkbox to turn off the system automatically after background download. Go to sleep, go to work, and when you come home the next day, it'll not only be downloaded, but installed, too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I know your pain, just leave it on overnight. When you go to turn off your screen via the home menu, you will have the option to select, turn off when all downloads complete. This way it wont turn off your PS3. Then next morning if you need to stop, just press circle and turn off your PS3 normal and restart whenever.

Halfway done with the game. Downloading when I go to bed, and shut it off when I get up in the morning, but $10 for this is a great deal. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='velvet396']do what the other poster said, the download in background feature - BUT, start it in the morning before you leave for the day.
I've found my PSN speed (and speed overall) is much better at 9am than at 9pm-2am...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for tip everyone. Problem is I don't like to leave my PS3 on for so long, my 3mb/sec connection doesn't help either.

Anyway, I'll just purchase it now and download later until I upgrade my 80gb hard drive and internet connection.

[quote name='darknight88']What I'm talking about is not about that. I can clearly if a game has an expiration date or not. Sam&Max, Stacking and now Magic don't have an expiration at all but first 2 games were confirmed unplayable after + ended for a user. So need confirmation from those 1 month PSN plus members.[/QUOTE]

FYI: my stacking shows an expiration date (b/c i got it free on my PSN+ account) (i knew this was the case, but didnt know the qriocity site had this info - thx for the tip)

my assumption would be that Magic (a discounted, not free, title) would not have an expiry. E.g. I just bought "Shank" (awesome at $5) and it does not show an expiration date.

[quote name='darknight88']Sadly a CAGer proved(or so I believe) that "games w/no expiration dates" from PS+, such as Sam&max or Stacking, do indeed expire at the end of your membership.

This Magic the gathering game has no expiration date and you even dl the unlock key which you can see on your DL history list. So to me it seems like it's truly free but I hope those with the free month can tell us in a few weeks if they can boot and play this game once their membership expires.

Hope someone will let me and those conference know since I got a 2 year membership and I can't wait that long to see if I'll keep those games or not. (again the ones with no expiration date) Thanx.[/QUOTE]
they only expire when your sub ends, you got 2 years.. surly you can scrounge up a quarter a day for the next 2 years to pay for another year+

I was thinking about picking up Tumble for $5 just to have another Move game but I couldn't pass up AC II for $10 considering it comes with the DLC so I got that instead. I already beat the game on the 360 but never played any of the DLC so I figured it would be worth it. Excellent game for the price even without the DLC.

Argh...I have Assassin's Creed 2 in my backlog. I guess I could pick this up just for the DLC.

Now if only I could figure out how to get back online with my PS3. Haven't messed with PSN since March.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']The game is around 7 GBs and the two DLCs add up to around 2 GBs so 9 GBs total.[/QUOTE]
ouch, guess ill wait for a 10-15 disc one.

i get limited BW and have a shitty 80gb HDD in my ps3, really need to upgrade it i just don't know what ones work.

Bought it last night. My friend has been bugging me to give it a chance but I refused after the first Assassin's Creed.

Hopefully this is an Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 style jump.

Does this include the Secret Locations DLC? And what is that? PSN sells Bonfire of the Vanities by itself and then also sells Bonfire + Secret Locations for a little bit more. Was always confused by that.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Argh...I have Assassin's Creed 2 in my backlog. I guess I could pick this up just for the DLC.

Now if only I could figure out how to get back online with my PS3. Haven't messed with PSN since March.[/QUOTE]

The DLC is on sale separately this week on PSN only.

[quote name='tlwizard']Does this include the Secret Locations DLC? And what is that? PSN sells Bonfire of the Vanities by itself and then also sells Bonfire + Secret Locations for a little bit more. Was always confused by that.[/QUOTE]

Secret locations are the dungeons from the Collector's Edition that was exclusive to Gamestop.

Looking at getting Tetris since I somehow lack the game on any platform and $5 Is a sweet price. But anyone know of a good alternative to using a credit/debit card on PSN? There's still a bitter aftertaste from the hacking ordeal and rather not get a $20 PSN card to spend on $5 immediately. I'm sure plenty of people are facing similar issues here.

[quote name='JohnDM']Looking at getting Tetris since I somehow lack the game on any platform and $5 Is a sweet price. But anyone know of a good alternative to using a credit/debit card on PSN? There's still a bitter aftertaste from the hacking ordeal and rather not get a $20 PSN card to spend on $5 immediately. I'm sure plenty of people are facing similar issues here.[/QUOTE]
They do sell $10 versions of the PSN cards. I know my best buy has them.

It's either CC or a PSN card. You might be able to find a $10 card at a local store, but they're probably harder to find than the standard $20 cards.

I was just going to ask about the PSN card increments that are available in store too. No way am I ever giving them my debit card number again. Does Amazon do the instant code thing for PSN cards?

It includes the Secret Locations

"Templar Lairs
These three dungeons/platforming puzzles, similar to the game's Assassin's Tombs but without special rewards other than treasure, were originally included in the Assassin's Creed II: Black Edition (European and Australian release), with one included in the White Edition and two in the North American Master Assassin's Edition. Ubisoft subsequently offered them as DLC via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. They have since been included in Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition and Game of the Year Edition."

"After much complaining from Assassin's Creed II fans that they were unable to complete the game due to the need to complete the three Templar Lairs (only available on the White or Black Editions) to earn 100% synchronisation, Ubisoft released Assassin's Creed II: The Complete Edition. Included in the package are download codes for the two DLCs, Battle of Forlì and Bonfire of the Vanities and the three Templar Lairs. Later Assassin's Creed II: The Game of the Year Edition was released, containing the extra content incorporated on the game disc.
Eventually Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition was also released, containing the three bonus areas & missions and the downloadable content Battle of Forlì and Bonfire of the Vanities. This Edition, however, is only available via Digital Download."

[quote name='wilflare']It includes the Secret Locations

"Templar Lairs

Eventually Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition was also released, containing the three bonus areas & missions and the downloadable content Battle of Forlì and Bonfire of the Vanities. This Edition, however, is only available via Digital Download."[/QUOTE]

Nice, was wondering this too. :)

[quote name='Chango']I was thinking about getting Gauntlet II but I only see a video for it. Anyone know if the game was removed?[/QUOTE]

There was a licensing issue. The original Gauntlet was removed as well.

[quote name='sublime90']just curious is AC Bloodlines even worth it??[/QUOTE]
It was the AC equivalent of MGS Portable Ops. good character model, pretty much stuck with the idea- but small maps and boring missions. I'll be honest and say I didn't finish it. I hate not having a right analog stick on the PSP. Hopefully the BC patch for the PSv will make it playable for me.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']They do sell $10 versions of the PSN cards. I know my best buy has them.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the Best Buy near here has them too if the Internet is to be believed. I just assumed the points cards started at $20 like everyone else. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='sublime90']just curious is AC Bloodlines even worth it??[/QUOTE]

Echoing everyone else's comments here, not worth your time. Just read a wiki to catch up on the story of what you missed.

Bought it last night. My friend has been bugging me to give it a chance but I refused after the first Assassin's Creed.

Hopefully this is an Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 style jump.

I think the jump is even bigger. I enjoyed UC1, and I loved UC2. AC1 was not even a really enjoyable game, AC2 is awesome.

Somehow downloading this screwed up my ps3. I just started playing ac2 a few days ago. My plan was to buy the deluxe version and sell my disk so I could get my son another game. After downloading and installing the deluxe version, I realized that my old saves would not work so I decided to just finish the game on the disk before selling it. Now, my ps3 will not play my ac2 disk. I have tried everything to get it to work but it just goes to a black screen when I launch the game. All my other games work so it has to be something with the files that I downloaded.

Delete all the downloaded files. That should allow it to work properly again from the disc although it might ask you to reinstall the cache files. Once you're done with the disc version, then delete the disc install files, and then redownload AC2.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']FYI: my stacking shows an expiration date (b/c i got it free on my PSN+ account) (i knew this was the case, but didnt know the qriocity site had this info - thx for the tip)

my assumption would be that Magic (a discounted, not free, title) would not have an expiry. E.g. I just bought "Shank" (awesome at $5) and it does not show an expiration date.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome, but also, Magic is a free game, not discounted. As such it does expire when your subscription expires, even if it doesn't say so for everyone... for some reason. Obviously, though, if you've ever paid for it or do pay for it at any time it will no longer expire.

And yeah, it's just wierd that way. My Stacking and Magic don't list on my PS3 that they expire, but my Sam & Max does. I was confused back when everyone was saying that it no longer expired when it clearly showed it did for me.

Not seeing Super Street Fighter IV Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $8.99, original price $17.99) actually on sale yet...

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']You're welcome, but also, Magic is a free game, not discounted. As such it does expire when your subscription expires, even if it doesn't say so for everyone..[/QUOTE]

oops (and qft)

yeah, there's some weird overlap floating around too. my cuboid shows no expiration (i bought it on PS+ discount), but the expansion pack (that I apparently got for free with PS+) do show an expiration). doesn't matter, I love my PS+, so i'll keep shelling out for it indefinitely, but I understand the frustration for those that try it and then cancel (even if it is spelled out pretty carefully)...

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']oops (and qft)

yeah, there's some weird overlap floating around too. my cuboid shows no expiration (i bought it on PS+ discount), but the expansion pack (that I apparently got for free with PS+) do show an expiration). doesn't matter, I love my PS+, so i'll keep shelling out for it indefinitely, but I understand the frustration for those that try it and then cancel (even if it is spelled out pretty carefully)...[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the initial blog posts had multiple aspects of the program wrong and was never corrected. Since Sony has never put out any other type of official itemizing people keep going back to those posts and assuming they are accurate when they are not.

The upcoming PS+ deals:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 6/14:

PS3
Braid - $2.50
The Fancy Pants Adventures - $5.00
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers - $7.99
Magic Orbz - $3.99
Microbot - $5.00
Spare Parts - $5.00

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 6/21:

PS3
3 on 3 NHL Arcade - $3.00
Madden NFL Arcade - $5.00

Add-ons
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters - Eagle Pack - $20.99

Mega Man Legends 2 Avatar Bundle - $1.99

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming Down on June 14

Deals
Ace Armstrong vs. Alien Scumbags - PSP/PS3 - $1.50
Cubixx - PSP/PS3 - $1.00
Dead Space Ignition - $2.50
Deathspank - $7.50
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue - $7.50
Mad Alpha Blocker - PSP/PS3 - $2.00
Red Johnson Chronicles Episode 1 - $9.74
Shank - $5.00
Under Siege - $10.00

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming Down on June 21

Deals
Braid - $2.50
The Fancy Pants Adventures - $5.00
Microbot - $5.00
Spare Parts - $5.00

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']No. What you're talking about is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

- 1. Go to QRIOCITY.COM and sign in.
- 2. Select "Media".
- 3. "Magic the Gathering: Duels..." expires 12/1/11 (for me)

Now if I look at my copy of Magic on my PS3 it doesn't list that it expires, but clearly on QRIOCITY.COM it lists that it does, which also happens to be true.

I just reverified this right now.[/QUOTE]
Ok. Do you happen to have a gaf account? This info needs to be posted there on the PS+ thread. All this info is unknown at all over there.

[quote name='darknight88']Ok. Do you happen to have a gaf account? This info needs to be posted there on the PS+ thread. All this info is unknown at all over there.[/QUOTE]

gaf? I don't know what that is. Do you mean GAP (Gamer Advisory Panel)?

Either way I don't have one, sorry.

[quote name='soccerstud652']If you have a psp and ps3, do you get 2 games, or 4?[/QUOTE]
I have just a PS3 and no PSP, and I was able to download 2 games for each system. BTW J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Battlefield Vietnam is a great deal, it was a release date buy for me. Thinking of getting Warhawk, downloading the demo now. Still nothing on Plus for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back