PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow this weeks sales suck

I would have thought sony would be more interested in bringing people back to the ps store by having a lot of ridiculous sales, last weeks were good as there were many games I wanted and ended up spending 15$, this weeks sales suck and I dont want anything.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Well hell, I wanted Braid for $2.50 not $3.75. though I'll probably still pick it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

We all want it for $2.50 but $3.75 is much better than $14.99. I've been waiting a while for this game to go on sale. If it was $5 it would still be a instant buy.

[quote name='Tsel']I'd rather have Braid at $2.50, but I still might bite. Spare Parts worth picking up for $5?[/QUOTE]

I played it on XBLA, its kinda meh. I wouldnt really recommend it for $5, maybe $2.50 or so.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Any opinions on Outland? I will probably download the demo later.[/QUOTE]

The demo just gives you a taste of what is in the game. I know its going to be better than what the demo is letting it to be. As soon as you get into it then its over and leaves you hanging.

I'm in for Outland!

wow, i was going to buy outland, when it was supposed to be released it was supposed to have a 2$ discount for plus members on day one, i need to login to see if that's going to apply or not, if not that's upsetting... booo

Free Streets of Rage 2 makes me :)

Even though I have it on the Wii and it can easily be played on the computer. It's still one of the all-time great games.

Most of these little games on psn remind of those online computer games u could play for free like pipe dreams or railroad tycoon. 30 minutes gameplay and you've had your fill never to play them again. I just dont understand why so many are high priced. I was considering Braid at $2.50 and now at $3.75 i just dont want it and i feel pissed off again like when psn was down. Everything thats a little bit good with psn seems to have a little bit of bad along with it. I'm sticking with the big games from now on. Ive had my taste of ps+ and it seems very bland and overpriced to me. These games should all be $2-$3, you could buy more of them and not feel buyers remorse. Mb i'm wrong, this is all new to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jwspiker']wow, i was going to buy outland, when it was supposed to be released it was supposed to have a 2$ discount for plus members on day one, i need to login to see if that's going to apply or not, if not that's upsetting... booo[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft probably pulled it after the PSN outage happened, as it wasn't listed on the upcoming PS+ deals for this and next week.

[quote name='kanamit']Most of these little games on psn remind of those online computer games u could play for free like pipe dreams or railroad tycoon. 30 minutes gameplay and you've had your fill never to play them again. I just dont understand why so many are high priced. I was considering Braid at $2.50 and now at $3.75 i just dont want it and i feel pissed off again like when psn was down. Everything thats a little bit good with psn seems to have a little bit of bad along with it. I'm sticking with the big games from now on. Ive had my taste of ps+ and it seems very bland and overpriced to me. These games should all be $2-$3, you could buy more of them and not feel buyers remorse. Mb i'm wrong, this is all new to me.[/QUOTE]

Braid is freaking awesome. $3.75 is a steal dude!!!!

This is probably a dumb question but Braid will be on sale until next Monday correct? I'm going to buy Braid buy I want to make the most of my free PS+ month.

[quote name='Brother Daz']This is probably a dumb question but Braid will be on sale until next Monday correct? I'm going to buy Braid buy I want to make the most of my free PS+ month.[/QUOTE]
It's listed in the OP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Magic Orbz is really good if you're into Arkanoid-style games.[/QUOTE]
wasnt it called magic balls? why they changed the name? or maybe im thinking of another game...

[quote name='VaultDweller']wasnt it called magic balls? why they changed the name? or maybe im thinking of another game...[/QUOTE]

They did. Just like with Tank Battle. I have no clue why, except both titles still suck.

[quote name='VaultDweller']wasnt it called magic balls? why they changed the name? or maybe im thinking of another game...[/QUOTE]
Magic Ball. It's probably due to legal issues with the name, though I haven't seen any specific reason mentioned anywhere.

argh. im in for streets of rage, fancy pants and spare parts($5plat).
is microbot any good, i saw some videos and eh..
outland will be mine, but was hoping for a discount, even if only $2.

im gonna wait and hopefully it will be on sale in next few months and then i will buy it,
it's not like they are gonna sell out of it and my backlog isnt going anywhere soon.

LOL at hoard, i guess they didnt sell enough with 9.99 temporary drop, so now it's 9.99 permanent price drop. sweet
still waiting to get Horde for free with psn+ sometime, along with slambolt scrappers and other shia i wont pay for :)

I cant believe that some ppl think that $3.75 is too much for Braid. Assuming, of course, that one doesnt already own Braid on another platform, you are missing out on a great experience. You'd spend more on a Mighty Kids' Meal at Mickey D's.

I really like these deals on PSN lately, in for Braid but R6V2 shows up at $19.99 for me. Downloaded the demo to Outland and really looking forward to trying it out and see if I get that aswell.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Magic Ball. It's probably due to legal issues with the name, though I haven't seen any specific reason mentioned anywhere.[/QUOTE]

There must have been a legal issue as they also changed the name of the PC version of the game. Oddly, instead of changing it to Magic Orbz, they changed it to Smash Frenzy. The game itself is a very nice version of Breakout, and I believe that the DLC packs are still free for PSN+ members, so for $3.99, you get 125 levels.

With regard to Braid, I think people are just upset that Sony yet again screwed up with an advertised deal. In the past few weeks, they dropped the discount on Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes with no notice, raised the price of Red Johnson's Chronicles from $6.50 to $9.74 when the game had only be on sale for two days, revoked the promised discount for Outland (and probably Beyond Good & Evil HD) and now they're not honoring their advertised price on Braid. Some of these might have been out of their hands due to the PSN downtime, but the situation is certainly frustrating, as is their refusal to comment on the matter.

when does the PSN Plus sale for Magic Orbz expire? I haven't activated my free 30 days and this sale with all the free DLC may do it for me.

Came home from work set to dl r6v2 and it's the one day the store updated early. Price back to $20
Fail

Man, pickup braid because it's awesome. I picked it up on sale on the 360 for $5 a while back and got that much enjoyment out of it my 1st 30 mins of gameplay. $3.75 is a steal for this game and support the developers for crying out loud!!!

[quote name='Zbornak']There must have been a legal issue as they also changed the name of the PC version of the game. Oddly, instead of changing it to Magic Orbz, they changed it to Smash Frenzy. The game itself is a very nice version of Breakout, and I believe that the DLC packs are still free for PSN+ members, so for $3.99, you get 125 levels.

With regard to Braid, I think people are just upset that Sony yet again screwed up with an advertised deal. In the past few weeks, they dropped the discount on Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes with no notice, raised the price of Red Johnson's Chronicles from $6.50 to $9.74 when the game had only be on sale for two days, revoked the promised discount for Outland (and probably Beyond Good & Evil HD) and now they're not honoring their advertised price on Braid. Some of these might have been out of their hands due to the PSN downtime, but the situation is certainly frustrating, as is their refusal to comment on the matter.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong on this, but as far as I know Red Johnson was only suppose to be a 25% discount ($9.74), but I also noticed that the first couple days PSN came back up it was 50%. Here's the link to the blog's first store update after the outage (look under discounted games), and Red Johnson is listed at $9.74, so it must have been a screw up when it was 50% off.
Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/playstation-store-is-available-and-updated-now/

Braid I also find a bit annoying, but that seems to be more Grace Chen's fault for thinking the game was $9.99 regular price, as opposed to the actual price of $14.99 (in relation to the 75% discount). If you look, the blog has since been updated, but considering the $2.50 price has been advertised for 2-weeks now Sony should have honored it.

My only real complaint through all this is that they released Street of Rage as our free title. I assume that Streets of Rage is suppose to be the free title PS-plus users got for May, while Magic the Gathering 2011 was our free title for June (or vice versa).

I find this annoying, because on the blog it was said that the Sega Genesis games would not be considered one of our monthly free games (hence why Sonic 1 and 2 were both released during a month with another free game). Remember, PS-plus users are suppose to get one full, free game per month, as well as bi-weekly updates; prior free game deals being Comet Crash (April), and Stacking (March).

All in all I can't complain too much, and actually grabbed both Spare Parts and Braid this week, and Under Siege last week. So for a $20 PSN card I got for my birthday, I got 2 games that have a platinum trophy, and Braid which I have wanted for awhile, plus still have a $1.25 left. :D

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I may be wrong on this, but as far as I know Red Johnson was only suppose to be a 25% discount ($9.74), but I also noticed that the first couple days PSN came back up it was 50%. Here's the link to the blog's first store update after the outage (look under discounted games), and Red Johnson is listed at $9.74, so it must have been a screw up when it was 50% off.
Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/playstation-store-is-available-and-updated-now/[/quote]
It was supposed to be $6.50 for PS+ members for the two weeks before it launched to everyone else, but the PSN downtime kind of killed that. since the game was officially released with the first update when PSN returned, I guess they decided to forgo the pre-launch deal for a slightly worse deal.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...six-vegas-2-red-johnsons-chronicles-and-more/

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Braid I also find a bit annoying, but that seems to be more Grace Chen's fault for thinking the game was $9.99 regular price, as opposed to the actual price of $14.99 (in relation to the 75% discount). If you look, the blog has since been updated, but considering the $2.50 price has been advertised for 2-weeks now Sony should have honored it.[/quote]
The typo was made last Wednesday when the PS+ post went up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...a-nhl-arcade-discount-streets-of-rage-2-free/

[quote name='Jokerkun890']My only real complaint through all this is that they released Street of Rage as our free title. I assume that Streets of Rage is suppose to be the free title PS-plus users got for May, while Magic the Gathering 2011 was our free title for June (or vice versa).

I find this annoying, because on the blog it was said that the Sega Genesis games would not be considered one of our monthly free games (hence why Sonic 1 and 2 were both released during a month with another free game). Remember, PS-plus users are suppose to get one full, free game per month, as well as bi-weekly updates; prior free game deals being Comet Crash (April), and Stacking (March).[/quote]
No, Magic the Gathering and Comet Crash were the PSN games for PS+ for June and May, respectively. The Sega Genesis games are a special bonus on top of that for the next few months. Stacking was also a bonus game that didn't count as the free PSN game for that month.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was supposed to be $6.50 for PS+ members for the two weeks before it launched to everyone else, but the PSN downtime kind of killed that. since the game was officially released with the first update when PSN returned, I guess they decided to forgo the pre-launch deal for a slightly worse deal.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...six-vegas-2-red-johnsons-chronicles-and-more/

The typo was made last Wednesday when the PS+ post went up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...a-nhl-arcade-discount-streets-of-rage-2-free/

No, Magic the Gathering and Comet Crash were the PSN games for PS+ for June and May, respectively. The Sega Genesis games are a special bonus on top of that for the next few months. Stacking was also a bonus game that didn't count as the free PSN game for that month.[/QUOTE]

I know about last Wednesday's typo, hence why I said the $2.50 price has been advertised for the past couple weeks, as it was also originally $2.50 in yesterday's store update. I also agree Sony should have honored it.

Comet Crash was released as a free game on March 29th for the month of April. It was not May's free game. It was still up when the store came back online because the PSN went down before April 29th. May's free game was never announced due to the outage. And, as we both stated, the Genesis collection is a bonus and does not count, so we're still missing a game for either May or June. I believe May's game was rumored to be Crash Commando, but that could just be hearsay.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/29/playstation-store-update-183/

Except that there wasn't really a May for PS+ since the store was down for the entire month, so they refunded people for the missed time plus an extra month. Crash Commando was supposed to be the May game, but they declined to make that the June game when the store returned and went with Magic the Gathering.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Except that there wasn't really a May for PS+ since the store was down for the entire month, so they refunded people for the missed time plus an extra month. Crash Commando was supposed to be the May game, but they declined to make that the June game when the store returned and went with Magic the Gathering.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the extra 30 days was the replacement for the free game I guess.

Either way, I have enjoyed the updates the past couple weeks and didn't care much for Crash Commando anyway.

I'm looking to activate my free 30 day PS+ as late as possible, like the last day of the Welcome Back program. If I do that will I miss out on the $3.75 sale price for Braid? I'm not sure if these sales last just for a week or for a month.

[quote name='jling84']I'm looking to activate my free 30 day PS+ as late as possible, like the last day of the Welcome Back program. If I do that will I miss out on the $3.75 sale price for Braid? I'm not sure if these sales last just for a week or for a month.[/QUOTE]

Always check the original post,

Braid - $3.75 - Expires 6/21

It expires next Tuesday, so if you wait until after that to activate plus, you will miss the deal. And I imagine all the money you could have saved could have gone toward a $18 3 month plus sub and then you wouldn't have had to worry about it. :)

[quote name='RiPPn']Always check the original post,

Braid - $3.75 - Expires 6/21

It expires next Tuesday, so if you wait until after that to activate plus, you will miss the deal. And I imagine all the money you could have saved could have gone toward a $18 3 month plus sub and then you wouldn't have had to worry about it. :)[/QUOTE]

Ah my bad. Duly noted, I should have looked there first. Thank you for the info though.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Can I just say: Hard Corps: Uprising is THE Best Contra game ever.

It is probably the best 2D side scrolling shooter in years[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for a price drop on it and Moon Diver. I don't think it will be anytime soon unfortunately. Hard Corps looks great for a 2D shooter.

They're not going to be dropping prices for PS+ members on big games when EVERYONE has PS+ - devs dont want to lose money by offering premium PSN games for half off. Theyll sell a lot in the short term but then everyone who wanted it will be depleted

I have plenty of PS+ right now about 670 days so I can wait. I'm just hoping for a sale in the future on it. Got to love the backlog of games.

FriskyTanuki

Do you know if i subscribe to psn plus will i be able to get sonic the hedgehog 1 download for free or is that deal long gone and it was a one time deal. i know i have the mega collection but i like the challenges the trophies bring to the game. psn plus is pretty cool i thought it was a waste of money but with all the discounts on avatars and free stuff you get it kinda pays off just hate that you dont get to keep the free stuff =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back