PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wrencrest']For those that missed out on freebies because you waited until the absolute last second, you know the old saying.

"Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only fucking yourself."[/QUOTE]

find amusement in it too when hear X story so i waited too last minute too find out that it too late???

if you really wanted it should did it day or 2 before the last day too be safe don't worry am sure their be another promo were you wait again an say it BS that on the last day did not work even Thu you had 30 days too do it

[quote name='Jodou']Pretty sure they removed fl0w from everyone's DL history after they gave that out free, so I could see them Indian-giving these as well. At any rate, you guys aren't missing anything from PSN+. I grabbed every free dynamic theme and ended up deleting them all because they sucked.[/QUOTE]
thanks, this makes me feel a bit better. just checked out playstations site and there are literally HUNDREDS of angry posts of people complaining how the welcome back program was taken down early. customer service lines are being flooded with calls. sony just cant do anything right! lol! atleast i was able to download a few free games before they took it down. i missed out on one PSP game (which i would probably have never used anyways) and i missed out on the PS+ free month which apparently sucks. so i dont feel so bad. still pissed off as all hell at sony though, its the principle of the thiing. stay true to your word and we wont have a problem. do crap like this and ul end up with the entire internet after you!

[quote name='jimmywolf13']find amusement in it too when hear X story so i waited too last minute too find out that it too late???

if you really wanted it should did it day or 2 before the last day too be safe don't worry am sure their be another promo were you wait again an say it BS that on the last day did not work even Thu you had 30 days too do it[/QUOTE]
we only got 29 days actually...:roll:

[quote name='Jodou']Pretty sure they removed fl0w from everyone's DL history after they gave that out free, so I could see them Indian-giving these as well. At any rate, you guys aren't missing anything from PSN+. I grabbed every free dynamic theme and ended up deleting them all because they sucked.[/QUOTE]

I thought they deleted that from everyone's DL history because it was a mistake or glitch and never meant to be given out for free? I could be wrong though. I felt the same way as you with the free dynamic themes, most of them sucked. The fish tank and infamous 2 themes are pretty nice (I'm actually using both of those, the fish tank theme is the best I have currently), but the rest were terrible IMO.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just remember people saying that any games or anything besides avatars and themes that you download during PSN+ are no longer valid once that subscription lapses. So that's why I figured the UC3 beta would be invalid once your PSN+ free month was done.[/QUOTE]

For the most part that's true, but the Uncharted 3 beta is the only thing I've downloaded from PS+ without an expiration date showing in sony qriocity. Wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't expire after your subscription runs out.

[quote name='slyn69']thanks, this makes me feel a bit better. just checked out playstations site and there are literally HUNDREDS of angry posts of people complaining how the welcome back program was taken down early. customer service lines are being flooded with calls. sony just cant do anything right! lol! atleast i was able to download a few free games before they took it down. i missed out on one PSP game (which i would probably have never used anyways) and i missed out on the PS+ free month which apparently sucks. so i dont feel so bad. still pissed off as all hell at sony though, its the principle of the thiing. stay true to your word and we wont have a problem. do crap like this and ul end up with the entire internet after you![/QUOTE]

People will complain about ANYTHING. It's not Sony's fault that they all decided to procrastinate until it was too late. They had plenty of time to redeem the welcome back games and PS+. It's common sense to redeem everything you can at least a day or two before the end date.

I am also in the camp that thought today would be the last day. I have PS+ on my main account anyway, and downloaded the 2 PS3 and 2 PSP games for that. Won't get to activate PS+ on my secondary account and a gamesharing account, but I was able to get the WB games for those account already onto the DL lists since I did that a week or so ago.

I think Ragdoll Kung Fu is still on my download list from when Sprint was giving that away, so every company doesn't delete the freebies from the download history thankfully.

I was kinda perturbed when I missed out on the Tomb Raider downloadable game freebie a while ago(was supposed to only be the demo downloading but it unlocked the full game).

But that's why ya gotta stay vigilant and keep browsing the store for freebies that shouldn't be freebies.;)

[quote name='sunghost']

People will complain about ANYTHING. It's not Sony's fault that they all decided to procrastinate until it was too late. They had plenty of time to redeem the welcome back games and PS+. It's common sense to redeem everything you can at least a day or two before the end date.[/QUOTE]

look, I completely agree that people were given 29 days to do something. if sony had said people will have 29 days to do something then thats fine. but they didnt do that. they said we had 30 days. program should still be up until midnight tonight, simple as that. i dont care how long people had, i dont care about procrastination or anything, i care about proper deadlines being honored. if a credit card company says you have 30 days to pay off your balance, you damn sure get thirty days and alot of people on a budget NEED those thirty days to scrounge up every last penny. same goes for people who travel alot, work, are in the military etc etc, things happen, maybe your ps3 is in the shop for repairs? i dont care. they said we had 30 days. we got 29. they owe us 1 day.

They gave everyone free games and PS+ because of an outage of a free service to begin with. Sony doesn't owe anyone anything, and anyone who missed out had a month to download everything. You tried to game the system by waiting till the last possible minute and get nothing for your laziness.

Next time don't wait. Problem solved.

[quote name='slyn69']look, I completely agree that people were given 29 days to do something. if sony had said people will have 29 days to do something then thats fine. but they didnt do that. they said we had 30 days. program should still be up until midnight tonight, simple as that. i dont care how long people had, i dont care about procrastination or anything, i care about proper deadlines being honored. if a credit card company says you have 30 days to pay off your balance, you damn sure get thirty days and alot of people on a budget NEED those thirty days to scrounge up every last penny. same goes for people who travel alot, work, are in the military etc etc, things happen, maybe your ps3 is in the shop for repairs? i dont care. they said we had 30 days. we got 29. they owe us 1 day.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe they owe you anything. All I saw about the end date is this:

Q: When will I have access to the Welcome Back Program?
A: The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available through July 3.

Q: How long do I have to get into the PlayStation Store and receive my content for Welcome Back?
A: Access to the Welcome Back content will be expiring on July 3. Once this date has passed, the Welcome Back section in the PlayStation Store will be removed.

[quote name='sunghost']I don't believe they owe you anything. All I saw about the end date is this:

Q: When will I have access to the Welcome Back Program?
A: The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available through July 3.

Q: How long do I have to get into the PlayStation Store and receive my content for Welcome Back?
A: Access to the Welcome Back content will be expiring on July 3. Once this date has passed, the Welcome Back section in the PlayStation Store will be removed.[/QUOTE]
july 3rd hasnt passed yet...either way it doesnt matter, i got what i wanted i just feel bad for those that didnt and i feel sony is in the wrong here.

[quote name='slyn69']july 3rd hasnt passed yet...either way it doesnt matter, i got what i wanted i just feel bad for those that didnt and i feel sony is in the wrong here.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they meant passed as in the arrival of that date. I can see how it could be a bit confusing, which is why I always make sure to get in on sales and deals before the arrival of the end date. The biggest hint is that they said it'd expire ON July 3rd.

I think we can all agree the wording was a little ambiguous, perhaps they should have been more accurate with the time frame. To be fair, it was mentioned that the program expires at midnight July 3rd (should be tonight). Of course they didn't mention what time zone that was. The last thing Sony needs right now is more Ill will from some of their customers but I doubt anything will come of this.

[quote name='slyn69']we only got 29 days actually...:roll:[/QUOTE]
It's actually 30 days from June 3 to July 2, so the bit that it was up today made it 31 days.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I think we can all agree the wording was a little ambiguous, perhaps they should have been more accurate with the time frame. To be fair, it was mentioned that the program expires at midnight July 3rd (should be tonight). Of course they didn't mention what time zone that was. The last thing Sony needs right now is more Ill will from some of their customers but I doubt anything will come of this.[/QUOTE]
correct, official word from sony camp was it was supposed to be midnight july 3rd. i cant wait to hear sony's official spin on this. this is more comical to me then anything. they finally throw their customers a bone and actually deliver a pretty decent "we're sorry for giving hackers your credit cards and passwords" bundle and then they still manage to make it blow up it their faces and make angry consumers even angrier.

[quote name='JJSP']Midnight 7/3 was approximately 16 hours ago.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded "Dead Nation" last night and I'm pretty sure it was after midnight EST.

Well damn, I missed out. Whatever tho didnt really want Infamous or LBP on my PS3. The downloadable games would have been cool but I wont miss them. I did redeem my PS+ tho.

joystiq already has an article up about it. the other major media outlets will follow suit. sony keeps shooting themselves in the foot. i guess they didnt have enough bad press already and they wanted to piss off what was left of their dwindling fanbase?

[quote name='slyn69']look, I completely agree that people were given 29 days to do something. if sony had said people will have 29 days to do something then thats fine. but they didnt do that. they said we had 30 days. program should still be up until midnight tonight, simple as that. i dont care how long people had, i dont care about procrastination or anything, i care about proper deadlines being honored. if a credit card company says you have 30 days to pay off your balance, you damn sure get thirty days and alot of people on a budget NEED those thirty days to scrounge up every last penny. same goes for people who travel alot, work, are in the military etc etc, things happen, maybe your ps3 is in the shop for repairs? i dont care. they said we had 30 days. we got 29. they owe us 1 day.[/QUOTE]

Gimme a break, this is just the usual whiny self-entitled video gamer malarkey.

Guess what, people still pay their credit card bills late, and they could have given people a year for this WB program and their STILL would be some whiny asses complaining for one reason or another they got screwed out of something.

People should just cut the bullshit and come out and admit what they are really pissed about. They tried to game the system for some unfounded advantage of waiting till the last possible minute to redeem their free 30day PSplus, they rolled the dice on a gamble and lost. It was a stupid gamble to begin with because their was no guarantee to begin with they would have updated PS+ for those precious few extra days people were holding out for anyway nor did anyone even know what the heck is coming out then.

They said the 3rd, its the 3rd and their a global company so its even been the 4th for awhile in some areas. They gave you a month to get free shit and your cunning plans backfired, who gives a shit, move on. Hell in my opinion you all shot yourselves in the foot by not redeeming it that first week and getting Under Siege for half off but whatever.

[quote name='ponn01']Hell in my opinion you all shot yourselves in the foot by not redeeming it that first week and getting Under Siege for half off but whatever.[/QUOTE]
FYI: I haven't bought jack shit from the store since I've had PS+. I'm considering both the warranty upgrade to 3 years(2 years over the factory one year) for another $45 and maybe Deathspank: Thongs Of Virtue for $7.50 while that discount still applies. But to me most of the stuff on the Playstation Store is overpriced for being some digital download file that I have no resell rights to.

Only good part is I sold my one buddy my 120gb slim, so now he can download those games on that system as long as he keeps my account on there.;) So at least then there's two people enjoying it for the price.

Quick question since the PS welcome back promotion ends in an hour or two. If you already have PS+ did you get your 60 free days free or do you have to activate them some how?

I went to redeem my "free" PS+ 1-month membership and free game today.
I see they ended it early.
On their blog it says the last day is July 3, today.
I will not ever again buy a PSN game.
I will not ever again buy a retail PS3 game.
They are the worst company I have ever had to put up with.
They have lost my business permanently.

[quote name='gordojones88']I went to redeem my "free" PS+ 1-month membership and free game today.
They have lost my business permanently.[/QUOTE]

Sucks for you...there are some great ps3 exclusives and PSN gamesharing is amazing.

Might not want to procrastinate next time either.

[quote name='gordojones88']I went to redeem my "free" PS+ 1-month membership and free game today.
They have lost my business permanently.[/QUOTE]

go ahead. sony will do fine without you seeing you don't really use the ps3 that much anyway.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Quick question since the PS welcome back promotion ends in an hour or two. If you already have PS+ did you get your 60 free days free or do you have to activate them some how?[/QUOTE]
You should've gotten your extension about a month or so, which should appear under your purchase history around 5/20.

[quote name='jubeininja69']go ahead. sony will do fine without you seeing you don't really use the ps3 that much anyway.[/QUOTE]

I use the PS3 all the time. I'm not selling it. I'm keeping my games. I'm simply doing the one thing a consumer can do when displeased and fed up with a company.

I did not procratinate. I did not like any of the June PS+ deals and wanted to use the July PS+ deals instead. They said we had through July 3.

I typically spend $100 a year on PSN games. Now it will be none.

[quote name='gordojones88']I use the PS3 all the time. I'm not selling it. I'm keeping my games. I'm simply doing the one thing a consumer can do when displeased and fed up with a company.

I did not procratinate. I did not like any of the June PS+ deals and wanted to use the July PS+ deals instead. They said we had through July 3.

I typically spend $100 a year on PSN games. Now it will be none.[/QUOTE]

You could've activated PS+ at the end of last month and got all the updates for this month (that's what I did). I don't think you would've benefited more by activating it on the last day. But hey, there's still other Sony products you haven't refused to buy, like TVs so not all is lost for Sony!

My PS3 died shortly after the PSN came back up (but before the Store did). I saw on their blog that today was the last day and made an impulse purchase to pick up a new one. I was more than disappointed to find it was done today. My last impressions now of Sony are:

- PSN outage (no Portal 2 coop for me)
- PS3 dying (my launch 60 GB model finally YLOD)
- Welcome Back program ending earlier than I was led to believe by Sony's wording

I know people will say that I have no right to complain, but I have sent an email to Sony, which I am sure will either be ignored or shot down. I have bought each PS system at its launch (still remembering trading in my Genesis to GS all those years ago to help pay for it) and I also have 2 PSPs in my household, on top of hundreds of physical games and 50 or so PSN titles. I am sure there are many here that can top my 'loyalty', but overall, I am quite confident that Sony has done well by me being one of their consumers. I hope that they can return the favor to me now.

This is exactly why I redeemed my free PS+ trial a couple of days ago. I didn't want to make a gamble by waiting on the very last day. The way that the expiration was worded was not specific enough. Sony should have used "Welcome Back Program expires 12:00 am on July 3rd, Tokyo Standard Time" or whatever.

I don't understand why Sony doesn't just make it easier on everyone and themselves by extending the deadline by another week or so. It would make this whole mess a lesser deal.

But you see, that's not really the case here. There were people like me who wanted to wait until the last minute to take full advantage of any upcoming deals. I was planning on redeeming it last night, but I got called into work. It was already midnight by the time I got home and I was dead tired.

Today comes around and I think I'm in the clear because of Sony's odd wording. If it wasn't going to be available on the 3rd, then it shouldn't have said it would be available THROUGH the 3rd.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, it is my mistake. I should have redeemed it before today, but it is also partly Sony's mistake. Laziness isn't a factor in my case. It's simply a mistake on both mine and Sony's end, one of which I feel can easily be taken care of. Who's it gonna hurt to extend the deadline by a few days, a week max? Absolutely no one. Who's it gonna benefit? Many more people than it's going to hurt.

@yanksfan
@tsel

YOU STUPID MOTHER F$$$$$S!!!!!!!! How fu$$in stupid can u be?? Youre gonna blame SONY, IN ANY FASHION??@?@?@?@??@?@?@?@ It boggles my mind how u can even being to fathom blaming sony..... they gave you a full MONTH to redeem you playstation plus. A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You decided to wait until the LAST DAY. WHY>?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? You can take full advantage of the plus deal by using plus on 6/28... but no, you HAD to wait until you were "dead tired" from work. GROW UP AND GET REAL U STUPID MOTHER FU%%%ERS. I wish I could see you in person, i would kill u

[quote name='Bong']@yanksfan
@tsel

YOU STUPID MOTHER F$$$$$S!!!!!!!! How fu$$in stupid can u be?? Youre gonna blame SONY, IN ANY FASHION??@?@?@?@??@?@?@?@ It boggles my mind how u can even being to fathom blaming sony..... they gave you a full MONTH to redeem you playstation plus. A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You decided to wait until the LAST DAY. WHY>?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? You can take full advantage of the plus deal by using plus on 6/28... but no, you HAD to wait until you were "dead tired" from work. GROW UP AND GET REAL U STUPID MOTHER FU%%%ERS. I wish I could see you in person, i would kill u[/QUOTE]

:roll:

The last thing I downloaded was the PSN + 30 day trial and that was two days ago.

I gotta say that I am more than pleased with everything I got from the welcome back program. 4 PSP games and 3 PS3 games is not bad (I already have Infamous and I could care less about Super Stardust HD).

Hopefully, I will spend some money on PSN stuff if there are any decent deals this month.

hmm did they actually extend it? I'll have to turn it on and check. I think they got flooded with requests

Honestly it really amazes me how many people are defending Sony on this.. the way they ended it is BS. They claimed it would run through the 3rd. The fucking definitition of through it up to and including the date. It should have ended on midnight of the 3rd (turning into the 4th) THeres no ifs and ord butts about it. Thats what pretty much every other company on the planet does with promotions, it ends at the end of the 'end date'

Especially when you consider this was suposed to be to get some kharma back for their huge f-up

*edit* btw i've never d.loaded a PSP game before.. how do i do that? Just on the PS3 then transfer it? I cant use the psp on wifi because it doesn't do WPA2

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck is up with the Mag DLC packs? I have Interdiction DL'd, yet it says i dont have it.

Tried redownloading it in the store since its supposed to be free, and its telling me i cant access it on my account.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm did they actually extend it? I'll have to turn it on and check. I think they got flooded with requests

Honestly it really amazes me how many people are defending Sony on this.. the way they ended it is BS. They claimed it would run through the 3rd. The fucking definitition of through it up to and including the date. It should have ended on midnight of the 3rd (turning into the 4th) THeres no ifs and ord butts about it. Thats what pretty much every other company on the planet does with promotions, it ends at the end of the 'end date'

Especially when you consider this was suposed to be to get some kharma back for their huge f-up

*edit* btw i've never d.loaded a PSP game before.. how do i do that? Just on the PS3 then transfer it? I cant use the psp on wifi because it doesn't do WPA2[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's back up.

I think the issue is the people calling out the whiners are those that were responsible enough to get their stuff done before the deadline because they knew that waiting until the very last moments was unwise. The people that have a second chance now better make the best use of it and not cry if they miss the new date.

[quote name='Kenshindono']*edit* btw i've never d.loaded a PSP game before.. how do i do that? Just on the PS3 then transfer it? I cant use the psp on wifi because it doesn't do WPA2[/QUOTE]

DL it to the PS3- then plug the PSP in via USB and establish the usb connection to the PS3 through the PSP menu. At that point, you can hit Triangle on any of your PSP/PSone/minis and select "copy" and you can pick the PSP from the list of locations to send it.

On the PSP specific titles, it'll ask if you want to delete it from your PS3 afterwards.

I can't believe how many fucking people bitched about this. YOU HAD A MONTH. Who waits till the last possible minute to download free shit?

[quote name='gordojones88']I use the PS3 all the time.

I typically spend $100 a year on PSN games. Now it will be none.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're definitely a huge PS3 gamer. Unless you've bought a ton of old games off the PSN, your trophies basically say you've spent $80 on PSN games. Sony will not miss you.

[quote name='nbballard']DL it to the PS3- then plug the PSP in via USB and establish the usb connection to the PS3 through the PSP menu. At that point, you can hit Triangle on any of your PSP/PSone/minis and select "copy" and you can pick the PSP from the list of locations to send it.

On the PSP specific titles, it'll ask if you want to delete it from your PS3 afterwards.[/QUOTE]

tnx d.loading right now. cant decide on the 2nd.. either pursuit force or little big planet. Maybe pursuit force. I'll do it this way. Though i gotta wonder how does it lock it to a user account? My father has a couple free games, can i get these 2 on my main account, then go log in at his place tomorow and get 2 more through his account?

[quote name='Buuhan1']I can't believe how many fucking people bitched about this. YOU HAD A MONTH. Who waits till the last possible minute to download free shit?[/QUOTE]

*facepalm* you cant understand how so many people would be pissed when they said it would run through the 3rd then they pulled it at the end of the 2nd? Go look up the definition of through. Its up to and including. Thats why every company on the plannet that has promotions running 'through' a date have it end that night

they had a promotion, when people redeemed it was up to them. For me it took so long because my PS3 wasn't working so it wasn't even plugged in. But i would have waited anyway since Sony couldn't get their crap together. The network kept getting hacked again and again and went up and down several times. i know that I wanted to make SURE it was up and stable before risking myself. Im sure others felt the same

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes, it's back up.

I think the issue is the people calling out the whiners are those that were responsible enough to get their stuff done before the deadline because they knew that waiting until the very last moments was unwise. The people that have a second chance now better make the best use of it and not cry if they miss the new date.[/QUOTE]
But you have to admit that with millions and millions of PS3's sold in North America alone, one month was NOT sufficient for EVERY PS3 owner to take advantage of this program.

Like I said earlier, I tried to get in on this program myself within the first week of the store being back up and no matter what hour you tried you got successive error screens for 20 minutes.

I don't know about you, but getting shut out of the prorgram for THAT long every time you try to get in on it is bound to make some folks want to wait a lot longer to take advantage of it. Some of those people likely forgot or thought maybe they had a little bit longer to get their free shit.

It happens.

But to say people are whining for not downloading their free shit sooner because of Sony's ambiguous wording on when the program would end that made people think they had a day longer than they did is just hilarious imo.

But hey, keep defending a soulless corporation that only cares about their profits and doesn't give two shits about any of its customers. It's just adorable....and laughable.

Cry harder. If they didn't care, they wouldn't have given everyone free games as a mea culpa because a bunch of douchebag hackers killed their servers. A month was PLENTY of time to download your two games and a PS+ subscription.

It's free. You get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back