PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JJSP']Cry harder. If they didn't care, they wouldn't have given everyone free games as a mea culpa because a bunch of douchebag hackers killed their servers. A month was PLENTY of time to download your two games and a PS+ subscription.

It's free. You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]
Who's crying? Not me. I got my free shit and then some.;) But for the MILLIONS of PS3's sold in just this country alone, a month was not nearly enough time for all of those users to take part in this program and that's likely why Sony kept it to only a month.

I just still find it funny that so many are jumping to 'defend' a faceless mega corporation, even if it means insulting the hell out of their fellow gamers in the process. Too funny. But please continue to do so, as this is really quite humorous to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But you have to admit that with millions and millions of PS3's sold in North America alone, one month was NOT sufficient for EVERY PS3 owner to take advantage of this program.

Like I said earlier, I tried to get in on this program myself within the first week of the store being back up and no matter what hour you tried you got successive error screens for 20 minutes.

I don't know about you, but getting shut out of the prorgram for THAT long every time you try to get in on it is bound to make some folks want to wait a lot longer to take advantage of it. Some of those people likely forgot or thought maybe they had a little bit longer to get their free shit.

It happens.

But to say people are whining for not downloading their free shit sooner because of Sony's ambiguous wording on when the program would end that made people think they had a day longer than they did is just hilarious imo.

But hey, keep defending a soulless corporation that only cares about their profits and doesn't give two shits about any of its customers. It's just adorable....and laughable.[/QUOTE]
No amount of time would be enough for everybody to get in on it, ignoring the many that aren't eligible for it. They offered it for long enough so that the vast majority of the audience that wanted to take advantage of it did. They could open for a year and there would still be people that missed out on it for whatever reason, so the only way for you to be satisfied would for them to be offered for free forever.

Being the person that pays a lot of attention to the PS Store updates, I know that they don't update with any guaranteed specific time, so the thought that I would put my absolute trust in them to keep things up for all of July 3rd would be unfathomable.

I know how you came to the conclusion that I'm defending Sony (It's just adorable....and laughable.), but I'm actually defending the commons sense that says that when given a deadline that you should definitely try to get it done ASAP. I've procrastinated enough on sales to know that it's my fault for missing them, though I can understand special circumstances. Even then, there was a full month to make arrangements with friends or family if you were going to be unable to do it for a while.

Well I for one am happy they extended it. I had downloaded the games already, but never activated the PS+ service. Would have missed out on the Uncharted 3 Beta if they didn't extend the program.

And why are people defending Sony so much over this? Seems a little silly since people only gain from it, no one loses anything. Why get mad?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You should've gotten your extension about a month or so, which should appear under your purchase history around 5/20.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, I doth tip my cap to your giant shiny Tanuki balls.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just still find it funny that so many are jumping to 'defend' a faceless mega corporation, even if it means insulting the hell out of their fellow gamers in the process. Too funny. But please continue to do so, as this is really quite humorous to me.[/QUOTE]

This black and white, us-against-them thing makes little sense to me. I know there are people who see things the way you do, but to me it seems like false populism. This "faceless, soulless" corporation is responsible for creating lots of games, movies, etc. that bring lots of enjoyment to millions of people. Meanwhile, some of "our fellow gamers" are pure wankers that will clear out every shelf in a tri-state area to make a piddling profit. It's just not that black and white.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who's crying? Not me. I got my free shit and then some.;) But for the MILLIONS of PS3's sold in just this country alone, a month was not nearly enough time for all of those users to take part in this program and that's likely why Sony kept it to only a month.

I just still find it funny that so many are jumping to 'defend' a faceless mega corporation, even if it means insulting the hell out of their fellow gamers in the process. Too funny. But please continue to do so, as this is really quite humorous to me.[/QUOTE]
No one is defending a faceless mega corporation they're just saying you shouldn't wait until the 11th hour to get your free stuff. If a month wasn't long enough for some PS3 owners to take part in the program then they most likely were not affected by the PSN being down for 24 days anyway.

I'm usually anti-procrastination, but I don't really agree with the majority on this one. It is almost as if the majority are creating an obligation for people to get something right away just because it's free. The company (who was attempting to save face here) volunteered that the program would be available through a certain date. That eliminates any obligation for the consumer to act immediately in my mind.

Again I realize that I'm in the minority, but I feel as though people are losing sight of the fact that this program was the result of a public relations cluster-f. As such, the company trying to restore its public perception shouldn't do anything that might be ambiguous when trying to accomplish that goal. It's not about whether you waited or you didn't wait, people should be talking about whether Sony made a dumb decision. We're talking about a couple of hours here. It would have been wiser for Sony to just wait out the day.

[quote name='Kenshindono']tnx d.loading right now. cant decide on the 2nd.. either pursuit force or little big planet. Maybe pursuit force. I'll do it this way. Though i gotta wonder how does it lock it to a user account? My father has a couple free games, can i get these 2 on my main account, then go log in at his place tomorow and get 2 more through his account?
[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. The PSP can only have one PSN account active at a time- so the content you DLed from the other account would be on the system, but wouldn't work unless you signed in as the other user. From what i remember it's a pain to do it.

Interesting, maybe a lot of PSN accounts/people didn't get their Welcome Back stuff yet and Sony extended the program so the servers wouldn't be overloaded.

[quote name='sunghost']I thought they deleted that from everyone's DL history because it was a mistake or glitch and never meant to be given out for free? I could be wrong though. I felt the same way as you with the free dynamic themes, most of them sucked. The fish tank and infamous 2 themes are pretty nice (I'm actually using both of those, the fish tank theme is the best I have currently), but the rest were terrible IMO.[/QUOTE]
I can't seem to get a straight answer because I thought the same thing, but people swear up and down that it was advertised as free for a day.

[quote name='Jodou']I can't seem to get a straight answer because I thought the same thing, but people swear up and down that it was advertised as free for a day.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that flow was advertised as free for the day only. It's not in my download list, but it is on my PS3.

[quote name='CaptainPiracy']Day one Playstation Plus Welcome Back subscribers need to jump!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298586

You can get the 30 days for PS Plus free AGAIN if your expired before the Welcome back window closes.[/QUOTE]
Lol, nice for people who could actually do anything on the store day one. I was pissed I didn't redeem mine on day one for all of a second before I realized an extra free month would be just as worthless as the first.

[quote name='CaptainPiracy']Day one Playstation Plus Welcome Back subscribers need to jump!

You can get the 30 days for PS Plus free AGAIN if your expired before the Welcome back window closes.[/QUOTE]

Just extended my PS+ trial, thanks. Hopefully they offer something that interests me this time around.

[quote name='lukewin']I am pretty sure that flow was advertised as free for the day only. It's not in my download list, but it is on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

Either way, it is not in our download lists (for those who got it "free"). No need to keep beating this around the bush. I lost mine when my last PS3 died.

Thanks for the heads up that I can grab my second game and PS+.

As for all the people bitching about us bitching that Sony pulling the plug early...
First, a month = 30/31 days, not 29 (can only happen on leap years in Feb i.e. every 4 years)
Next, the premise is Sony stated you had 30 days to pick up your items, which ended up only 29 days. Like others, I waited as I didn't want to use my PS+ on those weeks where I was not interested in stuff so I waited on the last day to activate it.

As what was stated before by a user on here...
If another company pulled this shit say your credit card, it would could cost you a bunch when the interest gets added.

Lastly, the "free" stuff was given to us for Sony giving away our personal information including users' credit cards that were attached to their accounts. No need to twist like it was for your inconvenience for being without PSN for a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised they actually took my suggestion and no, I'm not claiming that they actually took it from me personally.

I was mainly upset because I had just loaded about $40 in my PSN wallet to take advantage of upcoming PS+ deals and then me being forgetful and busy waits until the last minute to activate it only to be shot down.

I'm not taking the chance again. I'm in the process of doing it right now.

[quote name='pimpster4183']How often does Sony update the free game list on PS+? Is there a schedule anywhere?[/QUOTE]
Every two weeks. I keep track of the upcoming PS+ updates here. Announcements about those updates are posted here.
[quote name='nbballard']Yes and no. The PSP can only have one PSN account active at a time- so the content you DLed from the other account would be on the system, but wouldn't work unless you signed in as the other user. From what i remember it's a pain to do it.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty simple, just press triangle on the PSN account on the XMB and select "Delete Account". Then just login with the other account.

[quote name='lordopus99']
As for all the people bitching about us bitching that Sony pulling the plug early...
First, a month = 30/31 days, not 29 (can only happen on leap years in Feb i.e. every 4 years)
Next, the premise is Sony stated you had 30 days to pick up your items, which ended up only 29 days. Like others, I waited as I didn't want to use my PS+ on those weeks where I was not interested in stuff so I waited on the last day to activate it.[/QUOTE]
June 3 to July 2 is 30 days.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']June 3 to July 2 is 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and "...through July 3...once this date has passed..." also means after July 3rd 11:59:59

Thank you Sony for doing the right thing and extending the program without forcing everybody to call, email, provide SSN and Birth Certificates, ect...

For those who keep saying "you had 30 days, so your sol", consider that Sony also had 30 days to correct the official blog stating they misspoke and the program was supposed to run until the 3rd, not through the 3rd. This was their error and I applaud them for automatically fixing it by extending the program.

As another example, what if weekly stores sales - which all have dates in their fliers - ran Sunday until 12:01am on Saturday without warning? I bet a whole lot more of you would be singing a different tune.

Kind of late to be asking but how does the free PS+ work for current members? I heard we get the time we lost + 2 months. Is that just automatic? I never saw an activate your free 2 months option so I can only assume as such.

Also is there any way to stack another year on our account to get the bonus three months they are offering again? I'd love to get 8 free months and only pay for 2 years worth.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Yes, and "...through July 3...once this date has passed..." also means after July 3rd 11:59:59[/QUOTE]
I'm not arguing that. He says it was only available for 29 days when it's clearly 30 days.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Kind of late to be asking but how does the free PS+ work for current members? I heard we get the time we lost + 2 months. Is that just automatic? I never saw an activate your free 2 months option so I can only assume as such.

Also is there any way to stack another year on our account to get the bonus three months they are offering again? I'd love to get 8 free months and only pay for 2 years worth.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8628978&postcount=1686

Yes, they stack.

If you got there RIGHT NOW you can get another 30 free days if you got one before.

You'll have to sign out and then in again to re-up stuff if your 30 free days expired already.

Sony should have sent out free diapers instead of free games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Now I just need to determine if I want to download the Uncharted 3 beta before my PSN+ expires. A friend of mine told me the beta won't be locked once the PSN+ expires, but I'm not so sure about that, since it's marked as PSN+ exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about losing the Uncharted 3 beta. It's open to everyone starting tomorrow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
But hey, keep defending a soulless corporation that only cares about their profits and doesn't give two shits about any of its customers. It's just adorable....and laughable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I just still find it funny that so many are jumping to 'defend' a faceless mega corporation, even if it means insulting the hell out of their fellow gamers in the process. Too funny. But please continue to do so, as this is really quite humorous to me.[/QUOTE]

Much of your life seems to revolve around this "faceless soulless corporation." Now is that adorable or just sad?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8628978&postcount=1686

Yes, they stack.[/QUOTE]

Okay I found the transaction (5/19 you were basically right on) but it says "Playstation Plus: 1 Year Package"

Did I get a free year? Hard to tell there is so little info listed.

Either way I'm going to run out and buy another PS+ card shortly so I can pick up another 3 months. Is there a limit to the number of years you can stack? XBL for example is 3. Although if they do this every year I might as well just keep buying 1 card when the promo comes up again.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay I found the transaction (5/19 you were basically right on) but it says "Playstation Plus: 1 Year Package"

Did I get a free year? Hard to tell there is so little info listed.

Either way I'm going to run out and buy another PS+ card shortly so I can pick up another 3 months. Is there a limit to the number of years you can stack? XBL for example is 3. Although if they do this every year I might as well just keep buying 1 card when the promo comes up again.[/QUOTE]
That's just what it's attaching it to.

I don't know anything about a limit, as I don't think I've read about anybody trying to stack up that much time at once.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's just what it's attaching it to.

I don't know anything about a limit, as I don't think I've read about anybody trying to stack up that much time at once.[/QUOTE]

I like to take advantage of a good deal when I can find one. I've got more XBL years stacked up than the Xbox has left (I'm assuming it'll carry over to the new system) and I would do the same for PS+. I think I'll just buy my next year though. Maybe 2...

Yeah, im silly like that too. I got 12 months +3 free, then got another 12 +3, plus 2 months for psn outage. i started psn+ the week they announced it and im good til april 2013. lol

also red dead redemption 4x xp, got from level 1 -> 50 in one weekend. woot! not grindy at all :)
10 hours was awesome enough, plus i still have tons to do in mp. 40 would be too much tho!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I like to take advantage of a good deal when I can find one. I've got more XBL years stacked up than the Xbox has left (I'm assuming it'll carry over to the new system) and I would do the same for PS+. I think I'll just buy my next year though. Maybe 2...[/QUOTE]

I did the same as Velo on PS+, I also love a good deal. Just make sure when you purchase the 12+3 months you buy it directly from the PSN. I think the cards in the stores are only good for 3 months or 12 months. I purchased all my PS+ subscriptions through the PSN directly to avoid any hassles on why no bonus months. I love how they stacked this deal and now I have 650 something days left on my PS+.

Downloading my final WB games. I purchased them while the original WB offer was still live, but when I went to download them today, the PS Store only gave the option to buy them, as if I hadn't already.

For those in the same boat, all I had to do was go to:
Playstation Network
>Account management
>Transaction management
>Services list
>SCEA promotion
>Select the game

I would agree that PS+ is a service. Downloadable digital content, not so much.

I'm happy with my PS3 when I'm actually playing a game. The rest of the time, I'm pretty sure I could grab a random person off the sidewalk outside right now and they would design something with better usability.

[quote name='Bumslie']I did the same as Velo on PS+, I also love a good deal. Just make sure when you purchase the 12+3 months you buy it directly from the PSN. I think the cards in the stores are only good for 3 months or 12 months. I purchased all my PS+ subscriptions through the PSN directly to avoid any hassles on why no bonus months. I love how they stacked this deal and now I have 650 something days left on my PS+.[/QUOTE]

Wow. This is great to know. I was going to go out and buy a card instead. Glad I bought a bunch of credit a few weeks ago when the cards were on sale. Now I wish I had bought more! Going to buy another year right away.

[quote name='gantt']I'm happy with my PS3 when I'm actually playing a game. The rest of the time, I'm pretty sure I could grab a random person off the sidewalk outside right now and they would design something with better usability.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me started. Every time I boot the thing I get frustrated in one way or another. Am I the only one that has issues just signing in to the PSN when I turn on my system? Sometimes I have to reboot it a couple times just to get it to sign me in.

Then there's the store. Takes an eternity to load ANYTHING! Don't go back a page because it didn't save that information anywhere and has to pull it all over again. Want to purchase something? Great 3 clicks and 5 minutes later your ready to download. Did you want to play that game today? I hope you bought your game in the early morning or it ain't gonna happen. Glad I don't buy full retail size games on PSN or it would take that long or worse.

/end rant

No I don't hate Playstation. I still love my exclusive content and considering there are 8 TVs in the house mine is still the only one with a Blu Ray player thanks to the PS3.

Shatter rules.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Then there's the store. Takes an eternity to load ANYTHING! Don't go back a page because it didn't save that information anywhere and has to pull it all over again. Want to purchase something? Great 3 clicks and 5 minutes later your ready to download. Did you want to play that game today? I hope you bought your game in the early morning or it ain't gonna happen. Glad I don't buy full retail size games on PSN or it would take that long or worse.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

:applause: :lol: :bouncy:

Hahaha! I just upgraded my HDD the other day so I could actually hold all the games I've purchased, and I immediately went to the Store and added WipEout HD + Fury, Section 8, and Assassin's Creed 2 + Sequence 12 + Sequence 13 to my download queue. I then set it to turn off the system when the download was complete and went to sleep.

It took three days for my system to finally shut off.

what kind of backwoods ISP do you guys have? I've got a 500gig drive and I dled AC1 and AC2 a few weeks ago when they were on sale with no problems.

It probably took it all night, but it wasn't 3 days.

I have a 15 megabit connection and the PSN is fucking slow as shit. It takes forever to download games. When I download on xbla, my phone or even when I downloaded large files on my ipad (dead space for instance), it's fast. The PSN is the bottleneck. The seriously need upgrades.

Nbballard, all night for two games is slow as shit. Try doing that on xbla.

[quote name='nbballard']what kind of backwoods ISP do you guys have? I've got a 500gig drive and I dled AC1 and AC2 a few weeks ago when they were on sale with no problems.

It probably took it all night, but it wasn't 3 days.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with some peoples connections. PSN is just notoriously slow. I own a few games on both Steam and PSN and I can download the steam version in half or less the time.

[quote name='MSI Magus']It has nothing to do with some peoples connections. PSN is just notoriously slow. I own a few games on both Steam and PSN and I can download the steam version in half or less the time.[/QUOTE]

Yup, shockingly I got the Uncharted 3 beta downloaded in under an hour... I was really impressed and not expecting that at all.

/facepalm, not this again.

Anyways, I was dying to play co-op Trenched yesterday when I got back from camping and the thing took fucking 50 minutes to download.

Slower than anything I've ever gotten from PSN, but even PSN has been up and down lately for me. Shitfest all around.

[quote name='nbballard']what kind of backwoods ISP do you guys have? I've got a 500gig drive and I dled AC1 and AC2 a few weeks ago when they were on sale with no problems.

It probably took it all night, but it wasn't 3 days.[/QUOTE]
I'm on the 768kbps DSL from Verizon, since I'm unwilling to pay $30 a month for internet.

So that's why my shit takes forever to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back