PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Surf Island is supposed to be pretty great assuming you enjoy the Burnout experience. I mean, it won't make the game into something you like if you don't like Burnout Paradise but more of the same is welcome (to me anyway) in that case. I don't really know about the other stuff as I tended to just play single player and I don't typically buy new car DLC in any games I own.

Going to download Burnout tonight (bought it but have not downloaded it). So to be 100% safe I should NOT play online and I should use a standard avatar right?

Someone from Sony responded on the Playstation Blog about there being good discounts next week. This was after being asked about a sale on Scott Pilgrim.

Hopefully some good sales.

[quote name='Lhallfin']Including something like a timesaver makes me actually not want to buy. I suppose you could just not download that piece but still.[/QUOTE]
You're not forced to download or use it. Just download the game and the boost specials pack and enjoy.

Even though I got Burnout for free with my alt EU PS+ account (which is ending in a few days anyways), I ended up buying it and Big Island Surf for my main US account. Too bad I was a bit short and bought a $20 PSN card from Gamestop.com...they have tax on them now even though the order confirmation page and email confirmation both says $0.00 for tax.

[quote name='CONMAN999']Someone from Sony responded on the Playstation Blog about there being good discounts next week. This was after being asked about a sale on Scott Pilgrim.

Hopefully some good sales.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't read into that at all; no Sony rep will ever say anything negative about a Sony service.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Going to download Burnout tonight (bought it but have not downloaded it). So to be 100% safe I should NOT play online and I should use a standard avatar right?[/QUOTE]
That would be safe ... but you would be missing out on a big part of the experience. Burnout online is a lot of fun. Just make a backup of your save data before you go online.

^Interesting how that works. Do you basically videotape yourself playing Burnout?

On another note, Google/Gamefaqs says that Burnout Paradise Greatest Hits version has company branded cars like Circuit City and other name brands.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm probably gonna bite on Burnout. Can't you use the move camera for in game video and if so, do people actually use that?[/QUOTE]
No in game video- but you can take "license photos", and in multiplayer, you can receive some sort of "Crash shot". If you have a camera and someone t-bones you, it'll take a picture of you and send it to that guy.

Didn't know about that functionality, and one time when i was doing laundry some guy got to see my junk. :roll:

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm probably gonna bite on Burnout. Can't you use the move camera for in game video and if so, do people actually use that?[/QUOTE]
Not for video, but you can use it to take your picture for your license and for MP, where it'll take your picture when somebody pulls a takedown on you and vice versa.

[quote name='dmdragon']I feel that way about Fallout 3. I tried multiple times, but can never make it past that first town with the nuke in the middle without shutting it off.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I hated that you had to seriously level your character up just to be able to shoot enemies that were 3 feet from you. Meanwhile they're nailing you to the wall and you're dead before you can go into that annoying VATS system bs to peg them with ONE shot.

I had the whole town of Megaton(the one with the nuke) after me cuz I kept blasting the nuke with whatever firearms I had hoping to blow it up that way.:lol:

Yet when I played New Vegas I must've set up my stats/points decently cuz from the start I could snipe enemies from a distance with decent accuracy. Of course, up close I had to use VATS cuz my guy still couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.:whistle2:#:roll:

The upcoming deals for PS+:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 7/12:

Dino Crisis 2 Bundle - $0.99

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 7/19:

PS3
Baseball Stars 2 - $7.19
Borderlands Bundle - $14.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Cuboid - $3.99
Hamsterball - $3.99
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $3.99
The King of Fighters ’95 - $7.19
Magic Orbz - $3.99
Richochet HD - $3.99
Sky Fighters - $3.99
Smash Cars - $5.99
Wakeboarding HD - $3.99

Minis (Playable on PS3 and PSP unless otherwise noted)
Athena - $2.39
Hal 21 - $2.39
Ikari Warriors - $2.39
Marvin’s Maze - $2.39
Ozma Wars - $2.39
Sasuke vs. Commander - $2.39
Vanguard - $2.39

Themes
Amazing Earth Volcano - $0.90 - Dynamic
Apache Gunship - $0.90 - Dynamic
Destination Japanese Temple - $0.90 - Dynamic
Divine Light - $0.90 - Dynamic

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming Down on July 12th:

Deals
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - $7.99

All of the Creat Studios/TikGames games will be on sale ($4.99 for the $3.99 games and $7.50 for the $5.99 game) for normal PSN people on the 19th, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']On another note, Google/Gamefaqs says that Burnout Paradise Greatest Hits version has company branded cars like Circuit City and other name brands.[/QUOTE]

They did the branded cars as free DLC for the previous game, Burnout: Revenge. I hadn't heard about them doing that for Paradise though.

[quote name='Thrinn']They did the branded cars as free DLC for the previous game, Burnout: Revenge. I hadn't heard about them doing that for Paradise though.[/QUOTE]
They're codes that you enter into the cheats part of the menu.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're codes that you enter into the cheats part of the menu.[/QUOTE]

Just found them, thanks.

Stupid question I'm sure, but I don't want to have it hanging over my head. I'm a PS+ member from the Welcome Back program, and I just purchased Burn Zombie Burn on Amazon and redeemed the code. I didn't realize the game was free for PS+ members (which is fine by me since I don't plan on staying a member) but since I redeemed the code and downloaded it as a PS+ member, is it going to think I got it as part of the PS+ offer and make the game unplayable once my subscription runs out?

[quote name='nnickers']I wouldn't read into that at all; no Sony rep will ever say anything negative about a Sony service.[/QUOTE]

Well usually they wouldn't respond at all. At least I would recommend waiting a few days to pick up any full priced games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It shouldn't. If you've already downloaded it, press triangle and click on Information to see if there's an expiration date on it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like there's no time limit on it. Thanks, that's a pretty useful feature that I didn't know about.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']What region is it free? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

I think it was free way back on US PSN+.

Also I think the game should be downloaded from the history list. The version thats all the way on top since its indicating its the one recently redeemed. Hopefully when you DL it, you will get the updated activation which should removed an expiration/system thinking its from PSN+.

They seemed to add a bit more to the PS+ post after I grabbed my info on a new addition to the 7/19 sales offerings:

Don’t miss the July 19th update when the hot 2K Summer Sale starts. A Special Offer for PlayStation Plus users includes the Borderlands full bundle for $14.99 (sale price $19.99). This bundle includes the full game, and all 4 pieces of add-on DLC. Purchased individually these items would add up to more than $65!

So I bought the Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island DLC, and it was only like 100 kb to download. Is this something that is contained on the disk (or download file if you don't have a disc based version) but have to pay to get access to?

Just seemed strange that the DLC file was so small.

It's in the updates. They include all of the DLC content with the updates so that you don't need to download a compatibility patch for online play.

[quote name='waldo21212']So I bought the Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island DLC, and it was only like 100 kb to download. Is this something that is contained on the disk (or download file if you don't have a disc based version) but have to pay to get access to?

Just seemed strange that the DLC file was so small.[/QUOTE]
It's not contained on the disk - it's part of the large updates that you have to download to play. Everyone gets the update, but you have to pay to unlock it. Maybe they do it that way for online purposes? I'm sure someone else knows the full story.

Edit: Ha, I should refresh before I post.

Well crap, I own the GOTY Borderlands but if I can trade it in and get the digital version for $15, that's a hell of a deal.

Alas, Amazon seems to be OOS or discontinuing the EWJ codes. Too bad, that was a pretty good discount. That'll probably be my next purchase anyway, haven't played it in ages.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
All of the Creat Studios/TikGames games will be on sale ($4.99 for the $3.99 games and $7.50 for the $5.99 game) for normal PSN people on the 19th, as well.[/QUOTE]
How did you get that info and does that mean that explodemon (reg. price $9.99) will be on sale? if so, what?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not for video, but you can use it to take your picture for your license and for MP, where it'll take your picture when somebody pulls a takedown on you and vice versa.[/QUOTE]
Also of interest, this features works when you plug in the original PS2 eye toy if you don't have the PS3 move camera.

[quote name='JJSP']Well crap, I own the GOTY Borderlands but if I can trade it in and get the digital version for $15, that's a hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]
I did this when they originally released it and i've been really happy about it.

I played it a lot more because I was able to just launch it from my menu instead of digging the game off my shelf.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is the Akari Warriors mini the same game as the old NES/arcade ones from the 80's?[/QUOTE]

don't get my hopes up! first, it was 'Ikari' back in the day, so I would say this isn't the same. but I would probably give up my first born for a chance at getting some Ikari Warriors action, even though its probably so stale, and please, no remakes! that game is sacred. that was one of the first co-op, same-screen games I remember playing, probably the first period..(well maybe Contra if that came before..)

[quote name='JJSP']Well crap, I own the GOTY Borderlands but if I can trade it in and get the digital version for $15, that's a hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure the save files are compatible.

They weren't for Infamous.

[quote name='simmias']It's not contained on the disk - it's part of the large updates that you have to download to play. Everyone gets the update, but you have to pay to unlock it. Maybe they do it that way for online purposes? I'm sure someone else knows the full story.

Edit: Ha, I should refresh before I post.[/QUOTE]
So wait, I have to download the game and then download a large fucking update.

Oh fuck you Sony. Plus this is one of those no download in the background deals right?

How big are the updates?

Also please, buy Borderlands already. $15 for this game is a highway robbery.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So wait, I have to download the game and then download a large fucking update.

Oh fuck you Sony. Plus this is one of those no download in the background deals right?
[/QUOTE]
It was done this way so that the online community wouldn't be split. The update gives EVERYONE the island, and if you go online and play with someone who has the content, you can participate to some degree.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Also please, buy Borderlands already. $15 for this game is a highway robbery.[/QUOTE]
This. Borderlands is the fantastic. I literally liked it so much that I bought copies for all my friends (6 copies total).

[quote name='Curufinwe']Just make sure the save files are compatible.

They weren't for Infamous.[/QUOTE]

Umm I was able to load my disc-based save from Infamous 1 with no problems on my digital version.

[quote name='token2k6']don't get my hopes up! first, it was 'Ikari' back in the day, so I would say this isn't the same. but I would probably give up my first born for a chance at getting some Ikari Warriors action, even though its probably so stale, and please, no remakes! that game is sacred. that was one of the first co-op, same-screen games I remember playing, probably the first period..(well maybe Contra if that came before..)[/QUOTE]

I love Ikari Warriors on NES. I remember the long game sessions playing co-op using the A,B,B,A code to get more lives. I'm also not getting my hopes up on it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Umm I was able to load my disc-based save from Infamous 1 with no problems on my digital version.[/QUOTE]

same with me, no problems loading up my disk save

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So wait, I have to download the game and then download a large fucking update.

How big are the updates?

Also please, buy Borderlands already. $15 for this game is a highway robbery.[/QUOTE]
It'd be the same way on Xbox 360, though you'd have to find the update on the marketplace since they were forced to release them as DLC. If you still have your PS+ trial, you can let it download the update while you're not using the system.

It was about 1 GB the last time I recall seeing the update size, but it only adds about 700 MB to the game's file.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is the Akari Warriors mini the same game as the old NES/arcade ones from the 80's?[/QUOTE]
They're the old SNK games that are being released as Minis.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It'd be the same way on Xbox 360, though you'd have to find the update on the marketplace since they were forced to release them as DLC. If you still have your PS+ trial, you can let it download the update while you're not using the system.

It was about 1 GB the last time I recall seeing the update size, but it only adds about 700 MB to the game's file.

They're the old SNK games that are being released as Minis.[/QUOTE]
I am on a slow connection so either way it will be a pain in the ass. I got PS+ until August of next year thanks to the 3 month bonus back in Feb and the 2 extra months for PSN. Although I might have to do that tonight since it's a gig.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/07/psn-summer-sale-2011-30-off-11-games/

We've got a big sale next week:
Starting Tuesday, July 12th, 11 hot PS3 games will be available for a cool 30% discount in the PlayStation Store. And if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ll be able to download the games at a 50% discount. We’ve got a sizzling lineup of software, including Scott Pilgrim, PixelJunk Shooter 2 and all five episodes of Back to the Future: The Game, all deeply discounted, as part of the PSN Summer Sale.

For one week only, escape the heat and humidity with big discounts on titles that will entertain you all summer long. Check out the full list of PS3 games that are part of this year’s PSN Summer Sale:

• Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series (Sale price $13.99; Plus price $9.79; Regular price $19.99)
  • Chime Super Deluxe (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Dead Space Extraction (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
  • Hard Corps: Uprising (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Risk: Factions (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Shank (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Scott Pilgrim (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
Don’t hesitate because this limited-time offer melts on July 19th, and the games will return to full price. Head on over to the PlayStation Store on Tuesday and take advantage of this season’s best deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back