PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guardian_owl']The best content (burnout bundle + big surf island) is $11. The good content (burnout bundle + big surf island + toy car + legendary) is $15.
All the content (including the meh and crappy) is $19. Even if by some miracle they did release it, there's no way it would be for less than $20. Just buy it, you're going to be kicking yourself if you miss out on it.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I should've done the math, but I do like physical copies of my games still. Regardless, I used up my $17 and change left in my wallet to buy the game and most of the DLC. Thank you for convincing me.

[quote name='plutoknight']While there are small variances in dialogue trees, yeah, BttF is a once-playthrough game. Though, I'll be honest, I've played through the opening episode a couple times. It's enjoyable still.

With BttF, just think of it as rewatching the Trilogy again.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't get me wrong, unlike Blue Toad I was actually enjoying this game. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it, but I just wanted to know going in how high it's replay value was since it looked like Blue Toads level to me. And I guess I was right.

Another game I just demoed and was overly surprised about was Scott Pilgrim. Guy, how am I going to get the money for all these games. I'm seriously considering buying eight of the games on sale. My only real problem I'm having is with Hard Corps not having a demo to try out. Also, I'll probably pick up Swarm if they honor the $5 price but I might wind up skipping it when the shoe drops on Tuesday.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Oh don't get me wrong, unlike Blue Toad I was actually enjoying this game. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it, but I just wanted to know going in how high it's replay value was since it looked like Blue Toads level to me. And I guess I was right.

Another game I just demoed and was overly surprised about was Scott Pilgrim. Guy, how am I going to get the money for all these games. I'm seriously considering buying eight of the games on sale. My only real problem I'm having is with Hard Corps not having a demo to try out. Also, I'll probably pick up Swarm if they honor the $5 price but I might wind up skipping it when the shoe drops on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
Back to the Future's like Telltale's other adventure games, where you're probably going to get the one playthrough out of it see most of what's there. There may be trophies for a mini-game or special sequence that you may miss that would be the biggest reason available to replay any given episode.

I wouldn't liken it to Blue Toad Murder Files since they're party games that somehow don't randomize the mini-games with each playthrough to make them extremely short at 30-45 minutes each. The Back to the Future episodes are three to four hours each, so you'll get your money's worth out of it.

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Is Burnout still on sale? Showing $19.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

It is in my store, try moving over to the right one time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the NFS HP DLC? I like lambos and porsches, but spending $8 when I could have everything for $11 seems a waste. However, the reviews didnt sound to favorable with most saying they just went back to the normal lambos and porsches.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Oh don't get me wrong, unlike Blue Toad I was actually enjoying this game. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it, but I just wanted to know going in how high it's replay value was since it looked like Blue Toads level to me. And I guess I was right.

Another game I just demoed and was overly surprised about was Scott Pilgrim. Guy, how am I going to get the money for all these games. I'm seriously considering buying eight of the games on sale. My only real problem I'm having is with Hard Corps not having a demo to try out. Also, I'll probably pick up Swarm if they honor the $5 price but I might wind up skipping it when the shoe drops on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I wish there was a demo for H.C. Uprising also but I have a good feeling it will be GREAT! Also Swarm will be great also for the sale price. PS+ got offered it for $11.99 on release week and I have no regrets picking it up. Now after looking at the games I'm going to get:

BttF
H.C. Uprising
P.J. Shooter 2

This sale is going why I love PS+.

I wish there was a demo for H.C. Uprising also but I have a good feeling it will be GREAT! Also Swarm will be great also for the sale price. PS+ got offered it for $11.99 on release week and I have no regrets picking it up. Now after looking at the games I'm going to get:

BttF
H.C. Uprising
P.J. Shooter 2

Most of these games for this SUMMER Sale never go on sale especially H.C. Uprising.

[quote name='Bumslie']Most of these games for this SUMMER Sale never go on sale especially H.C. Uprising.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I'm looking so hard at Hard Corps (pun not intended... ah who am I kidding, of course it was intended). I understand that many people love it and that this is it's first sale in a long time (or ever even, which is still a long time). Now I just looked at IGN's video review on YouTube and they said it's basically new Contra. Well I've never played Contra before actually (and don't you call me a blasphemer) but to me I noticed it looked similar to Metal Slug (which I love). Would anyone in the know agree/disagree?

Anyway, now let's play a game. I pretend I'm buying everything I'm looking at and list them out here. Then I proceed to scream (when I see the total).

Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series --- $9.79

Chime Super Deluxe --- price $4.89

Hard Corps: Uprising --- price $7.34

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX --- price $4.89

PixelJunk Shooter 2 --- price $4.89

Risk: Factions --- price $4.89

Scott Pilgrim --- price $4.89

Swarm --- price $7.34 (most likely... maybe $4.89)

Tales from Space: About a Blob --- price $7.34

Total: $56.26

Yeesh! Though I guess the glass half full way of looking at it is that I would be saving $56.26.

I've got $19 in my account so I'll either need to hack a few off of this list or go out and get a couple of shiny new $20 cards.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I've got $19 in my account so I'll either need to hack a few off of this list or go out and get a couple of shiny new $20 cards.[/QUOTE]

They sell a $50 card, so you can buy one of those and still have $12 left in your account!

[quote name='imacgod']I can't decide on Burnout still. I guess a disc release with all of the DLC is not likely since the game is from like 2008? Has EA ever done a compilation when re-releasing a game as a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits?[/QUOTE]

I see that you already bought it, but just in case anyone else is on the fence, I've been semi-interested in the game for a couple of years now but a lack of a demo never got me to actually give it a chance. But I went ahead and bought it when it went on sale and I've been having a blast. I'm not usually the biggest racer fan but this game is seriously a lot of fun. For the price, anyone who hasn't played it should give it a shot.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']
I've got $19 in my account so I'll either need to hack a few off of this list or go out and get a couple of shiny new $20 cards.[/QUOTE]
You could always send me a PM too. I've got a $50 card I've been trying to sell for about two weeks now - asking $44ish. ;)

This might be a dumb question.. do free games and DLC you get from PS+ get deleted from your download history after your PS+ subscription expires? Thanks.

I know that you will no longer have access to them, I'm just asking about the download history.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']That's exactly why I'm looking so hard at Hard Corps (pun not intended... ah who am I kidding, of course it was intended). I understand that many people love it and that this is it's first sale in a long time (or ever even, which is still a long time). Now I just looked at IGN's video review on YouTube and they said it's basically new Contra. Well I've never played Contra before actually (and don't you call me a blasphemer) but to me I noticed it looked similar to Metal Slug (which I love). Would anyone in the know agree/disagree?

Anyway, now let's play a game. I pretend I'm buying everything I'm looking at and list them out here. Then I proceed to scream (when I see the total).

Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series --- $9.79

Chime Super Deluxe --- price $4.89

Hard Corps: Uprising --- price $7.34

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX --- price $4.89

PixelJunk Shooter 2 --- price $4.89

Risk: Factions --- price $4.89

Scott Pilgrim --- price $4.89

Swarm --- price $7.34 (most likely... maybe $4.89)

Tales from Space: About a Blob --- price $7.34

Total: $56.26

Yeesh! Though I guess the glass half full way of looking at it is that I would be saving $56.26.

I've got $19 in my account so I'll either need to hack a few off of this list or go out and get a couple of shiny new $20 cards.[/QUOTE]

I would get the games you really want for the SALE since we won't know when another sale will be. Also I learned from PSN that if you sleep on a deal you might not see it for a long time. Minus how Shank has been on sale a couple times already. These are some GREAT titles to grab!

Contra is one of the defining moments of my NES days. When I first played that game I was blown away on what was in front of me. I told myself when it goes on sale anytime I would get it. I'm stoked on 7/12 this week.

bought burnout and am loving it but i have a question about the big surf isl. dlc. is the online still hella active? i want big surf island but only if the online community is still solid.

Are there any issues if I purchase/download Big Surf Island but haven't yet put my Burnout Paradise disc in the system? Or will the system only let me buy/download if the system has some record of the core game.

I bought the game on disc a while ago for my backlog and need to find it.

[quote name='gantt']Are there any issues if I purchase/download Big Surf Island but haven't yet put my Burnout Paradise disc in the system? Or will the system only let me buy/download if the system has some record of the core game.

I bought the game on disc a while ago for my backlog and need to find it.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing with no problems. When you first put in the disc there is a big ass update that apparently actually contains the DLC, what you bought/downloaded from the store was actually just to unlock the DLC in the update.

[quote name='waldo21212']I did the same thing with no problems. When you first put in the disc there is a big ass update that apparently actually contains the DLC, what you bought/downloaded from the store was actually just to unlock the DLC in the update.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses, FriskyTanuki and waldo21212. Yeah, I went ahead and bought Big Surf Island; the download was quoted as 100K and downloaded pretty much instantaneously, so it makes sense that it's just an unlock.

$3 seems like a decent deal for what is claimed to be an additional 5 hours of gameplay.

That's exactly why I'm looking so hard at Hard Corps (pun not intended... ah who am I kidding, of course it was intended). I understand that many people love it and that this is it's first sale in a long time (or ever even, which is still a long time). Now I just looked at IGN's video review on YouTube and they said it's basically new Contra. Well I've never played Contra before actually (and don't you call me a blasphemer) but to me I noticed it looked similar to Metal Slug (which I love). Would anyone in the know agree/disagree?

Metal Slug is a Contra clone, so yeah.

I was shocked to see surf island was just a 100k unlock. So developers are installing this content on the blu-ray and offering to sell the unlock key at a later date? I noticed some of the LA noire is already on the disc as well. In a way this kind of bugs me because we all know they should have already had this in the game. On the other hand I suppose it's better they have it on the disc because blu-ray has so much capacity and that's better than having to download it later.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I was shocked to see surf island was just a 100k unlock. So developers are installing this content on the blu-ray and offering to sell the unlock key at a later date? I noticed some of the LA noire is already on the disc as well. In a way this kind of bugs me because we all know they should have already had this in the game. On the other hand I suppose it's better they have it on the disc because blu-ray has so much capacity and that's better than having to download it later.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you're saying. It is shady to include DLC on the disc release and then charge later to unlock it. However, this wasn't the case for Burnout. This stuff all came out later and was given to everyone to download so that you can use your DLC cars online with people who didn't purchase the content.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I was shocked to see surf island was just a 100k unlock. So developers are installing this content on the blu-ray and offering to sell the unlock key at a later date? I noticed some of the LA noire is already on the disc as well. In a way this kind of bugs me because we all know they should have already had this in the game. On the other hand I suppose it's better they have it on the disc because blu-ray has so much capacity and that's better than having to download it later.[/QUOTE]
That bugs me to no end too. It's one thing if the DLC was produced AFTER the release of the game and requires a substantial and paid download to unlock it.

But putting it on the disc and then requiring someone to pay for content that's already on there is BULLSHIT.

I really wish someone would make a Gameshark-esque device this gen already to help unlock locked on-disc DLC and just cheat in general.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That bugs me to no end too. It's one thing if the DLC was produced AFTER the release of the game and requires a substantial and paid download to unlock it.

But putting it on the disc and then requiring someone to pay for content that's already on there is BULLSHIT.

I really wish someone would make a Gameshark-esque device this gen already to help unlock locked on-disc DLC and just cheat in general.;)[/QUOTE]

(that's why you gameshare the DLC and say fuck you to the publishers, yeah!)

[Semi-serious post]

There is no DLC on the disc for Burnout Paradise, especially since they didn't release DLC until a year after it launched. The unlock DLC pertains to the updates that added a lot of free and paid content so that everybody that plays online has everything for compatibility purposes. There's nothing shady about the way Burnout Paradise handles its DLC.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There is no DLC on the disc for Burnout Paradise, especially since they didn't release DLC until a year after it launched. The unlock DLC pertains to the updates that added a lot of free and paid content so that everybody that plays online has everything for compatibility purposes. There's nothing shady about the way Burnout Paradise handles its DLC.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly like Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Every person was required to download the Vietnam update, but you don't actually get the content until you purchase the unlock key.

Hey guys, I have a question that maybe one of you can answer. I found Burnout Paradise (Greatest Hits version) at a local Sony Style for 9.97. Does this version come with any DLC? I am looking to save Hard Drive space on my ps3 so instead of buying it from the PS Store for $8, would is be smarter to buy it for $10 and have the disc? Thanks in advance for any insight

[quote name='Bong']Hey guys, I have a question that maybe one of you can answer. I found Burnout Paradise (Greatest Hits version) at a local Sony Style for 9.97. Does this version come with any DLC? I am looking to save Hard Drive space on my ps3 so instead of buying it from the PS Store for $8, would is be smarter to buy it for $10 and have the disc? Thanks in advance for any insight[/QUOTE]
There is no DLC included with that

[quote name='chimpian']anyone know a way to buy these on sale online?
I am currently out of state and will not be returning until the 22nd.

any ideas?[/QUOTE]

PSN doesn't have that capability. :cry:

Quote: chimpian
anyone know a way to buy these on sale online?

any ideas?

Media go

[quote name='orale1226']Quote: chimpian
anyone know a way to buy these on sale online?

any ideas?

Media go[/QUOTE]
Media Go is for PSP games only. A few of the Summer Sale games will also be on sale on Amazon, according to one of Ro Hernandez's comments in the Summer Sale post.

[quote name='djsmf435']i just bought Burnout and when i hit dl i get a 403 error code...weak[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Everything else I bought (all the DLC and some other games) downloaded fine. I have no idea what the 403 means other than its a Forbidden thing.

I just want to drive.

[quote name='AoA']I have the same problem. Everything else I bought (all the DLC and some other games) downloaded fine. I have no idea what the 403 means other than its a Forbidden thing.

I just want to drive.[/QUOTE]

Yup all the DLC dl'd just fine for me too. And I need to drive and crash.

Does anyone have any experience with Sky Fighters?

It reminds me of some old NES (maybe an actual arcade game) that I remember playing back in the day so I'm rather intrigued by it...

Anyhow, at the moment I only have about 14 dollars in my PSN wallet (got to pick up a card) so I'm looking at Back to the Future and PixelJunk Shooter 2. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Anyone happen to know when these deals go live? I pretty much never buy anything from the Playstation Store, but I can't wait for BttF.[/QUOTE]
There's an FAQ in the OP for questions like this:
Q: It says that the game is on sale today, but I just checked and it's still full price. When is it on sale?
A: That's probably because you're checking the store well before the update happens. Updates typically happen between 7-10 PM EST on Tuesdays, so please check back then. Somebody will probably mention that it's live in this thread when it's available, just in case you're lazy.

[quote name='chimpian']anyone know a way to buy these on sale online?

any ideas?[/QUOTE]

There is one way I can think of but you'd have to have a friend you can trust with a PS3.

You give them your ID/pass and have them purchase the content for you on their system then you can redownload it when you get home on yours. Obviously not a good idea to hand it out to just anyone but if you have a friend back home that could hook you up that would be the way to go. I just did the same for a friend of mine that had to get rid of his PS3 for now but still wanted the Welcome Back program goodies.

This is essentially how gamesharing works as well if you ever wanted to get involved with that. Personally I would never use my account in such a manner but I believe most gamesharers make a dummy account that everyone has access to that they can download the content from instead of using their personal accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back