PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn']You'd need all the DLC except the Boost and the "unlock all cars" DLC. Some of the trophies will require some cooperation from others such as the "gather 8 players in the stadium" (or something to that effect). The Party mode and Cops and Robbers trophies might prove to be sort of a pain in the ass, mainly because you'll have to track down others that also have that DLC and still want to boost the trophies at this point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that's what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure. No sense in buying DLC that's already packaged in the bundle.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Section 8: prejudice is coming July 26th to PSN. First week PS+ buyers will also get the Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack for free. For the quick buyers, the first 1,000 PlayStation Plus users to download the title will receive in-game Hunter Armor, as well as a free download of the original Section 8

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/13/section-8-prejudice-diving-into-playstation-store-july-26/[/QUOTE]

for some reason i read your post thinking vigilante 8...

[quote name='tristanstewart']for some reason i read your post thinking vigilante 8...[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for that to go on sale on live, I spent so much time playing 1 & 2 on dreamcast a long with Star Wars Demolition.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Sorry the original question was which DLC do I need to buy in addition to the Bundle that's $7.99? It looks like it includes a couple of the DLCs already, bikes for example I know are already included so I don't need to buy that one. I believe the description says the Boost specials are also included so I'm guessing I would need the Toy, Legendary, Party, and Cops and Robbers to get everything. I wouldn't keep inquiring but the description seems just a little vague to me.[/QUOTE]
Oh sorry, miscommunication :p ya, time savers pack and boost specials come with the $8 bundle so you need.
toy cars
legendary cars
big surf island
cops and robbers
Party pack
as well as the cagney and bike packs which download automatically when you update your game.

Jeez I have tried to make it a rule to not buy anything on PSN because you never know what's going to go free with PS+ but I can't help but bite on some stuff this week:

Burnout Paradise and all the necessary DLC for completion
Pac-Man CE DX (again! already have it on 360 but I want to go another round. I would actually buy it on Steam if it was available and I never buy PC games anymore)
Scott Pilgrim's DLC
Back to the Future
Pixel Junk Shooter 2

The is the most I think I've ever spent on PSN at once. Now I really wish I had bought another $50-$100 in PSN cards when they were discounted a few weeks back. Oh well.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Pac-Man CE DX (again! already have it on 360 but I want to go another round. I would actually buy it on Steam if it was available and I never buy PC games anymore)[/QUOTE]

Just an fyi, the version on PS3 is way different than the Xbox Live version, I know they added the DX to the name but it plays like a completely different game, more like a sequel than a deluxe version.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize the DX version was also on XBL, disregard. :)

I just played pacman for a while, and wow it is a terrific game. I was just going to play for a few minutes before bed and I ended up playing for like and hour and a half. Really fun game. Anyone on the fence should get it.

The trophies are incredibly easy though. I got like 25% of them in one 5 minute score attack, and i am up to about 60% after and hour and a half. I just need like 2 more trophies (the gold and silver). There is no platinum, but that is understandable because it is a fairly small list of trophies.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I just played pacman for a while, and wow it is a terrific game. I was just going to play for a few minutes before bed and I ended up playing for like and hour and a half. Really fun game. Anyone on the fence should get it.

The trophies are incredibly easy though. I got like 25% of them in one 5 minute score attack, and i am up to about 60% after and hour and a half. I just need like 2 more trophies (the gold and silver). There is no platinum, but that is understandable because it is a fairly small list of trophies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this game is so good. It will probably take a little bit longer to get the others since you have to unlock a bunch of stuff.

[quote name='RiPPn']Just an fyi, the version on PS3 is way different than the Xbox Live version, I know they added the DX to the name but it plays like a completely different game, more like a sequel than a deluxe version.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize the DX version was also on XBL, disregard. :)[/QUOTE]

Played both now and yea the DX version is the same on both platforms save for a couple different trophies/achievements.

Sooo good. Sooo good.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Played both now and yea the DX version is the same on both platforms save for a couple different trophies/achievements.

Sooo good. Sooo good.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it was just me, but I didn't have as much fun with the PSN version as the XBL one. The leaderboards didn't update instantaneously for me on PSN, so I didn't get that "instant feedback" of S, A, B, etc. ranks on each course, and had to wait until later to see how I did. It definitely detracted from that playthrough.

But again, maybe it was just a fluke for me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Jeez I have tried to make it a rule to not buy anything on PSN because you never know what's going to go free with PS+ but I can't help but bite on some stuff this week:

Burnout Paradise and all the necessary DLC for completion
Pac-Man CE DX (again! already have it on 360 but I want to go another round. I would actually buy it on Steam if it was available and I never buy PC games anymore)
Scott Pilgrim's DLC
Back to the Future
Pixel Junk Shooter 2

The is the most I think I've ever spent on PSN at once. Now I really wish I had bought another $50-$100 in PSN cards when they were discounted a few weeks back. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
There is a seller on ebay selling $50 cards for $34. I received the code within 5 minutes of ordering

[quote name='killerthrust']i just bought a 20 dollar psn card but decided i dont want it, ill sell it for 16 paypal if anyone is interested. ill just pm you the code[/QUOTE]

sold to ijag233! thanks again. I decided to transfer my gamestop credit to paypal so if your interested:

20 Dollar PSN card for $18

50 Dollar PSN card for $44

pm if interested

[quote name='Brother Daz']There is a seller on ebay selling $50 cards for $34. I received the code within 5 minutes of ordering[/QUOTE]

Bought one of those last night, myself.

Perfect timing with the summer sales :applause:

[quote name='Brother Daz']There is a seller on ebay selling $50 cards for $34. I received the code within 5 minutes of ordering[/QUOTE]

What's his ID? I see some up for $40 now. I'll buy at least one or two if that's the same guy that perhaps just raised his prices.

Minis (Playable on PS3 and PSP unless otherwise noted)

Ikari Warriors - $2.39 - Begins 7/19

Is this the Ikari Warriors the old arcade game?

[quote name='Cerebral_One']How does Hard Corps compare to older Contra games?[/QUOTE]
Well I am not the first and foremost source of Contra but I think it feels pretty good. It's just as brutal as a classic contra, and it has the arcade mode with the rules of contra. Plus it has a rising mode that you can upgrade your character to make the game easier.

Hope someone can help answer this question about PSN Plus

I understand that when your sub lapses you lose the free games that you downloaded during your subscription. If you start a new sub sometime down the line, do you get those previously free games in your account again, or are they lost for good?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes, SNK's releasing a bunch of their arcade games as Minis.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I loved Ikari Warriors.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well I am not the first and foremost source of Contra but I think it feels pretty good. It's just as brutal as a classic contra, and it has the arcade mode with the rules of contra. Plus it has a rising mode that you can upgrade your character to make the game easier.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks.

I grabbed Shank, Pac Man, Pixeljunk shooter 2, and Hard Corps Uprising. Surprisingly, i'm finding PJS2 the weakest. Great games otherwise.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. Shank was a short game.:whistle2:# Luckily it was only $5 on sale this week.:roll:[/QUOTE]

How short? 5 hours or less? debating if i should pick it up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. Shank was a short game.:whistle2:# Luckily it was only $5 on sale this week.:roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah I heard it was like 3 hours, that's why I didn't get it. I played the demo and I enjoyed it, but after I beat it once I probably wouldn't play it again so I decided it wasn't even worth the $5.

My haul is:
Shank
Pacman Championship Edition DX
Chime Deluxe Edition
Pixeljunk Shooter 2
Scott Pilgrim Knives Chau DLC
Burnout Paradise Unlock All DLC, Party DLC, and Legendary Cars DLC

and im planning on buying limbo tommorow.. hopefully there is a ps plus discount :D
and i hope it isnt $14.99 but im sure its gonna be. but either way limbo will basically be free for me since i snagged a deal on ebay ;D

its ashame really, because i want to play it Its just that I heard it is incredibly short (like shank) but i really loved the demo for shank so i figured for $5 it was worth it :)

On an unrelated note, did any little big planet 2 fans notice that they FINALLY released the final fantasy skin pack!?

Anybody got an estimate on when the Summer Sale might end tomorrow? I haven't bought anything yet. I was hoping to buy today, but Best Buy f'd up my trade-in today, so I didn't pick up a card. I'm hoping the sale will last into the afternoon or evening (I recall the sale starting somewhere around then last week). If I can run by tomorrow morning (assuming I have better luck with the trade-in process) that would be nice.

Might have to break down and buy a code of Amazon tonight and use my money regardless. Rather not lose out on the sale.

[quote name='Magicman103']My haul is:
Shank
Pacman Championship Edition DX
Chime Deluxe Edition
Pixeljunk Shooter 2
Scott Pilgrim Knives Chau DLC
Burnout Paradise Unlock All DLC, Party DLC, and Legendary Cars DLC

and im planning on buying limbo tommorow.. hopefully there is a ps plus discount :D
and i hope it isnt $14.99 but im sure its gonna be. but either way limbo will basically be free for me since i snagged a deal on ebay ;D

its ashame really, because i want to play it Its just that I heard it is incredibly short (like shank) but i really loved the demo for shank so i figured for $5 it was worth it :)

On an unrelated note, did any little big planet 2 fans notice that they FINALLY released the final fantasy skin pack!?[/QUOTE]

I heard Limbo is getting a Plus discount. If so, it'll probably be around $11 or so

[quote name='imacgod']Anybody got an estimate on when the Summer Sale might end tomorrow? I haven't bought anything yet. I was hoping to buy today, but Best Buy f'd up my trade-in today, so I didn't pick up a card. I'm hoping the sale will last into the afternoon or evening (I recall the sale starting somewhere around then last week). If I can run by tomorrow morning (assuming I have better luck with the trade-in process) that would be nice.

Might have to break down and buy a code of Amazon tonight and use my money regardless. Rather not lose out on the sale.[/QUOTE]
I would play it safe and buy off amazon because you will be quite irate if you miss out on the prices, best make your purchase tonight.

On the fence about getting Borderlands for $15 tomorrow. Been watching some reviews on youtube of it and most complain about the major lag/framerate drops offline (even worse online). Anyone know, if it still suffers from it, especially the downloaded version?

Borderlands is not a twitch shooter, no technical issues really affect your performance. There is a bit of tearing but the lag and FPS weren't ever an issue for me (both issues are there though).

[quote name='Magicman103']So i snagged one of those nifty $50 psn cards on ebay for $35 thanks to you cag's. (Free $15 FTW)

[/QUOTE]

What was the ID of the eBay person who sold you the card? Trying to get in on one of these but most of them are actual auctions ending in days with bids already in the $40 range.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Does Risk have a sizable online community?[/QUOTE]

You'll find games on weekends and some on weeknights but don't expect to play it any time you want.

[quote name='ssr']What was the ID of the eBay person who sold you the card? Trying to get in on one of these but most of them are actual auctions ending in days with bids already in the $40 range.[/QUOTE]

yeah looks like your out of luck now. When i bought one a couple days ago there were at least 4-5 sellers selling $50 psn codes in a buy it now for $33-35. But it appears they are all gone and no seller has one for less than like $50.

so yeah i got it from
http://myworld.ebay.com/roch85

he said he would have more in next week but a. that doesnt help you if your trying to get in on this sale and b. he's probably gonna jack up the price.

lol in his feedback you see all these people who got $50 cards from him for $35 but there is one guy who he sold it too for 55.99. xD

[quote name='LordSMVS']You'll find games on weekends and some on weeknights but don't expect to play it any time you want.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad, that's my biggest problem with PS3. Not enough people own it.

[quote name='Magicman103']yeah looks like your out of luck now. When i bought one a couple days ago there were at least 4-5 sellers selling $50 psn codes in a buy it now for $33-35. But it appears they are all gone and no seller has one for less than like $50.

so yeah i got it from
http://myworld.ebay.com/roch85

he said he would have more in next week but a. that doesnt help you if your trying to get in on this sale and b. he's probably gonna jack up the price.

lol in his feedback you see all these people who got $50 cards from him for $35 but there is one guy who he sold it too for 55.99. xD[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll be watching his page like a hawk hoping I can snag one or two cards. Did he email you the code or are they being mailed? I saw some other cards being sold that did not specify that they were "new" and I had my concerns they were inactive or used cards. Absolutely not worth the risk to get a card I can't use. If you can confirm this guy is legitimate I'll be all over him like a drunk girl at a frat party.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']That's too bad, that's my biggest problem with PS3. Not enough people own it.[/QUOTE]

Huh? This is not a fanboi comment... just the facts. By your logic we should all be clamoring to play Wii online multi.

Xbox 360 hardware sold = 54.7M
PS3 hardware sold = 51.4M
Wii hardware sold = 87.8M

SOURCE

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming in reality...

How about it is too bad you waited this long to buy a downloadable game for uber cheap and then expect the community to be waiting for you to play games.

I played this game extensively online for the first 4 months it was out and loved it. But as with most games that are so cheap they fall in the category of an impulse buy the community usually dies off. Particularly when the online PUGs devolved into all the no-talent players sending PMs to each payer asking for secret alliances right when the game started. Kinda ruins the game...

If you have friends who love Risk and will play online with you... buy it. If you are not in that situation then the PUGs are generally going to be stacked against you and an exercise in frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back