PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit on the PLAY offer. I already wanted Third Strike and Bloodrayne, and The Heist has a cool concept even if I'm not so into FPSes. Hopefully I will enjoy the whole shebang.

I just picked up the burnout bundle. I found it on psn not here and I went to see if game by itself was cheaper. NEGATIVE! If you do not by the bundle its 19.99 for game and 4.99 each for both adds. Great deal IMO its a fun game to mess around with and worth $8 IMO

Decker: Static themes, but at the very least the Third Strike one is very nice
Stimes: Yes, the Megaman games are all Japanese versions. Luckily you don't need to be able to read Japanese to enjoy most of the game.

Got Bloodrayne. I am not interested in the rest of the play bundle and Renegade Ops is on Steam so if I were to get it, I would wait for the inevitable 50%-75% off Steam sale somewhere down the line. PSN Pricing Fail: Megaman 9 and 10 is $4.99 each but the bundle of both games is still $14.99, lol.

[quote name='nbballard']how does the pre-order work? Are you charged as soon as you place the order?[/QUOTE]

Yes you are, just as if you were purchasing the actual game from PSN. You get a download for the pre-order theme as part of the purchase, and the game and pre-order bonus on the date the game is released (some pre-order bonuses may take longer, though).

I am interested in the Play deal as well, but since it is supposed to run until the 19th, why bother preordering? I would rather see some reviews on the games first and all 4 are coming out prior to the Sept 19th deadline.. So it looks like all you get for pre order are static themes. So, yep, I will wait and not pre order.

You get themes and DLC plus cheaper prices if you're PS+. Pre-orders end the Thursday before each game is out, so you can't wait until 9/19 before getting in on the Payday: The Heist deal.

[quote name='mickleohb']Any thoughts on whether to get Mega Man 9 or 10? I might end up getting both, but if you had to pick one, which would you choose?[/QUOTE]

I own both. I prefer 10 because megaman 9 reuses music and sounds from Megaman 2 (enough to be noticable), and 10 just feels like an overall better game. 9 isn't bad but I like 10 better.

Thinking about Mega Man 9 and 10, but banking on Capcom to release a disc version with all the DLC. Might get all the $0.49 Red Dead Redemption stuff since it looks like those aren't available on the retail/ disc version of Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.

Let's say, hypothetically, I've never played a Mega Man game for any sustained amount of time.

Is one of these five on sale games a good place to start?

If you've never played a Mega Man game before, the demos for both 9 & 10 offer a good sample of what makes a Mega Man level to see if the difficulty is up your alley or not. 10 has an easy mode that's more beginner-friendly, which you can also try out in the demo.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Let's say, hypothetically, I've never played a Mega Man game for any sustained amount of time.

Is one of these five on sale games a good place to start?[/QUOTE]

Trying the demos of 9 and/or 10 would be a good call, but for $3 Megaman 2 is generally considered the best game of the original series and one of the best games of the entire franchise.

Just re-played the Mega Man 9 demo I downloaded over two years ago (I'm a pack rat). Anyway, I quickly remembered why I never bought the full game. It's just not as fun for me. I loved Mega Man 7, 8 and X-X4 since the difficulty was much more "fair/balanced" (or easier whatever you want to say) in those games.

How are the Mega Man 1-3 imports? Good ports of the original PS1 versions? Do they play well? Thinking of going crazy and buying 1-3 and 9/10+DLCs as I am a die-hard Mega Man fan but I've not bought an import title on PSN as of yet.

Does anyone recommend the DLC for the Mega Man 9 and 10 games? I grabbed the two games since I loved MM on NES (even though the difficulty makes me cry.)

Definitely open to grabbing the DLC if others think it's worth it, I think MM 10 has 3 extra stages so that sounds fair.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']is the midnight club: LA dlc bundle already in the "complete edition"?[/QUOTE]
Correct. if you've already got the GH version, do not buy this.

Question on Megaman 10. I might consider re buying it for PS3, that is if it is displayed in full HD resolution. My Wii version has two black bars that are annoying and if Megaman 10 fixes that, I might pick it up and the DLC Packs.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']How are the Mega Man 1-3 imports? Good ports of the original PS1 versions? Do they play well? Thinking of going crazy and buying 1-3 and 9/10+DLCs as I am a die-hard Mega Man fan but I've not bought an import title on PSN as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Great ports with remixed and original soundtracks. The only catch is that you have to navigate a few japanese menus but there's a translation over at gamefaqs. They play as well as the NES originals which is to say, nearly flawless. If you had to skip one I'd say avoid Megaman 1 because of the goddamn rock monster but overall, they're great games.

[quote name='Halo05']Great ports with remixed and original soundtracks. The only catch is that you have to navigate a few japanese menus but there's a translation over at gamefaqs. They play as well as the NES originals which is to say, nearly flawless. If you had to skip one I'd say avoid Megaman 1 because of the goddamn rock monster but overall, they're great games.[/QUOTE]

With the notable exception that you're basically paying $5 for HD ROMs.

[quote name='Halo05']Great ports with remixed and original soundtracks. The only catch is that you have to navigate a few japanese menus but there's a translation over at gamefaqs. They play as well as the NES originals which is to say, nearly flawless. If you had to skip one I'd say avoid Megaman 1 because of the goddamn rock monster but overall, they're great games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sounds like they are right up my alley. I already knew going in to the deal they would be in Japanese so that's no problem. Remixed soundtracks are enough to seal the deal knowing they play well. Man I love Mega Man, just wish Capcom wasn't trying to kill him...

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Does anyone recommend the DLC for the Mega Man 9 and 10 games? I grabbed the two games since I loved MM on NES (even though the difficulty makes me cry.)

Definitely open to grabbing the DLC if others think it's worth it, I think MM 10 has 3 extra stages so that sounds fair.[/QUOTE]

I recommend mm10's dlc. it includes bass (awesome), an endless mode, and those 3 special stages all for 2.99. Also, im pretty sure that normally each special stage on its own retails for 2.99 so its quite the deal.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question on Megaman 10. I might consider re buying it for PS3, that is if it is displayed in full HD resolution. My Wii version has two black bars that are annoying and if Megaman 10 fixes that, I might pick it up and the DLC Packs.[/QUOTE]

No this isnt fixed. its still in 4:3 and doesn't display widescreen but in mm10 instead of black bars it has wonderful artwork. ugh its kind of annoying.

God damn.

I have been on the fence about megaman 10 for a while now and i picked it up now that its on sale but man its so hard. If only every game was this hard these days :).

Are the demos of MM9 and MM10 representative of their respective difficulties?

I thought 9's demo was way too frustrating, but that 10 seemed to be a nice sweet spot.

I'm kind of worried 10 will blindside me with the difficulty of 9 once I get into more of the game, though.

And I'm talking about 10 on normal difficulty here, not easy.

Nice...I've been waiting for MM 9+10 to go on sale. I'll be picking up a $10 PSN code from amazon tomorrow :). Thanx OP. I'll pick them up before Capcom completely removes MM games off PSN.

I had to get Undead Nightmare, been waiting for a price drop. :D Should I bother getting the couple $0.50 DLCs? Are they really worth it? I also finally got Burnout Paradise. Tooooootally worth $8. Had so much fun in the little time I spent with it so far.

[quote name='Magicman103']God damn.

I have been on the fence about megaman 10 for a while now and i picked it up now that its on sale but man its so hard. If only every game was this hard these days :).[/QUOTE]

Just keep on playing. You will soon learn the levels and the ins and outs of them. Megaman works on memorization but it isn't nearly as hard as a game like contra. Also this sucks, I own MM 9 and 10 for Wii. I almost want to get the DLC pack because the DLC pack is basically $5 alone worth of stuff, and I can get the game + DLC for 8. Decisions.

[quote name='Magicman103']I recommend mm10's dlc. it includes bass (awesome), an endless mode, and those 3 special stages all for 2.99. Also, im pretty sure that normally each special stage on its own retails for 2.99 so its quite the deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it definitely looks like the better deal of the two. I'm a pretty big MM fan so I'll probably spring for both, good to hear some feedback though!

Noob question, but the Undead Nightmare Collection Pack comes with all the stuff on the original Undead Nightmare Collection Disc? 9.99s a hell of a price

Last edited by a moderator:
I might snap up Mega Man 10 when I get the preorders for the PLAY sale. Nice to see the Mega Man games go on sale, but it still doesn't make Capcom forgivable for not making Legends 3... :(

Rumors of a new Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition swirling again. Not sure whether to bite on the DLC sale. Ah, choices!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']How are the Mega Man 1-3 imports? Good ports of the original PS1 versions? Do they play well? Thinking of going crazy and buying 1-3 and 9/10+DLCs as I am a die-hard Mega Man fan but I've not bought an import title on PSN as of yet.[/QUOTE]

If you are a die-hard fan you can't go wrong. I already purchased Mega Man 1-3 last time they were offered for PS+ for the same price. The best part of having Mega Man 1-3 is you can put them on the PSP. I also picked up Mega Man 9 & 10 but going to pass on the DLC.

[quote name='RealDeals']Noob question, but the Undead Nightmare Collection Pack comes with all the stuff on the original Undead Nightmare Collection Disc? 9.99s a hell of a price[/QUOTE]

Yep. The collection is everything that's on the Undead Nightmare Collection Disc. The bundle is all of Undead Nightmare and the rest of the DLC packs.

[quote name='Jam Of Truth']Yep. The collection is everything that's on the Undead Nightmare Collection Disc. The bundle is all of Undead Nightmare and the rest of the DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that man. Willing to overlook the inevitable "Complete/GOTY" Red Dead to pick up the game and the DLC for around $40.

[quote name='Magicman103']God damn.

I have been on the fence about megaman 10 for a while now and i picked it up now that its on sale but man its so hard. If only every game was this hard these days :).[/QUOTE]

Megaman 10 is hard? Since when? It's one of the easier MM games out there. 9 is frustratingly hard. 10 is a walk in the park in comparison.

Oh, let me just say how awesome the Third Strike theme is. It changes every time you refresh the XMB. Shows you a different profile of characters each time.

Mega Man - PS3/PSP - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Mega Man 2 - PS3/PSP - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Mega Man 3 - PS3/PSP - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Mega Man 9 - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Mega Man 10 - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

Buying these later today, been on a huge mega man kick lately and having MM1-3 on my ps3 and my new psp would be great, what is the DLC all about?

Mega Man 9 - DLC Bundle - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Mega Man 10 - Mega DLC Bundle - $2.99 - Temporary Sale

worth getting the DLC? gonna pick buy a digital PSN card in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back