PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
good looking out OP

Let's say i grab D3 but i have never played Disgaea in my life..
is it a new game or does it pick up from D2?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bumping this up as a PSA that the Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition pre-order for PSN Play expires tonight at 11:59 PM PST. So if you want the bonuses or want the free Payday: The Heist for pre-ordering all four games, you better get on the store ASAP before the first pre-order is over.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read something on the store about the offer lasting until 9/20?

Either way, with that post from Giant Bomb, I'm definitely in! Thanks for the warning/headsup!

[quote name='falcinator']I thought I read something on the store about the offer lasting until 9/20?

Either way, with that post from Giant Bomb, I'm definitely in! Thanks for the warning/headsup![/QUOTE]
That's for the extra DLC for buying the games new and the PS+ discount. So you miss out on the chance to get Payday: The Heist for free by not pre-ordering since they're taken down the Thursday before each game's release.

[quote name='cRodz']Let's say i grab D3 but i have never played Disgaea in my life..
is it a new game or does it pick up from D2?[/QUOTE]

Each Disgaea game is its own story with its own characters. Eventually, a character or two from previous games might appear and you can generally unlock an area that draws from other games, but prior knowledge is not at all necessary. Even the first one did this, letting you access an alternate Netherworld that was itself a reference to La Pucelle which didn't come out in the US until the following year.

In short, feel free to pick it up without playing the others first.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's for the extra DLC for buying the games new and the PS+ discount. So you miss out on the chance to get Payday: The Heist for free by not pre-ordering since they're taken down the Thursday before each game's release.[/QUOTE]

I dont think that is right. Unless Sony is completely screwing up their verbiage again, which could be possible, the below clearly states you only need to purchase the games, not preorder them to get the free game.

"Remember, in order to qualify to receive PAYDAY: The Heist as a bonus gift, your purchases must be made by September 19, 2011."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/05/psnplay/

[quote name='DPsycho']Each Disgaea game is its own story with its own characters. Eventually, a character or two from previous games might appear and you can generally unlock an area that draws from other games, but prior knowledge is not at all necessary. Even the first one did this, letting you access an alternate Netherworld that was itself a reference to La Pucelle which didn't come out in the US until the following year.

In short, feel free to pick it up without playing the others first.[/QUOTE]

awesome

thanks a lot

A new JRPG would not hurt :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's for the extra DLC for buying the games new and the PS+ discount. So you miss out on the chance to get Payday: The Heist for free by not pre-ordering since they're taken down the Thursday before each game's release.[/QUOTE]

I just went and ordered all four, I think the pre-order DLC offer ends for Street Fighter, but the free game offer sticks till September 19th for buying all four, regardless of pre-order status or not.

Each subsequent game of the four ends one week after the last, so yeah...if you want the SF3 DLC for free, grab it quick!

Thanks again!

Weird. The fine print when trying to pre-order mentions that a pre-order's required to get PayDay, but then later says it just has to be before pre-orders go live for PayDay on 9/20. So I guess the only point to pre-ordering is for the theme or the convenience.

[quote name='falcinator']I just went and ordered all four, I think the pre-order DLC offer ends for Street Fighter, but the free game offer sticks till September 19th for buying all four, regardless of pre-order status or not.

Each subsequent game of the four ends one week after the last, so yeah...if you want the SF3 DLC for free, grab it quick!

Thanks again![/QUOTE]
No, it specifically states:

"Eligible Persons who purchase one or more of the four titles below from PlayStation Store at any time from the beginning of the Pre-Order Period until 9/19/2011 will receive the following Bonus Content at no additional charge."

It also specifically states that The Baconing and Renegade Ops' DLC won't be available until 9/30 and 10/31, respectively.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Weird. The fine print when trying to pre-order mentions that a pre-order's required to get PayDay, but then later says it just has to be before pre-orders go live for PayDay on 9/20. So I guess the only point to pre-ordering is for the theme or the convenience.[/QUOTE]

And the DLC.

edit : After seeing your post, maybe not. We'll see, I guess.

edit edit : On the official Blog it couldn't be clearer -- you get the free DLC during the promotion. Only the theme is tied to the preorders.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/05/psnplay/

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_link_357243942_13?ie=UTF8&node=468642&hidden-keywords=B005GAVAAS|B005GAV9UE|B005GAV9HC|B005GAV90Y|B005GAV8JG|B005GAV82S|B0045I7IZS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1V6XRJZ89PJSQVT0P5PS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1314963062&pf_rd_i=1289533011

If you missed the Red Dead Redemption DLC sale on PSN, Amazon now has them on sale.

Edit: Noticed a few more things on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Game-Online-Code/dp/B004MW4EPO/

Back to the Future: The Game is on sale for $9.98.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Damned/dp/B004BSF3I6/

GTA IV: The Lost and Damned is on sale for $4.99. The Ballad of Gay Tony doesn't seem to be on sale to match it.

is parasite eve 2 an hd port or is it just a plain psone version? also, will it have trophy support or is it like the ps3/psp compatible games like symphony of the night?

[quote name='PublikDefender']is parasite eve 2 an hd port or is it just a plain psone version? also, will it have trophy support or is it like the ps3/psp compatible games like symphony of the night?[/QUOTE]

All the Psone titles so far have been ps3/psp w/ no trophy support.

[quote name='PublikDefender']is parasite eve 2 an hd port or is it just a plain psone version? also, will it have trophy support or is it like the ps3/psp compatible games like symphony of the night?[/QUOTE]
They're never in HD.

Side note: I decided to dust up my old PS one titles and replayed Parasite Eve 2 - never did finish that game.

Man, the Analog Controls for the game are horrible!

It's like Resident Evil (aka holding up to move forward) but way too sensitive. It's almost impossible to walk in a straight line into a door. I ended up using a "Type C" configuration with the D-pad + circle button (run) as my way of movement.

Controls for shooting are weird; hold square to aim and R1 to shoot.

The graphics were so outdated too, but thank goodness for PS3 smoothing.

They're straight rips of the PS1 disc ISO, so they're not improved beyond being a digital file that can be played on PS3 or PSP.

The deals for this week:

Add-ons
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Dragon - $0.49
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Marjoly - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Mid-Boss - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Nekomata - $0.49
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Pram - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Priere - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Prinny Curtis - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Revya - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Rozalin - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Taro - $099
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Thursday - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Tink - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Yukimaru - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Zetta - $0.99

Themes
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Themes (9) - $0.49 each

PlayStation Plus

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition Bundle - $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, that's two weeks of shit "deals" in a row. Disappointing.

Aren't we supposed to get some sort of PS+ freebies every other week?

Oh. Didn't realize that was separated. Never heard of I Must Run. Is that a mini or a PSOne title?

BTW : Thank you Frisky for keeping this thread up-to-date, BTW.

I have a extra resistance 3 beta code for someone that doesnt have plus. first reply by a CAG with a join date of june 2011 or earlier. I'll try and keep a eye on this thread but I cant promise when I'll be able to pm it to you. Definitely sometime this evening

EDIt- officerrickyross222 got it, enjoy bro

[quote name='keit2208']I got my free section 8 message yesterday finally[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I got prejudice at 4:30pm CST so i knew I had to be one of the first one. I thought that it would immediately come though, and then thought wow I must not be one of the first ones.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']A weak update on PSN if your not a PS+. I'll pass this week. Next week is going to be much better.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen what's next weeks sale or is that speculation?

[quote name='MinatoKun']I wish NIS would have put the D3 $50 DLC bundle on sale for $30, it would have been an instant buy for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at this point I think it'll be a better deal for me if I wait for it to be released on the vita and buy it then since it'll come with all the DLC. I would've been tempted if the bundle had been $20-25.

[quote name='mebegod']I haven't seen what's next weeks sale or is that speculation?[/QUOTE]
Next week's full update:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 8/30:

Deals
Wakeboarding HD - $3.99

There's also the Assassin's Creed Revelations beta, but that's not until the Saturday after that update.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Next week's full update:

Deals
Wakeboarding HD - $3.99
[/QUOTE]

If you somehow missed this game the last seventeen times it's been on sale, you'll certainly want to jump at the discount this time!

[quote name='Decker']If you somehow missed this game the last seventeen times it's been on sale, you'll certainly want to jump at the discount this time![/QUOTE]
Is it any good?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Next week's full update:

Deals
Wakeboarding HD - $3.99

There's also the Assassin's Creed Revelations beta, but that's not until the Saturday after that update.[/QUOTE]

AC beta? Sounds fun.

[quote name='mebegod']I haven't seen what's next weeks sale or is that speculation?[/QUOTE]

Because mortal kombat arcade kollection is coming next Tuesday for only $10

I am not sure if I am going to keep PS+ or not when my subscription runs out. Its been so back and forth and it seems more and more their idea of benefits is demos and betas...... The only real free games have been minis which 99% of the time suck and or have better Ipad versions available....which are easy to get for free anyways.

[quote name='FFWRX']Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

I sensed sarcasm. I don't think a game with that generic of a title can actually be good.

[quote name='keit2208']I got my free section 8 message yesterday finally[/QUOTE]
Likewose. So much for sending them out by the 12th like they said they would.

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked before, but because Street Fighter came out yesterday do I miss out of the PSN PLay bonuses? I see that Frisky says it still comes with DLC but I thought it was supposed to come with a them as well? Honestly, I don't like fighting games and only play MK but I also want to know if I miss out on my free copy of The Heist since I thought it said you had to "pre-order" all four of the games and SF3 is already out.

So, basically what I'm asking is can I still get SF3 now and order the other three games and still get all the bonuses and get The Heist for free?

The only part of the PSN Play promotion that you miss out on by not pre-ordering is the theme. The DLC, PS+ discount, and the Payday: The Heist offer are all still valid as long as you buy them before the update on 9/20.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The only part of the PSN Play promotion that you miss out on by not pre-ordering is the theme. The DLC, PS+ discount, and the Payday: The Heist offer are all still valid as long as you buy them before the update on 9/20.[/QUOTE]
Ok, cool. Thanks.

The themes are just static anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back