PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn']It is standalone, and it is also a poor quality port.[/QUOTE]

So you're getting half a psone game for the price of the big multi disc rpgs? I really can't see how anyone can defend that.

Hopefully people vote with their dollars.

[quote name='WonkyToad']Yes, it is a big ole' steaming pile of "can't hardly find what I am looking for", but it is still 1 million % better than their website!!!

I honestly do not know how they sell anything that is older than 1 week old.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how anyone has a hard time finding anything on the store. All games, demos, and addons are listed in alphabetical order. I have never used the search function as I have never found it necessary since it so so easy to find anything you want without it.

Bought a shit load of stuff on the store since Namco and Amazon thought it would be hilarious to let people buy a copy of Dark Souls CE that didn't exist in stock. Enjoy it while it lasts, I don't think Sony will never do this big of an update again. Odin Sphere for 10 bucks is a no-brainer. Much improved load times compared to my disc version and minimal to no framerate issues on my end.

Crossing my fingers they continue to add more PS2 games for 10 bucks at the store. SquareEnix titles probably will not appear since Sony won't let them get away with their tradition of having a SquareEnix tax.

[quote name='theblizzman']Is it just me or is the PS Store a complete mess? There are a million sub-folders with the same products. It needs a total re-design.[/QUOTE]

Just you. There are a finicky bunch of people who loathe the way the XMB works or insist that Sony should follow Microsoft's lead and start advertising the hell out of their products on the XMB just so we can feel "closer like a community". Ugh.

I'm not saying it doesn't need work, it does, but it's far a cry from "complete mess".

Hopefully the rumors about the overhaul are true, just so we don't have to hear about the UI of the store every time Sony updates it. This is staring to remind me of the time people were losing their mind over the PSN XMB and the clock being super-imposed over.

[quote name='biledriver']So you're getting half a psone game for the price of the big multi disc rpgs? I really can't see how anyone can defend that.

Hopefully people vote with their dollars.[/QUOTE]

Another way of looking at it is you're getting a game that is commonly regarded as one of, if not the, top game in its genre. Plus it originally cost about $75 when it was released in '95 (over $100 if you consider inflation) as the SNES's life-cycle was winding down, making it a fairly rare game.

... all for the low, low cost of $10. It's for an inferior port of an amazing game. You could say it's both a rip-off and a steal at that price, you'd be right on both accounts depending on how you approached it.

Why do people feel the need to continuously whine about a game that they don't want to buy? Voting with your wallets doesn't mean whining about the game over and over on the Internet. Just don't buy it. We don't need to hear why you're so angry about it.

[quote name='dragonjud']So, that makes it okay. How about...NO.
Capcom pulled that crap with Resident Evil 1, but has run several sales for the regular price of $4.99. There's no reason to support that price model. Wait for a Sale or tell the publisher to shove it.[/QUOTE]

+1 :applause:

Also, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition pricing is a total rip off. I just got my copy in the mail today from Amazon for $19.99... $2.50 cheaper than Playstation Plus pricing, and I can resell my copy or loan it if I want to.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why do people feel the need to continuously whine about a game that they don't want to buy? Voting with your wallets doesn't mean whining about the game over and over on the Internet. Just don't buy it. We don't need to hear why you're so angry about it.[/QUOTE]

welcome to the internet ;)

[quote name='DPsycho']Out of curiosity, where are you suggesting he ever denied that they were $9.99? I saw him correctly citing that Sony themselves had not revealed a price point and that Destructoid was not an official source. The only thing he was denying was the claim that they would get a 20% discount, another point on which he was correct.

Thanks for confirming the rumored price, in any case.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't think I ever denied that they were or could be $10, as that was the most logical price for that line compared to PS1 Classics. I just wanted official confirmation to back that price up rather than blindly believing what a secondary source says. The confusion over the 20% discount is a good example of why I wanted the official confirmation rather than making an assumption.

[quote name='MrBubbles']This is staring to remind me of the time people were losing their mind over the PSN XMB and the clock being super-imposed over.[/QUOTE]

Hey! That clock being put there was a big deal! The font is way too big and the scrolling ads kill me! I demand that Sony give us the option to change it or I'm not buying any more Sony products EVER!

Actually, I really do hate that clock. I had forgotten how much I hated it until you reminded me. Stupid clock.

[quote name='espy605']Wish they had given + users a discount on the PS2 games. I would've bought almost all of them.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but I have plenty of games to play to tide me over until there is some sort of discount. I'll probably see how close to $60 I am for October, and pick up enough to put me over, then wait for a sale on any others.

The deals for this week:

PS3
Borderlands - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Digger HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

Minis
Breakquest - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
Car Jack Streets - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Normaltanks - $1.99 - Temporary Sale

PSP
DJ Max Portable 3 - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
King Of Pool - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
NBA 2K10 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Strikers 1945 Plus - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Infamous: Festival of Blood - $7.99 Pre-Order - Includes Dynamic Theme W/Pre-Order
The King of Fighters '96 - $7.19
Metal Slug 2 - $7.19
Sideway: New York - $7.99

PSP
The King of Fighters '96 - $5.59
Metal Slug 2 - $5.59

guess i will pass this week. that infamous 2 price good on release also? just theme with it? i thought it was gonna be 15. 7.19 is great. standalone also, right? no disk needed?
i have infamous 2 disk, but i hate swapping disks all the time.

[quote name='Velo214']guess i will pass this week. that infamous 2 price good on release also? just theme with it? i thought it was gonna be 15. 7.19 is great. standalone also, right? no disk needed?
i have infamous 2 disk, but i hate swapping disks all the time.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering.. I thought it was announced to be $15 on release, so it might be possible that the preorder price is $5 off. You don't need Infamous 2 to play it though, I know that much.

[quote name='Velo214']guess i will pass this week. that infamous 2 price good on release also? just theme with it? i thought it was gonna be 15. 7.19 is great. standalone also, right? no disk needed?
i have infamous 2 disk, but i hate swapping disks all the time.[/QUOTE]
It is standalone, but everything I have seen priced it at $9.99 and $7.99 for Plus members.

All of these titles have my attention:

DJ Max Portable 3 (Might not get this because of the price and how I did bad at DJ Max Fever)

Strikers 1945 Plus (Doesn't seem like we're ever going to get Gekioh: Shooting Kings)

Explodemon! (I enjoyed the demo, reminded me of the old 16-bit platformers)

[quote name='sunghost']That's what I'm wondering.. I thought it was announced to be $15 on release, so it might be possible that the preorder price is $5 off. You don't need Infamous 2 to play it though, I know that much.[/QUOTE]
There was no price mentioned in the announcement. It's $10 with PS+ getting it for $7.99, which should also be the discount price for the first week since that's how the Only on PSN deals are supposed to work.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There was no price mentioned in the announcement. It's $10 with PS+ getting it for $7.99, which should also be the discount price for the first week since that's how the Only on PSN deals are supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's strange. Multiple news sites mentioned that Sony stated the price would be $14.99, including gamespot.. but I suppose they were wrong? I don't see any official announcement from Sony about it, so you're right about that.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, it's strange. Multiple news sites mentioned that Sony stated the price would be $14.99, including gamespot.. but I suppose they were wrong? I don't see any official announcement from Sony about it, so you're right about that.[/QUOTE]
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/16/infamous-2-dlc-festival-of-blood-drowns-psn-in-october/

Here's the official announcement for reference and only the October release window is mentioned as far as release details.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The deals for this week:

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Infamous: Festival of Blood - $7.99 Pre-Order - Includes Dynamic Theme W/Pre-Order
The King of Fighters '96 - $7.19
Metal Slug 2 - $7.19
Sideway: New York - $7.99

PSP
The King of Fighters '96 - $5.59
Metal Slug 2 - $5.59[/QUOTE]
Can you preorder without being a PlayStation Plus member?

I'm guessing Infamous and Sideway are $9.99 for regular members.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Can you preorder without being a PlayStation Plus member?

I'm guessing Infamous and Sideway are $9.99 for regular members.[/QUOTE]
Yes. You can find the full update here.

yeah, that's a joke. wasn't it supposed to be 2 weeks ago. i did the psn play for the free payday, and now it's like a bait and switch... i guess as long as they are 'making it funner?'

so stupid. How in the heck is it a bait and switch. They said numerous times that the game would be delayed until later this month because they wanted to pan some stuff out and make it awesome at release instead of having to patch it after launch. How is this Sony's fault, it is the developers fault and your fault for not reading the numerous articles written about it. Your going to get your game, no need to freak out.

[quote name='gravel']It is standalone, but everything I have seen priced it at $9.99 and $7.99 for Plus members.[/QUOTE]

This is new information to me, the Infamous 2 thing isn't DLC, but it's own separate game?

[quote name='Jam Of Truth']This is new information to me, the Infamous 2 thing isn't DLC, but it's own separate game?[/QUOTE]
You musnt have paid close attention bc thats how it was laid out when it was announced months ago

[quote name='Havok83']You musnt have paid close attention bc thats how it was laid out when it was announced months ago[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know about the thing until The Drop repost in this topic a week ago. I don't sit on top of every little bit of text Sony shits out, or even every post in this topic.

[quote name='dgwillia006']After playing it, Sideway is amazing @_@. Such an unique blend of gameplay styles

Cant go wrong for 10$, or 8$ if your PSN+[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm having a lot of fun with it too, was better than I expected it to be.

The free game of Last month was PVZ, which is 14.99. This month is Costume Quest, and it is also 14.99. What's next month? Dead nation? Fat princess or Castle crusher?

[quote name='leiguan']The free game of Last month was PVZ, which is 14.99. This month is Costume Quest, and it is also 14.99. What's next month? Dead nation? Fat princess or Castle crusher?[/QUOTE]
Hopefully none of the above (i have them all already)

[quote name='officerrickyross222']i hope they drop more ps2 titles really hoping they add okami and the yakuza series[/QUOTE]

I want sakura wars series.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']i hope they drop more ps2 titles really hoping they add okami and the yakuza series[/QUOTE]

I would love to see Okami HD'ified with trophy support.

[quote name='dgwillia006']If Sony gives us Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Star Ocean 3, Radiata Stories, and some other good RPG's/JRPG's, ill love them forever.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge minority on this but I'd rather get Ribbit King and Graffiti Kingdom ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back