PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']After playing it, Sideway is amazing @_@. Such an unique blend of gameplay styles

Cant go wrong for 10$, or 8$ if your PSN+[/QUOTE]

I played the demo and loved it, the style is very nice and the music helps with the immersion.

[quote name='leiguan']The free game of Last month was PVZ, which is 14.99. This month is Costume Quest, and it is also 14.99. What's next month? Dead nation? Fat princess or Castle crusher?[/QUOTE]

The should give out MAG already, I played over 120 on that game but ended up quitting when it was hard to find enough people for the new game modes.

[quote name='actripxl']The should give out MAG already, I played over 120 on that game but ended up quitting when it was hard to find enough people for the new game modes.[/QUOTE]
It's free to play up to level eight with the demo and I don't think there's a limit after that if you're content to keep playing for free, though the description says that you still gain experience beyond that for the full version.

I had a terrible experience with MAG when it first became free to level 8. I pick my faction and get into a lobby. While we're waiting for the map to load/game to start, my team tries to vote me out because I was level 1. fuck that community.

[quote name='Halo05']I had a terrible experience with MAG when it first became free to level 8. I pick my faction and get into a lobby. While we're waiting for the map to load/game to start, my team tries to vote me out because I was level 1. fuck that community.[/QUOTE]
...and that is the reason I dont play online much. People just suck the fun out of a GAME. They arent getting paid to play online with a bunch of random people, so I dont see the point in being so serious about winning and losing.

[quote name='Halo05']I had a terrible experience with MAG when it first became free to level 8. I pick my faction and get into a lobby. While we're waiting for the map to load/game to start, my team tries to vote me out because I was level 1. fuck that community.[/QUOTE]

I too have had a funny experience each time I've played MAG, and it hasn't been too many times even though I bought the game when it was $19.99 at Gamestop (over a year ago). I like the game, but I just can't get into it like other Online FPS games. Something is missing, and maybe it has to do with how spread out the maps are. Of course they need to be with up to 64 players on a map, but most of the time it's 48 or less. Had this game come out on Xbox 360, it would have been much more successful.

It looks like most of the PSN codes on Amazon are no longer available with the PSN store being taken down, as well. The one place where I found a direct link to where it should've been now just goes to a blank page. The PSN and PS+ cards are also no longer available, so it seems like they're just running out what codes they have left.

I've updated the OP and removed the out of stock items and those that have risen in price.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like most of the PSN codes on Amazon are no longer available with the PSN store being taken down, as well. The one place where I found a direct link to where it should've been now just goes to a blank page. The PSN and PS+ cards are also no longer available, so it seems like they're just running out what codes they have left.

I've updated the OP and removed the out of stock items and those that have risen in price.[/QUOTE]

What a bummer! I really liked buying the $10 & $20 PSN codes from there! So convenient! Oh well!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like most of the PSN codes on Amazon are no longer available with the PSN store being taken down, as well. The one place where I found a direct link to where it should've been now just goes to a blank page. The PSN and PS+ cards are also no longer available, so it seems like they're just running out what codes they have left.

I've updated the OP and removed the out of stock items and those that have risen in price.[/QUOTE]

Psn store taken down, Amazon not selling cards?! Is there something going on I missed?

[quote name='shadowkast']Psn store taken down, Amazon not selling cards?! Is there something going on I missed?[/QUOTE]
Since they haven't announced anything, I only know as much as you guys do from seeing the lack of stock/storefronts on Amazon. It seems like GameStop will be the only way to get codes online at this point and they don't have nearly as many random sales as Amazon did.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'] It seems like GameStop will be the only way to get codes online at this point and they don't have nearly as many random sales as Amazon did.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about sales and stuff, but bestbuy.com also sells $20 and $50 codes, haven't ordered from there before, that's where I'll order next time, since for whatever reason gamestop charges me sales tax on the codes even though they aren't supposed to.

[quote name='jcheckel']Not sure about sales and stuff, but bestbuy.com also sells $20 and $50 codes, haven't ordered from there before, that's where I'll order next time, since for whatever reason gamestop charges me sales tax on the codes even though they aren't supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Several people had problems with ordering digital codes online from Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was fixed yet, but I wouldn't risk it until someone confirms it's been fixed. The orders would error out, charge you for the cards/codes and wouldn't give you the cards/codes or any order confirmation or order number. Took about 10 days for them to refund me, so I would be cautious.

[quote name='sunghost']Several people had problems with ordering digital codes online from Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was fixed yet, but I wouldn't risk it until someone confirms it's been fixed. The orders would error out, charge you for the cards/codes and wouldn't give you the cards/codes or any order confirmation or order number. Took about 10 days for them to refund me, so I would be cautious.[/QUOTE]
yeah happened to me too. tried to order a $20 code and the transaction wouldn't process, so I had a $20 charge pending on my debit card account for a week.

I got a voucher in my messages this morning for Payday. Anyone who completed the PSN promotion might want to check their messages if they want to go ahead and download a little early, before this afternoons update.

This spend $60 get $10 back is a fantastic promotion. It got me to buy Sideway, which I would have otherwise waited for a better sale on. The demo was pretty neat and I'd like to support creative developers.

Also bit on the inFAMOUS 2 DLC even though I couldn't get passed the beginning of inFAMOUS 2 due to terrible motion sickness. I loved the first one so I put it back in the backlog in the hopes of returning to it someday so I can enjoy the continuance of that fantastic story.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This spend $60 get $10 back is a fantastic promotion. It got me to buy Sideway, which I would have otherwise waited for a better sale on. The demo was pretty neat and I'd like to support creative developers.

Also bit on the inFAMOUS 2 DLC even though I couldn't get passed the beginning of inFAMOUS 2 due to terrible motion sickness. I loved the first one so I put it back in the backlog in the hopes of returning to it someday so I can enjoy the continuance of that fantastic story.[/QUOTE]
It's not DLC, but a separate PSN game whose story is more of a spin-off than a continuation of Infamous 2's story.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...od-first-look-preview-bloody-mary?sid=6340449

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not DLC, but a separate PSN game whose story is more of a spin-off than a continuation of Infamous 2's story.

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, in the PSN store it's described as "DLC" though they mention that it IS a stand-alone product that does not require the disc-based game.

[quote name='Decker']To be fair, in the PSN store it's described as "DLC" though they mention that it IS a stand-alone product that does not require the disc-based game.[/QUOTE]

It is DLC though. It is content that you download.

Has the store not updated yet? I was looking for payday and I couldn't find it, but I searched for it and it was there. So anybody interested in it, try searching for it and it should show up.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Has the store not updated yet? I was looking for payday and I couldn't find it, but I searched for it and it was there. So anybody interested in it, try searching for it and it should show up.[/QUOTE]

thx just tried searching for it and it was there :D

[quote name='officerrickyross222']thx just tried searching for it and it was there :D[/QUOTE]
Is yours taking an absurdly long time to download? My downloads are normally quick, but it says something like 300 minutes.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Is yours taking an absurdly long time to download? My downloads are normally quick, but it says something like 300 minutes.[/QUOTE]

yes it is :cry: wtf

It's either a big update or everyone there is ecstatic about the release date for the Vita. I vote for the latter. I did got my Payday voucher and searched/purchased SFA 3.

if you look at the new releases and Only On PSN everything should be updated. Picked up Okabu and got the Valkyria Chronicles 2 full game+DLC which was a steal for $13.49.

Store finally updated. On their Facebook page it says:
New games on PSN now! Okabu, Rocketbirds, PAYDAY: The Heist, Dungeon Defenders, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, new Sam & Max, DC Universe Online free-to-play, Beat Hazard Ultra, Real Steel and more. What are you getting?

Sadly, I looked all over the store and no DC Universe. :cry:

Update: DC Universe starts tomorrow on the 19th http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304000

Last edited by a moderator:
The deals for this week:

PS3
Alien Zombie Mega Death - $5.49 - Temporary Sale
Blue Toad Murder Files - Episodes 2-6 Upgrade Bundle - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Burn Zombie Burn - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Costume Quest - $10.49 - Temporary Sale
Crazy Taxi - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Days Of Thunder: Nascar Edition - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Ghostbusters: Sanctum Of Slime - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Gunstar Heroes - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Paramount Games Bundle - $14.99 - Includes Days of Thunder, Star Trek DAC, and Top Gun
Sam & Max: MAX Pack - $29.99 - Includes Seasons 2 & 3
Sega Rally Online Arcade - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Star Trek: D-A-C - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tetris - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Top Gun - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Zombie Apocalypse - $6.99 - Temporary Sale

Minis
One Epic Game - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PSP
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Phantasy Star Portable 2 - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
Sega Genesis Collection - $12.99 - Temporary Sale
Valkyria Chronicles II Bundle Pack - $22.49 - Includes Game + DLC

Add-ons
Borderlands - The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Burn Zombie Burn - In Space - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Variety Map Pack - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Resurgence Package - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Call Of Duty: World At War - Map Pack 1 - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Call Of Duty: World At War - Map Pack 2 - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Call Of Duty: World At War - Map Pack 3 - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Call Of Duty: World At War - Map Pack Bundle - $14.49 - Temporary Sale
Transformers: War For Cybertron - WFC Map And Character Pack 1 - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Transformers: War For Cybertron - WFC Map And Character Pack 2 - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Alien Zombie Mega Death - $3.84
Burnout Crash - $5.00
Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition - $2.99
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - $4.89
Okabu - $11.99
Paramount Games Bundle - $7.50 - Includes Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition, Star Trek D-A-C, and Top Gun
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - $9.59
Star Trek: D-A-C - $2.99
Top Gun - $2.99
Under Siege - $6.00 - Requires PlayStation Move
Zombie Apocalypse - $4.89

PSP
Valkyria Chronicles 2 Bundle Pack - $13.49

Add-ons
Borderlands - The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - $4.89
Costume Quest - Grubbins on Ice - $3.49

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Bundle - $2.99

It appears Deus Ex Missing Link DLC is "on sale" for $9.99, it is 1200 points on XBL ($15). I hope I can get my gameshare to agree to get it before the price goes back up.

These have my attention:
Gunstar Heroes - $2.99 - Temporary Sale (Have it on Genesis, wish it would work on PSP.)
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars - $6.99 - Temporary Sale (Is this any good on the PSP?)

Valkyria Chronicles II Bundle Pack - $22.49 - Includes Game + DLC (Is the DLC on sale by itself as well? Already have the game on UMD.)

Might activate my PS+ card for these:
Burnout Crash - $5.00 (Still have to play through Burnout Revenge and Burnout Paradise.)
Paramount Games Bundle - $7.50 - Includes Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition, Star Trek D-A-C, and Top Gun (Are any of these fun?)
Valkyria Chronicles 2 Bundle Pack - $13.49 (Same as earlier.)

I'll do the research later, just want opinions on these games. Thanks ahead.

I got Star Trek and Burnout Crash. I know that D-A-C is going to be a mediocre game but $2.99 (with Plus) seemed perfectly acceptable for a mediocre Star Trek game. I'm skeptical about Crash but I had to cave in as a big Burnout fan.

Alien Zombie Megadeath is really good. The gameplay is simple (shoot enemies as you jump between platforms), but it still has plenty of variety, and there are tons of levels and goals to complete. It was already cheap to begin with, but hopefully the discount will get more people to buy it.

Thanks for the recommendation, Zb. I saw that looking through the store earlier and I was tempted but ultimately passed on it. I might give it a second look.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Valkyria Chronicles II Bundle Pack - $22.49 - Includes Game + DLC (Is the DLC on sale by itself as well? Already have the game on UMD.)[/QUOTE]Unfortunately the DLC is not on sale.

I scan this list every week, and still no dice: when is the Dead Space 2 Severed DLC gonna hit the floor? It still costs about half as much as the actual game....

At least a temporary sale ($2.99 would be fine) or something. I just wanna play it.

Anyone have any recommendations for great Move-centric PSN titles? My brother just got one for his birthday, and I'm looking to pick up a few games for him. All of the shelf titles either look stale or a bit outside his age range.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Anyone have any recommendations for great Move-centric PSN titles? My brother just got one for his birthday, and I'm looking to pick up a few games for him. All of the shelf titles either look stale or a bit outside his age range.[/QUOTE]

How old is he? Dead space extraction is pretty good for an on the rails shooter.

Just looked into it and Under Siege does NOT require the move, but it does support it.

Also, amazon flat out removed every single online code for PSN items. Which really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back