PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ervgotti85']I am confused I thought the subway items didn't transfer over from the beta.[/QUOTE]
They did (as they were supposed to). Everything has been fine since launch day, but they are gone w/ the 1.01 patch.

yeah 2 new system share limit sucks. ok so if i get a 3rd ps3 for my kids, can i still get my account on there and download all the games i bought before nov18th even if i get it for them at xmas, or do i have to physically download the games again before nov 18th(not gonna happen). i thought they said if you had bought the games before nov18th they are still shareable to 5 ps3s, how would you do that if you can only have 2 active accounts now on?

F----

My refurbished PS3 that Sony just sent me 2 months ago, freaking broke again!!!

I'm gonna be pissed if I miss another sale and have to wait 2 more weeks for it to get fixed.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']F----

My refurbished PS3 that Sony just sent me 2 months ago, freaking broke again!!!

I'm gonna be pissed if I miss another sale and have to wait 2 more weeks for it to get fixed.[/QUOTE]

What did you pay for the repair? How much will they charge for the new repair? Black Friday will have some good console deals.

[quote name='Blaster man']What did you pay for the repair? How much will they charge for the new repair? Black Friday will have some good console deals.[/QUOTE]
Sony charges $130 to repair the Fat PS3 60GB model. In reality, they just send you a refurbished system of the same model.

On the phone with Sony right now...

[quote name='randomdud']If you had it repaired recently, it should come with a warranty. Should be free this time. :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah it was free this time.

Only problem is, I have to wait another 2 and 1/2 weeks to get my newly refurbished PS3. :cry:

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Yeah it was free this time.

Only problem is, I have to wait another 2 and 1/2 weeks to get my newly refurbished PS3. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I like that lol, "newly refurbished". Kind of an oxymoron! I'd recommend getting a new PS3 on black friday regardless, even if you do get another refurbished PS3. That way you can save the future headaches and stress of having refurbished PS3s break down on you.

[quote name='WonkyToad']Has anyone heard if Sony is doing anything with PSN, like MS is doing with XBLA, for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?[/QUOTE]
They've done it before, so it's likely.

The deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
After Burner Climax - $4.99
Comix Zone - $2.99
Golden Axe - $2.99
Pinballistik + DLC Bundle - $7.99
Red Dead Redemption - $27.99
Red Dead Redemption And Undead Nightmare Collection Bundle - $34.99
Streets Of Rage 2 - $2.99

Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption - Legends And Killers Pack - $6.99
Red Dead Redemption - Liars And Cheats - $6.99
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - $13.99
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Pack - $6.99
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Collection - $13.99

PSP
Split Second - PSP - $19.99
Tron: Evolution - PSP - $19.99

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Jurassic Park: The Game - Full Season - $23.99
Red Dead Redemption - $20.99
Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection Bundle - $24.49

Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - $10.49
Red Dead Redemption - Legends And Killers Pack - $4.89
Red Dead Redemption - Liars And Cheats - $4.89
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Pack - $4.89
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Collection - $10.49

Oooh! After Burner Climax. Loved that game. Only missing 1 achievement on the 360 version and I could probably play through it a few more times for some fun trophies. Tempting.

Also, how is Pinballistic? Seems interesting but I don't know, when a game comes out seemingly too cheap it has me concerned about quality issues when I know virtually nothing else about it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
After Burner Climax - $4.99
Comix Zone - $2.99
Golden Axe - $2.99
Pinballistik + DLC Bundle - $7.99
Red Dead Redemption - $27.99
Red Dead Redemption And Undead Nightmare Collection Bundle - $34.99
Streets Of Rage 2 - $2.99

Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption - Legends And Killers Pack - $6.99
Red Dead Redemption - Liars And Cheats - $6.99
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - $13.99
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Pack - $6.99
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Collection - $13.99

PSP
Split Second - PSP - $19.99
Tron: Evolution - PSP - $19.99

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Jurassic Park: The Game - Full Season - $23.99
Red Dead Redemption - $20.99
Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection Bundle - $24.49

Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - $10.49
Red Dead Redemption - Legends And Killers Pack - $4.89
Red Dead Redemption - Liars And Cheats - $4.89
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Collection - $10.49[/QUOTE]
Phew!

Sigh of relief!

I would've been ticked off if there was a PSone Classic sale this week, since I won't have my Sony refurb PS3 for the next 2.5 weeks.

Pinballistik is cheap because they're trying to do the piecemeal DLC approach that Pinball FX has done, but you pay a little bit and get a table with the base game instead of nothing.

I subscribed to PS+ when they were doing the JP deal. Where do you download it? I selected Jurassic Park, but it is showing $23.99.

[quote name='Optical']I subscribed to PS+ when they were doing the JP deal. Where do you download it? I selected Jurassic Park, but it is showing $23.99.[/QUOTE]

They will send you a message in your message box under the friend tab with the link to redeem your season pass.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']They will send you a message in your message box under the friend tab with the link to redeem your season pass.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - $10.49
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Collection - $10.49
[/QUOTE]

This is a little confusing.

The first one is a standalone game that does not include Liars and Cheats or Legends and Killers.
The second one is just the Undead Nightmare addon.
The third one is a standalone game that includes Undead Nightmare, Liars and Cheats, and Legends and Killers.

So what's with the pricing on the 1st and 3rd?

For those buying the RDR+Undead Nightmare collection: I've been reading a few comments on the PS Blog site that customers that bought it only got RDR and Undead Nightmare only (not collection)

Not sure if this is an error on Sony's end or it's supposed to be RDR and Undead Nightmare only (not including the DLC)

I was about to pull the trigger until that happened. I'm gonna wait until it gets fixed or I have to brave the crowds at K-Mart on Thanksgiving morning to get a RDR GotY edition for $30.

Hey Frisky. Isn't Superstars V8 Racing (GameStop.com - $7.49) $4.99 on PSN now? I just thought people shouldn't be overpaying if they decide to get it from GS.

[quote name='benjam138']Hey Frisky. Isn't Superstars V8 Racing (GameStop.com - $7.49) $4.99 on PSN now? I just thought people shouldn't be overpaying if they decide to get it from GS.[/QUOTE]

Im not sure if its a good game, I havnt heard much about it, and seems a bit corny, but if its a good worthwhile racer. Its just my HDD space is limited, or else id have it for the hell of it.

Id much much rather have sega rally online, but I missed that sale, what a fun game. But the weather effects in V8 look good for a PSN title.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Im not sure if its a good game, I havnt heard much about it, and seems a bit corny, but if its a good worthwhile racer. Its just my HDD space is limited, or else id have it for the hell of it.

Id much much rather have sega rally online, but I missed that sale, what a fun game. But the weather effects in V8 look good for a PSN title.[/QUOTE]

I know it's off topic but is anyone else having a really hard time seeing what buttons to press in Jurassic Park?

It will have an icon of like a magnifying glass and in the corner have what button to press to do that action and it is so small I have to squint to see it. This is on a 1080p 60 inch plasma.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Im not sure if its a good game, I havnt heard much about it, and seems a bit corny, but if its a good worthwhile racer. Its just my HDD space is limited, or else id have it for the hell of it.

Id much much rather have sega rally online, but I missed that sale, what a fun game. But the weather effects in V8 look good for a PSN title.[/QUOTE]

It started out as a disc title on 360 and isnt really anything like Sega Rally. V8 Superstars is more of a sim. I actually enjoyed it. It has more forgiving physics than GT or any of the eutechnyx games without being over the top like Shift can be at times. I would say the big benefit is that you get a lot of tracks you wont find in other games (Kyalami!). Wheel support is better than the Eutechnyx games as well. If youre the trophy hunting type, its a fairly easy platinum, though I will say that the game stops being fun around the third time you run through a season as the difficulty trophies don't stack. Vehicle wise its true to the real life series, which is good for authenticity's sake, but not so good for variety. If youre not in a rush, I would wait and see what Eutechnyx debuts their PSN racer for, but if you enjoy sim racers its a pretty good buy for $5.

Red Dead Redemption + Undead collection seems tempting. However, I'm not sure if the GOTY disc version has any additional content in it. Anyone know?

RDR is kinda tempting but I think I'll pass and wait for a deal on it on XBLM since it's supposed to be much better on 360

wonder what if any Black Friday deals PSN might have?

Jurassic Park is one of the worst "game"s i've ever played.

Its like if Heavy Rain had horrible animations and gave you a game over screen after each mistake rather than let the story keep unfolding with one protagonist dead or whatever.

Telltale should be absolutely embarassed.

[quote name='pROvIs']I know it's off topic but is anyone else having a really hard time seeing what buttons to press in Jurassic Park?

It will have an icon of like a magnifying glass and in the corner have what button to press to do that action and it is so small I have to squint to see it. This is on a 1080p 60 inch plasma.[/QUOTE]

It's easier to try to make out the color (square is pink, x is blue, circle is red, triangle is green) and use the position on the screen (which correspond to the buttons' positions) rather than to try to make out the shape itself.

[quote name='sneezebu']Jurassic Park is one of the worst "game"s i've ever played.

Its like if Heavy Rain had horrible animations and gave you a game over screen after each mistake rather than let the story keep unfolding with one protagonist dead or whatever.

Telltale should be absolutely embarassed.[/QUOTE]

So, do you like it?

[quote name='pROvIs']So, do you like it?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people expected so much from a budget title made by a smallish developer that mainly makes point-and-click adventures. "Telltale should be absolutely embarrassed" makes it sound like Telltale were the ones that made Heavy Rain previously.

[quote name='Prismatico']I don't understand why people expected so much from a budget title made by a smallish developer that mainly makes point-and-click adventures. "Telltale should be absolutely embarrassed" makes it sound like Telltale were the ones that made Heavy Rain previously.[/QUOTE]

Telltale made an outstanding Back To The Future game series. It's not like they're a bunch of amateurs.

[quote name='Decker']Telltale made an outstanding Back To The Future game series. It's not like they're a bunch of amateurs.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the same complaints were happening for that as if it was a $60 game with half a decade of development and high funding like Heavy Rain was. I wasn't saying they stink or anything like that.

I think their work is great for what it is (and what they are), but I also don't expect upper echelon retail quality presentation going into the experience.

[quote name='Prismatico']I don't understand why people expected so much from a budget title made by a smallish developer that mainly makes point-and-click adventures. "Telltale should be absolutely embarrassed" makes it sound like Telltale were the ones that made Heavy Rain previously.[/QUOTE]

I can't consider $30 to be a budget title personally

[quote name='shadowkast']I can't consider $30 to be a budget title personally[/QUOTE]

Isn't anything under $60 considered a budget title? I'm pretty sure that's how it works for retail (physical media) games. Digital download is probably a different story since the pricing structures are way different.

[quote name='shadowkast']I can't consider $30 to be a budget title personally[/QUOTE]

Taken from Giant Bomb:

When a game is released at a lower than usual MSRP, and is usually a lesser product as a result

A "Budget Title" refers to both the production quality and cost of a game. In most cases Budget Titles are of a lower quality and thus also cost less. Budget titles are often marketed to a younger generation of gamers whom would not be able to detect such inferior development.

Budget titles are not always bad however and the lower price may just be used to promote a franchise that isn't likely to sell well normally. Games that are lowered in price long after release are not necessarily considered a "Budget Title".

Your personal definition seems to be more of an arbitrary threshold of worth (which varies from person to person), but that's not why the term exists. Of course there's no reason to say you can't find things unreasonable for what they are, but $30-35 is what Telltale has always charged for their new digital releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']Isn't anything under $60 considered a budget title? I'm pretty sure that's how it works for retail (physical media) games. Digital download is probably a different story since the pricing structures are way different.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's kinda my point. It's one of the more expensive digital titles. Therefore i don't see it as a budget title. Again, just my opinion. Being from telltale, the price, the hype, it being an incentive to join psn+ ... I expected more

[quote name='shadowkast']Yeah, that's kinda my point. It's one of the more expensive digital titles. Therefore i don't see it as a budget title. Again, just my opinion. Being from telltale, the price, the hype, it being an incentive to join psn+ ... I expected more[/QUOTE]

Technically it has a physical version on PC and 360, with the latter (PC physical one is a Deluxe Edition) below standard MSRP.

Pinballistic blows. I tried every button, but couldn't find any way to change the camera view/mode. Feel slike a cheap PC pinball game you would get for next to nothing.

[quote name='vlv723']For those buying the RDR+Undead Nightmare collection: I've been reading a few comments on the PS Blog site that customers that bought it only got RDR and Undead Nightmare only (not collection)

Not sure if this is an error on Sony's end or it's supposed to be RDR and Undead Nightmare only (not including the DLC)

I was about to pull the trigger until that happened. I'm gonna wait until it gets fixed or I have to brave the crowds at K-Mart on Thanksgiving morning to get a RDR GotY edition for $30.[/QUOTE]
You know that Best Buy already had RDR GOTY on sale(for one day) for $30, right? Either way, there's also a few free DLC's up on PSN(Outlaws To The End, Myths & Mavericks) that may or may not be included in the DLC version on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back