PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a heads up to anyone considering the discounted BttF bundle on PSN, please know that it's $9.99 at Best Buy this week (on disk).

JJSP............and it's medals stack (so I have been told). That matters to some folks. I am thinking about picking up a copy Sat if it is still around here. I like having a disc even though I bought it a bit back when it was on sale on PSN.

For those who get Marvel Pinball...

I snagged it and ended up downloading both the discounted tables (Capt America and FF). My five year old daughter really likes it so, since I had cash sitting in my PSN account, I went ahead and grabbed the other four boards that were bundled for ten bucks.

I have to say...the Thor table is fucking awesome!

The art on all of the tables is sweet as hell...but the Thor table is amazing. Nice pick by Sony to give us the pinball game for free. Between that and TR: Underworld, I've been super happy with my one year for 15 dollar purchase from Target.

Maybe I just got a bit confused by the wording on the PS Blog, but are the bundles the only things with a PS+ discount in the Holiday Collection?

So just to be clear we get Marvel Pinball free and the Captain America and Fantastic Four tables are $1.50 each and NOT included in the Marvel bundle? I'm assuming these are identical to the XBLA Pinball FX 2 tables.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There is no bundle for Marvel Pinball.[/QUOTE]

Sorry by Marvel Pinball bundle I was referring to the grouping of tables within the game. As in there's a Spiderman table, a Wolverine table, and so on.

I'm curious about Cladun X2, since I played the original, but I want to replay Borderlands, which was a great shooter RPG for me, on a new console (with Add-on bundle)...

I can be able to buy either one for $9 since I still have some leftover cash.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Sorry by Marvel Pinball bundle I was referring to the grouping of tables within the game. As in there's a Spiderman table, a Wolverine table, and so on.[/QUOTE]
Ah. Marvel Pinball has the Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Blade tables, so the DLC isn't already included with the game.

Since Marvel Pinball is free for PS+, you guys might as well pick up the Captain America and Fantastic Four tables, too. The game is fun as hell and I can't wait to get the new tables.

Was really hoping to see some better sales. A lot of the holiday stuff was them just showcasing games at full (or close to full) price. Would have enjoyed seeing Infamous FoB on sale. Oh well, it will happen eventually...

Why am I seeing about 8 or 9 game & DLC bundles being advertisted in a changing side ad (AC 2, AC:B, RF:A, COD4, Borderlands, Warhawk, Homefront, etc.), but when I go into the "Bundles" icon on my PS+ window, only 5 are available? AC 2 and Brotherhood and Borderlands game & DLC bundles are being advertised, but I can't find these "bundles" for purchase.

[quote name='wookiewok4']Why am I seeing about 8 or 9 game & DLC bundles being advertisted in a changing side ad (AC 2, AC:B, RF:A, COD4, Borderlands, Warhawk, Homefront, etc.), but when I go into the "Bundles" icon on my PS+ window, only 5 are available? AC 2 and Brotherhood and Borderlands game & DLC bundles are being advertised, but I can't find these "bundles" for purchase.[/QUOTE]

If you've already purchased a game that's in one of those bundles, the bundle won't show up. Sucks, you'd have to use a different account if you want the bundle if that's the case.

I bought Split/Second before this week, and I don't see the bundle due to that. Doesn't really matter to me because I wasn't interested in the DLC, but I'm using it as an example.

So because I did the free game trials for AC2, AC:B, and Borderlands, I can't purchase these bundle deals??? That's a bunch of crap! But thanks for the info.

[quote name='wookiewok4']So because I did the free game trials for AC2, AC:B, and Borderlands, I can't purchase these bundle deals??? That's a bunch of crap! But thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, I didn't know the free game trials made that happen. Did you let the time run out on all of the trials? It may show the bundle after the time runs out on the trials. I've never tried any so I don't know how they work.

[quote name='sunghost']If you've already purchased a game that's in one of those bundles, the bundle won't show up. Sucks, you'd have to use a different account if you want the bundle if that's the case.

I bought Split/Second before this week, and I don't see the bundle due to that. Doesn't really matter to me because I wasn't interested in the DLC, but I'm using it as an example.[/QUOTE]

It says that if you have trials, you have to use up all the time in order for the bundles to appear.

[quote name='wookiewok4']So because I did the free game trials for AC2, AC:B, and Borderlands, I can't purchase these bundle deals??? That's a bunch of crap! But thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]
It's because you effectively own the games and need to play the first hour to get the option to pay to keep playing. That's why you should only download full game trials for games you will play right away since

Tried out my free for + Marvel Pinball last night - FANtastic game. Zen has to be the leader in digital pinball programming, this and Zen Pinball are great, addictive games, especially for those of us old enough to have played real pinball back in the day.

I love Marvel Pinball! Of course it's free now after I bought it, but it was well worth the $10 I paid to support the developers for such a great game. I already have the F4 and Catptain America tables, so to feed my addiction some more, I picked up Vengeance and Virtue last night as well. I can't wait to play them this week sometime.

a question if i have bought marvel pinball table free for psn plus and i also purchase the dlc.
if my psn plus expires will I keep the marvel table???

[quote name='lobitoh']a question if i have bought marvel pinball table free for psn plus and i also purchase the dlc.
if my psn plus expires will I keep the marvel table???[/QUOTE]

unfortunately once your subscription expires you'll lose the core game but obviously retain your bought dlc for it, but it would be useless without the core game. You'd either have to purchase the game or renew your sub to plus.

[quote name='vic_x51'][quote name='lobitoh']a question if i have bought marvel pinball table free for psn plus and i also purchase the dlc.
if my psn plus expires will I keep the marvel table???[/QUOTE]unfortunately once your subscription expires you'll lose the core game but obviously retain your bought dlc for it, but it would be useless without the core game. You'd either have to purchase the game or renew your sub to plus.[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask the same thing, but I still have a unasked follow-up...anyone thing that Marvel Pinball will be on sale in the future? So in the event your PS+ expires, you still have the DLC at a discounted price in preparation for eventually getting the full game?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I was going to ask the same thing, but I still have a unasked follow-up...anyone thing that Marvel Pinball will be on sale in the future? So in the event your PS+ expires, you still have the DLC at a discounted price in preparation for eventually getting the full game?[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think it will eventually. I bought it before I was PS+, they had a "Buy Marvel Pinball, get Zen Pinball free" deal that I did. Also, the Marvel Pack was just $5 on XBLA for Black Friday.

However, if Marvel Pinball goes on sale while you're still on PS+ and you downloaded it for free from PS+, you can't buy it at the discounted price. That's my least favorite thing about PS+

[quote name='tylerh1701']However, if Marvel Pinball goes on sale while you're still on PS+ and you downloaded it for free from PS+, you can't buy it at the discounted price. That's my least favorite thing about PS+[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! Crap, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info, glad I haven't downloaded too many things I've actually wanted.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']WHAT?! Crap, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info, glad I haven't downloaded too many things I've actually wanted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its really lame. There may be a workaround with Sony customer service, I don't know.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, I think it will eventually. I bought it before I was PS+, they had a "Buy Marvel Pinball, get Zen Pinball free" deal that I did. Also, the Marvel Pack was just $5 on XBLA for Black Friday.

However, if Marvel Pinball goes on sale while you're still on PS+ and you downloaded it for free from PS+, you can't buy it at the discounted price. That's my least favorite thing about PS+[/QUOTE]

You can always just create a second PSN account and buy it on there and just gameshare it with your main account.

[quote name='tylerh1701']SEGA PSN sale announced. Highlights include:

Sonic 4 Ep. 1 - $7, $5 PS+
Daytona USA - $7[/QUOTE]

The Sonic Christmas Bundle is $15, so $10 more for 3 more games and the add-on. Not sure what I plan on getting, but it's going to be either Sonic 4 or the bundle. Either way Sonic 4 is mine finally.

The full list for people that want to know:
Renegade Ops – Regularly $14.99, Sale Price $11.99, PSN+ Sale Price $8.99
Daytona – Regularly $9.99, Sale Price $6.99
SEGA Rally Arcade – Regularly $9.99, Sale Price $5.99
Alpha Protocol Avatar Home Items – Regularly $14.99, Sale Price $5.99
SEGA Bass Fishing – Regularly $9.99, Sale Price $6.99, PSN+ Sale Price $4.89
Space Channel 5 Part 2 – Regularly $9.99, Sale Price $6.99, PSN+ Sale Price $4.89
Sonic Christmas Bundle – Regularly $34.95, Sale Price $19.99, PSN+ Sale Price $14.99
After Burner: Black Falcon – Regularly $9.99, Sale Price $4.99
Sonic Adventure & Add-On – Regularly $14.99, Sale Price $11.99, PSN+ Sale Price $8.99
Sonic 4 Ep 1 – Regularly $9.99, Sale Price $6.99, PSN+ Sale Price $4.99

They will run from December 20 through January 3, 2012.

I highly recommend Beat Hazard Ultra if you are a shoot em up and music fan. I have a huge music library and I absolutely love shoot em ups, so I have had countless hours of fun with this game. It's a great deal for 4 dollars. Also Marvel Pinball is a fun game I might consider buying it once my PSN+ runs out.

I didn't see this mention anywhere but the Arcade Edition bundle is sale for 9.99 if anyone has the vanilla copy of Super Street Fighter IV. Regular price is 14.99.

Bad news for anyone looking forward to this weeks UMvC3 costume pack.

Got delayed till March, apparently the King of Spain wasnt pleased (Being 100% serious)

[quote name='Deack']I highly recommend Beat Hazard Ultra if you are a shoot em up and music fan. I have a huge music library and I absolutely love shoot em ups, so I have had countless hours of fun with this game. It's a great deal for 4 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. For $4 (PS+) I've had a lot of enjoyment out of the time I've spent with it.

Might have to get in on Sonic 4. Hasn't the game been out for like a year though, and still no episode 2? I think Sega needs to take a cue from Telltale on how to do episodic games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Agreed. For $4 (PS+) I've had a lot of enjoyment out of the time I've spent with it.[/QUOTE]
It certainly sounds like a cool game, but more than a few reviews and comments I've read have said the music doesn't really seem to have any noticeable effect on the gameplay, outside of some lights that might flash in synch to the tune.

The music has a huge effect on the how the action plays out, from different waves of enemy ships to what bosses, if any, appear in that level and even the power of your weapons are affected by various aspects of the song you choose.

[quote name='iamsmart']Might have to get in on Sonic 4. Hasn't the game been out for like a year though, and still no episode 2? I think Sega needs to take a cue from Telltale on how to do episodic games.

It certainly sounds like a cool game, but more than a few reviews and comments I've read have said the music doesn't really seem to have any noticeable effect on the gameplay, outside of some lights that might flash in synch to the tune.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't really go for that "music affects your game" gimmick anyway. I've played lots of games that say that, but I've never really noticed anything really sync up or anything.

I just like Beat Hazard cuz it's flashy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back