PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts from anyone on Warhammer Kill Team or Hamilton's Great Adventure? The former seemed like a fairly straightforward twin stick shooter, and the latter looked like an interesting enough puzzle game.

And I'd probably pick up Crush on the PSP for $5 if that 3DS remake wasn't coming in March. Although it only is 5 bucks, compared to what will probably be $30 for the 3DS version. Hmmm...

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Any thoughts from anyone on Warhammer Kill Team or Hamilton's Great Adventure? The former seemed like a fairly straightforward twin stick shooter, and the latter looked like an interesting enough puzzle game.

And I'd probably pick up Crush on the PSP for $5 if that 3DS remake wasn't coming in March. Although it only is 5 bucks, compared to what will probably be $30 for the 3DS version. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

I've only played one chapter in Kill Team, but I think "straightforward twin stick shooter" is probably a great way to describe it. That being said, I happily paid $5 for the game, as I consider a straightforward, functional twin stick shooter well worth $5. After playing Space Marine, I really enjoy the world and killing orcs in Kill Team is very satisfying.

As for Hamilton, I just finished the first world (out of 4). There were 11 story levels and 5 bonus levels in the first world, so probably about 64 total levels in the game.

By level 11, I was already noticing a little bit of a challenge in the puzzles, and I expect the difficulty to ramp fairly high by the time I complete the story. As a puzzle game aficionado, the game is well worth $5 (or $2.50 for PS+). However, if you're not a big puzzle game fan and not a PS+ member, you may want to check out the demo to get a feel for the game and see if you like it before dropping $5 on it.

My one gripe with the game (which you should be able to notice in the demo) is that the controls are not super tight. When walking, you need to take your finger off the directional button right as you get to the square you want to be in. If you don't, you risk taking one extra step, which may very possibly ruin the level for you and force a restart. I got used to this fairly quickly, but I'm sure these controls will still screw me at least a few more times as I work towards beating the game.

Each level does have a bronze, silver, and gold ranking which is determined by collecting treasures in the level (and is not at all based on time per level). This may provide a little bit of replay value for those wanting to "Gold" all levels. The game has like 20 trophies, but they're all bronze. They are well implemented though and should encourage players to go back and work towards getting gold on every level.

Semi-off topic, but I'm kinda pissed, and I just need to vent.

I signed up for the Playstation Plus trial to buy Rochard/Cubixx HD/Sideway, using the code in my Black Friday Bundle.

Right after signing up, I deleted my credit card info, and canceled auto-renew.

Fast forward to today, I turn on my PS3, and it still showed me with Playstation Plus. I get paranoid, and sure enough, it auto renewed.

I'm probably SOL, but I'm pretty pissed. I turned off auto-renew AGAIN, but since it doesn't send me a confirmation email, I can't prove either way. Dammit.

I was planning on getting a 3 month card within the next 4 months keep my cloud saves, but fuck, I'm not supporting this bullshit again. I fucking wish I took a screenshot of my cancelling. fucking hindsight 20/20.

^ I read, somewhere, IATCG mentioning using an empty, prepaid card to load free months.

Can't believe people are, STILL, giving Playstation their card info!!!!!!:hot::whistle2:#:twoguns::whee:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']^ I read, somewhere, IATCG mentioned using an empty prepaid card to load free month/s.

Can't believe people are, STILL, giving Playstation their card info!!!!!!:hot::whistle2:#:twoguns::whee:[/QUOTE]

It took it from my available funds, which was like $40 leftover. I had cancelled Playstation Plus Auto-renew, but auto-funding was still on. I wonder if that caused the fuck-up.

If it had been charged to my credit card, I would have been happier, and just disputed it.

[quote name='elessar123']It took it from my available funds, which was like $40 leftover. I had cancelled Playstation Plus Auto-renew, but auto-funding was still on. I wonder if that caused the fuck-up.

If it had been charged to my credit card, I would have been happier, and just disputed it.[/QUOTE]

Omg! Cash!!!! I see why you're p'ed off!!!!!!!:cold:

[quote name='elessar123']Semi-off topic, but I'm kinda pissed, and I just need to vent.

I signed up for the Playstation Plus trial to buy Rochard/Cubixx HD/Sideway, using the code in my Black Friday Bundle.

Fast forward to today, I turn on my PS3, and it still showed me with Playstation Plus. I get paranoid, and sure enough, it auto renewed.

I'm probably SOL, but I'm pretty pissed. I turned off auto-renew AGAIN, but since it doesn't send me a confirmation email, I can't prove either way. Dammit.

I was planning on getting a 3 month card within the next 4 months keep my cloud saves, but fuck, I'm not supporting this bullshit again. I fucking wish I took a screenshot of my cancelling. fucking hindsight 20/20.[/QUOTE]

You probably fucked up.

Wish the Persona games were not so expensive! I really want them on the Vita but paying 40$ for a digital version doesnt sound good to me.

[quote name='elessar123']Semi-off topic, but I'm kinda pissed, and I just need to vent.

I was planning on getting a 3 month card within the next 4 months keep my cloud saves, but fuck, I'm not supporting this bullshit again. I fucking wish I took a screenshot of my cancelling. fucking hindsight 20/20.[/QUOTE]

I think there's actually two places where you had to cancel auto-renewal. One was in account management, the other I don't remember. I did find that weird and was a little paranoid about it but it looks like it stayed off.

[quote name='whitereflection']I think there's actually two places where you had to cancel auto-renewal. One was in account management, the other I don't remember. I did find that weird and was a little paranoid about it but it looks like it stayed off.[/QUOTE]

If so, that's really shady, but it'd explain it.

[quote name='elessar123']It took it from my available funds, which was like $40 leftover. I had cancelled Playstation Plus Auto-renew, but auto-funding was still on. I wonder if that caused the fuck-up.

If it had been charged to my credit card, I would have been happier, and just disputed it.[/QUOTE]
I turned off both Auto-Renew AND Auto-Funding after using all four codes I had. I may actually spring for a buncha stuff on the PS Store to take my credit balance as close to $0 as possible too, so that if by some chance Sony decided to turn back on auto-renew on me, they're SOL and can't charge me for shit.:booty:

But the thing is, if you disputed the charge from Sony(even though you said you did turn off auto renew and what not), then they would ban you from PSN if the charge got reversed I think.

Can't say enough good things about Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, must-own for new Vita owners. Also Crush at $4.99 looks like a winner and is playable on the Vita. Any recommendation for whether I should just get Stardust Delta or the bundle, I am leaning towards just the $10 game.

I think I'll start adding new release Vita games with a discount to the deals list and they'll go in the persistent deals section after that. It's not a flat 10% on those games either, as I noticed a number of $40 and $30 games that just went with a $5 discount for 12.5% or 16.7% off. These were mostly Namco Bandai/Tecmo Koei games.

Bought Scarygirl for $9.99! WOOP!

Got around to playing BattleFantasia and it's fun(and free...PS+)!

Ohhh, PS+, you spoil me soooooooo!!!!!! I feel like I'm in some kind of club! SOOOO much free stuff! They should call it the PS Buffet!!!:applause::D

[quote name='Smashbro29']I'm pretty hype to see what they give the Vita with plus.[/QUOTE]

If what they've done with PSP is any indication, not a whole lot.

[quote name='tylerh1701']If what they've done with PSP is any indication, not a whole lot.[/QUOTE]
It was never intended for PSP in the first place. PS+ was a PS3 service and the fact that there's no PS+ section on the PSP store as an indicator of that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was never intended for PSP in the first place. PS+ was a PS3 service and the fact that there's no PS+ section on the PSP store as an indicator of that.[/QUOTE]

I figured it wasn't, but I was late to the party for PS+ so I don't remember how it started or was announced.

I don't own a PSP and wouldn't be happy if they announced the free game or discounts were for PSP games. I hope they don't add PS Vita deals, because I'm not getting one of those either.

[quote name='BREVITY']Wish the Persona games were not so expensive! I really want them on the Vita but paying 40$ for a digital version doesnt sound good to me.[/QUOTE]

Yea I cringed too. I ended up caving tho for p3p, since it's one of my favorite games and I never played the portable one - really wanted to play the female char. Still felt grossly overpriced when there were plenty of newer releases I was eyeing, like Fate/Zero, that were only 25.

I heard that Sega Rally was finally going to be on sale and was excited. I log on today and find that it's only on sale if you buy it with Crazy Taxi, a game I already have. I have waited months for Sega Rally to drop in price, heard people getting discount emails that I never got, and now am forced to buy it in a bundle. Why can I not get this game on sale?

Anyone know when the American PSN store is getting Malicious, it came out in Japan in like 2010, and just got released on the UK store like two weeks ago. I figured we would get it the following week but nothing. Sony seems to be producing it so it should be a matter of time, hopefully. I'm really hoping it comes out soon and is offered at a playstation plus discount, like the UK store.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Frisky any ideas what March will have instore for PS+ members?[/QUOTE]
No, we'll probably hear about it next week.
[quote name='doreo503']Anyone know when the American PSN store is getting Malicious, it came out in Japan in like 2010, and just got released on the UK store like two weeks ago. I figured we would get it the following week but nothing. Sony seems to be producing it so it should be a matter of time, hopefully. I'm really hoping it comes out soon and is offered at a playstation plus discount, like the UK store.[/QUOTE]
No word on that yet.

If you're interested in Killzone 3's multiplayer, it will be getting a separate release next week that will be free to play up to a certain level before you'll be required to pay $14.99 to keep leveling up. It sounds like it'll work like MAG's free to play system.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you're interested in Killzone 3's multiplayer, it will be getting a separate release next week that will be free to play up to a certain level before you'll be required to pay $14.99 to keep leveling up. It sounds like it'll work like MAG's free to play system.[/QUOTE]
So then if you don't wanna pay the $15, you can just keep the mp on your system and the only issue will be that you won't level up, right? If so, then that may be something my one buddy and I can play occasionally, assuming I can get him to play online with his PS3.:whistle2:#

Just a question...How often do the older games go on sale? I find it wierd that games from 2007/2008 are still at full price...Not even a price drop lol.

[quote name='EarthKing']Just a question...How often do the older games go on sale? I find it wierd that games from 2007/2008 are still at full price...Not even a price drop lol.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of digital content on PSN and XBLA. altho, in their defense, its not like these games are taking up shelf space, so no reason to discount them to clear them up.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Welcome to the world of digital content on PSN and XBLA. altho, in their defense, its not like these games are taking up shelf space, so no reason to discount them to clear them up.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering. But still $10 for flow and other games that I've played demos are expensive for what they are...Hell FLOW is free as a web browser game. I'll just wait for a sale. >_>

Also, is REZ on PSN??

[quote name='melancholysp']I heard that Sega Rally was finally going to be on sale and was excited. I log on today and find that it's only on sale if you buy it with Crazy Taxi, a game I already have. I have waited months for Sega Rally to drop in price, heard people getting discount emails that I never got, and now am forced to buy it in a bundle. Why can I not get this game on sale?[/QUOTE]

Sega Rally has been on sale before. I got it for $5 last Fall on PSN. The "discount email" (actually a message with attachment) was for Daytona USA, not Sega Rally.

[quote name='EarthKing']Just wondering. But still $10 for flow and other games that I've played demos are expensive for what they are...Hell FLOW is free as a web browser game. I'll just wait for a sale. >_>

Also, is REZ on PSN??[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think publishers should consider cutting their prices $5 or so after a year or 2 on the store. Some do, but I'd like to see more.

Also, I didn't know Flow was free in web browsers, so thanks, I'll check it out now!

And no Rez on PSN.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree, I think publishers should consider cutting their prices $5 or so after a year or 2 on the store. Some do, but I'd like to see more.
[/QUOTE]

I wish the bioshock 2 ones would drop. I want all of them, but I think I am only going to buy the one with the weapons upgrades for multiplayer

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree, I think publishers should consider cutting their prices $5 or so after a year or 2 on the store. Some do, but I'd like to see more.[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. I've been waiting for the second Deathspank game to go back on sale. It got a one time sale for $7.49 and hasn't hit that price or close again since.:whistle2:#

[quote name='slowdive21']I wish the bioshock 2 ones would drop. I want all of them, but I think I am only going to buy the one with the weapons upgrades for multiplayer[/QUOTE]

At least those actually went on sale. That's when I picked up all the DLC. :D

[quote name='Tsel']At least those actually went on sale. That's when I picked up all the DLC. :D[/QUOTE]

Can you please shoot me a pm and let me know what they cost and what was included? I would like to see how low they went and what came with it. I heard they were bundled, but I don't know what was in the bundle.

[quote name='slowdive21']Can you please shoot me a pm and let me know what they cost and what was included? I would like to see how low they went and what came with it. I heard they were bundled, but I don't know what was in the bundle.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I don't even know what I paid and what was in it. It was a while ago and I still haven't touched the game. :whistle2:#

did that floaty scarf sand game ever come out? been waiting for that a long time now. also did anyone else get an email about preordering me3? journey is the name of it and i thought it was coming out last year. nvm its coming out march 13th.

[quote name='lokizz']did that floaty scarf sand game ever come out? been waiting for that a long time now. also did anyone else get an email about preordering me3? journey is the name of it and i thought it was coming out last year. nvm its coming out march 13th.[/QUOTE]

I love how, by the end of your post, you answered your question about the "floaty scarf sand game".

I'm interested to see how Journey turns out, but I'm definitely not getting it day 1. Maybe Flow and Flower will go on sale during the week that is released.

bioshock 2 dlc was like half price. it wasnt bundled in the us, but europe had a bundle with all dlc for 10.99. i bought the protector challenges and the story dlc Minerva's Den but skipped the mp dlc as mp is dead enough already. i believe they were half off. I highly advise against buying the mp dlc map packs as you can only play them if everyone in the lobby has them... so even for the trophies i skipped it.

yeah psn sales suck if you miss them. i zoned out and didnt get jill/tentacle eyeball guy character dlc for $5 total for marvel vs capcom 3 a few months ago and i wont pay $10 total for just 2 characters. oh well.

ok just found it. 2k dlc sale was july 19, 2011

• Bioshock 2 Exclusive Characters – Sale (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • Bioshock 2 Minerva’s Den – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
  • Bioshock 2 Protector Trials – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
  • Bioshock 2 Rapture Metro – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
  • Bioshock 2 Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)

[quote name='BREVITY']Wish the Persona games were not so expensive! I really want them on the Vita but paying 40$ for a digital version doesnt sound good to me.[/QUOTE]

Persona and P3P have been on sale for half price a few times, and I'm sure they will be again. I would assume P2 will also be on sale the next time the others are.

Man it was freaking expensive at 30 bucks but I just got FF IV the complete collection for psp for my vita. It's officially supported and it's my favorite game of all time so I had to.

[quote name='Velo214']
yeah psn sales suck if you miss them. i zoned out and didnt get jill/tentacle eyeball guy character dlc for $5 total for marvel vs capcom 3 a few months ago and i wont pay $10 total for just 2 characters. oh well.
][/QUOTE]

Shuma-Gorath ;)

[quote name='Velo214']bioshock 2 dlc was like half price. it wasnt bundled in the us, but europe had a bundle with all dlc for 10.99. i bought the protector challenges and the story dlc Minerva's Den but skipped the mp dlc as mp is dead enough already. i believe they were half off. I highly advise against buying the mp dlc map packs as you can only play them if everyone in the lobby has them... so even for the trophies i skipped it.

• Bioshock 2 Exclusive Characters – Sale (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • Bioshock 2 Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why didnt they make kill team online coop. i would buy it right now if it had online coop.[/QUOTE]

Ya, that omission is a little bit mind-boggling.

[quote name='Velo214']bioshock 2 dlc was like half price. it wasnt bundled in the us, but europe had a bundle with all dlc for 10.99. i bought the protector challenges and the story dlc Minerva's Den but skipped the mp dlc as mp is dead enough already. i believe they were half off. I highly advise against buying the mp dlc map packs as you can only play them if everyone in the lobby has them... so even for the trophies i skipped it.

[/QUOTE]

that was an amazing sale period. i picked up the dlc for bio2 and got the burnout game with dlc cheap and that wicked discount on borderlands with all dlc.

psn sales can be amazing but also a bitch if you dont have the funds when the sales go up. btw is bio2 mp still active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back