PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up to anyone that played the MP before and you're a higher level than 10,it will lock you out and will not let you play. I just tried to and all I got was the buy it now screen. Sorry if this is a repost.

yeah i was gonna say 2/3 of those map packs were free. but i guess that's a moot point if you can get all dlc and mp for 7.50. woot. now i just need to delete more and more gigs... and this is with my 320 gigger...

/any news on the trophy front? sony said 4 new exclusive trophies. i heard a rumor of a 2nd plat, but that seems crazy... anyone with past kz3 trophies get this already and wanna share what's up?

yeah i delete stuff all the time, but like damn, my daughter wanted to play some heavy rain so i had to install and then patch it and that was 5+gig, damn. everything is huge. lol. my 9gig record of agarest war file isn't looking so monstrous anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure everyone knows this but deleting GAME DATA for games you don't play anymore frees up a ton of space, and the old PSN games you don't play can be redownloaded infinitely if you delete them....

also a new sata hard drive 750 gig can be found for under $100 during sale times at newegg. currently one up for $120.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Was it a "slap in the face?" Hahaha, cry babies.[/QUOTE]

Because two whole sentences complaining about the update, despite the majority agreeing with me, makes me a cry baby and a whiny bitch.

You seem to be the one more hurt than anyone. With that being said, I want to congratulate you on becoming the first person to go on my ignore list! Job well done, chap!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']also a new sata hard drive 750 gig can be found for under $100 during sale times at newegg. currently one up for $120.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I put a 640 GB in my PS3 for only $50 on sale at newegg and that was back in Dec. 2010. You should be able to find something similar to that now...

Pretty pumped for half off Infamous FOB next week if that wins one of the cats (which I assume it will). Been holding off for a discount on that one...

Oh maaan, this MP demo of Killzone 3 is so awesome. I was able to get the last two DLC trophies that I've been needing, I'm so stoked. Now I just need to do an Elite run and I got my platinum and 100%.

[quote name='Tsel']With that being said, I want to congratulate you on becoming the first person to go on my ignore list! Job well done, chap![/QUOTE]

Funny, I just put someone on my ignore list today for the first time in a LONG time. Some tool from the blogs.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Hell, I put a 640 GB in my PS3 for only $50 on sale at newegg and that was back in Dec. 2010. You should be able to find something similar to that now...

Pretty pumped for half off Infamous FOB next week if that wins one of the cats (which I assume it will). Been holding off for a discount on that one...[/QUOTE]

yeah a 640 gb harddrive aint no joke i put one in my slim and never looked back. ive got everything from a year and more of plus and any there thing i bought on there with lots of room to spare.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Hell, I put a 640 GB in my PS3 for only $50 on sale at newegg and that was back in Dec. 2010. You should be able to find something similar to that now...

[/QUOTE]
Not for that price in today's market. The Hard Drive manufactures are still fucked pretty much and prices are still ridiculous. I been looking to upgrade my PS3's drive but I am waiting for prices to go down a bit.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How would you get the second platinum if you don't have the single player? Oh wait, is it just the MP DLC trophies? Those trophies suck.[/QUOTE]

It's an entirely separate trophy list.

[quote name='Tsel']It's an entirely separate trophy list.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I read it, I thought they meant it included all of the original KZ3 trophies, not just the MP related ones. Getting those DLC trophies again would be such a pain in the ass.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Not for that price in today's market. The Hard Drive manufactures are still fucked pretty much and prices are still ridiculous. I been looking to upgrade my PS3's drive but I am waiting for prices to go down a bit.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, I haven't priced HDs in a while. When I bought it, it was a Newegg holiday sale, might have even been a black friday deal even.

I might have to pick up this KZ3 MP for $7.50 this week. Sounding like too good a deal to pass up...

Hi,

For anyone who has Hydrophobia Prophecy. How is the game?
I watched a couple of videos but can't really tell if it's that bad from the reviews I read.

Only reason I'm thinking about buying is because of move support.
If it's really crappy I don't want to waste my time downloading it (especially with my slow dsl connection).

Thanks.

i played through hydrophobia 100%. for free it wasnt bad, but i wouldnt pay for it.
It was very beta quality even tho i know this is supposed to be the most updated edition, but just felt... like a bad game. also very buggity trophies.

and yeah kz3 dlc trophies were a pain in the ass, but mostly cuz noone was ever on. I only got most of the free dlc trophies because there was just one other guy in the round with me and we were like, lets get these trophies out of the way, so it worked out well. hopefully with mandatory dlc and everyone having it will increase the ease of getting these trophies.

Thanks Velo.
Guess I'll skip it and save $2.99 for something else :)

I don't why some people gave it a great review if it's that buggy. But I guess that's their opinion and they enjoy it.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Hi,

I watched a couple of videos but can't really tell if it's that bad from the reviews I read.

If it's really crappy I don't want to waste my time downloading it (especially with my slow dsl connection).

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I only played it on 360, but I think the 360 version, which supposedly isn't as polished, is still worth $2.99.

I don't think it's a bad game at all. It's average and doesn't do anything unique, but it plays just fine, and I enjoyed my 4-5 hours with it enough to recommend it for $3. I can't comment on the trophy bugginess.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think it's a bad game at all. It's average and doesn't do anything unique, but it plays just fine, and I enjoyed my 4-5 hours with it enough to recommend it for $3. I can't comment on the trophy bugginess.[/QUOTE]

I tend to lean this way as well. I wouldn't pay a lot for it, but I thought it was a solid game.

I agree more with Velo. I was glad I didnt pay anything for hydrophobia. Not a quality title, just run of the mill and not worth any money to me as there are much better games out there, even for that low a price.

I'm going to get Storm. Was waiting impatiently for that game for the longest, and it just gets released when I have no money in my wallet >.

[quote name='Animekatt']I'm going to get Storm. Was waiting impatiently for that game for the longest, and it just gets released when I have no money in my wallet >.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I can't comment on the Move support, but the game is definitely not for everyone. You have to keep in mind that your character is a civilian caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, so if you get into a firefight, you will likely die. Rather, you're supposed to take out terrorists using the environment around you: if they're standing in water, you have to shoot a nearby circuit board to electrify the water and kill them, like it's an R-rated Home Alone or something.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I played through the most recent version that's on the 360. It's setup as a three part game. Unfortunately it doesn't feel like the first part of a trilogy, but the first third of a game. There's absolutely no resolution with any part of the story and based on the challenge room that unlocks when you complete it, the interesting gameplay isn't even in this part. The worst part about that is that there was news yesterday that the dev is in the process of shutting down, so don't expect for the game to ever be finished. And even though they've fixed quite a bit about the gameplay since its original launch, it's still not much fun. Even at free I'm not sure it's worth playing at this point if you'll never get to see the final 2/3 of the game.

PSA:
The saves for Burnout Paradise disc and Burnout Paradise download are not compatible, so if you had the game on disc and sold it, that save file will not work with the download version.

[quote name='guardian_owl']PSA:
The saves for Burnout Paradise disc and Burnout Paradise download are not compatible, so if you had the game on disc and sold it, that save file will not work with the download version.[/QUOTE]

well that sucks, but it saves me some money. thanks for the info.

So wait, we do or do not get the UMvC3 dlc free for Vita if we have it for MvC3? I skipped UMvC3 on PS3 since it was an bogus rerelease. I got the MvC3 dlc free from the SE so I never paid for it in the first place.

The MvC3 costume packs works and is free. Though, if you got Jill and Shuma through the Special Edition version, you cant currently get them free. Only if you actually paid for them seperately

[quote name='dgwillia006']The MvC3 costume packs works and is free. Though, if you got Jill and Shuma through the Special Edition version, you cant currently get them free. Only if you actually paid for them seperately[/QUOTE]

So this means I will be able to get them free? Just not yet? Shuma is fun.

No idea atm, Capcom claims they are looking into it. And people are raging over it.

So i guess its a wait and see sorta thing, took them a week to get just the MvC3 costume pack up for free (They forgot to add it with all the UMvC3 stuff

Ok peeps! Might as well say PSN, SEN, ABC...whatever... is offline for tomorrow(8:00 am Pacific and will last for "several"(lmao, hush!) hours, until approximately 10pm Pacific)!!!!!!! Better start downloading/playing online ASAP!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ok peeps! Might as well say PSN, SEN, ABC...whatever... is offline for tomorrow!!!!!!! Better start downloading/playing online ASAP![/QUOTE]
That means I may actually play something other than GTA tomorrow.:) Oh....the horror. THE HORROR!:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That means I may actually play something other than GTA tomorrow.:) Oh....the horror. THE HORROR!:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Lol. I edited it...

awesome no update, just got kz3 mp. damn, i got 25% of trophies after first round.
crazy map specific trophies, i got lucky on my first map at radec academy and got a vc9 rocket kill and killed 5 different ISA players. bling bling, that was random lucky. glad to see people actually playing on the dlc. flipped kz3 to bestbuy also, so woot. now to see if those unlock points i got from buying the strat guides still works.

UPDATE: We mentioned previously that for all you fans who purchase the Killzone 3 Multiplayer will receive a 24-hour double XP bonus & 3 free unlock points. Unfortunately, we’ve encountered a minor technical issue that will prevent the bonuses from being redeemed at this time. Rest assured however that the team is working quickly to resolve the issue and will deliver the bonuses to any customers that purchase the Killzone 3 Multiplayer very soon. We’ll have more details on progress very soon.
^From PS.Blog

[quote name='dgwillia006']According to Twitter the downtime got postponed to an unannounced date. Heres to hoping its not after March 6th

[quote name='nicodemus317']I'm a PS PLUS member and it's showing up as $14.99 for me. Anyone else having this problem!?[/QUOTE]

I just had the same issue. I went onto PSN to buy the KZ3 MP which people were claiming was $7.50 for Plus members. Well I have Plus and it's showing up as $14.99 for me. What gives? Am I missing something?

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I just had the same issue. I went onto PSN to buy the KZ3 MP which people were claiming was $7.50 for Plus members. Well I have Plus and it's showing up as $14.99 for me. What gives? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm a plus member and I saw it on Tuesday for $7.50, now it's $14.99 ... WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back