PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']have they done any patching with the kz3 multiplayer? matchmaking was pretty bad.... especially finding a DLC map. I ended up alone in rooms before, or joining games where before i entered it was 3v0. not to mention how badly tactician class was needed yet everyone would rather play a cloaking or disguise class and run out the timer.[/QUOTE]

People don't really understand how the matchmaking works, and I don't blame them, cause I didn't either until I found out how it works.

If you search for a specific map, you will get placed into a server that only has that map in rotation and almost nobody does that.

You have to search for any maps and then hope that the room will vote for a DLC map (which they generally do unless it's already been played).

Furthermore, people are separated based on how many DLC packs they own. If you only own two of the three, then you will play with people who only own two of the three. When I only had two packs, finding full rooms took awhile, when I bought the third pack, there was a significant increase in people that I could play with.

splitting players because of map packs is a surefire way to decimate a games playability. its pathetic how companies follow this CoD model thinking they can do this. No other game has enough players to make map packs cost extra and split it 3 times. They could charge extra for weapons and player skins and extra fun perks and make all the maps free, and I bet they would make MORE money doing it this way, since everyone would get free map drops they would jump back in the game and even buy the new addons.

doesnt this make sense to everyone else? instead of not being able to play with 75% of the rest of the world....

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']splitting players because of map packs is a surefire way to decimate a games playability. its pathetic how companies follow this CoD model thinking they can do this. No other game has enough players to make map packs cost extra and split it 3 times. They could charge extra for weapons and player skins and extra fun perks and make all the maps free, and I bet they would make MORE money doing it this way, since everyone would get free map drops they would jump back in the game and even buy the new addons.

doesnt this make sense to everyone else? instead of not being able to play with 75% of the rest of the world....[/QUOTE]
I honestly value extensive single player DLC more than I do multiplayer DLC. So if a piece of DLC adds 10 hours of gameplay to my sp experience for $10 I'll buy it. But mp stuff they'd have to give for free for me to even consider it most times. That is, unless it was something that made sure that level 1's got matched in games with level 1's and you didn't have the 24/7 players trouncing newbies like crazy.:razz:

i've been hoping RE 4 wins and i've been waiting for a sale, but is it even worth $10 if i already have the gamecube version?

the more i think about it, the only reason for me to buy it is so i don't have to hook up my gamecube to play it

am i wrong? is there any other reason for me to buy it? i don't really care about trophies and i heard the ps3 got kinda screwed with those

[quote name='Barry Burton']i've been hoping RE 4 wins and i've been waiting for a sale, but is it even worth $10 if i already have the gamecube version?

the more i think about it, the only reason for me to buy it is so i don't have to hook up my gamecube to play it

am i wrong? is there any other reason for me to buy it? i don't really care about trophies and i heard the ps3 got kinda screwed with those[/QUOTE]

Your user name is Barry Burton so I would say it's worth it?

I would say the Wii version is the best version to play through[quote name='Barry Burton']i've been hoping RE 4 wins and i've been waiting for a sale, but is it even worth $10 if i already have the gamecube version?

am i wrong? is there any other reason for me to buy it? i don't really care about trophies and i heard the ps3 got kinda screwed with those[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']I would say the Wii version is the best version to play through[/QUOTE]

I couldn't stand using the wii-mote/nunchuck combo to play it on wii. This was before I had a classic controller though, so maybe playing with that controller on the wii is better.

I still would rather finish it on my PS3 though.

I've read through this and have not seen this asked, so here it goes.

I am a plus member and have KZ3, but none of the DLC.
Is it worth getting the KZ3 MPpack just to get the DLC, or not even bother and just keep the regular MP on the disc?

[quote name='waldo21212']I couldn't stand using the wii-mote/nunchuck combo to play it on wii. This was before I had a classic controller though, so maybe playing with that controller on the wii is better.

I still would rather finish it on my PS3 though.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think the Wii verson of RE4 made the best use of the motion controlls. I suprised myself. I really enjoyed that version. I felt that it added to the experience and not just "slapped together".

[quote name='waldo21212']I couldn't stand using the wii-mote/nunchuck combo to play it on wii. This was before I had a classic controller though, so maybe playing with that controller on the wii is better.

I still would rather finish it on my PS3 though.[/QUOTE]

I think the controls in RE4Wii are the best....but the lack of true wide-screen drove everyone nuts. The borders cuz Capcom was lazy.

*shrugs*

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Your user name is Barry Burton so I would say it's worth it?[/QUOTE]

haha the first resident evil is my favorite game of all time, i have considered buying it on psn even though i have the original and the directors cut, just so i won't have to get off my ass to put the disc in

i thought 4 was a great game but it didn't feel like resident evil, which gives me less of a reason to hoard multiple copies of it

Wonkytoad, i would do it.
i traded in kz3 to bestbuy 12 base, and got kz3mp for 7.50.
i already platted kz3 and i dont redo single player fps' much, but i can play mp all day.
also all the maps/dlc/trophies are included and it is lots of fun so i think it is worth it.
also i would never play kz3 mp disk cuz im too lazy, but if its on the ps3 its easy.
id go for it.
also about my crazy xp last night, like ~50,000 xp a round. i think it stacked the x2 xp weekend with the x2 xp voucher they sent me, so i think i was getting x4 xp? it just seemed crazy alot. i think on a good game i would get 12k, so that makes more sense for x4 xp for me getting that much every round. fun playing with some cags too ;) only negative so far is kz3mp trophies aren't syncing... oh wellz

[quote name='dgwillia006']PSN Already down for you guys? 5:15 here in the east coast and its still up, but i heard its down on the West Coast[/QUOTE]
I tried to sign in right now, and it's down for me, I'm located in Massachusetts.

[quote name='dgwillia006']PSN Already down for you guys? 5:15 here in the east coast and its still up, but i heard its down on the West Coast[/QUOTE]
I just got the 80710D36 error code(can't sign into PSN) when I turned my system on just now. I'm on the east coast(5:29pm), so I'm guessing they finally took PSN down to start the maintenance here.:cry:

Oh well. Maybe I'll go visit my one buddy tonight n see how far along he is in my copy of Kingdoms Of Amalur.

Is there a way to buy PSN cards/codes online instead of going to a store? Amazon sells MS point cards and then they just give you the code, but I don't see an option for PSN cards on -amazon.

I'm apprehensive about giving my CC to PS3 or 360 because of how shady their security and auto-charging is, so I prefer to just use codes.

[quote name='NoHo']Is there a way to buy PSN cards/codes online instead of going to a store? Amazon sells MS point cards and then they just give you the code, but I don't see an option for PSN cards on -amazon.

I'm apprehensive about giving my CC to PS3 or 360 because of how shady their security and auto-charging is, so I prefer to just use codes.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has digital delivery codes - and they don't charge tax on them (at least they didn't last time I bought a $50 psn card from them).

Hmm... I wonder if I can download this Vita version of Motorstorm RC with my PS3? So when I finally get a Vita system I won't have to pay for the Vita version.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm... I wonder if I can download this Vita version of Motorstorm RC with my PS3? So when I finally get a Vita system I won't have to pay for the Vita version.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you can do that. I downloaded those 2 free PSP games Sony gave away in the summer during the welcome back program. They are still in my download list.

[quote name='NoHo']Is there a way to buy PSN cards/codes online instead of going to a store? Amazon sells MS point cards and then they just give you the code, but I don't see an option for PSN cards on -amazon.

I'm apprehensive about giving my CC to PS3 or 360 because of how shady their security and auto-charging is, so I prefer to just use codes.[/QUOTE]
Amazon stopped selling PSN codes a while ago for some reason.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']And they just announced the content for tomorrow!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/05/playstation-plus-in-march-early-journey-access-free-sly-cooper-street-fighter-and-more/[/QUOTE]

Damn, i hate Sony when they do this. Once I buy something, it'll go free for PSN plus subscribers...and I am a Plus Subscriber :lol: Already have Sly Collection and SSFII Turbo Remix

Anyways, anyone still having trouble redeeming? I keep getting "This service is currently undergoing maintenance."

[quote name='lupe guillotine']And they just announced the content for tomorrow!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/05/playstation-plus-in-march-early-journey-access-free-sly-cooper-street-fighter-and-more/[/QUOTE]
They have a bit of conflicting information on that page though. It says the Journey free dynamic theme is gonna be available on the 13th in the image at the top of the screen. Then at the bottom it's the 20th.

Since I used my free PS+ codes from that email Sony sent and the one I got from a deal I made here on CAG I'm good till June sometime on PS+. So I'm grabbing everything that's free forever(themes/avatars) that I can and as many discounted items as I may be interested in.;)

[quote name='vlv723']Damn, i hate Sony when they do this. Once I buy something, it'll go free for PSN plus subscribers...and I am a Plus Subscriber :lol: Already have Sly Collection and SSFII Turbo Remix

[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean! I bought the Majong game, SSFII Turbo, and probably another title(s) when they were on sale. Only to discover they would become free.

Kind of wish I could get like a partial refund for buying games that end up free. Probably never going to happen.

Edit: Oh cool, just noticed the PS1 game Um Jammer Lammy is going to be a PS+ freebie as well. It is good to see PS1 games that I actually own on disc appear as freebies so I can have a digital copy as well. I wouldn't mind Parappa the Rapper 2 as a PS2 classic since I missed out on that game.

As awesome as PS+ was in February, its almost equally as unawesome for March. Maybe we'll get some sweet discounts for Spring Fever, but judging by last year im not holding my breath.

I might give Sly another try now that its free. Hope that means the other part of the Sly trilogy will be free later as well. Even though I dont plan on getting a Vita anytime soon, I might go ahead and get the PS3 version of Motorstorm since its discounted for plus and so I can download the Vita version free at some point later.

EDIT: Maybe I am getting things crossed up, it seems that the Vita version alone is free for a limited time. My bad.

[quote name='wrencrest']I might give Sly another try now that its free. Hope that means the other part of the Sly trilogy will be free later as well. Even though I dont plan on getting a Vita anytime soon, I might go ahead and get the PS3 version of Motorstorm since its discounted for plus and so I can download the Vita version free at some point later.

EDIT: Maybe I am getting things crossed up, it seems that the Vita version alone is free for a limited time. My bad.[/QUOTE]

I would think that you could "buy" the vita version now to add it to your download history, in case you ever get a vita.

Also, I think I speak for a lot of sly collection owners that are hoping the other 2 titles do NOT go free anytime in the near future.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, I think I speak for a lot of sly collection owners that are hoping the other 2 titles do NOT go free anytime in the near future.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Although I only payed $19.99 for Sly Triology shortly after it came out, I will still be annoyed if they use up 3 full months to give them away as Plus freebies. I still have Sly 3 to play through.

If you guys have the Gamer's Club Unlocked thing at Best Buy, you could get the whole Sly Collection for $8 after the $10 off pre-owned games coupon from the @Gamer magazine and the GCU 10% discount.

I've already played, beat, and Platinumed the first Sly Cooper so I really have no interest in that. I'm hoping they don't give away the others in the following months because I literally just got my hands on a copy of the Sly Collection via a trade here on CAG.

Don't really care about Street Fighter either. I had it from a gameshared account way back when and hardly played it. The lack of trophies doesn't really help in my case either.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Is this PS2 Sly or HD Sly?[/QUOTE]

It's the HD Sly 1. The remastered version from the PS2 original.

From Blog: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (part of the Sly Collection) Is fully remastered in HD with Trophy support

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']It's the HD Sly 1. The remastered version from the PS2 original.

From Blog: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (part of the Sly Collection) Is fully remastered in HD with Trophy support[/QUOTE]

Thank you 1-year Plus sub for $15.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Looks like my PS2 copy of Sly Cooper is going to GameStop this week...[/QUOTE]

you'll be about 50 cents richer lol

[quote name='Barry Burton']you'll be about 50 cents richer lol[/QUOTE]

I know, but I don't know what else to do with it and I can use the space. I know it aint worth jack right now.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I agree. Although I only payed $19.99 for Sly Triology shortly after it came out, I will still be annoyed if they use up 3 full months to give them away as Plus freebies. I still have Sly 3 to play through.[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't worry about that. The underlying purpose of this freebie is to get people interested in the trilogy and maybe go out and buy it (or buy it from PSN) AND to drive interest in Sly 4.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, apparently the whole store is updating tonight at midnight for ME3. I think...[/QUOTE]

Apparently only the ME3 digital download will be made available at midnight and the normal PSN update will come at the usual time.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I know, but I don't know what else to do with it and I can use the space. I know it aint worth jack right now.[/QUOTE]
If it's mint, complete and non greatest hits, you might wanna consider putting it up for trade/sale on here for the collectors out there. Either that or put it up on eBay and be sure to mention if it's complete/mint/non-GH as you might get someone wanting a physical copy for their collection there as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If it's mint, complete and non greatest hits, you might wanna consider putting it up for trade/sale on here for the collectors out there. Either that or put it up on eBay and be sure to mention if it's complete/mint/non-GH as you might get someone wanting a physical copy for their collection there as well.[/QUOTE]

It is a GH version which I picked up new at Five Below, so I'd doubt I'd get much for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back