PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I dont know how much I'd like sitting at the TV playing vs the phone while in waiting rooms, on the crapper, etc.
Yeah for me the game is very much going to be something I play while watching tv/listening to a podcast, thankfully though I do all those things on my laptop so playing this on the tv isn't the end of the world. A vita version of this would have been the best though.

The only thing I'll add is the covers are also how you recruit new characters. In the android version, you have to collect enough of one of the gold currency to unlock roster spots. You can also dismiss a current character to free up a spot. I'll say that I play it every day mostly. I havent spent real money on it and still manage to have fun with it. Though I dont know how much I'd like sitting at the TV playing vs the phone while in waiting rooms, on the crapper, etc.

I never finished the original Puzzle Quest on the DS. I got to the final boss and kept getting my ass handed to me!
Thanks for the extra info. I tried to play it on my phone, but the online only requirement largely killed my interest. I can easily have podcasts, videos, movies, Netflix, etc. going on my PC, phone, etc while playing this that it's a great fit for me.

How do you find these deals?
Talus-Dome-Edmonton-940x680.jpg

The only thing I'll add is the covers are also how you recruit new characters. In the android version, you have to collect enough of one of the gold currency to unlock roster spots. You can also dismiss a current character to free up a spot. I'll say that I play it every day mostly. I havent spent real money on it and still manage to have fun with it. Though I dont know how much I'd like sitting at the TV playing vs the phone while in waiting rooms, on the crapper, etc.

I never finished the original Puzzle Quest on the DS. I got to the final boss and kept getting my ass handed to me!
Yeah, I haven't played the mobile game in some time, but without familiarity with it I'd be totally lost in the console version because they don't explain much, and it seems like covers just randomly drop, so I've been replaying earlier levels to get more covers. It would be great if they explained any of it for newbies.

It's also much less intuitive because you have to click l1 to switch over to browse the powers instead of the simpler touch controls. But for 1.50 without the p2w, I'll take it.

Assuming its the same PS4 vs Android. Additional covers let you add attacks to any character. There are 3 colors for each hero and each one can go up to level 5 BUT you can only have 13 covers total (5/5/3, 5/3/5, 4/4/5, etc). You can also increase the total level of the character which gives more HP, more attack power for every color (3 stronger ones and 3 weaker ones) when you match 3 and more attack power for the special attacks.

A sword icon increases the total attack of any move. A shield icon decreases the enemy's attack on you. A fist icon does damage after your turn is over (and can be influenced by swords).

Yes, you have to pick your team every time. The trick is finding synergy and covering as many covers as possible (so every match does bigger damage) and using passive attacks.

Like if Professor X is in the game, you would combine him with 3-star Scarlet Witch and 3-star Black Widow. Scarlet Witch has a passive attack that puts a countdown tile which turns surrounding tiles into purple. When the purples appear, you might get 5 in a row which activates Prof X's passive which actually does 1000's of damage to the enemy, Even if you don't get 5 in a row, if you collect enough purple, you can fire Black Widows purple power which adds green tiles to the board (and you pick where). Of course, you can make more 5 in a rows and get more Prof X auto attacks. When you have enough green, you can use Black Widow's special attack which blows a big hole in the board and dose big damage to the whole enemy team.

If you play your cards right, you can set up many moves in succession (unlike traditional PQ). Most special attacks don't end your turn. Goons/generic characters don't make moves but automatically acquire colors that other characters can use in their attacks.
Man seems like this Marvel Puzzle Quest is more confusing than Bitcoin.

Have been without PSPlus since August and fought away the urges I had from the recent sales on subs. Now that I see this sale, I know I’d save enough to justify purchasing a PS+ sub now. Bet all those discounts are gone now, aren’t they?

Assuming its the same PS4 vs Android. Additional covers let you add attacks to any character. There are 3 colors for each hero and each one can go up to level 5 BUT you can only have 13 covers total (5/5/3, 5/3/5, 4/4/5, etc). You can also increase the total level of the character which gives more HP, more attack power for every color (3 stronger ones and 3 weaker ones) when you match 3 and more attack power for the special attacks.

A sword icon increases the total attack of any move. A shield icon decreases the enemy's attack on you. A fist icon does damage after your turn is over (and can be influenced by swords).

Yes, you have to pick your team every time. The trick is finding synergy and covering as many covers as possible (so every match does bigger damage) and using passive attacks.

Like if Professor X is in the game, you would combine him with 3-star Scarlet Witch and 3-star Black Widow. Scarlet Witch has a passive attack that puts a countdown tile which turns surrounding tiles into purple. When the purples appear, you might get 5 in a row which activates Prof X's passive which actually does 1000's of damage to the enemy, Even if you don't get 5 in a row, if you collect enough purple, you can fire Black Widows purple power which adds green tiles to the board (and you pick where). Of course, you can make more 5 in a rows and get more Prof X auto attacks. When you have enough green, you can use Black Widow's special attack which blows a big hole in the board and dose big damage to the whole enemy team.

If you play your cards right, you can set up many moves in succession (unlike traditional PQ). Most special attacks don't end your turn. Goons/generic characters don't make moves but automatically acquire colors that other characters can use in their attacks.
I play both versions. They're similar, but not quite the same. As AoA says, on the mobile/Steam F2P versions of the game, characters are limited to 13 total covers, so 5/3/5, 5/5/3, 3/5/5, 4/5/5, etc are your coverage patterns.

Console MPQ doesn't have those limitations because there's no F2P mechanic to go "oh gosh darn phooey you pulled a 6th cover you can't use maybe you should spend money on another pull and try to get a cover you CAN use so you can champion the character and redeem that unusable cover for additional rewards." So any character you build, you can build 5/5/5 on the console versions. Also, there's no rarity divisions (which is goofy since they kept the character variants in the console version), so everybody is able to reach the same level cap.

Most of the rest of AoA's commentary here is correct. Only other addendum I've got is that the total character roster is different between the versions, partially because the F2P nature of mobile/Steam is that there are always new characters being released to keep people reaching for their wallets, and the console version did kind of a pro forma attempt at DLC characters, but basically stopped bothering with that at release. So the console roster more or less stops right about where the F2P version introduced 4* characters. Nick Fury and She-Thor are in the game from the 4* tier, I think. Maybe X-Force Wolverine. And that's about it. Anybody released on the freemium game after that isn't in the console version.

But the gameplay mechanics are functionally identical (save for, obviously, mechanics introduced with new characters since the code base split) and the console version has the added bonus of being able to do both local and online multiplayer, where the freemium version pits you against an AI-controlled instance of somebody else's roster.

I play both versions. They're similar, but not quite the same.
So as someone who plays both, is it worth me getting it?

I'm at day 1500 so I've played probably all of the PvE missions up to the level of character development you described 100's of times.

I'm very likely to plunk down the buck fifty maybe just to go through it again. And couch PvP might be fun with the kids.

Honestly, I'll play it like three times and then go back to not finishing other games.

Yeah, I haven't played the mobile game in some time, but without familiarity with it I'd be totally lost in the console version because they don't explain much, and it seems like covers just randomly drop, so I've been replaying earlier levels to get more covers. It would be great if they explained any of it for newbies.

It's also much less intuitive because you have to click l1 to switch over to browse the powers instead of the simpler touch controls. But for 1.50 without the p2w, I'll take it.
In fairness, I don't recall there being much of a tutorial in the Android version either. I learned most of the stuff from other players. Once you had to play as Gwenpool and she has a power that changes depending on what code you input and the game in Deadpool 4th wall break fashion says 'go read a FAQ'. Also, when I joined an alliance, they told me what I needed to do to improve.

^What about when people buy games just to get more/easy trophies?
I think the whole argument is silly. We are playing video games and do various things in game to get to the end of game and beat it. All made up objectives and challenges. To someone who doesn't play video games this looks silly to them. So you spend 8-22 hour (or whatever) shooting bad guy after bad guy, chapter after chapter just so you can get to the final chapter and beat the last boss?

I never was fanatical about trophies/achievements. There was a time in another dead thread where we had a friendly competition to see who could get the most plats or whatever each month or finish the most games or whatever. We would look at each others stats month to month. It was fun. I really didn't buy games I thought were crap just for easy plats. I agree with another poster who said it is interesting looking at other peoples trophies and achievements to see what they played and what they fully completed.

I had a 2DS for a while didn't play it much. I missed the trophy or achievement pop. If I like a game and feel the achievements aren't out of my reach I will give it a go. Just another pointless milestone.

After playing P4DAN I'm tempted to jump into another rhythm game like Superbeat but looking at videos it seems like it might be a bit too much for me. Maybe wait for a Hatsune Miku game instead.

Thank you! I will get in on the community and likely pick up a few more of those tables. I wish the Fox tables appealed to me more but I’ve only ever seen Family Guy.

I am leaning towards the sci fi pack and maybe the essentials one (is that the one with pasha and bio lab? I liked those in fx2). I didn’t like the universal tables but might give them another shot. The demo timer is way too short.
Yeah, the Fox pack is my least favorite, I was focusing in on beginner friendly.

Bob's Burgers is a must watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFr-kNbXHew

I like how people are arguing over whether this is a bug or not when the only true way to know is if you have the business logic in hand. This could be WAD or a bug, but we’ll never know! Because even if they change it, that could be considered “fixing a bug” or “improvement of code”....let it go....
true. My main point was that it seems like an easy thing to fix, whatever you want to call it. Main point got swept under the rug by trivial, unrelated debate of semantics.

After playing P4DAN I'm tempted to jump into another rhythm game like Superbeat but looking at videos it seems like it might be a bit too much for me. Maybe wait for a Hatsune Miku game instead.
Yeah, P4DAN is a great beginner rhythm game and Superbeat Xonic more for vets. Hatsune Miku is probably a good follow up.

Anybody that signed up for the Tera beta on PS4 should check their email, as there's a survey out now asking for specifics to get in first that expires in a few hours.

How is EVE: Valkyrie Warzone for non-VR players? Love a good arcade space shooter. Somehow missed that it was in this sale.

How is EVE: Valkyrie Warzone for non-VR players? Love a good arcade space shooter. Somehow missed that it was in this sale.
I played a bit outside VR. CCP is working extremely hard to build a community but it's a MP shooter really and I've felt it's been kinda empty in the few times I log on and play to try a new map or feature. As a game its decent enough with a good ship selection, lots of cosmetic stuff, and some modest power and item customization.

Yisssss.  All Superbeat Xonic DLC is mine.  And I can't wait to double dip if there's Superbeat DLC for next year's DJ Max US release :D

Would anyone recommend the Hitman GOTY upgrade? I have the first season, but it’s still in my backlog. Just wondered if the exclusive patient zero campaign is worth $12.

Would anyone recommend the Hitman GOTY upgrade? I have the first season, but it’s still in my backlog. Just wondered if the exclusive patient zero campaign is worth $12.
There's a ton of content in the game already (plus elusive targets are back). I'd say wait until you've played through everything before getting the upgrade. It will be on sale again.

I liked the single player BF2 stuff.  I rented it at Red Box but didn't have time to do the online multi.  I beat the game and most of the single player arcade.  Great game.

Am I crazy or does the Telltale games cloud save stuff not work on the PS4? Can't find the option for it anywhere and it certainly isn't working automatically after signing in. The support page only mentions computers and mobile, which would be a real bummer.

Edit: Looks like it really is just for computers and mobile other than for Walking Dead Season 2 which lets you upload a save. Of course, that means that after logging into my Telltale account it lets me see the games I have played but there's nothing there when I try to look at game stats.

Finally done processing all the items from this sale, and... those end dates leave me a little confounded. Like, I have end dates at 12/26, 1/2, and 1/16.

I guess I'll wail till next week's sale, since I want to buy 10 things and max out my 15% coupon from rewards. Annoying.

That feel when I stopped receiving weekly newsletters and promotional codes in 2016 for whatever reason

probably due to a silly black list,

https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/PlayStation-Network-Support.topic.100.25.html/sign_in_playstation-7UiR
What's this about a blacklist? That link isn't working for me.

URL is fine here; short url just in case 

https://goo.gl/19LNuF

In 2016 several psn members stopped receiving newsletters and promotional codes, only payment receipts, people been complaining a lot but all sony recommends is to 

1. Disable/enable advertising tickets

2. Changing your email provider

3. Check your spam folder.

I even tried changing my psn id with 5 different email providers. No results. and I am not the only one

Just got a 20% off code in the weekly e-mail.  Was hoping for 1 for this sale plus SWBF2 spotlight combo.  BAM Christmas presents for me & the kids = DONE!   :D/  :applause:  :joystick:  :whee:​ 

Nope, the discussion's about the present, not the past. You can earn Sony Rewards for anything you're playing right now.
The past is included in the discussion of trophies since peoples trophies that they earned prior don't count. Those trophies are still worthless so technically he still does have a point. Not like the rewards program is very useful considering the amount you earn in virtual currency isn't = to the time invested. But that's a different argument.

It's really good for the new versions of the existing missions and the extra costumes that are included, but if you haven't played through the first season, you should wait until you rectify that immediately.

Was already in a bad mood when I clicked on this thread and now it's worse! Darn sony and their not sending me emails even though I am signed up to receive them.

It's really stupid they can't fix that problem. They know about it and instead of just allowing a global coupon where people can put the discount code in they screw half the PSN users. Their system is completely broke and they obviously can't fix it. I made a second PSN not too long ago and I have all the promotional emails accepted. I tried different email providers. Nope. Broke on their end and when you ask them to fix it they go silent because they don't know what the problem is.

Sony is the only company I've ever seen where they don't want to email people who want their advertisements. I'm honestly not surprised. It probably has something to do with their archaic infrastructure. When you redeem something on their Sony Rewards for instance it took me 2 weeks just to get a PSN $10 code whereas everywhere else gets it instantly. Sony living in the stone age. My Sony Bravia smart TV use to get really slow Netflix routed through their servers while no other device had issues. Slow downloads on PS4 because they route US traffic through Tokyo servers. My trophies sometimes take forever to sync in Sony Rewards(or PSN). Sony going to Sony. Don't forget what was revealed when that great hacking on PSN happened years ago. They were running 10-year-old severs without patches. Pretty pathetic so when you look at all their other services it's easy to see why they screw so many people over with their email promotions. They can't even do the basics correctly.

Hilariously enough the $10 code I got from sony rewards came the day I put in the order, I was shocked.

I feel this balances out though because half the time I try to use the website pages just don't load. 

Grrr i am so mad, i got my 20% off psn coupon but just minutes ago, i spent $73 on psn, i havent spent that much on psn in a long time either

i did use my 15% off coupon but still, that code ended next year, this coupon ends christmas. I even waited til today to use the coupon in case a flash sale happend

Am I crazy or does the Telltale games cloud save stuff not work on the PS4? Can't find the option for it anywhere and it certainly isn't working automatically after signing in. The support page only mentions computers and mobile, which would be a real bummer.

Edit: Looks like it really is just for computers and mobile other than for Walking Dead Season 2 which lets you upload a save. Of course, that means that after logging into my Telltale account it lets me see the games I have played but there's nothing there when I try to look at game stats.
I had the same fucking problem with The Walking Dead season 2 (multiple times). I couldn't import to season 3. I ended up getting a randomly generated storyline which pissed me off because I replayed it just so I could get it perfect. The same thing may have happened for Batman and Minecraft. Your best bet is to to "recreate" your story to the best of your ability, even though every single little story point won't be right. But for the most part, the decisions don't make that big a difference (especially if you've played through a couple times just to see different endings).

Got a 20% off code in my email. No reason to share other than to try and make other people feel pissy.
tumblr_ovzdvuY6c01wzvt9qo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back