PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately its usually when they go gold early, but keep working on the game, when you end up with the massive day 1 patches.
Fair point. I guess I just live in a fantasy land where going gold before the last minute means you're pretty satisfied with your product as-is.

Most retail games go gold at least a month early.
I feel like every article I've read about retail games going gold early these days is around the 2 week mark, but I guess that's probably the outliers.

For example, I remember Dishonored 2 went gold on Nov. 1st and had a release date of Nov. 11th. That's probably an extreme example though.

In terms of more recent releases, Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 have gaps of a little under a month each. Horizon: Zero Dawn was about an 18 day gap and Nioh was about 23 days.

So 2 weeks to 1 month is the pattern I'm seeing.

Great sale and we should be getting a flash sale this week or next also..

Looking at:

Salt and Sanctuary

N++

Cosmic Star Heroine

Sheltered

Escapists (maybe, already own the base version on Xbox thanks to GWG)
If you are considering the 2 escapists (regular + escapist walking dead) and Sheltered you should look at the team17 hero bundle as it includes those 3 items + LA Cops for less than the cost of Sheltered + the Escapist 2 pack

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/team17-indie-heroes/cid=UP4064-CUSA04182_00-T17INDIEBUN00001.

Then you can buy the DLC bundle for escapist which is on sale.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/the-escapists-dlc-bundle/cid=UP4064-CUSA01880_00-THEESCAPISTSBU00

If you are not wanting Escapist WD or LA Cops though, it's cheaper to get supermax and sheltered piecemeal.

How much crafting is in Salt and Sanctuary and is it critical to success? There are few gaming elements I loathe more than that and don't want to buy it if it's a big part of it.
There is a decent amount of crafing. You use a combination of salt (a combo of currency / xp), purchasable consumables, and enemy drops to upgrade weapons and armor.

You also can use one time boss drops (their ashes) and rare consumable items to change one class of weapon (such as all two-handed hammer weapons) into a new, unique boss weapon. That's a core difference from the Dark Souls boss weapon system, Dark Souls just requires the boss soul, currency, and the base weapon, whereas S&S adds an item of limited quantity to the recipe. The higher the quality of the boss weapon, the more rare the item required.

Another limiting factor is depending on what Creed (covenant) you choose to join it might be difficult / impossible to get duplicates of certain classes of weapon which limits how many similar classes of boss weapons you can transmute. For instance, you only ever find one Greathammer class weapon which means unless you level a specific creed, you cannot have 2 different greathammer boss weapons in your arsenal.

I would say as long as you don't run past a lot of enemies or go too crazy doing upgrades you should have enough to transmute a few boss weapon, but you might have to farm enemies to fully upgrade a set of armor and weapons. A lot of stuff required for upgrades can't be bought from vendors and must be farmed from certain enemy types. Leveling up creeds also requires farming enemy drops.

Flash sale started a day early. Aside from a couple Zen Pinball tables I needed, I'm not very impressed.
Yeah, I just scrolled through the 12 or 13 pages and there's nothing that particularly stood out to me as an amazing deal.

The MUA bundle is a historical low, I guess?

LEGO Harry Potter Bundle for PS4 is $7.50 which I suppose isn't too bad. Return to Arkham Bundle is $16, which also isn't terrible.

Still waiting on my PS $10 Store code from Sony Rewards (Day 2 and counting ....) which I don't recall it taking this long in the past but we'll see how long the wait is (for whatever reason). Maybe it'll post before the Flash Sale ends. Looking at LEGO Harry Potter and a few Pinball tables I don't have for the PS4. 

Thinking of grabbing Witness, Salt and Sanctuary and possibly Cosmic Star Heroine, Witness I am basically sold on, can anyone whos played Salt and Sanctuary and/or Cosmic Star Heroine sell me on those at the prices they are at?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/20/chromagun-is-like-portal-except-its-not-and-its-coming-to-playstation-4-august-22/

Chromagun is coming to PS4 on 8/22, which the devs reference Portal several times in describing the game.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/20/pyre-out-tuesday-enhanced-for-ps4-pro-50-trophies-new-launch-trailer/

Launch post for Pyre, which is out next week. It has native 4K support, a full platinum trophy list, and the pre-order discount is obviously still active.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRBK1h_xFyY

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/20/tension-weapons-and-powers-new-details-on-absolvers-intricate-combat-system/

Details on Absolver's combat system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUL1rXukoig

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/20/anatomy-of-a-remaster-the-making-of-rogue-trooper-redux/

New behind the scenes details on Rogue Trooper Redux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=132H_N8xurw

Still waiting on my PS $10 Store code from Sony Rewards (Day 2 and counting ....) which I don't recall it taking this long in the past but we'll see how long the wait is (for whatever reason). Maybe it'll post before the Flash Sale ends. Looking at LEGO Harry Potter and a few Pinball tables I don't have for the PS4.
if you buy the code using a CC (either partially or fully) then there is a delay, otherwise I have always gotten them immediately.

I'll wait for Black Friday prices for Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm guessing it will be $20. It's just $4.00, but I probably won't play it in the next four months anyway.

Hand of Fate is on sale.  This game is one of my PS4 favorites so far.    It's sort of a solo deck builder with quests and tons of unlockables?

Basically, you start out with a deck of cards, and it's shuffled.  That's your adventure for this 'game'.   Enemies, special locations, quests, treasure chests, etc all have a card.    Where it gets really cool is that as you succeed on various cards [say, you meet a wise wizard who gives you a quest', or you befriend a guy in a tavern, or you let a wounded enemy you see live, you unlock new cards. 

So then, between games, you remove the cards you don't care about and add ones you do [stage 1 of that wizard quest replaces meeting the wizard, for example].  This is also how you add new weapons and armor and such, removing the crappy stuff so you never see it again.  

Some of the quests are quite long, requiring difficult criteria for success.  That simple befriending of a guy in a tavern may eventually lead you to a wild sea adventure 3 quests in the chain later, and the getting a really cool weapon.

Combat is simple yet effective.  If you're in a fight, you have a  sort of arena come up, and you fight with a sort of weapon/armor based batman style combat.  It's not AAA, more like 'just well done enough to be fun and effective'.    There's also a lot of strategy in the deck building - say you know you have a lot of skeleton enemies in the deck [due to your quests, etc], you might put a special sword in there too, and then remove it for a different weapon once you clear those enemies.

There are a lot of boss fights [the royalty of each 'suit' in the card deck], and they're all fun.   It's a difficult game at time, but never impossible, especially if you load up your deck well.

Each boss you're currently working on adds their own 'non-removable' cards to your deck.  For example, a Rat King will add lots of rats to your deck, although sometimes you'll be able to remove some if you clear certain quest criteria, eventually working your way through so that you're ready to kill that Rat King.

So... deckbuilder, adventure RPG, lewt,  permadeath per run [though you change your deck between games, so between that and shuffling I never grew bored].....

If this sounds interesting, watch some video of it.   It's a hidden gem for sure.  I plat'd it - there is a ton of content in there. 

if you buy the code using a CC (either partially or fully) then there is a delay, otherwise I have always gotten them immediately.
This time I actually cashed in some of my rewards I had earned from using my Sony Visa card. It is odd b/c in the past, yeah, I received my code within a minute or less but this time? Not so much. :(

This time I actually cashed in some of my rewards I had earned from using my Sony Visa card. It is odd b/c in the past, yeah, I received my code within a minute or less but this time? Not so much. :(
I've always have gotten them immediately. There also is a link on the order confirmation page to get the code - no need to wait for an email.

But... I decided to check sony rewards and I had enuff to get a $10 code. First time I didn't get the code immediately. Bunmer, hope this isn't a trend. :shock:

I wish the Hamster arcade archive games would go on sale every once in a while. There's a few I wouldn't mind picking up but not at 8 bucks a pop.
Same. If they go on sale their are quite a few I'd buy, but at $8 each they're just a bit too much. Neo Geo games hold up very well for these conversions, they look and play great.

I've never used a CC on their site and have had a day or two's delay most of the time.
Must've gotten lucky before with my timing then. Though I don't know how long it took for the emails because all my order confirmation pages have had a link, "Get your coupon", which displayed a pop-up with the code. This last time was the first without the link. No real biggie, though I tend to forget to check my email sometimes and may forget that I even ordered this in a few days (work, old age, aadd, old age).

I've always have gotten them immediately. There also is a link on the order confirmation page to get the code - no need to wait for an email.

But... I decided to check sony rewards and I had enuff to get a $10 code. First time I didn't get the code immediately. Bunmer, hope this isn't a trend. :shock:
Yeah I checked my order confirm page, too but alas, no link or code visible there. I'll give it a couple of more days and maybe email them if not received after 5 days. Maybe there is a backlog or something with codes. I know they had an issue 2 days ago with the Spider-man movie stub reward submission process b/c I was one of the submitters who had issues trying to get my info to go thru on their site which they did advise me was a website issue at the time.

Yeah I checked my order confirm page, too but alas, no link or code visible there. I'll give it a couple of more days and maybe email them if not received after 5 days. Maybe there is a backlog or something with codes. I know they had an issue 2 days ago with the Spider-man movie stub reward submission process b/c I was one of the submitters who had issues trying to get my info to go thru on their site which they did advise me was a website issue at the time.
I will just have to be patient though the Flash Sale might be over before the 5 business days closes but we'll see how it goes. Maybe it's a sign for me not to buy anything else to add to my 144 game backlog LOL.

"Digital codes take up to 5 business days to be processed and will ship via email."

On the fence about salt & sanctuary. Hate to buy it then it be a PS+ free game in a few months. Also I wonder if switch will get the game?
https://twitter.com/skastudios/status/857304384018931712

It's possible, but the wait for a sale will be even longer if you're waiting for it to get to other platforms first.

Whats up with the PS Store? I can't seem to buy anything from the website.

a1p2kJ4.jpg

For those that pre-ordered Fallen Legion, what's your opinion of it? Personally, I have hit a wall at the second act boss. I didn't expect the game to be this difficult...

I will just have to be patient though the Flash Sale might be over before the 5 business days closes but we'll see how it goes. Maybe it's a sign for me not to buy anything else to add to my 144 game backlog LOL.

"Digital codes take up to 5 business days to be processed and will ship via email."
I used Sony Reward points for a $20 code Monday night, but still haven't received it (and in the past the code has always been on the order confirmation screen). My order status says "In Review"; never had this happen before.

For those that pre-ordered Fallen Legion, what's your opinion of it? Personally, I have hit a wall at the second act boss. I didn't expect the game to be this difficult...
Is that the thief bandit lady boss? That one is first one I died to, took me 5 or 6 tries to get the timing down on the blocks.

Overall I really like the game but the tutorial is really bad. You need to understand every mechanic in battle but the game never properly teaches you why each mechanic matters. Link attacks are the absolute worst offender as the tutorial for them just says you can trigger them by timing your attacks. No mention of when during an attack you can trigger them or how, just that with the right timing you can do it. I don't even think it mentions that link attacks are actually a special attack that replace the normal attack animation so you should be trying to trigger them constantly because they are typically very powerful.

Anyway, it took me almost the entire game but I finally figured out all that stuff and now I really love the combat in the game, I just wish it was explained better.

Is that the thief bandit lady boss? That one is first one I died to, took me 5 or 6 tries to get the timing down on the blocks.

Overall I really like the game but the tutorial is really bad. You need to understand every mechanic in battle but the game never properly teaches you why each mechanic matters. Link attacks are the absolute worst offender as the tutorial for them just says you can trigger them by timing your attacks. No mention of when during an attack you can trigger them or how, just that with the right timing you can do it. I don't even think it mentions that link attacks are actually a special attack that replace the normal attack animation so you should be trying to trigger them constantly because they are typically very powerful.

Anyway, it took me almost the entire game but I finally figured out all that stuff and now I really love the combat in the game, I just wish it was explained better.
Yeah, the bandit "lady". Not exactly what I was calling her though after my 15th retry. I switched out a party member and got some lucky tributes during the stage so I was finally able to kill her. I totally agree about things not being explained clearly enough. I think I have finally got the timing down for link attacks after a perfect block and after regular attacks with certain characters though. At the very least they could let you access the guide during the middle of a stage in case you forget what a tribute or relic actually does.

Can someone help me figure out something to play?   Despite my backlog, I'm really in the mood for a AA/AAA ps4 game.  Something light and fun, yet a traditional 'big' release.   I've already beat/plat'd the Far Crys, Wolfensteins, Mad Max, and Ghost Recon Wildlands [also Horizon, Uncharted]... but that's the kind of 'feel' I want.    Last gen, there seemed to be more in that AA zone [stuff like Red Faction Armageddon, Bulletstorm, etc] but this gen I'm struggling to think of anything.   [already did Sniper and Zombie Trilogy too].

I haven't played Just Cause 3 yet, nor Hitman [i know this gets solid feedback here, just waiting for the next digital sale].   So maybe JC3? though I feel like that will have a steep digital discount soon too.

Physical release would be nice, I have credit to burn.

I redeemed $10 a couple of weeks ago and it took about 5 days to finally show up. Apparently there's something that puts those points on hold. I knew someone else who was dealing with that and I thought it was odd because that was never the case for me, butt hen the next time I tried, it happened to me.

Can someone help me figure out something to play? Despite my backlog, I'm really in the mood for a AA/AAA ps4 game. Something light and fun, yet a traditional 'big' release. I've already beat/plat'd the Far Crys, Wolfensteins, Mad Max, and Ghost Recon Wildlands [also Horizon, Uncharted]... but that's the kind of 'feel' I want. Last gen, there seemed to be more in that AA zone [stuff like Red Faction Armageddon, Bulletstorm, etc] but this gen I'm struggling to think of anything. [already did Sniper and Zombie Trilogy too].

I haven't played Just Cause 3 yet, nor Hitman [i know this gets solid feedback here, just waiting for the next digital sale]. So maybe JC3? though I feel like that will have a steep digital discount soon too.

Physical release would be nice, I have credit to burn.
I know it's a week away, but if any retailer puts Doom down to $15 to match the digital sale next weekend then that could be a possibility based on the other games you've mentioned.

It's really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back