PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't it going to be sort of re-launched as a Free to Play title? Perhaps that will reinvigorate the multiplayer a bit, but also it would mean it would be Free to Play soon, so, decidedly not worth $1 (unless original purchasers get some perks I guess).

Unfortunately I didn't keep my PS3, otherwise the bundles are all fantastic.
It only went free to play on PC.

I realize Undertale is an indie game but thought when it was announced (at E3?) that it was coming to PS4 there was a lot of hype and people excited about it.

Is anyone else here buying it? Again, I honestly don’t know a whole lot about it due to not a lot being revealed in reviews but has some really high praise out there (Destructoid gave it a 10/10).
I have only played the Undertale demo on PC but I really didn't find it much fun. All the praise it was getting was baffling especially when it won Gamefaqs' "Best Game Ever" poll tournament a year or so ago.

Yeah it's really easy to get it. Half of the trophies are just donating gold to this dog shrine and the other half are just reaching certain points in the game that you'll reach by just playing the game. You'll get the platinum before you even finish the game.
Apparently the developer hates achievements/trophies so I am surprised it even has a Platinum. Seems like he didn't put much effort into them though if you can get the Plat before even finishing the game. I might give the game another chance someday for the easy Plat when it's on sale for 50% off or more.

Handball is mildly tempting at that price. Will grab the KoF characters to support the game even though I don't play a ton.

Grabbed Dragon Age Inquisitor Game of the Year Edition. Pretty good deal, considering the insane prices the physical version is going for on EBay (though the vanilla physical version can be had for $20 or less).

It seems like it may be the case that if you got the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack/Season Pass/Digital Deluxe/Explorer's Pack and are getting Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a result, you may also be able to pre-order the game for free and get the pre-order bonuses (dynamic theme and Jak & Daxter) with it.

The FAQ they have up on the Uncharted site directs you to pre-order it from the PS Store on the console (webstore probably also works), which effectively works like a normal pre-order:

Will I be able to pre-load Uncharted: The Lost Legacy if I own it as part of the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition, Triple Pack, or Explorer’s Pack?
1. For consumers who have purchased the Triple Pack, Explorer’s Pack, or Digital Deluxe Edition: to qualify for pre-loading Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, you must enter the PlayStation Store and search for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

2. The Uncharted: The Lost Legacy product page will appear and you must select the “Free” option and proceed with the instructions on screen to finalize your pre-load status.

3. Follow the steps below explaining how to set up the PS4 system for pre-load.

Automatically downloading pre-ordered content

1. To automatically download pre-ordered content: Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads] and make sure the option to automatically download is enabled.
  2. Content will pre-load onto the PS4 up to several days in advance of the release date. The content will not be playable until the official launch date.
To see how much time is left until pre-ordered content is available

1. Choose the [PlayStation Store] and press the X button.
  2. Search for the name of the game you pre-ordered. Once the name of the game appears, highlight it and press the X button.
  3. The product page will display a countdown timer that shows how much time is left until the release date.
You should get an email receipt during this processthanking you for pre-order along with being able to download the pre-order theme now and seeing the countdown until it's out. There are other parts of the FAQs that specifically mentions that it shouldn't work this way, but that's how it seems to have panned out. Congrats on paying $25 (or whatever prices the other versions cost) to get the $40 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and Jak and Daxter for a good long con.

Apparently the developer hates achievements/trophies so I am surprised it even has a Platinum. Seems like he didn't put much effort into them though if you can get the Plat before even finishing the game. I might give the game another chance someday for the easy Plat when it's on sale for 50% off or more.
Yeah I was surprised as well and it's not so much that he hates trophies/achievements, but just the factt that he just doesn't want them to influence the player in any way as to how they go about playing the game. He wanted people to play the game the way they see fit and not be motivated by achieving certain things to unlock an achievement. That's why the Steam version has no achievements at all.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/15/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-update-coming-to-uncharted-4-multiplayer/

With the upcoming release of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Uncharted 4's MP is getting an update with Lost Legacy skins, a new character (LL's villain), and a new co-op mode called Survival Arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djaBn7GgXE

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/15/eve-valkyrie-warzone-brings-new-ships-new-maps-no-vr-headset-required/

Eve: Valkyrie is getting a big free expansion on 9/26 with the game also being playable without PSVR and a price drop to $29.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HrkJdcTmyo

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/15/rock-of-ages-2-bigger-boulder-rolls-to-ps4-august-28/

Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder is coming to PS4 on 8/28 for $14.99 with no launch discount. There will be a $19.99 bundle that offers Rock of Ages 2, the $2 Classic Pack (Smiley boulder, an avatar, and three banners), and the original Rock of Ages. They're also releasing a Binding of Isaac-themed DLC pack that is free.

It seems like it may be the case that if you got the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack/Season Pass/Digital Deluxe/Explorer's Pack and are getting Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a result, you may also be able to pre-order the game for free and get the pre-order bonuses (dynamic theme and Jak & Daxter) with it.

The FAQ they have up on the Uncharted site directs you to pre-order it from the PS Store on the console (webstore probably also works), which effectively works like a normal pre-order:

You should get an email receipt during this processthanking you for pre-order along with being able to download the pre-order theme now and seeing the countdown until it's out. There are other parts of the FAQs that specifically mentions that it shouldn't work this way, but that's how it seems to have panned out. Congrats on paying $25 (or whatever prices the other versions cost) to get the $40 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and Jak and Daxter for a good long con.
So glad I checked into this thread

If I were to want a sports game to play alongside lengthy RPG's (kinda bored of defaulting to Diablo 3 for this purpose) and I wanted maybe a baseball game, would it be better to grab the cheaper option in MLB The Show 16 or wait for a sale/price drop for 17? 

​I have not played a baseball game since Tecmo Super Baseball on SNES, so roster wouldn't matter much. But if there are significant gameplay/graphics differences between the two that might​ matter a little bit. Also I'll probably only play offline so online population won't matter to me.

​Or I'd be open to other suggestions as well, as long as it doesn't have those cheesy story modes in it like the NBA 2K games. I was interested in those but that sorta ruined it for me. The way they talk you up like you're the next big thing even if you're garbage at playing it...

I realize Undertale is an indie game but thought when it was announced (at E3?) that it was coming to PS4 there was a lot of hype and people excited about it.

Is anyone else here buying it? Again, I honestly don’t know a whole lot about it due to not a lot being revealed in reviews but has some really high praise out there (Destructoid gave it a 10/10).
There's supposed to be a lot of choice as far as how you go through the game, and a lot of different types of characters.

I'm planning to get it

Yeah I was surprised as well and it's not so much that he hates trophies/achievements, but just the factt that he just doesn't want them to influence the player in any way as to how they go about playing the game. He wanted people to play the game the way they see fit and not be motivated by achieving certain things to unlock an achievement. That's why the Steam version has no achievements at all.
I can somewhat see his point but I think he really missed an opportunity to get more people to thoroughly explore the game. There should have at least been trophies for getting all three main endings. I'm sure there are going to be some who get all the trophies before the game is even over then move on without even finishing it. When I get around to playing the game, I will at least finish it even after earning the Plat but I doubt I play any further.

We are all free to enjoy games however we please, but holy shit I will never understand the reasoning behind what you just said.

Edit: As someone who has played through Undertale, I decided to check out the trophies. Clearly, he is mocking the idea of trophies and made them all easy and virtually unmissable out of spite. Perhaps by electing to not finish the game due to already "achieving" everything part of the way through, the developer is trying to weed certain people out?

If I were to want a sports game to play alongside lengthy RPG's (kinda bored of defaulting to Diablo 3 for this purpose) and I wanted maybe a baseball game, would it be better to grab the cheaper option in MLB The Show 16 or wait for a sale/price drop for 17?

​I have not played a baseball game since Tecmo Super Baseball on SNES, so roster wouldn't matter much. But if there are significant gameplay/graphics differences between the two that might​ matter a little bit. Also I'll probably only play offline so online population won't matter to me.

​Or I'd be open to other suggestions as well, as long as it doesn't have those cheesy story modes in it like the NBA 2K games. I was interested in those but that sorta ruined it for me. The way they talk you up like you're the next big thing even if you're garbage at playing it...
MLB The Show 17's career mode blows anything NBA 2K has done this generation by letting you have actual control of your player and his career decisions, so it's highly recommended. It even has a retro exhibition mode if you want a more classic style of baseball game.

Swery's new game has been revealed and it's coming to PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5l1B1wpH44

And it's up in a preview state on Fig before it's crowdfunding campaign begins at the start of next month:

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/the-good-life

The summary is that it's a life sim RPG about a photographer in a small English town that happens upon its dark secret.

​I have not played a baseball game since Tecmo Super Baseball on SNES, so roster wouldn't matter much. But if there are significant gameplay/graphics differences between the two that might​ matter a little bit. Also I'll probably only play offline so online population won't matter to me.

1. The show 17 is awesome. It will also be $20 by October if you can wait. The DLC stubs are already on sale this week.

2. If you want to try a cool sports rpg style game download this NBA Live 18 demo. I'm really enjoying it and I'm not even a huge NBA fan.

3. Also try Super Mega Baseball for PS4 it is super fun with cool upgrades and things that I think you'd enjoy based on your post.

So it did show up as free for me on the website. But I'm still at work so I can't tell if I got the preorder bonus until I get home. But I did receive a confirmation email for my "pre-order". Thanks Frisky for helping stretch my $25!

So it did show up as free for me on the website. But I'm still at work so I can't tell if I got the preorder bonus until I get home. But I did receive a confirmation email for my "pre-order". Thanks Frisky for helping stretch my $25!
It showed Free for me too, I have not received the dynamic theme or any indication I am receiving Jak & Daxter, we will see.

The show 17 physical was just 15.99 with gcu at Best Buy so there is your price point goal for that. I think digital 16 has been $9.99. They're both fun but fairly meh in the fun department but since you haven't played one recently it'll probably feel more fresh.

2k is the Madden of basketball to me, minimal improvement and innovation while this years NBA Live demo has a lot to enjoy with the single player mode. Even the multiplayer, 5 real players vs. CPU has been a ton of fun and very challenging. (Hint: pass the ball). NHL also looks promising as a fun side distraction this year.

Need some advice: just got Horizon Zero Dawn on sale and platted it. (Hold your panties ladies.) I enjoyed it but I'm tempted to flip it back to Best Buy for what equates to a cheap rental and then consider a rebuy on a complete edition after dlc is long released and the demand for that edition rises. Any arguments against this or say, sitting on it, preordering dlc at the discount and maybe trading it in for much less come November?

I think if it still trades in well and hopefully with a bonus get rid of it. I'm sure a complete edition will come out someday. Though the DLC is relatively cheap to pre-order as well...so your choice.

We are all free to enjoy games however we please, but holy shit I will never understand the reasoning behind what you just said.

Edit: As someone who has played through Undertale, I decided to check out the trophies. Clearly, he is mocking the idea of trophies and made them all easy and virtually unmissable out of spite. Perhaps by electing to not finish the game due to already "achieving" everything part of the way through, the developer is trying to weed certain people out?
That doesn't really make any sense, I mean there is no way to weed people out like that. If there is no trophy for beating the game that means there is no way to tell who got the plat and finished the game or who got the plat and quit playing.

If you want to take an actual cynical look at it you could just say that he made it so easy because it's a guaranteed way to sell extra copies. There are a shocking number of people that will jump on any game that has a fast and easy plat/100%. Just look at crap like My Name is Mayo.

Realistically I doubt he is that malicious though. I think the obvious answer is what Windy said, he just doesn't want the trophies to influence how someone approaches the game so he slapped something together. Personally I think that is a bit shortsighted and a backwards way to view things but whatever, doesn't matter one way or another.

I wasn't being serious about the intent of weeding people out, but I think it will end up happening with a certain segment of players.

I personally applaud the decision to lampoon trophies, like having to straight-up buy them in Nier: Automata because fuck you. If that is a person's motivation for purchasing a game, to get an easy fake trophy, they only have themselves to blame for missing out either on playing something more enjoyable or actually completing the experience.

In reading the Undertale trophies, they also included a " fuck you" set of trophies, which is awesome.

Got Undertale and absolutely love it so far. Sure it’s basic in presentation but the humor and fun little mechanics like avoiding attacks like a shmup mini-game, just make it so charming. I’m early in and understand it has more twists and an emotional tug so definitely looking forward to playing more.

Also picked up Guilty Gear xrD Revelator. Not a huge fighting game person but do like to play them on occasion and decided on it after reading it was friendly for beginners to the series. That said, I’m having trouble even getting past the tutorial. Some of the moves as simple as dashes seem awfully hard to do. Follow the directions and still don’t get it to do what it should do 90% of the time. We’ll see if it sinks in as far as what I’m doing wrong.

Also got Lawbreakers on the cheap and love it. Only problem with it is having no tutorial. Kind of confusing how some maps the gravity works naturally and others it doesn’t (and, yes, I know there are zones were the no gravity mechanics don’t exist at all). Odd decision on the devs part to include the tutorial in the PC version but not the PS4 version. Hope that is patched in. Still, it’s pretty dang fun. Kind of like Overwatch with no gravity.

Need some advice: just got Horizon Zero Dawn on sale and platted it. (Hold your panties ladies.) I enjoyed it but I'm tempted to flip it back to Best Buy for what equates to a cheap rental and then consider a rebuy on a complete edition after dlc is long released and the demand for that edition rises. Any arguments against this or say, sitting on it, preordering dlc at the discount and maybe trading it in for much less come November?
I platted and traded in in before they even announced the DLC. I don't feel any remorse. The story wrapped up fine, I'm sure I'll play the DLC, but it's so far away still to keep it.

I wasn't being serious about the intent of weeding people out, but I think it will end up happening with a certain segment of players.

I personally applaud the decision to lampoon trophies, like having to straight-up buy them in Nier: Automata because fuck you. If that is a person's motivation for purchasing a game, to get an easy fake trophy, they only have themselves to blame for missing out either on playing something more enjoyable or actually completing the experience.

In reading the Undertale trophies, they also included a " fuck you" set of trophies, which is awesome.
Hmm? There are no trophies in Nier that force you to buy them. The game just gives you the option to purchase them and you can't even buy all of them, just a certain subset. Also it takes multiple playthroughs of the game to get to the point where you can purchase them... There is also a pretty legit reason the option is there that I won't mention because spoilers. Needless to say though the idea of Nier lampooning trophies is really not true at all.

You'd have a point if the game forced you to spend gold to arbitrarily unlock a trophy but it doesn't do that at all.

Hmm? There are no trophies in Nier that force you to buy them. The game just gives you the option to purchase them and you can't even buy all of them, just a certain subset. Also it takes multiple playthroughs of the game to get to the point where you can purchase them... There is also a pretty legit reason the option is there that I won't mention because spoilers. Needless to say though the idea of Nier lampooning trophies is really not true at all.

You'd have a point if the game forced you to spend gold to arbitrarily unlock a trophy but it doesn't do that at all.
My apologies, then. That's what I read somewhere. I don't have the game myself, so either what I read was misleading or I misinterpreted it.

HELLO EVERYONE: 

HERE ARE MY TWO BITS ON Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, which is on sale for $16. 

This is an A+ game. There is plenty of strategy and it is so much fun, too. If you liked DA:O a lot, you will also like this game a lot. Granted, I recommend using a guide for the first portion of the game, and some of the puzzles are so insane you will need to go online. But, if you read and interact with everyone, you can figure them out, too. 

Anyway. My favorite part of this game was combat. Truly a challenging game with plenty of strategy. I loved it. Spent 100 hours on it. Prefer the PS4 version as I like sitting on my couch and playing with a controller. 

If you give this game a shot, and like games like this, you will really like it. 

I HAVE SPOKEN. 

My apologies, then. That's what I read somewhere. I don't have the game myself, so either what I read was misleading or I misinterpreted it.
Nier: Automata lets you buy almost any trophy, but it fits into the game and makes sense only if the entire thing is spoiled.

Also picked up Guilty Gear xrD Revelator. Not a huge fighting game person but do like to play them on occasion and decided on it after reading it was friendly for beginners to the series. That said, I’m having trouble even getting past the tutorial. Some of the moves as simple as dashes seem awfully hard to do. Follow the directions and still don’t get it to do what it should do 90% of the time. We’ll see if it sinks in as far as what I’m doing wrong.
There's really no such thing as a friendly fighting game for beginners. The friendliness of Guilty Gear is probably how robust the tutorial is, so the game helps you learn it's complexity by doing the excercises in repetition.

There's really no such thing as a friendly fighting game for beginners. The friendliness of Guilty Gear is probably how robust the tutorial is, so the game helps you learn it's complexity by doing the excercises in repetition.
Honestly, I’ve found some that were friendly enough (Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, Soul Calibur V to name a few). Might not be the best at them and handle all the combos, etc. But I do well enough to play the campaigns/CPU and win matches.

And, sure, repetition is needed. But I tried to do dashes for like 20 minutes last night and could not do them with the exception of a few by accident. That’s a basic move — not some fancy combo. Did not seem like the tutorial given was giving the most accurate instructions.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $9.99 - 50% Off - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 9/6

:ps4: Elex - $53.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/17

PSVR Mervils: A VR Adventure - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/5

:ps4: MLB The Show 17 - Stubs 1,000 - $0.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: MLB The Show 17 - Stubs 5,000 - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: MLB The Show 17 - Stubs 11,000 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: MLB The Show 17 - Stubs 24,000 - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: MLB The Show 17 - Stubs 67,500 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: MLB The Show 17 - Stubs 150,000 - $49.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: Prey - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/21

:ps4: The Town of Light - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/6

Freebies:

The Entity Avatar - Free

Natako-um Avatar - Free

:ps4: Prey Trial

Sieverr Avatar - Free

New Release:

:ps4: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap Original Soundtrack - $4.99

Thank you all for the responses to my question about MLB The Show. I typically only buy from Amazon or straight from PSN, so sadly I couldn't have used GCU for that awesome price anyway. Something I didn't see many people addressing though is if there are any significant differences between 16 and 17 aside from graphics and rosters.

If there's no really huge gameplay differences between them, I may opt for the cheaper option in MLB 16 since I sorta want something to play on the side of the story heavy game I'm playing currently, which is Final Fantasy XII. Either that or maybe I'll check out NHL 17 since it's on sale for pretty cheap this week.

On another note entirely, Divinity Original Sin looks pretty fun and I'm definitely interested in that "If you liked DA:O a lot you'll like this" because I loved DA:O. Don't have enough Amazon credit atm for both, but I'll definitely look out for that in the future.

Honestly, I’ve found some that were friendly enough (Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, Soul Calibur V to name a few). Might not be the best at them and handle all the combos, etc. But I do well enough to play the campaigns/CPU and win matches.

And, sure, repetition is needed. But I tried to do dashes for like 20 minutes last night and could not do them with the exception of a few by accident. That’s a basic move — not some fancy combo. Did not seem like the tutorial given was giving the most accurate instructions.
I'm not sure what to tell you there. Just practice. You'll get the hang of dashes. It's probably just something in the way you hit the d-pad or the joystick.

Thank you all for the responses to my question about MLB The Show. I typically only buy from Amazon or straight from PSN, so sadly I couldn't have used GCU for that awesome price anyway. Something I didn't see many people addressing though is if there are any significant differences between 16 and 17 aside from graphics and rosters.

If there's no really huge gameplay differences between them, I may opt for the cheaper option in MLB 16 since I sorta want something to play on the side of the story heavy game I'm playing currently, which is Final Fantasy XII. Either that or maybe I'll check out NHL 17 since it's on sale for pretty cheap this week.

On another note entirely, Divinity Original Sin looks pretty fun and I'm definitely interested in that "If you liked DA:O a lot you'll like this" because I loved DA:O. Don't have enough Amazon credit atm for both, but I'll definitely look out for that in the future.
MLB The Show 17 has a bit of a different RttS mode with a story to it and lets you seamlessly load into the next game in a series without having to go back to the menus, which is amazing. Franchise mode got some good new ways of playing those games without having to necessarily play every single out. I mentioned the Retro Mode already. They added some new control schemes and an amazing test mode to let you try them out easily to see which you like best. My review has some more specific details and impressions, but I got more into this year's game than last year.

Via the Uncharted 4 Explorer's Pack, after purchasing the Lost Legacy pre-order for free I did get the pre-order theme. I didn't see any signs of Jak and Daxter, but maybe that stuff isn't up yet. I won't mind if I don't get that game. I am getting The Lost Legacy for just $20.

I didn't think I would start playing Lost Legacy next week because the Overwatch Summer event will still be running, but I already pretty much got everything I want. The updated loot boxes and buying up last year's discounted legendary skins at the start really helped.

I think I'll switch to The Lost Legacy's theme to build hype. Makoto Niijima had a two month run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back