PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm that 1 then. I can care less about Bloodborn but purchased the PS4, solely for ...MLB the show.
I think The Show is an underrated system seller. If you want to play a baseball game at all you buy a PS4 theses days. Even if you think you want to play RBI, you would rather play The Show's new retro mode.

Assassin's Creed IV, Killzone, FIFA14 and Resogun were just a few of the launch titles. Thought Sony did a great job with the launch of the PS4, especially compared to the PS3 launch.
I mainly played BF4 and Resogun was alright (not really my type of game). Lost track of Assassin's Creed IV after 2. I'm also not a Killzone person so got Knack instead. It was very, very dry lineup until Bloodborne came out but that's just my humble opinion. I don't like FPS that much unless they're kind of like Overwatch.

Bloodborne is my favorite "souls" game and easily the best exclusive on the PS4 to me. I'm a fan of Lovecraft style horror which helps but it's just such an awesome experience.

I think The Show is an underrated system seller. If you want to play a baseball game at all you buy a PS4 theses days. Even if you think you want to play RBI, you would rather play The Show's new retro mode.
I really wish there was a way to prove this because I completely agree. While some will say the Uncharteds or Bloodbornes of the world are better games and appeal to more people, I don't necessarily think people buy a PS4 JUST for one of those games or series. I would bet any amount of money that MLB The Show is the singular series most responsible for people buying a PS4 over an XB1. Why they've never made a bundle is beyond me.

Collectively the exclusives are beyond impressive and I'm sure people look at that overall when going with a PS4, but I'm strictly talking about instances where one game was the reason and I guarantee The Show probably outnumbers the next closest game at least 2 to 1.

Sony truly kills it on the exclusive front.  While we can debate which one you or I love, it's just an amazing breadth of fantastic games.   I plat'd everything from Bloodborne through TLOU [twice!] through all the Uncharteds and Infamous's, and I honestly couldn't tell you my favorite.   Maybe Bloodborne [well, Demon's]?  TLOU because I still play MP every night?  Uncharted 1 for fun factor?  Uncharted Lost Legacy because it's currently blowing my mind?

I don't know.   Anyway, point is, my vote goes to Tokyo Jungle.

Sony truly kills it on the exclusive front. While we can debate which one you or I love, it's just an amazing breadth of fantastic games. I plat'd everything from Bloodborne through TLOU [twice!] through all the Uncharteds and Infamous's, and I honestly couldn't tell you my favorite. Maybe Bloodborne [well, Demon's]? TLOU because I still play MP every night? Uncharted 1 for fun factor? Uncharted Lost Legacy because it's currently blowing my mind?

I don't know. Anyway, point is, my vote goes to Tokyo Jungle.
Was actually just coming to type something similar lol. I didn't buy my PS4 for any one exclusive it was more just the wide variety of exclusives. Granted I bought my PS4 last year at black friday so it's a very different situation for me compared to someone that bought it before the library really developed. But my main point is there are so many awesome exclusives I finally felt like I had to get one.

Also PS4 gets the Japanese games...really that is why I wanted one. I still remember having an N64 and getting no RPGs and playing a bunch of platformers cause that's all I had. I eventually did get a PSX but it was near when FF8 released, so I had a late coming. For the record i did enjoy Banjo Kazooie and also DK64....got a lot of flak and was a free expansion pack. Made Rogue Squadron amazing, but that's something else.

Also PS4 gets the Japanese games...really that is why I wanted one. I still remember having an N64 and getting no RPGs and playing a bunch of platformers cause that's all I had. I eventually did get a PSX but it was near when FF8 released, so I had a late coming. For the record i did enjoy Banjo Kazooie and also DK64....got a lot of flak and was a free expansion pack. Made Rogue Squadron amazing, but that's something else.
Yeah if I had to pick one thing that pushed me over the edge on PS4 it would be the Japanese games. Especially because it seems like more and more games that in the past would be vita exclusive are getting PS4 ports as well. I have no problem playing games on my vita if I have to but I prefer the PS4 controller as I find the vita to be fairly uncomfortable to hold.

Ah the PS4 controller is easily one of the most comfortable controllers I've held in a while. My limit to playing on the Vita is about an hour cause it's not super comfortable...same with the New 3DS XL. PS4 is getting the Vita love for sure with many Vita ports being passed on and the PS4 versions being better versions or expanded versions. I don't do a lot of portable gaming though. If I needed portable more often i'd prefer the Vita/3DS. I still prefer Vita for VNs though.

My limit to playing on the Vita is about an hour cause it's not super comfortable...s
I find the vita to be fairly uncomfortable to hold.
Sorry that this is a little off PSN deals topic, but if you find the Vita uncomfortable to hold, try investing in one of these. I got one years ago when I was having problems playing Uncharted: GA for more than 30 mins and it completely changed how and for how long I can use my Vita.

Sorry that this is a little off PSN deals topic, but if you find the Vita uncomfortable to hold, try investing in one of these. I got one years ago when I was having problems playing Uncharted: GA for more than 30 mins and it completely changed how and for how long I can use my Vita.
I use that and agree 100%. combine that with the thumbsticks

Some new deals:

:ps4: Grand Theft Auto V - Online Megalodon Shark Cash Card - $84.99 - 15% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: Grand Theft Auto V - Online Whale Shark Cash Card - $44.99 - 10% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 500 G - $3.74 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 1000 G - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 2100 G - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 5500 G - $37.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 11500 G - $74.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/5

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Complete Edition - $54.99 - 45% Off - Ends 9/5

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Gold Edition - $43.99 - 45% Off - Ends 9/5

:ps4: UFC 2 - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: UFC 2 Deluxe Edition - $12.49 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28

Freebies:

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - Defenders Event Participation Ticket - Free

:ps4: Van Helsing II - Pigasus - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Battlefield 1 Revolution - $59.99

:ps4: Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 Ultimate Bundle - $79.99

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - Season 2 Spotlight Pass - $13.49

:ps4: Spartan - $15.99

Reminder that Rainbow Six Siege has a Free Weekend going on until 8/28. Also a reminder that you can get VIP status in Marvel Heroes Omega with the $3.74 purchase of G points, which includes Nightcrawler unlock, daily drops of eternity splinters, 10 extra storage spots, and some other stuff.

I really wish there was a way to prove this because I completely agree. While some will say the Uncharteds or Bloodbornes of the world are better games and appeal to more people, I don't necessarily think people buy a PS4 JUST for one of those games or series. I would bet any amount of money that MLB The Show is the singular series most responsible for people buying a PS4 over an XB1. Why they've never made a bundle is beyond me.

Collectively the exclusives are beyond impressive and I'm sure people look at that overall when going with a PS4, but I'm strictly talking about instances where one game was the reason and I guarantee The Show probably outnumbers the next closest game at least 2 to 1.
My own personal anecdote is Street Fighter V. There's a lot of people that had to move to PlayStation from Microsoft out of sheer necessity because of that game.

The PSN wallet size has been increased quietly, it was $150 a month or two ago still when I tried to add a $50 card.  Today I added one while checking old codes to make sure they are still good and it went through just fine, bumping my wallet to $175.  

No idea what the new max is anymore.

Sony' exclusives are better because of the variety of games you can play and they seem willing to invest in riskier ideas, whereas most of Microsoft's exclusives stick to certain genres and themes and don't take as many risks.

I would wager against that. I would say Uncharted 4 has probably pushed more console sales than The Show. I'd love to see actual sales data for the games. I do love me some late night Show though.

yakuza 2 remaster has been spotted on the asian PSN servers, with a dec 7th release date.  Great news for Yakuza fans, hope they remaster all of em before Yakuza 6 launches.

Yeah if I had to pick one thing that pushed me over the edge on PS4 it would be the Japanese games. Especially because it seems like more and more games that in the past would be vita exclusive are getting PS4 ports as well. I have no problem playing games on my vita if I have to but I prefer the PS4 controller as I find the vita to be fairly uncomfortable to hold.
I get the best of both worlds by having the ps4 controller on a vita tv :D/ but I have all 3 systems thanks to sales via this site so thank you cag community for enabling me.

The PSN wallet size has been increased quietly, it was $150 a month or two ago still when I tried to add a $50 card. Today I added one while checking old codes to make sure they are still good and it went through just fine, bumping my wallet to $175.

This is great news and should be big news to all CAGs who keep an eye out for and purchase PSN credit at whatever small discount we can find it for! I know I've personally hit the max $150 wallet amount in the past and had to leave a couple PSN cards laying around because I couldn't add them to my account. Hopefully the new max is well over that!

The PSN wallet size has been increased quietly, it was $150 a month or two ago still when I tried to add a $50 card. Today I added one while checking old codes to make sure they are still good and it went through just fine, bumping my wallet to $175.

I've used a sort of roundabout way to do this for a while now. I would redeem gift card codes through the wallet on the Sony entertainment network site under payment methods. It says something like add payment method and there should be a box that says redeem code. If I was already at $150 it wouldn't work but, for example, if my wallet had $120 and I added a $50 code it would allow me to have a balance of $170. It never seemed to let me go to $200 though. I'm not sure if this is how you did it or if it's working now through the regular "redeem code" section on the PlayStation store but just thought I'd share my experience.

This is great news and should be big news to all CAGs who keep an eye out for and purchase PSN credit at whatever small discount we can find it for! I know I've personally hit the max $150 wallet amount in the past and had to leave a couple PSN cards laying around because I couldn't add them to my account. Hopefully the new max is well over that!
I very much enjoy my stack of cards. I love having them there.... I don't like having them on my account because then I might spend them to easy. My wife laughs at me because I actually prefer space bucks over cash. [there's a reason, though... cash ends up getting spent on life... I know my space bux are earmarked for a good flash sale so I can get some game I really want].

I very much enjoy my stack of cards. I love having them there.... I don't like having them on my account because then I might spend them to easy. My wife laughs at me because I actually prefer space bucks over cash. [there's a reason, though... cash ends up getting spent on life... I know my space bux are earmarked for a good flash sale so I can get some game I really want].
I'm the same way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great price for Stranger of Sword City.  It's a great DRPG on vita.   Highly recommended.    So good that I'm going to replay it for another plat when the 'Revisited' version goes on deep enough sale.  [the Revisited version makes some nice changes, but nothing important enough to avoid this version... this version is just fine].

Comcast just sent me a COD WW II beta key.  I don't do betas much any more, so free to 1st PM that wants it.

EDIT:  Claimed by Electroplasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back