PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
All Destiny 2 clan requests are approved since the servers are back up and running now.

Made a video of that free spin-off FFXV game, which was decent but seemed repetitive as a brawler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ou37v3-90

Take a look for yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7_a14cO9Gc
tumblr_ouc75oIL4L1rge9rdo1_1280.jpg

https://www.rocketleague.com/game-info/autumn-update/

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/roadmap-after-autumn-update/

Rocket League has a couple of big things coming in the big Autumn update on 9/28 and after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9PVx153Zo

• There will be a new seasonal arena called Farmstead set on a farm at sunset.
  • They're adding standardized arenas to the mix, though I'm hoping that doesn't mean they're dropping the regular versions.
  • More limited-time events will be happening starting this fall.
  • Decryptors are a new rare item that can drop after matches that can unlock crates, which means you won't need to acquire a key if you have one.
  • New crate to unlock will join the others along with new stuff to unlock in crates, including a new battle-car.
  • Player Banners are coming to Rocket League, which appears during replays and post-game celebrations. They're like what Call of Duty, Street Fighter, and many other multiplayer games have had for years.
  • Season 6 competitive begins with special banners dropping based on where you're ranked at the end.
  • This update also has transparent goalposts and a revamped news box on that main menu.
  • The beta for the new Director Mode will launch with this update, which is a new way to spectate matches for RLCS and whatnot.
  • Over 90 new items to earn for free from drops.
  • LAN support is also coming to the PC version for those sorts of parties.
After the Autumn update drops, they announced what new features are in the works to release later on:

• They're releasing a beta for the PC version for a new Tournaments mode that will be out late 2017 and the finished version will be out everywhere else in 2018.
  • They're also working on a new cross-platform party system for Rocket League, which seems like it'll mainly be for PC players to invite people from the other platforms to join them. There will be a PC-only beta for this feature.
  • There will be a new Events system to handle the limited-time seasonal events and such that required you to frequent their site or Twitter account to keep up on those happenings.

I suppose patience pays off. I was asking opinions about MLB The Show last month (I think) and 17 is on sale now. Might have to jump on that.

But uh, since it's the all star edition, what exactly are all those extras that come with it? Stubs, and some kind of packs and I assume the themes that come with it are team themed? Noob territory for me.

I suppose patience pays off. I was asking opinions about MLB The Show last month (I think) and 17 is on sale now. Might have to jump on that.

But uh, since it's the all star edition, what exactly are all those extras that come with it? Stubs, and some kind of packs and I assume the themes that come with it are team themed? Noob territory for me.
You get 31 themes, which includes one for each team and a generic MLB The Show theme.

Stubbs are the currency for the baseball card metagame that includes tons of current and old players to collect along with equipment cards and stadiums. The equipment cards are for your RttS player, as they give you special stat bonuses. The rest are for the Diamond Dynasty and other online modes that you can ignore if it doesn't interest you, though I just like collecting them like I did in real life as a kid. There's a whole auction system, so you can sell dupes or whatever for more Stubbs if you want.

FYI, I'd DEFINITELY recommend the ps4 version over the vita. The vita version is really poorly optimized with insanely long load times for everything, even just switching menus. Just booting the game to the main menu takes like 2 minutes. Not exaggerating.

I own the vita version (on card...which I paid like $35 for), but I literally rented the ps4 version from gamefly just to finish the game without the annoyances of the vita version (and I just bought the digital ps4 version tonight for replay/other endings).
Decided to pick it up on PS4, and just remote play on my vita. Thanks for the heads up!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/14/introducing-the-limited-edition-call-of-duty-wwii-ps4-bundle/

There's going to be a Call of Duty: WWII 1 TB bundle for the main PS4 that has a special design on it. It'll be $299.99 when ti releases on 11/3. 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/14/gran-turismo-sport-eight-things-you-need-to-know/

Some new details on GT Sport's campaign and other features.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/13/we-detail-every-playlink-game-revealed-so-far/

Details on the other PlayLink games, which includes the new game from Supermassive Games, a new Singstar, a mini-game collection, and a trivia game.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/13/hyper-futuristic-sci-fi-racer-lightfield-comes-to-ps4-september-26/

Lightfield is coming to PS4 on 9/26:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWedR-xFkw

Wow. Here's a comparison video of Gal Gun on Vita vs PS4, and its night and day. Im playing it on a PS4 pro and the loading sign barely has time to even show up before its finished. Definitely the way to go. Oh, and this game is utterly ridiculous. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzLxncEBr00

Okay, can someone with Gun Gal answer this?   Once the level is loaded, can you do quick level restarts?  Or do you need to go through the loading process every time?   [since it's an onrails shooter, I assume getting 'perfects' might be important, which often require restarts]

Okay, can someone with Gun Gal answer this? Once the level is loaded, can you do quick level restarts? Or do you need to go through the loading process every time? [since it's an onrails shooter, I assume getting 'perfects' might be important, which often require restarts]
If you're on PS4, I imagine restarting the level will take 1-2 seconds, but the Vita version will take 10+ seconds to restart a level.

But technically, to answer your question: Yes, you have to go through the loading process every time you restart a level.

For Fallout 4 players, a few Creation Club items are free for a limited time:

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/908375195710361600
The program is really dumb. From what I was reading too, is that all the Creation Club content is pre-downloaded onto whatever console/pc you're using and when you pay for said items, it just unlocks it. On PC the stuff was just free because all you had to do was enable some file. I assume this move is in response to that.

It probably won't happen, but I'm debating on moving from a 2 XB1/1 PS4 household to a 1 XB1/2 PS4 household. My question is that I currently have a 4TB external for my PS4 and would somehow like to mirror everything on both systems without downloading everything over since I have a data cap. There's still no way to do that though, right? As long as the only option is to "move" data and not "copy", I'm assuming I'm screwed.

Does the PS4 allow for the same profile to be primary on multiple consoles at least? I'm guessing I couldn't be logged into both at the same time if so. Could I at least plug and play the external drive into either without issues?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm sure I could Google some of it but I'd rather ask here first.

You can transfer data from one PS4 to another, it will not transfer it will just clone the drives. Speaking as someone that has two PlayStation pros and two Xbox ones I would not switch out that. The problem is that you have to set one as your primary and that's the only one that will update to the cloud automatically. So on your non-primary you need to re-download to save and re upload the save manually. Xbox really does make it easier having two systems.

I downloaded the dead by daylight trial but it says it expired.

Edit: Apparently the trial doesn't start until 4pm est... and its working now.

Picked up The Evil Within when it was on crazy sale a few weeks back on PSN and finally finished it the other day. That game is fairly underrated imho. Significantly more difficult than any RE I've played and the best Silent Hill-type game I've played since SH3. Stoked on the sequel!

Now that that's wrapped up, I gotta pick up Titanfall 2 while it's on the low-low. 

Picked up The Evil Within when it was on crazy sale a few weeks back on PSN and finally finished it the other day. That game is fairly underrated imho. Significantly more difficult than any RE I've played and the best Silent Hill-type game I've played since SH3. Stoked on the sequel!

Now that that's wrapped up, I gotta pick up Titanfall 2 while it's on the low-low.
I think The Evil Within truly shone on Nightmare/Akumu mode, where new enemy placements really amped up the difficulty. I hope you get a chance to play at least the superb first two pieces of DLC (The Assignment & The Consequence).

I think The Evil Within truly shone on Nightmare/Akumu mode, where new enemy placements really amped up the difficulty. I hope you get a chance to play at least the superb first two pieces of DLC (The Assignment & The Consequence).
That's exactly what another friend CAG told me over PSN. Is there less ammo or are enemies stronger and placed differently on Nightmare? Considered rampaging through New Game + mode on Survivor for fun because of the weapons I unlocked.

I've started hand of fate. I think it was on ps+ at one time. Really enjoying the gameplay and strategy. Even the dealer is really cool. Kinda the archenemy of the game on the sly but slowly tipping his hand at being out to get you.

I've started hand of fate. I think it was on ps+ at one time. Really enjoying the gameplay and strategy. Even the dealer is really cool. Kinda the archenemy of the game on the sly but slowly tipping his hand at being out to get you.
Have fun. It gets easier as you unlock more and more stuff. I can't wait for the sequel!

What I enjoyed most about evil within was the stealth mechanics I got through the first 7 levels playing stealthy and saving on ammo and traps.akumu difficulty will test your patience like it's never been tested with cheap one hit kills.

That's exactly what another friend CAG told me over PSN. Is there less ammo or are enemies stronger and placed differently on Nightmare? Considered rampaging through New Game + mode on Survivor for fun because of the weapons I unlocked.
Both. Just to give you some idea:

Remember the Ruvik-clone enemy with the one-hit kill move that appears near the end of the game? There's one in Chapter 2. Yes, seriously. But that enemy is a cakewalk if you hit him in the body with a Harpoon Bolt then use a match while he's on the ground. You'll also need to use nearly every torch/flammable body/furnace when fighting Laura in Chapter 5, and she's really fast on Nightmare/Akumu.

If you take on that difficulty, upgrading your Match capacity is an absolute must, followed by Stamina and Bullet Stock.

What I enjoyed most about evil within was the stealth mechanics I got through the first 7 levels playing stealthy and saving on ammo and traps.akumu difficulty will test your patience like it's never been tested with cheap one hit kills.
Agreed. Akumu feels so rewarding when you get past difficult/annoying sections (e.g., the start of Chapter 6, the slow-moving platform in Chapter 10). Evil Within 2 cannot get here soon enough. :joystick:

Just a quick reminder that everyone should pick up Axiom Verge for $9.99 and the Gamestop PC/Steamcode/Soundtrack Steelbook for $4.97 and sneak it into your PS4 collection.

Pro day has free shipping, so you can order any of the 10 indiebox/gametrust steelbooks if your local store isn't as awesome(?) as mine keeping these hidden in the back room for over a year in mint condition.

(hyperlink will go to page showing all 10 titles)

I see that titles like Tactics ogre LUCT and the 3rd birthday as well as some psp FF titles on now $9.99. 

The web page doesn't say when the price will go back to $19.99 so is it a permanent price drop or a sale?

Totally agree. The DLC for that game is awesome. It was one of my favorite games that year, and still (sorry if Ive said this before here) one of the hardest, but most rewarding Platinums I've ever gotten.

Ive never played a Yakuza game, but I'm considering picking up Zero at this price. And thoughts on the game?
Do it. Having never played a Yakuza game before I couldn't get enough if zero and have now moved into Kiwami. It was unquestionably my favorite game of 2015. The story is incredibly well written, the characters are relatable and realistic and grow throughout their arcs and the game play is customizable and fun. I'd suggest it to anyone even remotely interested

I have a coupon from PSN for $10 off the new Uncharted game. Not sure if it can be used on other accounts but if someone wants it just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back