PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried Just Cause 3 and I couldn't get into it. Perhaps it's because storywise I had no idea what was going on, and I was having issues getting used to the controls. I'm ashamed at how many times I faceplanted trying to use the wingsuit.

Though I can see the fun in just the little bit I played of it, I wasn't feeling it. But I'll try it again later and it will probably click for me. However, the only similarity to GTA I found was that you can run around an open world shooting/blowing shit up and you can drive cars.

Honestly it reminded me more of a third person Far Cry than a GTA clone.
Stuff like wingsuiting takes awhile to click. Like, the first time you try the very first wingsuit trial, you'll get your ass whooped. Again and again. You'll think it's impossible. By the end of the game you'll be doing courses 100x harder, and just 'feel' it.

Why not just make the games with selectable graphics? Like PC games. You have a monster PC, you can max out the graphics or if you have a lower end pc, you turn it down to run the game.

So they build the game with Max detail. Depending in your model, that's the detail you get. Very easy to turn down draw distance, lighting etc, all which burn up graphics power.

Obviously, this only applies to single player. Multi player would need to lock at certain standards or risk dividing the user base.

Don't really think it would be an issue if done correctly.
Because it's not a PC. On a PC, everyone has a different rig. Each person customizes to their own needs.

On console, the entire point is that it just 'plays'. Insert disc. Play. Every version of the PS4 that exists now means the -developer- needs to optimize their game for each different SKU.

More importantly, this means that both systems now affect each other -- there will be many [many!] situations in which the developers need to decide between removing some feature that is too taxing for the weaker system [thus holding better system back], or allowing the weaker system to have framerate issues [number of explosions allowed at a time is an easy example].

And even more importantly? These multiple optimizations cost more developer time.

Consoles have always existed outside of minor iterations for a reason. Buyers want to be able to buy a new console and play the latest and greatest. They don't want to be buying into an inferior experience [PCs not included in this, everyone knows they're more powerful, no one buying a console cares].

Because it's not a PC. On a PC, everyone has a different rig. Each person customizes to their own needs.

On console, the entire point is that it just 'plays'. Insert disc. Play. Every version of the PS4 that exists now means the -developer- needs to optimize their game for each different SKU.

More importantly, this means that both systems now affect each other -- there will be many [many!] situations in which the developers need to decide between removing some feature that is too taxing for the weaker system [thus holding better system back], or allowing the weaker system to have framerate issues [number of explosions allowed at a time is an easy example].

And even more importantly? These multiple optimizations cost more developer time.

Consoles have always existed outside of minor iterations for a reason. Buyers want to be able to buy a new console and play the latest and greatest. They don't want to be buying into an inferior experience [PCs not included in this, everyone knows they're more powerful, no one buying a console cares].
Yeah, typically what console version you have rarely matters on how it will play a game. Minor exceptions here or there of course like certain ps3's being unable to play certain ps2 games despite being bc due to emulator compatibility issues. Or some ps2 games not working on ps2 slims or games running/loading slower/faster.

I don't think exclusives are gonna happen at least unlike on the 3ds as its a bad move financially since far more people own the launch or second versions of the ps4 than the pro (much like with the 3/2ds and xls vs the new and galaxy 3ds/xls and 2dsxl

Think I might say 'fuck it' and get Hellblade. Recently got two of the deals on $10 PSN cards from PCGameSupply and just got $10 from that Amazon Music promo.

$14 for Hellblade seems fair.

Well, all my pinball tables imported fine into Pinball FX3, though it did take awhile. I did have to boot up the game afterward a few times for it to recognize all of them, but I did also get the Ant-Man table, which seemed to be a widespread issue for most. And a few packs are still listed at a price in the PS Store even though I do own all the tables for them. But that is a minor issue, just have to be a little vigilant when buying tables.

In spite of my recent kvetching, gotta really appreciate Zen Studios. From ZP1, to Marvel, Star Wars (PS3, Vita), ZP2 (PS3, Vita, PS4), and now FX3, all tables are cross-buy. I now have a whole new game, for free, with all but the three newest tables. Can't offhand think of another developer that is this consumer friendly.

I think I'm gonna trade in my physical copy of Destiny 2 along with some other stuff that's just sitting around, and then use my 20% off coupon to rebuy that and Everybody's Golf. Seems like a win-win for me. 

Can someone clarify on the 20% Destiny PS4 Pro coupon.  When I looked at the coupon, I assumed it was for 20% off Destiny Silver (for Eververse) based on the wording of the coupon.  Am I mistaken or is there another coupon I didn't get?

Think I might say ' fuck it' and get Hellblade. Recently got two of the deals on $10 PSN cards from PCGameSupply and just got $10 from that Amazon Music promo.

$14 for Hellblade seems fair.
PSN usually does a Spend $100 promotion in October. You might want to wait until at least next Tuesday to buy it.

Can someone clarify on the 20% Destiny PS4 Pro coupon. When I looked at the coupon, I assumed it was for 20% off Destiny Silver (for Eververse) based on the wording of the coupon. Am I mistaken or is there another coupon I didn't get?
Yeah, wording is confusing. It's 20% off PSN like previous coupons, but they are nudging you to use it on the only thing left to buy related to Destiny 2.

It doesn't expire until February so I'm waiting to use it on deals either for Black Friday or holiday.

New Deals:

:ps4: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - $33.99 - 15% Off - Ends 10/2

:ps4: Pinball Arcade - Scared Stiff Pro Pack with Big Shot - $7.19 - 10% Off - $6.47 - 19% Off - Ends 10/31

:ps3: :vita: Pinball Arcade - Scared Stiff Pro Table Pack with Big Shot - $7.19 - 10% Off - $6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 10/31

:ps4: Pinball Arcade - Scared Stiff Pro Upgrade - $3.59 - 10% Off - $3.23 - 19% Off - Ends 10/31

:ps3: :vita: Pinball Arcade - Scared Stiff Pro Upgrade - $3.59 - 10% Off - $3.19 - 20% Off - Ends 10/31
:ps4: Pinball Arcade - Table Pack 7: Scared Stiff and Big Shot - $4.49 - 10% Off - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/31
:ps3: :vita: Pinball Arcade - Table Pack 7: Scared Stiff and Big Shot - $4.49 - 10% Off - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/31

Freebies:

:ps4: Koschei Theme - Free

:ps4: The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Flood Demo

New Releases:

PSVR Chernobyl VR Project - $9.99

:ps4: FIFA 18 - $59.99

:ps4: Gundam Versus - $59.99

Glad that Pinball Arcade is finally offering a discount on the Scared Stiff Pro upgrade this month. The Pro upgrade gives you access to the operator settings, and Scared Stiff has an alternate voice pack that can be enabled for raunchier voiceover quotes from Elvira. Scared Stiff and Medieval Madness both have alternate audio with the Pro settings and I think those are the only tables that justify the Pro upgrade... just wish the discount was more than 20% off.

Glad that Pinball Arcade is finally offering a discount on the Scared Stiff Pro upgrade this month. The Pro upgrade gives you access to the operator settings, and Scared Stiff has an alternate voice pack that can be enabled for raunchier voiceover quotes from Elvira. Scared Stiff and Medieval Madness both have alternate audio with the Pro settings and I think those are the only tables that justify the Pro upgrade... just wish the discount was more than 20% off.
An Elvira voiceover? I usually don't care for pinball but might have to dive into this xD

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/29/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1032017/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New Releases: Week of October 3, 2017

Battle Chasers: Nightwar
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the console genre-greats and the 90’s cult comic book. Experience deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world.

Battle Garegga Rev.2016
PS4 — Digital (Out 10/6)

A classic takes to the skies once again! The retro game masters at M2 have poured their passion into the first release in the M2 Shot Triggers series!

Detention
PS4 — Digital

Detention is an unique atmospheric horror game heavily influenced by Taiwanese/East Asian culture, religious elements, and mythology based on 1960’s Taiwan under martial law.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The critically acclaimed action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen combines exhilarating and deep combat with the freedom to explore the huge open world of Gransys in 1080p. Choose between nine different classes and embark on your own adventure along with three AI companions known as Pawns.

Expand
PS4 — Digital

Expand is a 2D indie game in which you guide a pink square through a circular labyrinth that constantly rotates, unfolds, and expands around you.

The Hunter: Call of the Wild
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Experience the thrill of the hunt in a visually breathtaking, technically groundbreaking, vast open world.

Jydge
PS4 — Digital

Jydge is a lawful but awful roguehate top-down shooter where you get to build your own cybernetic Jydge and eradicate crime in the never-sleeping megacity of Edenbyrg.

Mystik Belle
PS4 — Digital

Trouble is brewing at the Hagmore School of Witchcraft, and only freshman witch-in-training Belle MacFae can put things right.

Save the Ninja Clan
PS Vita — Digital (Out 10/6)

Save the Ninja Clan is a platformer for casual players as well as speedrunners. There are two ways to play this game: play through the normal story mode or find secrets or “bugs” in the game to annoy the Game Manager watching.

Twin Robots
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Twin Robots is a platformer where you control two little robots. They have been imprisoned and need to find the way out of each level!

WRC 7
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Test yourself in the 13 WRC rallies and their true-to-life environments. Play as the best drivers in the Championship at the wheel of their new cars.

Other than Battle Chasers this is the weakest release in some time. No VR either.  I'm hoping for a cool surprise release for the 1 year anniversary on the 10th.

shouldn't there be a spend 100 get 15 back promotion this month?
usually, im worried about this day 1 digital thing messing it up though. with both running at the same time you could technically double dip if you bought 2 games over $100 and end up getting $15 back and a 20% off coupon in the future.

Just got done with HZD and holy muthafuckin shit that game is a near masterpiece and a must own for every ps4 owner.I thoroughly enjoyed it mainly the combat with the huge baddies and story had me bored at first but then hooked after halfway through main story.Played it in my pro and never had any problems with glitches,slowdowns or crashes.Took me 75hrs to plat it and well worth the time.

Other than Battle Chasers this is the weakest release in some time. No VR either. I'm hoping for a cool surprise release for the 1 year anniversary on the 10th.
No way. Dragon's Dogma is great. Preordered from Walmart and got it yesterday. Under appreciated on PS3, I hope it finds a wider audience on PS4.

Preordered from Walmart and got it yesterday.
Release date isn't even until the 3rd right? I am a bit jealous. My copy won't be in for a while cause I am going physical from Amazon and I don't have prime atm.

On the flip side though it should give me enough time to platinum (or come close to) Bloodborne. I'd like to finish as much of it as I can right now cause once I get DD I probably won't play much else for a few weeks.

Battle Garegga is fantastic. Great to see that finally come over. Shmup fans will need to check it out.
Isn't it $34.99 (same price as on the Xbox One)? At that price it should have gotten a physical release in N.A. I loved the game on the Saturn and am a big shmup fan, but I'm not paying that much for a digital only game, will wait for a solid sale. It's lazy not making the effort for a physical release at that price level IMO.

Edit: Also the game runs in a tiny window that takes up only 1/3 of the center of the screen, with a bunch of garbage on both sides around it (similar to Raiden V which was panned for the same reason). They could have put more effort into an enhanced version running in a larger area of the screen. I don't care about leaderboards, all that information is useless when you're just playing a shmup.

I might buy DD again to support the franchise even though I have it on 360 and PC. The game is that good.
It's only $30! Great pricing for this. I'm excited to get back in there, think I am going to main a different class. All the DD talk on here last night got me watching some videos and I found a great video of a Mystic Knight utterly destroying Daimon and it reminded me how much fun I had with that class but I didn't actually play it much because Magick Archer was by and far my favorite class.

I'd feel bad if I just focused on the same class again.

Jydge sounds interesting, need to check out reviews.  Also want Battlechasers, but... sub $10 for me.  Almost bit at that price [which actually isn't bad] but then looked at my backlog.   Maybe if it gets amazing reviews or something, though now I missed out on preorder deals so...

Jydge sounds interesting, need to check out reviews.  Also want Battlechasers, but... sub $10 for me.  Almost bit at that price [which actually isn't bad] but then looked at my backlog.   Maybe if it gets amazing reviews or something, though now I missed out on preorder deals so...

Jydge sounds interesting, need to check out reviews. Also want Battlechasers, but... sub $10 for me. Almost bit at that price [which actually isn't bad] but then looked at my backlog. Maybe if it gets amazing reviews or something, though now I missed out on preorder deals so...
Jydge is still up for preorder and 20% off until 11 pm later today. Still lists the other 2 games as preorder bonus. Unless your only meaning Battlechasers

It's only $30! Great pricing for this. I'm excited to get back in there, think I am going to main a different class. All the DD talk on here last night got me watching some videos and I found a great video of a Mystic Knight utterly destroying Daimon and it reminded me how much fun I had with that class but I didn't actually play it much because Magick Archer was by and far my favorite class.

I'd feel bad if I just focused on the same class again.
Yeah, 30 bucks is a steal especially for someone who's never played it. I've been debating waiting for a sale or just getting it now to show full support because I would really like a Dragon's Dogma 2. I can't even remember what class I played when I put over 130 hours into the PC version...lol.

I guess my expectations are a little higher for whole number updates. I'm sure some people appreciate these features more than me, though.
It’s lackluster in general. Even for an interstitial update. You’d think 5.0 would be something big like a UI overhaul or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back