PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
For VR, the only people i have encountered that think it is gonna disappear have either never tried it or only played with google cardboard once or twice. Everyone I've encountered who has actually gotten to play a game on PSVR/Rift/Vive fell in love with it. Even people who were diehard against it fell in love with it.
It’s one thing to fall in love with it and quite another to be able to afford it. Sure, if it comes down in price, many more will buy it. I don’t think it’s going to disappear. I don’t know for sure if it will be PSVR or something else that comes along, but time will tell. For now, it’ll stay niche.

A good friend of ours recently started one for us. I feel a little weird posting it here (never been in a situation like his before). But I know how amazing this community can be, and my fiancé keeps telling me to post it. Just feels weird to ask for help like this. But here we go...
(Please let me know if this is against the rules, and I will remove it immediately.)

https://www.gofundme.com/kalika-and-sean-fire-victim-fund
Not much but I helped. Don’t dox me 😝

For VR, the only people i have encountered that think it is gonna disappear have either never tried it or only played with google cardboard once or twice. Everyone I've encountered who has actually gotten to play a game on PSVR/Rift/Vive fell in love with it. Even people who were diehard against it fell in love with it.
I think it's more that people don't think it's worth the cost. I look at it similar to how I look at one of those racing setups for games like Forza and GT. I'm sure it's a fun way to play, but what it's adding isn't worth the cost to have it to many.

I think it's more that people don't think it's worth the cost. I look at it similar to how I look at one of those racing setups for games like Forza and GT. I'm sure it's a fun way to play, but what it's adding isn't worth the cost to have it to many.
Yeah, but nobody is saying wheels are a fad that will die out soon.

It’s one thing to fall in love with it and quite another to be able to afford it. Sure, if it comes down in price, many more will buy it. I don’t think it’s going to disappear. I don’t know for sure if it will be PSVR or something else that comes along, but time will tell. For now, it’ll stay niche.
That is true, and it'll probably be a few years before it's affordable for the mainstream. One thing i think will help with it's longevity is how many games/experiences coming out for it are actually good with a lot of effort put into them, and the fact big AAA devs are putting a lot into it too. There are a couple of shovelware titles but nowhere near as bad as some other niche systems/accessories have had.

I love mine, but I think the first step towards making this mainstream, aside from the price, is definitely getting it wireless...even if the performance takes a hit. The worst part is the wires.
You cannot sacrifice performance for anything when it comes to VR, as you'd turn it into a nausea machine at that point.

I love mine, but I think the first step towards making this mainstream, aside from the price, is definitely getting it wireless...even if the performance takes a hit. The worst part is the wires.
Considering how well the wireless streaming works with the PS4 and Vita, I think wireless VR isn't too far off in the future. They'd probably need to split functions between separate wireless connections, but it should be doable.

I think to further get VR into the hands of regular folks, the best thing that could happen is if Nintendo put out some simple goggles that the switch would mount into. It would be a pretty good step up from the typical phone vr stuff, especially with a real game company behind it. The Switch controllers would be perfect for VR. I definitely believe this after playing ZeldaBotW and ARMS. I think for $60 to $100 I'd buy a SwitchVR Goggles with a bundled game like Doom or Skyrim.

A good friend of ours recently started one for us. I feel a little weird posting it here (never been in a situation like his before). But I know how amazing this community can be, and my fiancé keeps telling me to post it. Just feels weird to ask for help like this. But here we go...
(Please let me know if this is against the rules, and I will remove it immediately.)

Just out of curiosity, did you not have renters insurance? That would have covered all the contents of the apartment including the wedding dress if you documented what you actually had. If not, and for everyone else here, this is exactly the reason why people (especially those with solid collections of stuff) should get insurance. It might be an extra $15 a month, but it really makes a big difference rebuilding your life after something tragic like this. I wish you the best in getting back on your feet.

Donated. It's a meager amount, but hopefully it'll help you get back into CAGing so that you can distract yourself from recent events. All the best to you two.

Also, he did mention having renters insurance. I don't have experience with renters insurance, but I did have experience with house fires since I was in the fire department. So many personal belongings that are irreplaceable are lost in tragedies like this and the hurricanes. Homes will be rebuilt but you lose that sense of security knowing that this did happen to your own home.

Also, he did mention having renters insurance. I don't have experience with renters insurance, but I did have experience with house fires since I was in the fire department. So many personal belongings that are irreplaceable are lost in tragedies like this and the hurricanes. Homes will be rebuilt but you lose that sense of security knowing that this did happen to your own home.
Thanks for that. I didn't see where it was mentioned about the insurance.

Hopefully their documentation is solid and their claims adjuster does a speedy job at processing the claim. The nice thing about games and videos is that we might see them as valuable collectables, they are for the most part fairly common items and they should get something back for at least the base price. Hopefully they get enough to rebuild. I'd imagine the best case is that they'd have a check after a couple weeks... but it'll take hounding the claims adjuster every few days to make sure it's being taken care of unless the company is just really good.

Donated. It's a meager amount, but hopefully it'll help you get back into CAGing so that you can distract yourself from recent events. All the best to you two.
Thanks for that. I didn't see where it was mentioned about the insurance.

Hopefully their documentation is solid and their claims adjuster does a speedy job at processing the claim. The nice thing about games and videos is that we might see them as valuable collectables, they are for the most part fairly common items and they should get something back for at least the base price. Hopefully they get enough to rebuild. I'd imagine the best case is that they'd have a check after a couple weeks... but it'll take hounding the claims adjuster every few days to make sure it's being taken care of unless the company is just really good.
Yes. We do have renters insurance. I’ve never had to deal with collecting insurance, so I’m not really sure how long it takes. So many people lost their homes in my area that I would imagine most insurance companys are completely overwhelmed right now. Hopefully we can get some seed money to start looking for a new apartment soon.

Thanks you so much for all your guys support. It really means a lot. Thankyou!!!!!!!!!

ALIENATION IS SIX DOLLARS. HOLY SHIT.

EDIT: Sony better not be fucking with me and making this a PS+ game next month. I guess I don't care now. I've been waiting so long for a decent sale on this game!

Some decent deals in there but nothing for me. Already have Alienation (which is an absolute must buy at that price).

ALIENATION IS SIX DOLLARS. HOLY SHIT.

EDIT: Sony better not be fucking with me and making this a PS+ game next month. I guess I don't care now. I've been waiting so long for a decent sale on this game!
Alienation was worth full price at launch, absolutely fantastic top-down twin-stick action game. I would have double dipped and bought a physical version if it came out in North America, but sadly that never happened. I know LRG would have easily been able to sell out if this game even with a higher production run, same with Nex Machina which is another fantastic Housemarque game.

I let my PS+ run out so I like these sales that doesn't require PS+.  Grabbed Alienation because I enjoyed Dead Nation and there's local co-op.  I see there's a season pass so I wonder if that covers all the DLC?  But I'll probably pass on the pass for now.

I let my PS+ run out so I like these sales that doesn't require PS+. Grabbed Alienation because I enjoyed Dead Nation and there's local co-op. I see there's a season pass so I wonder if that covers all the DLC? But I'll probably pass on the pass for now.
yeah I'm debating on the season pass

afaik it's just weapons so I dunno how much it adds, I'm more about levels than weapons and such

Yes. We do have renters insurance. I’ve never had to deal with collecting insurance, so I’m not really sure how long it takes.
Long time.

And you are not the only one claiming, so even longer.

My parents business burned to the ground (fire started in business behind them and burned the entire block) It took over 6 months to get everything settled, and the ins company was trying to cut corners an pay as little as possible every step of the way. It was a Yamaha motorcycle shop, and if Yamaha didn't step in to breathe down the ins companies neck... it would have been longer.

You sadly do not have someone in high places to speak up for you.

As hard as it will be, always remember.... it's stuff. You, your GF, and your pets all made it.

My wallet is safe for another month. I can't remember the last flash sale I took advantage of. Anyhow, next month should be much better.

yeah I'm debating on the season pass

afaik it's just weapons so I dunno how much it adds, I'm more about levels than weapons and such
I saw the IGN review that said something like how different weapon modifiers doesn't really affect the affect of weapons. I'm guessing that might be true for these DLC weapons. So since the Pass are mostly weapons and no added levels, pass for me.

Long time.
And you are not the only one claiming, so even longer.

My parents business burned to the ground (fire started in business behind them and burned the entire block) It took over 6 months to get everything settled, and the ins company was trying to cut corners an pay as little as possible every step of the way. It was a Yamaha motorcycle shop, and if Yamaha didn't step in to breathe down the ins companies neck... it would have been longer.
You sadly do not have someone in high places to speak up for you.

As hard as it will be, always remember.... it's stuff. You, your GF, and your pets all made it.
Yea. I’m afraid it is going to take awhile. But like you said, we all made it out, and that’s what matters. Thanks for the heads up. :)

I saw the IGN review that said something like how different weapon modifiers doesn't really affect the affect of weapons. I'm guessing that might be true for these DLC weapons. So since the Pass are mostly weapons and no added levels, pass for me.
I like the primary weapon hack DLC which lets you use any class' primary weapon. Otherwise you're stuck with the same primary weapon for the entire game.

The fact that it's paid DLC is bullshit though.

Edit: I guess I would recommend the Weapons Supply Pack DLC which includes the Primary Weapon Hack along with three new weapons. If there's one complaint I have about the base game it's a lack of weapon variety.

I let my PS+ run out so I like these sales that doesn't require PS+. Grabbed Alienation because I enjoyed Dead Nation and there's local co-op. I see there's a season pass so I wonder if that covers all the DLC? But I'll probably pass on the pass for now.
I just compared what packs are listed in the season pass with the individual pieces of DLC and the Season pass does come with it all: Jumping all 3 classes to lvl 15, 3 new armor colors, 3 new bullet colors, 3 new weapons, and the hack ability for any class to use class-specific weapons.

If you don't care about being automatically jumped to lvl 15, you can buy the Weapon Supply pack with the 3 weapons and the primary weapon hack, and the armor color bundle and bullet color bundle (for $0.99 each), and it is $6.97 instead of getting the season pass for $10.

Or if you don't care about level jumping or the exclusive colors, then just buy the weapon supply pack for $4.99.

So I have been waiting for the Mortal Kombat XL pack to go on sale in like forever and the only time it did recently it was way overpriced.  I've been so annoyed that the upgrade had taken forever to be reasonably priced that in last week's Xbox Live sales I picked it up for that system.  However, now the full Mortal Kombat XL is available in this flash sale.  Does anyone know if I were to purchase that version would it fully upgrade my version of Mortal Kombat X or would it be a separate version where my save files do not transfer?  I ask because I haven't played it on the Xbox One yet and I believe I can return it digitally if needbe.  Also, for anyone who has played the game on Xbox One how does the controller/performance compare?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm waiting for those inevitable Halloween week long sales.
I was confused why this flash sale was so early but yeah I guess they want the end of the month to be focused on some spooky game sales.

Anyhow, I don't think there is anything I actually want on this sale? Maybe some of these PSP games but not sure yet.

Last year the flash sale in October was also the 2nd Friday of the month. So it's not early. For the past 4 years it's either been the 3rd or 2nd Friday of the month.
Interesting. I wasn't really paying attention to psn stuff last October so wouldn't know!

probably going to be more super duper editions so unless you want it now I'd wait

afaik there is still more content coming up for it
As far as I can see fighting games are really more worthwhile the earlier you jump in. By the time the DLC finishes and they've packaged together the last digital edition of this game, you're years behind the majority of players and not that far away from the next numbered Street Fighter.

Made a video celebrating Folklore's 10th birthday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKGEjPK_C_I
You got me excited there. I thought there was a remake or sequel to Folklore coming for PS4.

What a great game. I would rebuy (almost) full price if ithey emulated it for the PS4.

Also, I thought Ellen and/or Keats would have been GREAT additions to Playstation All Star Battle Royale.

The different attacks would be the various Folks.

I believe you're right on that and I will sit this one out.
They already said the January Arcade edition update will be free for those who have the game already, so 15 bucks digital then getting everything in January seems worth it.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/05/street-fighter-5-arcade-edition-announced-coming-next-year-ps4/

Aliennation and MKXL seem like my targets for this one. 11.99 to get the XL characters and the game digital instead of the original MKX disc and I heard great things about Alienation

anybody playing Amnesia collection?

i love horror games, i really liked Soma which was made by the same people

but about 2 hours into this game i think it's boring as hell and nothing about it is grabbing me, does it get better or scary?
There are some intense chase scenes, slightly tense stealth gameplay, and decent story content, but it doesn't get remarkably better or scarier, especially if you've played newer games that it inspired like Outlast. Actually, Thief even had arguably creepier and more immersive stealth horror gameplay over a decade earlier. I played Amnesia earlier this year, and I was sort of like "That's the famous Amnesia?" It's decent, though.

Just a warning, though. The Justine DLC kind of sucks. In that it's only half an hour long, but you can't save, so you have to play the whole thing from the beginning if you die in one of the instakill situations at the end (or simply get stuck behind a bookcase 15 minutes in and can't move, which literally happened to me on my third or fourth...and final...attempt at finishing it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back