PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Not sure if it's a glitch or maybe these games were ps plus games and I didn't notice. Nier/Yakuza 0 and DOOM are coming up as purchased but I've never bought these games digitally. Is this happening to anyone else?

Ok. Not sure if it's a glitch or maybe these games were ps plus games and I didn't notice. Nier/Yakuza 0 and DOOM are coming up as purchased but I've never bought these games digitally. Is this happening to anyone else?
You grabbed the demos, right? If you look at the page, do you still see the "Add to Cart" option on each of their pages? If so, you still don't own them since it's just a bug because it's confusing the demo ownership with the game ownership.

Alright, I need some help. I have the Vanilla Witcher 3 steel book still in shrink wrap on the shelf. I'm on vacation this week and i'm ready to play it. Should I just get the complete edition to have all the DLC and expansions or buy the individual expansion packs and lose out on the other dlc?
If it's a steelbook with the game inside of it keep that boy sealed and get the digital complete. All the DLC other than the expansions is free anyway but that's more valuable sealed than opening it and still having to buy the expansions.

I've never been to either one; I'm still shocked there's a grocery store that charges you to use their shopping carts...
It isn't that common but happens at other stores. Target near me used to do this but hasn't in a few years. Shoprite (same mall) does but the one closer to my house does NOT. Can't think of any other places I have been to that still do this. Seems a bit more common in city or more populated areas in my limited experience.

We have an Adli's but it is horrible. Been once don't recall them requiring a quarter to unlock the cart. You get the quarter back when you return the cart and link it to another one.

Can't wait to get a PS4 slim and play the GTA Trilogy. All three games for $21 seems like a good deal. I can also try and play them remote on the Vita when I go somewhere waiting on something.
You're buying a PS4 and you're most excited about playing PS2 games on it?

Also remote play only works if you're on the same wifi network

Is battlefield 1 still played with WW2 around?

I can't decide between Mafia or Horizon

MZ9d2yo.png
Horizon is better and cheaper.

Some reminders about certain games on the list:

The Witcher Complete Edition doesn't work with saves from the original game and vice versa, so don't buy that if you're looking to convert physical of the original game to digital.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole includes South Park: The Stick of Truth with it for free until the end of January, so that's an additional free bonus with purchase on PSN or at retail.

$49.99 X .8 = $39.99 + LOCAL/STATE TAX (6.25% here) making it $42.99

Meaning it is still cheaper on PSN by a single penny before tax, and $3.01 after tax.
You also get DLC you don't get from buying vanilla + DLC separately. The stuff that was in the collector's edition.

And like 20 states tax digital titles, so it'd kinda moot.

I guess this guy just learned something new. You just need to have a decent wifi. It doesn't matter where you are in the US, you just need a wifi that is connected to your PS4 and to the Vita. 

Picked up:
The Mummy Demastered

Hidden Agenda

Mystik Belle

Shantae: Half Genie Hero (sold off my retail copy shortly after finishing it) & Pirate Queen DLC

You also get DLC you don't get from buying vanilla + DLC separately. The stuff that was in the collector's edition.

And like 20 states tax digital titles, so it'd kinda moot.
Ah, that I didn't know!
Also that's why I suggested the Deluxe Edition, since it came with much of the additional DLC.

Not the pre-order bonuses though.

Unless they changed something (I doubt CDPR would) all the other DLC was and should still be free.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/UP4497-CUSA00527_00-0000000000000002/1?relationship=Add-Ons

Thanks, makes sense when it’s laid out like that.

If it's a steelbook with the game inside of it keep that boy sealed and get the digital complete. All the DLC other than the expansions is free anyway but that's more valuable sealed than opening it and still having to buy the expansions.

How did you manage that? I have all three steelbooks, and none of the three were ever shrinkwrapped.

Edit:

1) You don't lose out on the other DLCs?
2) The saves aren't compatible between vanilla and complete.
My bad I meant the game is still sealed with the steel book sitting next to it unused. I’m just buying the expansions, the season pass is cheaper buying separately.

Actually, it might be cheaper to buy Horizon Deluxe + Frozen wilds instead of waiting for the complete edition

Deluxe + Frozen right now is $39.98

Complete will be around $49.99

Deluxe - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA01967_00-HORIZONDIGDELUXE

Frozen - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA01967_00-HZTHEFROZENWILDS
Or you can also save an extra $5 and just get the base game + DLC? Doesn't the deluxe just include some starter weapons that you're going to outlevel anyways?

Ah, that I didn't know!
Also that's why I suggested the Deluxe Edition, since it came with much of the additional DLC.

Not the pre-order bonuses though.
I think it's the same DLC that's in the deluxe edition. I didn't realize Frozen Wild was still on sale for PS+. I thought that ended a week after release.

I think it's the same DLC that's in the deluxe edition. I didn't realize Frozen Wild was still on sale for PS+. I thought that ended a week after release.
It did for a few hours maybe. Extended into May. The OP has been updated to show this.

Have $40 PSN credit with $10 more coming soon, So $50 in my wallet.

Thinking of getting:

Danganronpa 1•2 Reload(standard VN?)
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
I Am Setsuna(not too sure on it though)

Nier dlc, not on sale though

Is ultra despair girls way different than they first 2? It looks to be a survival game?

Persona 5 i'm considering, but didn't enjoy P4G, so not sure if I would like it.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered ( Never played it, heard good things)

Mirrors Edge for $5 looks like a pretty good deal. This is the kind of stuff I want to see. Older games for cheap. Not recent $60 games for $40 or whatever.

I think I will bite on Uncharted Collection since it does not appear to be any lower than $15 this black friday. that was the same price as last year as well.

Danganronpa 1•2 Reload(standard VN?)
No, the main Danganronpa games are more classic adventure games with some incredibly weird light gun elements thrown in at points. The majority of the game is spent investigating environments and finding clues/interrogating NPCs. Then once that is done you go into courtroom battles where character's words literally fly across the screen and you are aiming and shooting at them to point out contradictions (with all sorts of mechanics around that, it gets pretty complex.) There is plenty of reading to be done but it's not in the style of a VN, all text in the game is strictly dialogue between characters (or the main character thinking to himself) like you'd expect in any other video game.

Haven't played Ultra Despair Girls myself but yes it is a very different game from the first two. It is meant to be played after the first game iirc (I am sure someone else will confirm that.)

Mirrors Edge for $5 looks like a pretty good deal. This is the kind of stuff I want to see. Older games for cheap. Not recent $60 games for $40 or whatever.

I think I will bite on Uncharted Collection since it does not appear to be any lower than $15 this black friday. that was the same price as last year as well.
I remember getting Uncharted Collection and The last of us Remastered for $24 on ebay 2 years ago. Maybe more.

It was just the code in the game paper. Looks like someone bought the ps4 with game codes bundle.

sorry if this was already asked... Wolfenstein 2 deluxe edition includes the DLC correct?
Continue the fight with the Wolfenstein II: The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass and get access to all three DLC packs:
• The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe
• The Diaries of Agent Silent Death
• The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins

I'm a broke ass ***** with a huge backlog. Which of these games would you say is the best price and or value?

I'm just trying to spend my money on the best deals or things that typically won't go on sale.
CAG Logic: I'm broke and I have a huge backlog. I should buy more games!

wait seriously? :O
Like i could play in another state?
Yeah it just all depends on all the networks involved and the more it goes through the worse it's going to get. There's some settings you can adjust too and it can be serviceable but all depends on the various networks it's travelling across.

Um, yea. Performance depends largely on your home upload speeds though.

It's why there was a 3G Vita at launch.
There was a 3G Vita because Sony was trying to make a super premium console replacement or at least market it that way and then it was way too expensive for what little you got in service. Remote play came around years after that was well and truly dead.

My bad I meant the game is still sealed with the steel book sitting next to it unused. I’m just buying the expansions, the season pass is cheaper buying separately.
You could still sell the game and get the complete cheaper overall but that comes down to your desire to do so.

CAG Logic: I'm broke and I have a huge backlog. I should buy more games!
I just bought a car and have been playing almost nothing but fighting games lately so I'm like hey no game buying let's work on my PS3 backlog while I pay this car off! That lasted like a month...

In my cart:

Evil Within 2

Agents of Mayhem

Dishonored Death of the Outsider Deluxe Bundle

Bioshock Collection

Nier Automata

Persona 5

Mirrors Edge Catalyst

Just waiting on my 20% code from the day one digital.

Great price on Mirror's Edge 2. Xcom 2 and Dark souls 3 are a little high for me, Gonna see if any physical copies are on sale during the weekend. No Bloodborne :(

Or you can also save an extra $5 and just get the base game + DLC? Doesn't the deluxe just include some starter weapons that you're going to outlevel anyways?
I thought you could upgrade your weapons.

Aye, I think I'm just going with the setup I showed there.

In my cart:

Evil Within 2
Agents of Mayhem
Bioshock Collection
Nier Automata
Persona 5
Mirrors Edge Catalyst

You might as well get the dishonored collection, as for the other games they're cheaper at best or walmart.

No, the main Danganronpa games are more classic adventure games with some incredibly weird light gun elements thrown in at points. The majority of the game is spent investigating environments and finding clues/interrogating NPCs. Then once that is done you go into courtroom battles where character's words literally fly across the screen and you are aiming and shooting at them to point out contradictions (with all sorts of mechanics around that, it gets pretty complex.) There is plenty of reading to be done but it's not in the style of a VN, all text in the game is strictly dialogue between characters (or the main character thinking to himself) like you'd expect in any other video game.

Haven't played Ultra Despair Girls myself but yes it is a very different game from the first two. It is meant to be played after the first game iirc (I am sure someone else will confirm that.)
Adding to this post, Ultra Despair Girls should be played after the first and second game. It explores a bit of the world described by the first two games, and also spoils both games' stories. As a result, play it last. Also, It plays in the style of a third person shooter with very light puzzle elements occasionally. Just to make things more complicated, once you finish Ultra Despair Girls, there's an anime sequel if you're interested.

In my cart:

Evil Within 2

Agents of Mayhem

Bioshock Collection

Nier Automata

Persona 5

Mirrors Edge Catalyst

You might as well get the dishonored collection, as for the other games they're cheaper at best or walmart.
With that 20% off code , he might be getting a slightly better deal then in store. But I agree about Dishonored, if you haven't already played those Jello1996, I would suggest getting the collection as well.

I wish the ultimate version on Injustice was on sale, hopefully during the flash sale.
Don't know about that, it was on sale like last week or so. Also to note i think they already had the flash sale last friday, if you can wait it'll be like $30 next time maybe.

Remote play discussion was informative.  Didn't know you could use it so long as you had an internet connection wherever you are.  I'll have to try that at work sometime.  3g vita wise you can also use it as a phone/get a sim card for it but yeat origially remote play was intended for the ps3 and we all know what happened there.  Still mad I missed out on the lawsuit credits :/

Remote play discussion was informative. Didn't know you could use it so long as you had an internet connection wherever you are. I'll have to try that at work sometime. 3g vita wise you can also use it as a phone/get a sim card for it but yeat origially remote play was intended for the ps3 and we all know what happened there. Still mad I missed out on the lawsuit credits :/
Yup there's posts on reddit about people playing their ps4 games on vita while in another country than where their ps4 is too i remember seeing. Same with PSTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back