PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently have these sitting in my cart
Battlefield 1/titanfall 2
Evil within 2
Valkryia Chronicles remastered
Uncharted collection
Dangonronpa 1.2
Yakuza 0

Now I'm waiting for this flash sale to see what more I might add.

And what does this have to do with the conversation? Shouldn’t you be outraged at whoever is destroying the environment? Why do you feel the need to say “Democrats do it too!” when someone is talking about how this administration is raping the environment?
Dude. Reread your post on the previous page. This post I have just quoted does not fit.

Anyone that played shadow of war..

Is the loot stuff,glitches that bad? Or just overblown. I'm on the fence between that and yakuza 0 and I know 0 Japanese! lol

Thank you in advance

Do you miss out on anything if you buy Fallout 4 GOTY? Just trying to figure out why it is $30 and the base game + season pass is $45...

I wouldnt bank on Comcast or Verizon or Cox being reasonable about it. If history is any indication they will do everything they can to turn the internet into something akin to cable. Anyone who is not wealthy should not vote Republican unless its a reasonable Republican and not a free market fanatic. The Democrats are not much better in a lot of things. But at least they do not want to throw clean air and water regulations out the window and let corporations do whatever they want to maximize profits at the expense of public health and well being.
This is a really unfair look at why people are 'anti-regulation'. It's not because they want corporations to "do whatever they want to maximize profits at the expense of public health and well being".

The issue you're glossing over is that regulations are written by lobbyists for the very companies that they're supposed to be limiting, and then signed into law on the back of bills like 'save the children!'. Many regulations actually allow what they were supposed to stop, or otherwise 'backdoor' intentional loopholes for the worst offenders.

As a simple example, when 'organic' got regulated, they actually allowed a certain amount of pesticides and other non-organic techniques. Meanwhile, in order to get certified organic, you need to pay for extremely expensive licensing/tests. The end result is stuff like the organic farmers I've known for decades are no longer allowed to say their organic food is organic [they can't afford to] and large companies can now use certain pesticides and still call their food organic.

Back on topic, most people who are 'anti-regulation' see regulations like this being written all the time. And, despite the way some try to spin it, they aren't promoting a world where corporations can do whatever they want. Rather, they simply change how it is dealt with. So, for example, if a company is calling food 'organic' that isn't, they'd be sued for false advertising. If a company is polluting, they'd be sued for property damage, etc. So, instead of legalizing pollution 'up to a certain degree' with regulations, each case would be handled by the law.

I'm not saying that's a perfect solution - but it's at least an accurate representation of why many people [generally conservatives] dislike gov't intervention [in this case, regulations]. It's not because they want to destroy the world, but rather, because they think regulations are the wrong way to save it.

Now, personally, I think we here should regulate Flash Sales. All items must be 80% discount or more. Every PS4 item on sale must be matched by a vita game on sale. And finally, those in charge of writing these regulations [me], should get a subsidy that pays for all games I buy. Thank you.

This is a really unfair look at why people are 'anti-regulation'. It's not because they want corporations to "do whatever they want to maximize profits at the expense of public health and well being".

The issue you're glossing over is that regulations are written by lobbyists for the very companies that they're supposed to be limiting, and then signed into law on the back of bills like 'save the children!'. Many regulations actually allow what they were supposed to stop, or otherwise 'backdoor' intentional loopholes for the worst offenders.

As a simple example, when 'organic' got regulated, they actually allowed a certain amount of pesticides and other non-organic techniques. Meanwhile, in order to get certified organic, you need to pay for extremely expensive licensing/tests. The end result is stuff like the organic farmers I've known for decades are no longer allowed to say their organic food is organic [they can't afford to] and large companies can now use certain pesticides and still call their food organic.

Back on topic, most people who are 'anti-regulation' see regulations like this being written all the time. And, despite the way some try to spin it, they aren't promoting a world where corporations can do whatever they want. Rather, they simply change how it is dealt with. So, for example, if a company is calling food 'organic' that isn't, they'd be sued for false advertising. If a company is polluting, they'd be sued for property damage, etc. So, instead of legalizing pollution 'up to a certain degree' with regulations, each case would be handled by the law.

I'm not saying that's a perfect solution - but it's at least an accurate representation of why many people [generally conservatives] dislike gov't intervention [in this case, regulations]. It's not because they want to destroy the world, but rather, because they think regulations are the wrong way to save it.

Now, personally, I think we here should regulate Flash Sales. All items must be 80% discount or more. Every PS4 item on sale must be matched by a vita game on sale. And finally, those in charge of writing these regulations [me], should get a subsidy that pays for all games I buy. Thank you.
Thats all well and good, but kinda overlooks how Scott Pruitt is dismantling regulations at the EPA and favoring Oil,Gas, and mining interests over the environment. Regulations in theory are put in place to safe guard the public or to hold powerful interests accountable to the public interest. Also conservatives just passed a bill granting Equifax and Wells Fargo immunity from any class actions suits for their anti-consumer practices. Lets not forget the amount of corporate donations both parities receive and most corporate donations do go to the Republican party. Just look it up on opensecrets.org. I realize corporations use their influence to rewrite legislation to favor them, but the intial intent to have regulatory supervision on what constitues clean water or air is in the best interest of everybody (They lobbied heavily against the Clean Air and Water Act).

And of course their is the Net Neutrality issue, which Comcast and Verizon have lined the pockets of Republicans and corporate Democrats to get their way. They do not spend millions in campaign contributions and billions in lobbying to overturn regulations because regulations benefit them. If that was the case they wouldnt have been trying to promote deregulation and privitization so heavily for the past 40 years. Some regulations are unnecessary, I agree, but getting rid of critical regulations is like winding the clock back to the Industrial Age. Also, an individual filing a lawsuit against a multi-national corporation is David vs. Goliath and does not generally favor David, given David does not have a few million dollar plus law team on his side. Anyway, I respect your view, but obviously this is not the place for this debate.

But I do agree we need regulations on PS Store that will get you and I free games lol.

Is the loot stuff,glitches that bad? Or just overblown. I'm on the fence between that and yakuza 0 and I know 0 Japanese! lol

Thank you in advance
Overblown same with Ass Creed. I'm playing them both. Not once have I felt like I need to buy anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

People who are anti-regulation should look at pictures of our country before the EPA and other regulations were enacted. They might not be perfect but fighting for no regulations will make things far worse.

Regulations end up helping the big companies and hurting the smaller companies. The small companies cannot afford the regulations and end up being swallowed up by the larger companies. I work in a heavily regulated industry and each time we get a new wave of regulations, my company ends up acquiring a few more firms/

Regulations end up helping the big companies and hurting the smaller companies. The small companies cannot afford the regulations and end up being swallowed up by the larger companies. I work in a heavily regulated industry and each time we get a new wave of regulations, my company ends up acquiring a few more firms/
Thats because smaller companies do not have the economic clout to buy their way out of regulatory oversight or buy off politicians to get their way. I think any small company who meets regulatory requirements should be given an incentive like a tax credit or something due to it being a much larger economic burden upon them and hurts them finically, but does not hurt a multi-national due to their larger economic portfolio. The problem really has to do with money dictating politics and those with the most money manipulate government to get their way at the expense of everyone else.

Anyway, wrong place for this discussion.

Thats all well and good, but kinda overlooks how Scott Pruitt is dismantling regulations at the EPA and favoring Oil,Gas, and mining interests over the environment. Regulations in theory are put in place to safe guard the public or to hold powerful interests accountable to the public interest
Obama put a Monsanto executive in charge of the FDA. This is beyond our party system, both parties are in bed with big business. That's the problem. Between lobbyists and appointments, we're up to our necks in straight up corruption.

Last 2 sonyrewards psn cards have taken like a week to be sent. It used to be instant, but now it's gotten slower.

Obama put a Monsanto executive in charge of the FDA. This is beyond our party system, both parties are in bed with big business. That's the problem. Between lobbyists and appointments, we're up to our necks in straight up corruption.
I agree.

Thank you in advance
The loot box stuff ruins trying to get the best ending, since it's and rng slog.
I'm waiting for the eventual complete version in 6-10 months.

Thats because smaller companies do not have the economic clout to buy their way out of regulatory oversight or buy off politicians to get their way. I think any small company who meets regulatory requirements should be given an incentive like a tax credit or something due to it being a much larger economic burden upon them and hurts them finically, but does not hurt a multi-national due to their larger economic portfolio. The problem really has to do with money dictating politics and those with the most money manipulate government to get their way at the expense of everyone else.

Anyway, wrong place for this discussion.
It's because larger companies can afford to keep staff employed who only deal with the impact of added regulations. Smaller companies cannot afford the staffing costs to keep up with the regulatory requirements. They can afford to spend the millions necessary

And yes, we can better afford to send representatives to Capitol Hill.

Well guys I think we did it. With the politics talk and the number of people doubting that the sale is even happening this us become the worst waiting for Thanksgiving sales thread of the year. I'm proud of us.

Well guys I think we did it. With the politics talk and the number of people doubting that the sale is even happening this us become the worst waiting for Thanksgiving sales thread of the year. I'm proud of us.
Hey, if incessant political talk had driven enough people away last night, maybe Best Buy's site wouldn't have buckled. We'll have to keep that in mind for next year.

Sigh... No one?
No one else is going to so it?

Fine..

It's a trap!

perhaps I'm in the minority but the only posts I find annoying really are the ones where people come in and try to dictate what others can say or talk about

I don't really see a problem with people asking for opinions on products or talking about things that affect gaming or even casual convo in between deals that pop up

I'm torn about picking up Injustice 2 digital and using my 20 percent off coupon, or just picking up a physical disk. I kind of want to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition since they recently revealed the TMNT pack. Had no interest until seeing that and this game looks pretty awesome. Also might grab it on XB1 since it just got an X patch, and the UE is on sale for 45 bucks there, but I prefer the PS4 controller for fighting games.

Ah, what am I going to do?! Oh and obligatory patiently waiting for the Flash Sale.

I will take full responsibility. It is my fault. I will go and stand in the corner now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back