PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Horizon Zero Dawn worth the 20 bucks price of admission? What about Far Cry Primal as well?
YES!!!
More than worth it, simple an amazing game

(I personally loved it more than Breath of the Wild. I played BoTW all the way through on Wii U and Switch, but I 100% and Platinumed Horizon)

YES!!!
(I personally loved it more than Breath of the Wild. I played BoTW all the way through on Wii U and Switch, but I 100% and Platinumed Horizon)
Yup. Way better than BoTW in my opinion. Super worth it. The game is a beauty and the gameplay is outstanding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Horizon is a great game. You get a great narrative & outstanding gameplay with a strong, female protagonist and she's never sexualized so you don't have to stop and fap every half hour like with Bayonetta.

YES!!!

I played the game for about 2 hours and I thought the pacing was slow. so I traded it without a loss. now that it is on sale I will give another try.

Is Horizon Zero Dawn worth the 20 bucks price of admission? What about Far Cry Primal as well?
HZD is amazing and well worth $20. I also loved Far Cry Primal, but fair warning, the games have a lot in common, and if you play HZD first, you might end up finding Far Cry Primal disappointing.

Pretty sure whatever quote from PSN that keeps getting referenced never said anything about Thursday at all. We just assumed since the last few years had been today that it would be the same. But I guess this year Sony considers Black Friday to be on Friday. Crazy bastards.

I bought it at 40, beat it, then traded it back for 40 during a trade-in boost. But it's going to be a rare re-buy for me at these bargain prices. I would prefer digital this time, but 14 bucks at GS is hard to pass up.
I'm leaning towards digital since it will probably be something that I would play for a bit and then jump into another game. I don't really trade my games in anymore and if I picked up the UE content I would want to keep it in my collection anyway. I have thru the weekend to decide.

perhaps I'm in the minority but the only posts I find annoying really are the ones where people come in and try to dictate what others can say or talk about

I don't really see a problem with people asking for opinions on products or talking about things that affect gaming or even casual convo in between deals that pop up
Posts whining about what’s being posted are way better than politics. Let’s go back to asking the same questions repeatedly though.

I just think if you are going to post something that long, you should at least put a spoiler over it. Regardless if it’s really contributing to the conversation or not. Just to keep the thread moving. That being said, HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING EVERYONE!!! :)

I plat'd Far Cry Primal right before HZD came out, and immediately plat'd that next. You use a bow in each, so i was in bow overload. I would put a game between them if possible.

Primal is a solid Far Cry open world game with hunting and a cool concept. It's not perfect, but it is quite fun.

HZD is a masterpiece, with a tremendous sci-fi backstory, far better than you'd ever hope to get in a 'robot dinosaur' game. It has flaws too [namely, humanoid enemies are awful], but the pros far outshine any negatives.

HZD was worth $60, and Primal is worth playing at whatever price you feel comfortable with [$10 to $20, for sure, imo]

Horizon is a great game. You get a great narrative & outstanding gameplay with a strong, female protagonist and she's never sexualized so you don't have to stop and fap every half hour like with Bayonetta.
Aloy is like the hottest protag of all time.

is Fallout 4 worth playing? i can get it for 30 [goty] and have 15 credit...  i liked 3, but found the humor/plot obnoxious.

Come back from Thanksgiving dinner expecting to find all kinds of exciting Flash sale deals and ....nothing.

Oh well, hope we get something good tomorrow. Have some credit to burn but not going be patient one more day.

Thought about doing the OG PS4 to slim trade at GS but guess I shouldn’t be shocked that they finally dropped the trade value to $110 instead of $130. Still only $40 to upgrade if you deduct the $50 GC. But that’s still $90 out of pocket so I’m going to pass. I can live with my fatty having just bought an X1X too.

Thought about doing the OG PS4 to slim trade at GS but guess I shouldn’t be shocked that they finally dropped the trade value to $110 instead of $130. Still only $40 to upgrade if you deduct the $50 GC. But that’s still $90 out of pocket so I’m going to pass. I can live with my fatty having just bought an X1X too.
Don't feel bad. You're not the only one who seriously thought about this deal only to decide not to bite at the last minute. I spent most of the morning debating it internally only to drive to GameStop this afternoon to just buy a Steam Controller instead. I have limited Black Friday funds to spend this year, so I decided to just stick with my original 500 gb PS4 instead of picking up a fresh system at GameStop. If I could just finally play and beat The Last of Us on my OG PS4, I can finally delete it and add some more games. I think I have over 100 games on it already. But, I mainly play Spelunky on it once a day to post to the leaderboard and then turn it off.

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one who seriously thought about this deal only to decide not to bite at the last minute. I spent most of the morning debating it internally only to drive to GameStop this afternoon to just buy a Steam Controller instead. I have limited Black Friday funds to spend this year, so I decided to just stick with my original 500 gb PS4 instead of picking up a fresh system at GameStop. If I could just finally play and beat The Last of Us on my OG PS4, I can finally delete it and add some more games. I think I have over 100 games on it already. But, I mainly play Spelunky on it once a day to post to the leaderboard and then turn it off.
Only way I update is to get a Pro. No reason to upgrade to slim, not advantages or upgrades.

Only way I update is to get a Pro. No reason to upgrade to slim, not advantages or upgrades.
Main reason I would upgrade is because it has 5 ghz WiFi. My Xbox One X gets like 50 mb/s on 5 ghz right next to my OG PS4 that gets like 5-7 mb/s on 2.4 ghz. I know some of the difference is just PSN being slow but I’d be interested to see. Also understand the slim is quieter.

Main reason I would upgrade is because it has 5 ghz WiFi. My Xbox One X gets like 50 mb/s on 5 ghz right next to my OG PS4 that gets like 5-7 mb/s on 2.4 ghz. I know some of the difference is just PSN being slow but I’d be interested to see. Also understand the slim is quieter.
This and new warranty.

So I'm totally thinking of biting the bullet right now and placing an order. I currently have the 20% code active and I'm planning to get AC: Origins Gold, Shadow of War Gold, Wolfenstein 2 Deluxe and Nier. Surprisingly enough, it lets me have all of this in my cart and it comes out to $172.76.

Outside of these, the only other games I'm interested in are Crash Trilogy, South Park, and NFS Payback. I can't really think of anything else that isn't already on sale. I doubt GT Sport and Battlefront 2 will be on sale and I already picked up CoD WWII for $40 physical.

I might swap out Nier though, since I already have that coming from Best Buy, but with the 20% off, it's basically the same price after taxes.

So I'm thinking about getting the uncharted collection , and injustice 2. I'm just not sure if I want the 14.00 disc or pay a couple extra dollars for the digital version?
I haven't played either and heard good things.
Also indecisive about the show 17 being 14.99 for the digital. I still have my mvp disc edition and play it. The retro mode is worth keeping for me. I think that's why I'm tempted to get the digital version and figure out what to do with the disc if I decide on switching.

Does injustice 2 have a good bit of single player content?

So I'm thinking about getting the uncharted collection , and injustice 2. I'm just not sure if I want the 14.00 disc or pay a couple extra dollars for the digital version?
Also indecisive about the show 17 being 14.99 for the digital. I still have my mvp disc edition and play it. The retro mode is worth keeping for me. I think that's why I'm tempted to get the digital version and figure out what to do with the disc if I decide on switching.

Injustice 2 is great. t has the story mode, which you can complete in 5-6 hours, maybe less. But it also has the multiverse mode, which is single player, and it refreshes every 3, 6, 12 or 24 hours, depending on which "world" it is. It definitely adds some longevity to the game if you're not interested in MP, and it's where you'll spend the most time earning gear and mother boxes.

I'm also in the same boat with MLB though. $15 is a great price, and while I don't play my MVP edition, I kinda don't want to trade the Steelbook in to Best Buy. But I'd also rather have it digitally.

My opinion just wait a bit longer for the ultimate edition to drop. Getting that would give tmnt and hellboy character and others. If you can't wait and don't care for dlc characters then get it wherever it's cheaper. It had good single player content I believe.

YES!!!

Yup. Way better than BoTW in my opinion. Super worth it. The game is a beauty and the gameplay is outstanding.

Now I know elitewillie prefers guided experiences so I can understand why he would like HZD more than BotW but I want to hear somebody else's reasons. I mean I liked HZD (the base game at least as I found the DLC to be fairly dull) but it's not in the same league as BotW to me. BotW really delivered the joy of exploration that so many open world games lack.

Now I know elitewillie prefers guided experiences so I can understand why he would like HZD more than BotW but I want to hear somebody else's reasons. I mean I liked HZD (the base game at least as I found the DLC to be fairly dull) but it's not in the same league as BotW to me. BotW really delivered the joy of exploration that so many open world games lack.
The more games I play the more I realize how much I really like games that guide me and have icons. Lol. I'm loving Assassin's Creed Origins cause of all the damn icons to find. Lol

with the black friday deals on the slim I finally rejoined the ps community, any thoughts on the current ps plus offerings? none really looked too interesting to me.

with the black friday deals on the slim I finally rejoined the ps community, any thoughts on the current ps plus offerings? none really looked too interesting to me.
Nier automata imo. Best game I've played this generation. Just look at most Playstation exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back