PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
5 weeks? what the :censored: I am scared for my wallet
I'm legitimately depressed after viewing today's deals. I spent all of last night whittling down the prior lists to 2 or 3 titles. Now this. I've just added 30 more to my "must-have" list and they're all in the moderate-to-mostly expensive range which would come out to $100+ easy. And these are some I've had on my Amazon wish list for ages. This might be the worst week yet for me. I have no PSN credit left, nor any promo codes. And I'm completely out of space on my PS4 hard drive, which is just annoying. Plus now I'm regretting 3 or 4 titles I passed up last night which expired this morning. I can't win.

any thoughts on these games?

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Late Shift

Sherlock Holmes : The Devil's Daughter
All three will probably be going in my cart. I've played the previous Sherlock Holmes games on PS3 and they're really fun. $9.99 might be the sweet spot (currently $19.99 on Amazon). Late Shift looks really cool, I've always loved FMV games. Also, check out The Bunker.

Fuuuuuuck me. :whistle2:(

Well, at least there's absolutely nothing free on PS+ this month that I want. :roll:

The don’t starve mega pack shows as $10.79 for me both on mobile and in my PS4 cart. I own just the base “don’t starve console edition” game.
That's not a sale, it's a discount for those that owned the original game when they released Don't Starve Together so you could get that, the two DLC packs for Don't Starve, and some themes on the cheap. I guess it never ended, but since I own all of it after buying that bundle, I can't see the discount anyway.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/25/dont-starve-together-heading-to-ps4-september-13/

I almost bought the PS3 version of Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls because CAG tweeted the wrong version on sale. 

EMsViIH.jpg

Should I pull the trigger and just pick up both Resident Evil 7 and the Season Pass? I also have a 20% off coupon to use...
I remember a couple of weeks ago when a price error on Amazon made the Gold Edition briefly available for $19.99. I actually had it in my cart, then said to myself, "Nah, it's too expensive."

I'm the stupidest human being on the planet.

Then again, I played the "Kitchen" teaser in VR and it was possibly the scariest thing I've ever experienced. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse...

To answer your question: Don't be an idiot like me and wait till it's too late.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Artifex Mundi titles (Enigmatis, Eventide, Lost Grimoires)? Are they all pretty much the same hidden object games? It seems marginally interesting, but it might make it easier if I just eliminate them all.

Also, anyone have any experience with Firewatch or The Witness? Oh, and Tethered? What about Escape Plan?

I've got my cart down to a solid 9 items ($80), I'm trying to decide the last slot.

And I hate to be a broken record (sorry for all the posts), but if anyone is willing to part with a 20% off code, I can offer $5 PayPal or blowjob lips. Your choice.

Shit! Like 100 games start to finish? I think I got to around 13 or 14 (many of them pretty short), which at least beat my goal of a game a month. #NolifeGoals
100 games in one year is about 3.5 days spent with a game. I’m not sure I’ve ever spent that little time on a game. Even something like Until Dawn I spent a week with.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Artifex Mundi titles (Enigmatis, Eventide, Lost Grimoires)? Are they all pretty much the same hidden object games? It seems marginally interesting, but it might make it easier if I just eliminate them all.

Also, anyone have any experience with Firewatch or The Witness?
A couple Christmases ago, I got hooked on Hidden Object games due to my girlfriend getting me a four pack of Hidden Object PC games, despite me never having played any, because it was Fairy Tale themed and I had recently gotten into the lore of various fairy tales (due to comics like Vertigo's Fables and Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales.) As a result, I've collected all the Artifex Mundi games that have been released on the PS4 thus far (either via sale or coupon, of course.) While I've not had a chance to play the ones for the PS4 yet, it is my understanding that the Artifex Mundi ones are among the higher quality developers of Hidden Object games.

I have played Firewatch, though. My local game dev group gets together once a month for a round-table discussion on a game (kind of like a book-of-the-month club) that we record as a podcast, and Firewatch was one we did earlier in the year. The graphics are wonderful, and the story and mystery are definitely solid. However, the game is very linear, and despite giving the illusion of choice, your actions don't really change much of the story when all is said and done. That being said, however, I found it definitely worth the playthrough.

Gah! I bought Adventures of Mana earlier with my 20% coupon. Haven't touched it yet, should have waited.  Oh well...

I'm legitimately depressed after viewing today's deals. I spent all of last night whittling down the prior lists to 2 or 3 titles. Now this. I've just added 30 more to my "must-have" list and they're all in the moderate-to-mostly expensive range which would come out to $100+ easy. And these are some I've had on my Amazon wish list for ages. This might be the worst week yet for me. I have no PSN credit left, nor any promo codes. And I'm completely out of space on my PS4 hard drive, which is just annoying. Plus now I'm regretting 3 or 4 titles I passed up last night which expired this morning. I can't win.

All three will probably be going in my cart. I've played the previous Sherlock Holmes games on PS3 and they're really fun. $9.99 might be the sweet spot (currently $19.99 on Amazon). Late Shift looks really cool, I've always loved FMV games. Also, check out The Bunker.

Fuuuuuuck me. :whistle2:(

Well, at least there's absolutely nothing free on PS+ this month that I want. :roll:
Eh if they're in the moderate to expensive range, just wait, they'll be cheaper soon enough. If you have a hard drive full of games, that either means you have to clear a bunch you finished or (more likely, like me) you have a huge backlog that would only get bigger if you splurged on more games.

At least that's what I tell myself to try to convince myself not to splurge even more if the game is not something I'm going to play immediately. Like RE7 is tempting, but I just wouldn't get to it by the time it'll go on sale again. Right now I'm really tempted with Romance of the Three Kingdoms but I also don't think I'll get to it, and the deal isn't super great. Dark Souls 3 is tempting but I never even finished 2, and it won't go anywhere. But something like Gravity Rush is cheap enough and I'd probably play at least a bit of it.

Not sure if the Batman Telltale season pass will work like the past ps+ episodic season passes (GoT and LiS), but might be worth a shot if you can hold off playing until next month. I can't remember if anyone tested with getting the other GoT/LiS episodes during same time period when its SP was free to see if it gave them an expiration date or not.

If you can't wait to play this Batman, please let us know if any episodes you download now also expire when your ps+ sub runs out.

TL;DR: Get free ps+ Batman SP now, backlog it, wait until it drops off next month, then get the individual episodes since you still "own" the SP ps+ version. Doing it this way should let you keep them even after your sub expires
After getting the season pass thru plus, besides the season pass the first episode also shows as purchased. The other episodes show as free but not purchased. I assume if you owned/purchase the first episode before "buying" the PS+ season pass then it would work like that (both GoT and TotB Ep. 1s were free before the season pass was given thru PS+, not sure about LiS as I had already bought the deluxe version). But at least the 1st episode is tied to PS+ if you get the season pass first.

A couple Christmases ago, I got hooked on Hidden Object games due to my girlfriend getting me a four pack of Hidden Object PC games, despite me never having played any, because it was Fairy Tale themed and I had recently gotten into the lore of various fairy tales (due to comics like Vertigo's Fables and Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales.) As a result, I've collected all the Artifex Mundi games that have been released on the PS4 thus far (either via sale or coupon, of course.) While I've not had a chance to play the ones for the PS4 yet, it is my understanding that the Artifex Mundi ones are among the higher quality developers of Hidden Object games.

I have played Firewatch, though. My local game dev group gets together once a month for a round-table discussion on a game (kind of like a book-of-the-month club) that we record as a podcast, and Firewatch was one we did earlier in the year. The graphics are wonderful, and the story and mystery are definitely solid. However, the game is very linear, and despite giving the illusion of choice, your actions don't really change much of the story when all is said and done. That being said, however, I found it definitely worth the playthrough.
So what you're saying is... I need two carts. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking Firewatch is a worthy contender for the backlog. And as much as I'd like to get into the Artifex Mundi games, a lot of them are not discounted at the moment. Don't you hate when you see a sequel game on sale, while the first one is still at full price? The OCD in me will not allow me to skip ahead.

Eh if they're in the moderate to expensive range, just wait, they'll be cheaper soon enough. If you have a hard drive full of games, that either means you have to clear a bunch you finished or (more likely, like me) you have a huge backlog that would only get bigger if you splurged on more games.
Definitely the latter problem. Thing is, I've lived to regret nearly every single deal I've skipped out on. I know I'll be kicking myself later when they're back at full price. Of course, if I wait long enough, eventually everything will drop down in price -- but by then, my priority will be the newer releases that are out of my reach. It's quite the predicament. The annoying thing is that the games I really want are the most expensive, and the ones that I could do without are all at bargain bin prices, and I feel like I should stock up on those now. I really don't know what to do. I get the feeling Week 5 is going to break me.

tenor.gif

Is Diablo 3 Eternal worth $30?
I played D3 vanilla on PS3 a few years ago and generally enjoyed it. Just not sure if the upgrade and additions are worth the (sorta high) price of admission.

I played D3 vanilla on PS3 a few years ago and generally enjoyed it. Just not sure if the upgrade and additions are worth the (sorta high) price of admission.
If you would like to play it then yes. I bought the Ultimate Evil Edition a while back for $30. I had never played it before and I had fun playing it with my siblings.

I'm wondering if the Necromancer DLC is worth buying.

If you're talking about the actual vanilla version of the game and not the PS3 version of UEE then it's basically a completely different game. Every class saw massive changes, the loot system is completely changed, and adventure mode and rifts are the meat of the game now instead of just running your favorite act of story mode over and over again while maybe crafting a hellfire ring at some point and then quitting.

It's still showing $26 for me :(

What is everyone's opinion on this game?
The only type of survivor game I have played is the flame in the flood
Don't Starve is fantastic. You'll run around and die in a week. Then you'll make it a season, then you'll make it a year...

You collect stuff, figure out how to craft stuff, etc... I'm not generally fond of this style of game, but I really ended up liking DS.

I'm wondering if the Necromancer DLC is worth buying.
Just comes down to if you want to play as it or not. Personally in terms of fun I rank it somewhere in the middle but that is always going to be heavily subjective (my favorite classes are barb and monk, least favorites are demon hunter and crusader.) I will say from just a design perspective it is MUCH better than the Crusader. The D3 team went through a lot of changes after vanilla cause the negative reaction to the game and the people that took over were responsible for the Crusader and it was just a disaster really. It's clear they designed the class hand-in-hand alongside the revamped loot system and unlike other classes you can't really make a competent build without getting some items to beef up your abilities.

I bring that up because necro is completely the opposite, it works incredibly well without any items and they did a good job at making it feel very different (in terms of playstyle), unlike crusader, which just felt like a slower clunkier barbarian at launch. It also has a good mix of builds to choose from, pure melee, pure ranged, hybrid, or pet focused.

Any thoughts on buying Disgaea 5 without the DLC?
Disgaea 5 is a decent Disgaea game without the DLC. It doesn't do anything special and the story and characters are just decent. I didn't find them too great. To me this series is way too samey throughout the years (skipping just Disgaea 3 here). It gets boring, but this one is solid enough as it is.

Thanks Frisky for the list.

I went through each one and Resogun, strangely, was free for me instead of $2.99. I'll take it! :D

Does anyone have opinions on the following (top 3 look fun, last 1 looks interesting):  

1) Assault Android Cactus

2) Counterspy

3) Flinthook

4) Lili: Child of Geos

Pondering on these. I prefer physical copies over digital copies.

1) Battle Chasers: Nightwar

2) Grand Kingdom 

3) Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

Thanks for any help. :D

I went through each one and Resogun, strangely, was free for me instead of $2.99. I'll take it! :D

Does anyone have opinions on the following (top 3 look fun, last 1 looks interesting):

2) Counterspy

3) Flinthook

2) Grand Kingdom

Nightwar is $8 at Target on clearance if you can find one. I highly recommend it.

100 games in one year is about 3.5 days spent with a game. I’m not sure I’ve ever spent that little time on a game. Even something like Until Dawn I spent a week with.
At least 20 of the games I played through I spent 50 or so hours on. I also play a lot of shorter story driven games. I like lot's of different types of games and I don't use game length as a measure of quality.

If you're talking about the actual vanilla version of the game and not the PS3 version of UEE then it's basically a completely different game. Every class saw massive changes, the loot system is completely changed, and adventure mode and rifts are the meat of the game now instead of just running your favorite act of story mode over and over again while maybe crafting a hellfire ring at some point and then quitting.
Yea, I played the vanilla version only, not UEE.
I did enjoy it and would probably enjoy playing this revamped version. But I just got the PS4 and like 25 games so it's just gonna go in the backlog for now. Not sure if this is my bite price or not for backlogging.

I feel like I've been waiting ages for the witness to drop to $10. Of course when it does I don't have my ps+ discount. Ugh.

I feel like I've been waiting ages for the witness to drop to $10. Of course when it does I don't have my ps+ discount. Ugh.
The same thing happened to me with the witcher 3 complete edition. I went ahead and picked up another ps plus card, I needed a new one anyway.

Yea, I played the vanilla version only, not UEE.
I did enjoy it and would probably enjoy playing this revamped version. But I just got the PS4 and like 25 games so it's just gonna go in the backlog for now. Not sure if this is my bite price or not for backlogging.
Best to wait then I'd say, it probably won't get much cheaper than it is now but Blizz's games go on sale fairly regularly so you can just get it at some other point. Looking at psprices this is like the 3rd time it's been on sale and this version of the game has only been out around 6 months.

For those asking about Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter it's available on Xbox Game Pass for $1 or else 80% discount on PSN is a fair deal. I thought the game was fun and you will like it too if you like detective sleuthing games similar to LA Noire for lack of a better example.

2) Counterspy

3) Flinthook

2) Grand Kingdom

Assault Android Cactus is excellent. Counterspy is alright, we got it free on Plus ages ago.

2) Counterspy
3) Flinthook

2) Grand Kingdom

Assault Android Cactus is really fun as an arcade-style dual-stick shooter that has a Dreamcast vibe to its style for me.

CounterSpy is a favorite of mine with a Metroid-style structure of exploration of levels but with more of a stealth focus to how you approach enemies and such that was a cool spin on that genre.

Just comes down to if you want to play as it or not. Personally in terms of fun I rank it somewhere in the middle but that is always going to be heavily subjective (my favorite classes are barb and monk, least favorites are demon hunter and crusader.) I will say from just a design perspective it is MUCH better than the Crusader. The D3 team went through a lot of changes after vanilla cause the negative reaction to the game and the people that took over were responsible for the Crusader and it was just a disaster really. It's clear they designed the class hand-in-hand alongside the revamped loot system and unlike other classes you can't really make a competent build without getting some items to beef up your abilities.

I bring that up because necro is completely the opposite, it works incredibly well without any items and they did a good job at making it feel very different (in terms of playstyle), unlike crusader, which just felt like a slower clunkier barbarian at launch. It also has a good mix of builds to choose from, pure melee, pure ranged, hybrid, or pet focused.
What? The Crusader is the best class in the game. It's a magical Captain America.

D3 Crusader:

Release, was OP as Hell.

Then they nerfed it to Hell.

They slowly brought it back to be playable.

Now, they brought back the old OP Crusader.

D3 Necro:

Release was OP as Hell.

Then they nerfed a SINGLE build.

Subsequent patches, have made the Necro even more OP.

The build they nerfed, got tweaked and is now *almost* as good as the pre nerf build.

Last I checked (3-4 weeks ago) Necro had the highest solo GR clear, by like 4 GR levels. 

They have buffed all the classes (finally) so all are viable now, some still better than others. (Necro, Barb, Sader still better than the rest. highest solo clear anyway)

Zenax has good points on how the Necro is, it's pretty much any playstyle you want it to be. Melee? check. Ranged? check. Pet class? check. LazyStorm? check.  :cool:

All builds can be very powerful. 

I have played D3 WAY too much... From launch till this current season. PC and Console. 

PC still better and a much larger community (and no cheats) But Console is damn fun, just be careful about who you play with.. it's not nearly as bad now but there are a ton of cheaters out there. (unsure if there are any seasonal cheats out there now, there has been some serious cheating going on before though)

I've been circling around this one, too, and would appreciate any input. It seems like something that would appeal to me, kind of a cartoonish Tomb Raider with minigames and a healthy dose of humor. I really need 11 spots in my cart.

What? The Crusader is the best class in the game. It's a magical Captain America.
I disagree as I've never really found much fun in crusader but that is not really what I was getting at. My point is that it was a poorly designed class because it's always been much more dependent on items than everyone else. There is a reason that in the first season Blizz added "The Thrill" conquest (beat a specific level greater rift without using any set items) there was literally only 1 crusader to make it onto the top 100 leaderboard. Their ability options are just too intertwined into their armor and weapons.

How the crusader was designed had me worried about the necromancer but thankfully the necro is really well done. Feels very unique despite doing similar things to other classes, especially with the corpse mechanic which is unlike anything else in D3.

http://delistedgames.com/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/

King of fighters xiii has been delisted but i thought you could go back in your transaction history or download list and get it?

It was free on ps+ on oct 9 2012. I am in my download list for ps3 and went all the way back to oct 2012 and it is not listed there to redownload.

Any way to get it?
I see it on my download list and have the option to download it. Not sure how to help you find it in your own list cause whenever I re-up PS+ every PS+ game on my download list has its purchase date changed to the day I re-upped (so right now KoF is October 2017) but I can certainly confirm it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back