PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it on my download list and have the option to download it. Not sure how to help you find it in your own list cause whenever I re-up PS+ every PS+ game on my download list has its purchase date changed to the day I re-upped (so right now KoF is October 2017) but I can certainly confirm it's there.
thanks. It is missing from my download list on my actual ps3 but i was able to use the android app to eventually find it there. I had to scroll through 25-30 pages to find it. It was horrible. Something needs to be done so we have an easier time re-downloading our stuff. There isn't even a search function for our download list on the app 👿

Is Diablo 3 worth it? I played it back when it first game and enjoyed it but sold my copy a while back. Wondering if this discount is a good way to get back into it.
If I didn't have tons of shit on my PC copy, I would be playing the PS4 version. I own both, I just never play the PS4 copy, but it is worth it to those that don't already have it on PC. Necro expansion is very mediocre. Hoping they bring Grim Dawn to consoles.
Plus the console versions are the only way to play on controller (including roll left+right). The game has oodles of replay-ness, so why not go for it?

Looking at Resogun, Prototype Franchies Bundle, and The Last Guardian. Still on the fence about the Vector Unit Triple Pack.
Remember the Prototype franchise bundle is for PS3 ... which isn't so bad if you read the reviews and find out the overpriced PS4 versions look worse (due to massive anti-aliasing & noticeable frame drops) than the original PS3 versions.

$10 is an absolute steal for The Witness.  If you even have a passing interest in unique environments and puzzles built around them in games, then buy it.  Can't recommend it enough. 

Anyone played Battle Chasers that would want to offer some opinions?  I love the art style.  I'm wondering if it would be a good remote play game.

I feel like I've been waiting ages for the witness to drop to $10. Of course when it does I don't have my ps+ discount. Ugh.
The Witness is maybe the greatest piece of video-game design ever implemented. I felt like it was a bargain at full price. At $10, it's a fucking steal.

http://delistedgames.com/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/
King of fighters xiii has been delisted but i thought you could go back in your transaction history or download list and get it? It was free on ps+ on oct 9 2012. I am in my download list for ps3 and went all the way back to oct 2012 and it is not listed there to redownload. Any way to get it?
I see it on my download list and have the option to download it. Not sure how to help you find it in your own list cause whenever I re-up PS+ every PS+ game on my download list has its purchase date changed to the day I re-upped (so right now KoF is October 2017) but I can certainly confirm it's there.
thanks. It is missing from my download list on my actual ps3 but i was able to use the android app to eventually find it there. I had to scroll through 25-30 pages to find it. It was horrible. Something needs to be done so we have an easier time re-downloading our stuff. There isn't even a search function for our download list on the app
Check out "PSDLE" ... it's a thing of beauty! http://repod.github.io/psdle/

Anyone played Battle Chasers that would want to offer some opinions? I love the art style. I'm wondering if it would be a good remote play game.
Check the clearance section of your local Target for Battle Chasers. It’s $8.98 at some locations and $15 at others.

I haven’t played yet... in the backlog for now.

So I got the Slim last month and have already gone through the 1TB drive.

What is ideal per price and performance, replacing the stock 1TB (if I went this route, would I be able to use a drive enclosure and use the stock drive on an Xbox 360) or getting an external drive?

What is ideal per price and performance, replacing the stock 1TB (if I went this route, would I be able to use a drive enclosure and use the stock drive on an Xbox 360) or getting an external drive?
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STEB8000100/dp/B01HAPGEIE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1514992050&sr=1-1&keywords=8tb&refinements=p_89%3ASeagate

This might have been posted before, but just in case:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

PS3 and PS Vita – WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury, WipEout 2048
You will no longer be able to use the online features for these titles from 29th March 2018.

PS3 – EyePet, EyePet Move Edition, EyePet & Friends

You will no longer be able to use the online features for these titles from 29th March 2018.

PS3 – Killzone 2, Killzone 3

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to WipEout HD & 2048 to get as many multiplayer trophies as possible.

I love the Vita and want to support the continued production of physical games for it but almost a $35 difference between digital and physical is just not worth. More so when you consider the physical copy is a GameStop exclusive.

Also keep an eye on Best Buy. During the holidays they routinely had a 4TB Western Digital portable external for $80.

Check the clearance section of your local Target for Battle Chasers. It’s $8.98 at some locations and $15 at others.

I haven’t played yet... in the backlog for now.
Hey thanks so much for this. I'm usually not a fan of physical disks, but the price was too good. My local Target had a handful of copies on both PS4 and Xbox One for 8.98. Pretty great.

No Man's Land worth $12.99? Used is that price starting today at GS. Also have a 20% birthday coupon if that sways the decision...so it'd really be $10.39.

I love the Vita and want to support the continued production of physical games for it but almost a $35 difference between digital and physical is just not worth. More so when you consider the physical copy is a GameStop exclusive.
This.. these limited/exclusive releases from LRG, Gamestop and others, make this hobby more expensive than it has to be. Even more so because we tend to feel compelled to buy a physical release based on how obscure it is, out of fear we'd be fleeced by the 2nd hand market later if we changed our minds and wanted a game.

It's not a completely one-sided comparison as there are advantages to physical games as well, but this was one of the biggest factors that made me go completely digital this generation and on-wards. And I was a pretty huge proponent of physical media up to this point too. Still hanging on to my physical retro stuff of course, but I recently bought a Xbox One S that comes with a disk drive that will never be used.

No Man's Land worth $12.99? Used is that price starting today at GS. Also have a 20% birthday coupon if that sways the decision...so it'd really be $10.39.
If you have a birthday coupon, you should have a membership which would discount the price even further.

After all the updates to the game, it is well worth the original retail price IMO. At $10, it's a no brainer, though if you have access to a decent PC, it's a much better experience there.

Any feedback on these:

Children of the Zodiarcs  [looks amazing, card and dice based combat rpg]

Butcher

Jydge

Time Recoil [by the same people as Jydge, Crimsonland, etc]

Warhammer Quest

Gunscape

Cladun

also debating Bloodborne complete... I plat'd the game, but havent played the DLC.   $13 is a fantastic price for it all, but it's still money.

Thanks Frisky for the list.

I went through each one and Resogun, strangely, was free for me instead of $2.99. I'll take it! :D

Does anyone have opinions on the following (top 3 look fun, last 1 looks interesting):

1) Assault Android Cactus

2) Counterspy

3) Flinthook

4) Lili: Child of Geos

Pondering on these. I prefer physical copies over digital copies.

1) Battle Chasers: Nightwar

2) Grand Kingdom

3) Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

Thanks for any help. :D
Assault Android Cactus is a top tier, best of class dual stick shooter with very well designed levels and characters. Highly recommended.

Counterspy is also great, with a really interesting take on gameplay. It's really good, recommended.

I'm currently playing Grand Kingdom on my Vita [slowly, it's been the holidays]. Combat is really solid - you've got 3 aisles [top, middle, bottom], a move gauge, and you need to be careful not to hit your own units with wide attacks, bombs, spells, etc. Each mission happens on a multi-branching 'web' of a battlefield,so you can avoid or hunt down enemies, your choice. You eventually field multiple squads, and can send them off to war, etc. Basically, it's a mercenary team simulator with great rpg combat... there are a lot of different things to do [quests, story missions, wars, exploration, etc] and you can do it 'your way'.

This might have been posted before, but just in case:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to WipEout HD & 2048 to get as many multiplayer trophies as possible.
Don't know the current population of the multiplayer, but I have both WipEout HD/Fury & 2048 if you need someone to play with. May have played a small bit of MP for 2048, don't think any for HD/Fury. Also have Killzone 2 & 3, played 2's MP extensively and 3's for a short time, both fun.

Odds are many have moved on to the new Wipeout Omega version, especially with the promise of full free psvr in the near future. Is was pretty cheap over the holiday season.

Don't know the current population of the multiplayer, but I have both WipEout HD/Fury & 2048 if you need someone to play with. May have played a small bit of MP for 2048, don't think any for HD/Fury. Also have Killzone 2 & 3, played 2's MP extensively and 3's for a short time, both fun.
Thanks, I may take you up on that.

Odds are many have moved on to the new Wipeout Omega version, especially with the promise of full free psvr in the near future. Is was pretty cheap over the holiday season.
That makes sense, but trophy hunters will likely stick around on PS3 as the deadline approaches.

While obviously not as good of a deal as a 4TB for $79.99, Best Buy has the external 2TB WD that are great for systems on sale for $59.99 right now...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-2tb-external-usb-3-0-portable-hard-drive-black/5792402.p?skuId=5792402

Any feedback on these:

Children of the Zodiarcs [looks amazing, card and dice based combat rpg]

Butcher

Jydge

Time Recoil [by the same people as Jydge, Crimsonland, etc]

Warhammer Quest

Gunscape

Cladun

also debating Bloodborne complete... I plat'd the game, but havent played the DLC. $13 is a fantastic price for it all, but it's still money.
Damn affa, if you plat'd Bloodborne you can't miss the DLC. Some of those DLC bosses and levels are just too epic (you'll see).

Damn affa, if you plat'd Bloodborne you can't miss the DLC. Some of those DLC bosses and levels are just too epic (you'll see).
Very true. The DLC is awesome. A couple of the bosses in there are ranked as one of the top 10 in the whole fromsoft collection. One in particular is easily top 3 for me and many others.

You can get a 8TB Seagate for $149.99. That is the best bang for your buck.
True. I guess I've been scared off from Seagate because I see people go on all the time about having problems or them failing. Obviously as with anything you'll hear both good and bad stuff so I'm sure plenty of people have never had a single issue with them. But of all the major manufacturers I see them mentioned negatively far more than anyone else.

True. I guess I've been scared off from Seagate because I see people go on all the time about having problems or them failing. Obviously as with anything you'll hear both good and bad stuff so I'm sure plenty of people have never had a single issue with them. But of all the major manufacturers I see them mentioned negatively far more than anyone else.
I have had several Seagate drives and never had an issue.

I've been playing a bunch of Lara Croft Go over the past few days and it's really good. While Hitman Go is more like an adaptation of that stealth gameplay to a board game, Lara Croft Go distills the core Tomb Raider mechanics into more of a turn-based puzzle with lots of climbing, taking out enemies in various ways, and avoiding traps and other obstacles. They also have some cool costume unlocks with a variety of classic outfits to unlock with the collectibles and some other Square Enix costumes (Hitman, Deus Ex, Just Cause) that are also pretty good.

I need SE to get off their asses and confirm Deus Ex Go for PS4/Vita soon.

Remember the Prototype franchise bundle is for PS3 ... which isn't so bad if you read the reviews and find out the overpriced PS4 versions look worse (due to massive anti-aliasing & noticeable frame drops) than the original PS3 versions.
Thanks for the info, had it been the PS4 versions I wouldn't have bothered considering it. I remember the reviews for the PS4 versions and people mentioning exactly what you did about them. Can't beat $10 for both on PS3 in my mind. I know that some didn't give the Prototype games a fair shake and called them "ripoffs" or "clones" of inFamous at the time.

Thanks for the info, had it been the PS4 versions I wouldn't have bothered considering it. I remember the reviews for the PS4 versions and people mentioning exactly what you did about them. Can't beat $10 for both on PS3 in my mind. I know that some didn't give the Prototype games a fair shake and called them "ripoffs" or "clones" of inFamous at the time.
People calling Prototype an inFamous clone just made me want to play it tbh lol. I really have a soft spot for open world super power games (whatever you want to call them) and in the grand scheme of thing there aren't really a lot them. Never did get around to playing them though.

Didn't realize the PS4 ports were so bad though as I was probably gonna get those at some point. Guess it'd just be better to get the PS3 versions then?

Any thoughts on buying Disgaea 5 without the DLC?
It's not essential so buying the game without DLC is fine. If you're a fan of the series and like the characters though the DLC might be worth the price. If are new to Disgaea you really won't be missing much with the DLC as it's mostly if not all returning characters from past games.

I had a feeling you would say that lol. I totally meant to add "yourself included I assume" in parentheses after I said I'm sure plenty of people have never had an issue.
It's funny because Seagate uses primarily Samsung drives. The only drive I ever had fail was my 1TB Western Digital Black years ago. Lol

People calling Prototype an inFamous clone just made me want to play it tbh lol. I really have a soft spot for open world super power games (whatever you want to call them) and in the grand scheme of thing there aren't really a lot them. Never did get around to playing them though.

Didn't realize the PS4 ports were so bad though as I was probably gonna get those at some point. Guess it'd just be better to get the PS3 versions then?
People calling them inFamous clones made me want to play them too. Once I played a little bit of each on PS3 I was hooked. I would think it would be better to get them for PS3.

Side note, I don't know if I'll be able to get the Prototype Bundle or any of the other games I want. The only way I can afford to get PS Store credit is to trade games I recently bought and actually want to play at GS.

Edit: Forget the "woe is me" spiel I struck through above, was having a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back