PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to think this is it, though some games and items on the sale pages still aren't showing a discount so that could suggest there's still more to come or things needing to be fixed.

If it is it, that's a really dumb way to end a sale. When you announce a sale will run for 5 weeks, people have to ration their money because they know more is coming. You don't make the final week by FAR the worst. People have been saving funds for it and now there's a good chance they don't spend it. I can only speak for myself but if I knew this was all that was coming, I'd have grabbed Injustice 2, Rez, the Kingdom Hearts games, possibly Odin Sphere, maybe more. Maybe not all of them but a good chunk of them. Sony could have had more of my money. Now I'll hang onto it.

How is Thimbleweed Park? I played Maniac Mansion on NES when I was 7 or 8, so do not remember much about it. I assume Thimbleweed Park is similiar to that.

I am about to use my 15% off coupon on Night in the Woods. I am not sure that game is ever going to go on sale.

How is Thimbleweed Park? I played Maniac Mansion on NES when I was 7 or 8, so do not remember much about it. I assume Thimbleweed Park is similiar to that.

I am about to use my 15% off coupon on Night in the Woods. I am not sure that game is ever going to go on sale.
I could have sworn it was on sale in December.

Do you like fighting games? Do you have a lot of time and energy and willingness to invest in one? Do you mind that there's a lot of veterans of the game who have 2 decades of experience? And do you mind a game that is somewhat hard to get into, with an extremely high ceiling?

If you answered yes to all of the above, Tekken 7 is arguably one of the best fighting games ever made. Otherwise, don't bother.

So what is going on with this sale? It still shows most of the games that went off sale at the end of week 4 for me, but without the sale prices.

Not finished updating?

Ok. Just read a few reviews that said otherwise but I donno.
It’s an... interesting game. I say go for it, just DONT BUY THE VITA VERSION. The load times are unforgivable.

(It’s an on rails shooter/visual novel)

Looks like Pinball Arcade hasn't been updated today so I can't even play the new season 7 tables. But it shows as installed and purchased so just a matter of waiting.

Edit: Now updated, working fine.

That Pinball Arcade season 7 glitch deal is epic. Thanks for the heads up. I do wonder what their thinking is, though. Ghostbusters is in Stern Pinball Arcade. So what is the point of Stern Pinball Arcade if they are going to release the games in Pinball Arcade too? There's only that one of the newer games, but maybe they are going to move away from SPA in the long run.

Mount and Blade: Warband is one of the greatest games of all time, but I strongly recommend getting it on PC. There you will have access to countless amounts of mods, including total conversion mods which allow you to play in various settings such as Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, and many other settings.
It's still worth it without mods I think, I put close to 70 hours into the game and never touched any mods or even the multiplayer. Can't really speak for the PS4 version since I also played on PC but yeah it's a dang incredible game. Never really played anything else like it honestly, other games have had similar mechanics here and there but nothing exactly like what it offers.

Honestly the only reason I stopped playing is because I conquered my entire game world except for a handful of locations and didn't feel like starting a new character lol.

you cannot control them in kh though and they are pretty awful.
Yeah I don't really consider KH in the same vein as stuff like Star Ocean or Tales. The party members in the first game are close to useless and in the second game and 3D they pretty much only exist to give you access to their limits and occasionally heal you. Not really like Tales/SO where you can literally sit back and watch your party win entire battles without you doing anything, and also choose who you play as.

Anyone know if the Week 5 sales are all up yet?  It seems as if the store isn't fully updated as a number of items that have gone off sale are still listed in the sale at their regular digital prices.

That Pinball Arcade season 7 glitch deal is epic. Thanks for the heads up. I do wonder what their thinking is, though. Ghostbusters is in Stern Pinball Arcade. So what is the point of Stern Pinball Arcade if they are going to release the games in Pinball Arcade too? There's only that one of the newer games, but maybe they are going to move away from SPA in the long run.
Pinball Arcade is rated
e10.png
so every DLC Table later included can only meet that same rating. For that reason, some tables like AC/DC and Playboy would not be allowed in the game. Creating Stern Pinball Arcade gave them a chance to re-rate the game as
t.png
so they could have more adult-themed tables available. There is a lot of overlap, but since the tables are (now) free to cross-buy, it's no big deal.

Pinball Arcade Season 7 released today, showing at $4.99. Should probably be $30. Works out to 50 cents a table? Grabbed it mainly for the Ghostbusters table.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2058-CUSA00081_00-SEASONPACKPS4007

ProPack 7.99
Kind of hard to resist a deal like that, but I'm assuming that I'd have to buy the base game to use it. I bought the PS3 version of Star Trek: The Next Generation eons ago but never actually got to PLAY it for that reason.

The base game of Pinball Arcade (with Tales of Arabian Nights) is free on PS4. All other tables are DLC. So, you can play season 7 with no other purchases.

Not really, but it's cheap. And I do have fond memories of some of those early (1980-1995) tables. It's an, erm, shame? that neither Baby Pac-Man nor Granny and the Gators are available. They were pinball-video game hybrids, and while they weren't exactly great, it was a bold experiment.

Starting to think this is it, though some games and items on the sale pages still aren't showing a discount so that could suggest there's still more to come or things needing to be fixed.

If it is it, that's a really dumb way to end a sale. When you announce a sale will run for 5 weeks, people have to ration their money because they know more is coming. You don't make the final week by FAR the worst. People have been saving funds for it and now there's a good chance they don't spend it. I can only speak for myself but if I knew this was all that was coming, I'd have grabbed Injustice 2, Rez, the Kingdom Hearts games, possibly Odin Sphere, maybe more. Maybe not all of them but a good chunk of them. Sony could have had more of my money. Now I'll hang onto it.
Boohoo.

It’s past 5 EST and PSN is still a mess (at least the website). Tons of things not on sale are still listed and when you click to go to the next page, the number of items changes and things repeat.

Would be nice if there was an option to sort to put new things on top.

Not judging or anything, but do people really play pinball that much?
I love pinball and Pinball Arcade has plenty of hardcore fans... as well as dedicated forums/facebook groups. The niche might be small, but Farsight and Zen Studios keep releasing new tables so it seems that enough of us are buying/playing to keep them going.

Not judging or anything, but do people really play pinball that much?
Not a pinball wizard by any means, but sure. If you spent 50 cents trying a physical table once, it stlil comes out to $5 for 10 tables.

Would I buy one table for $10? Definitely not.

Think maybe you misjudged the tone of my post. I'm not crying. I don't really care. I bought plenty and have far more to play than I can get to anyway. Just commenting on the stupidity of it. It's a terrible way to run a sale and makes very little sense. The nature of the sale encourages people to hold off, and then you give them nothing to hold out for. It means you're throwing money away. Means more money left in my pocket which at the end of the day isn't bad. My wife will certainly appreciate it.

I like playing pinball fx3 and picked up a few tables from this holiday sale. Never played pinball arcade but definitely grabbed the 4.99 deal while it was hot!

I suck at it but it’s fun and has made me learn some techniques and tricks. Then when I go to an arcade I can try them on a real pinball machine... and still fail utterly but I have fun with the video pinball games sometimes.

Think maybe you misjudged the tone of my post. I'm not crying. I don't really care. I bought plenty and have far more to play than I can get to anyway. Just commenting on the stupidity of it. It's a terrible way to run a sale and makes very little sense. The nature of the sale encourages people to hold off, and then you give them nothing to hold out for. It means you're throwing money away. Means more money left in my pocket which at the end of the day isn't bad. My wife will certainly appreciate it.
It definitely sucks. Everything I want, I already bought. I was holding out hope for some gems this last week, but I guess I'm good to call it a month. Still hopeful that Frisky's update will contain some titles we've overlooked.

Here are the new deals for today:

:ps4: :vita: Burly Men at Sea - $7.99 - 20% Off - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: :vita:  Burly Men at Sea Maestro Beard Edition - $11.99 - 20% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Burly Men at Sea Original Soundtrack - $6.39 - 20% Off - $5.59 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition - $39.99 - 60% Off - $29.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition - $39.99 - 60% Off - $29.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Call of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: CastleStorm Definitive Edition - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

PSVR CastleStorm VR Edition - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps3: Catherine - $5.99 - 70% Off - $3.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: The Deadly Tower of Monsters - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps3: Defiance Gold Edition - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 12/31/20

:ps4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - A Criminal Past - $1.79 - 85% Off - Ends 2/6

:ps4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Assault Pack - $0.74 - 85% Off - Ends 2/6

:ps4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass - $4.49 - 85% Off - Ends 2/6

:ps4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - System Rift - $1.79 - 85% Off - Ends 2/6

:ps4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Tactical Pack - $0.74 - 85% Off - Ends 2/6

:ps4: :vita: Fallen Legion Bundle - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps3: The King of Fighters XIII - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

:psp: Kurulin Fusion - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: :vita: The Last Blade 2 - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Prototype - $11.99 - 60% Off - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Prototype 2 - $15.99 - 60% Off - $12.79 - 68% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Prototype Biohazard Bundle - $19.99 - 60% Off - $16.49 - 67% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps3: R-Type Dimensions - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps3: Spelunker HD - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Thimbleweed Park - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch - $25.99 - 35% Off - Ends 1/31

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Here are the freebies:

Add-ons

PSVR Anywhere VR - Special Free Version Beijing China Selection - Free

:ps4: Rock Band 4 Rivals - Discover LA: KROQ Locals Only - Free

Themes

:ps4: Lightfield Verticon Theme - Free

Some other notable releases:

:ps4: Arcade Archives Front Line - $7.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Real Bout Fatal Fury Special - $7.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy - $7.99

:ps4: Battlefield Anniversary Bundle - $99.99

:ps4: The Count Lucanor - $14.99

PSVR Ghostbusters is Hiring Firehouse + Showdown - $9.99

PSVR Ghostbusters is Hiring: Showdown - $6.99

:ps4: :vita: Little Red Lie - $9.99

:ps4: Pinball Arcade - Season 7 - $4.99

:ps4: Plox Neon - $7.99

:ps4: Sword of Fortress the Onomuzim - $19.99

Is Volume worth picking up for $5?
Volume is great if you were into the VR Missions for Metal Gear Solid, as it's a low stakes stealth game that focuses purely on the mechanics and the items it introduces throughout the campaign missions. They also have a user-created levels that you can play, though I haven't played any of them to know if they're any good. With PSVR, you get an extra set of exclusive levels for it and can play the campaign levels in its VR hologram presentation.

For those of you discussing Deux Ex Mankind Divided, there is a recap video of Human Revolution within the game, correct?

I tried HR once, and liked what I played of it but that yellow filter on everything was a bit offputting so I shelved it and never returned. MD looks to have fixed that so I'm interested in trying it. Especially for free.
Yes it's viewable either in the tutorial, or separately in the main menu.

Well, nothing else of interest on the list. Which is nice because it means not I'm spending as much as I did the first 4 weeks. Just Prototype Franchise Bundle and I'll be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back