PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
mcd.jpg

Dafuck? You can order McDonald's on PSN now? I didn't see that on your list, Frisk.
And people complained about some small ads on XBL. Nothing in comparison to that.

And people complained about some small ads on XBL. Nothing in comparison to that.
Yup, only thing listed in "Featured" right now. And if you press right, it switches to a full screen commercial. Pretty obnoxious of them.

Anyway, I'll see you guys later. I'm going to McDonald's.

If you jump off of the flying fortress you land in the city below............
Are you even reading his posts? Before you can do that, you have to do at least two missions involving puzzles and bosses. Undercover allows his little kid to immediately start doing whatever he wants from the point the game loads.

DTOoYjlXUAE2axt.jpg

The big difference is that one is contained in the store and the other is on the front page of the dashboard. If you only use the webstore, you'll never see that, but you'll always see the ads on the front page of the dashboard.

DTOoYjlXUAE2axt.jpg

The big difference is that one is contained in the store and the other is on the front page of the dashboard. If you only use the webstore, you'll never see that, but you'll always see the ads on the front page of the dashboard.
At least that’s an ad for a game. Most non-gaming ads are in small boxes — not the entire page.

Pyre - It was alright. I beat the game, enjoyed the little arena events, and some of the characters were fun to delve into. But, holy balls! There was a lot of reading. After a few hours, I just kind of skimmed and zoned out. Just like Bastion, I dislike the narrator. 7/10.

A little bummed I missed out on the Pinball price. But, the damage from this sale: $69.66 (Saw someone contact support about their expired $10 voucher in the notifications and did the same.)
Armello - Deluxe Edition
Assault Android Cactus
Counterspy
The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Game of the Year Edition
Enter the Gungeon
Flinthook
inFAMOUS First Light
IRON CRYPTICLE
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Life is Strange Complete Season
Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign
Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas
Pyre
Transistor

Thanks Frisky for the posting the games for easier searching. :)

Are you even reading his posts? Before you can do that, you have to do at least two missions involving puzzles and bosses. Undercover allows his little kid to immediately start doing whatever he wants from the point the game loads.
1 mission before you're on the flying fortress, but lol.

Might as well just play Lego World instead of any of the games with stories.

mcd.jpg

Dafuck? You can order McDonald's on PSN now? I didn't see that on your list, Frisk.
It says choose whatever bundle you want, but I think the Happy Meal is the only thing that is an actual bundle. If they mean build your own bundle then they should say build or create. Also, if you don't get a discount when building a bundle then it's not really a bundle. You're just buying stuff.

mcd.jpg

The ad worked. I ate McDonald's tonight.

The catch is that Fries are not a part of any $1, $2, or $3 tier. That's how they get you!

Here's my recap from the Holiday Sale. Spent quite a bit during this sale and happy that it's over so I don't spend even more, lol. Thanks for all of your hard work Frisky!!!

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

Virginia

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

Need for Speed: Deluxe Edition

Rocket League Game of the Year Edition

Just Cause 3 XL Edition

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

inFAMOUS Second Son

inFAMOUS First Light

Stories: The Path of Destinies

MLB The Show 17

Vector Unit Triple Pack

RESOGUN

MLB The Show 17

Prototype Franchise Bundle

You get ads on the ps4 however as well as the one quick menu on the ps3.

106363-Im-a-little-embarrassed-gif-An-Vwqf.gif

Those bastards think of everything.

Makes perfect sense, now. I should have switched to digital a long time ago.
Kinda why I switched to all digital with the new generation of consoles. With a few exception, most every physical release today are nothing but a hollow case with a disk inside. Oh and a piece of paper with some ink thrown on it and inserted into some plastic to form what some call a cover. In the case of Vita games, it's a hollow card that itself is 50% empty, if you ever cracked one open.

I dunno.. it's just not the same for me.. so the only physical stuff I enjoy having around anymore are older retro physical releases from the NES, SNES, N64 era. Those actually feel substantial and worth having over some digital file.

So on a slight side-note, I noticed there were some Atelier games on sale this time around and almost bought one, before stopped because there are just too damn many and I don't even know where to begin. It's like Madden for weeaboos. May as well name them Atellier 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, etc.

But I'd still like to give the series a shot, so just wondering if anyone could advise? Are they more or less all the same? Or are some better than others? Any particular title one should start at if it's their first?

So on a slight side-note, I noticed there were some Atelier games on sale this time around and almost bought one, before stopped because there are just too damn many and I don't even know where to begin. It's like Madden for weeaboos. May as well name them Atellier 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, etc.

But I'd still like to give the series a shot, so just wondering if anyone could advise? Are they more or less all the same? Or are some better than others? Any particular title one should start at if it's their first?
I used this as my guide

://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Atelier/comments/5hvb4c/just_what_is_an_atelier_and_where_do_i_start_a/#ampshare=https://www.reddit.com/r/Atelier/comments/5hvb4c/just_what_is_an_atelier_and_where_do_i_start_a/

Kinda why I switched to all digital with the new generation of consoles. With a few exception, most every physical release today are nothing but a hollow case with a disk inside. Oh and a piece of paper with some ink thrown on it and inserted into some plastic to form what some call a cover. In the case of Vita games, it's a hollow card that itself is 50% empty, if you ever cracked one open.

I dunno.. it's just not the same for me.. so the only physical stuff I enjoy having around anymore are older retro physical releases from the NES, SNES, N64 era. Those actually feel substantial and worth having over some digital file.
The whole appeal of a physical release, I thought (besides the pretty cover art and dedicated space on your shelf) was that it only did a partial install and read the rest of the data from the disc (I figured that's what explained the long loading times, anyway). I'm not sure at what point they started copying all the data to the HD, but I'm guessing this is a relatively recent development. Considering this, selling 500GB PS4s was really a bitch move. I'm constantly having to delete stuff to make room for the next thing. I never once had to delete anything off my 120GB PS3.
Here's my recap from the Holiday Sale. Spent quite a bit during this sale and happy that it's over so I don't spend even more, lol. Thanks for all of your hard work Frisky!!!

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

Virginia

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

Need for Speed: Deluxe Edition

Rocket League Game of the Year Edition

Just Cause 3 XL Edition

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

inFAMOUS Second Son

inFAMOUS First Light

Stories: The Path of Destinies

MLB The Show 17

Vector Unit Triple Pack

RESOGUN

MLB The Show 17

Prototype Franchise Bundle
16? Man, that's nothing. I'm too ashamed to post my full list (including 6 from yours in red), but once I checkout the current games in my cart, they will have exceeded 70.

:shock:

I fucking had no idea. I'm definitely working through a few personal issues here. (And those are only from this sale...not including all my Black Friday purchases.) I've never suffered such a lapse in judgment before, let alone for five straight weeks. I've spent way way way way WAY more than I'm comfortable to admit.

On the bright (?) side, I've been burning through titles in my backlog like crazy lately (now officially known as my "frontlog" -- ew). I too must thank Frisky for his service to his fellow gamer in making these past five weeks of sales accessible and easy to manage (which Sony should have figured out in the first place). There is no way I would have been able to navigate or keep up otherwise (for better or for worse).

I have the games, now all I need is TIME.

dQCBULY.jpg

Sorry but I have always loved Demon’s Souls the best of all the games. And, frankly, I can already play Dark Souls on my Xbox One via backwards compatibility.
But the remaster will be 4k @ 60 fps on PS4 Pro and X1X. Doesn't that make your eyes light up?

The whole appeal of a physical release, I thought (besides the pretty cover art and dedicated space on your shelf) was that it only did a partial install and read the rest of the data from the disc (I figured that's what explained the long loading times, anyway). I'm not sure at what point they started copying all the data to the HD, but I'm guessing this is a relatively recent development. Considering this, selling 500GB PS4s was really a bitch move. I'm constantly having to delete stuff to make room for the next thing. I never once had to delete anything off my 120GB PS3.
16? Man, that's nothing. I'm too ashamed to post my full list (including 6 from yours in red), but once I checkout the current games in my cart, they will have exceeded 70.

I fucking had no idea. I'm definitely working through a few personal issues here. (And those are only from this sale...not including all my Black Friday purchases.) I've never suffered such a lapse in judgment before, let alone for five straight weeks. I've spent way way way way WAY more than I'm comfortable to admit.

On the bright (?) side, I've been burning through titles in my backlog like crazy lately (now officially known as my "frontlog" -- ew). I too must thank Frisky for his service to his fellow gamer in making these past five weeks of sales accessible and easy to manage (which Sony should have figured out in the first place). There is no way I would have been able to navigate or keep up otherwise (for better or for worse).

dQCBULY.jpg
I think I bought 6 games total during Black Friday, which is more like 10 with Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection and Battlefield Bundle (4 and Hardline). Honestly 16 games from 5 weeks of sales is a lot for me considering I hadn't bought this many games in digital format since buying my PS4 last February. It felt strangely liberating to trade in physical copies of games because it meant cutting down on the size of my backlog (PS4 anyway). I'll wait for those games to go on sale again and likely convert to digital.

It's been that way since launch. The whole point is that the read speeds on Blu-ray drives aren't as good as a hard drive, so you install all of the data and move on from there.

This is what my 2TB internal and 4 TB external HDD can hold and I still have a couple more games to put on there:

DTR8uAnXkAEpNWW.jpg

My final holiday haul:

Tethered $9.99

Resident Evil 7 $23.99

Gravity Rush Remastered $11.99

EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone $14.99

Statik $11.99

PlayStation VR Worlds $6.99

Nioh $19.99

Persona 5 $29.99

Total: $129.92

Tried to pick up a few VR titles as I bought the headset after Thanksgiving. Upset I missed the discount on Skyrim VR.

Aww man. I love Dark Souls as much or more than a lot of people but I really don’t think they should remaster it.

Unless they really remaster it... go in and flesh out some of the areas that were incomplete/hastily created, rework some of the bosses that were just... not well done, and generally spend some time fixing areas and things that could have been done better.

I don’t need a remaster to go through and play the same game again. Update it beyond graphics, fix the weaker aspects of the game as well and I’m in!

But that won’t happen.

Edit: wait... if they actually fix the covenants so that they all work as intended it might be worth it!

It's also on Playstation, XBox and PC. I Don't know what we're letting sink in...
It's just not something I expected to happen at all, and points to greater success/viability among non-mainstream gamers for Nintendo.

I realize this is the PS thread, just saying.

It's just not something I expected to happen at all, and points to greater success/viability among non-mainstream gamers for Nintendo.

I realize this is the PS thread, just saying.
I Mean people were having net neutrality discussion here like a month ago (which got head splittingly stupid very quickly), so I'll allow it. Though I'm personally just not surprised since it was a few months ago there was that report where every publisher was going "oh shit, this console is selling. We gotta put games out there quick for it" and Dark Souls seemed like an easy fit since it has been ported nearly everywhere else. So not too surprising for me at least so maybe I'm jaded. Though I think Nintendo having Bayonetta appeals more to those kinda gamers compared to a Dark Souls rerelease.

dQCBULY.jpg
I just delete games as soon as I'm done with them. The library function makes having everything downloaded pointless.

The new game from the TowerFall team is out in two weeks:

https://twitter.com/NoelFB/status/951470996854206464

It's not a multiplayer game, but a 2D platformer.

Dark Souls PS4 remaster is nice. Now I will finally get a chance to play the entire trilogy on one console. I imagine they didn't go for demon souls since that is an exclusive and so they couldn't put it on the switch.

I Mean people were having net neutrality discussion here like a month ago (which got head splittingly stupid very quickly), so I'll allow it. Though I'm personally just not surprised since it was a few months ago there was that report where every publisher was going "oh shit, this console is selling. We gotta put games out there quick for it" and Dark Souls seemed like an easy fit since it has been ported nearly everywhere else. So not too surprising for me at least so maybe I'm jaded. Though I think Nintendo having Bayonetta appeals more to those kinda gamers compared to a Dark Souls rerelease.
Sounds reasonable enough. I guess I was coming from the perspective of "omg Dark Souls is too much darkness for Nintendo. What does this meaannnnn". Cognitive dissonance.

So on a slight side-note, I noticed there were some Atelier games on sale this time around and almost bought one, before stopped because there are just too damn many and I don't even know where to begin

The ps3 ateliers on are all very similar just with decreasing or removing the time limit mechanic with each subsequent title. Most of the atelier games are trilogy's that take place in the same setting but with different lead characters and are otherwise loosely connected to each others story. The arland trilogy is the only one you need to play in order due to spoilers in the 3rd entry for the second.

Of the games I have only played Ayesha and despite it being called beginner friendly it's very easy to get the bad ending and run out of time if you don't know what you are doing.

Mana khemia 1/2 is said to be the best titles in the series gameplay wise.

Ni no kuni among a few other titles could fill that 120gb up pretty quickly due to large installs if I recall correctly. I think ni no kuni digitally was 40 gb. I've filled up my ps3s just as easily as I did my ps4. They never make systems hard drives big enough for what you need. I'd say around half my library is digital just because of taking advantage of sales. And yeah time is what we all need anymore. I estimate if I stop buying games I can finish my library in just under 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back