PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, with that 10% off code, I'm thinking of maybe finally grabbing Divinity Original Sin and maybe Batman Arkham Knight. Possibly the new AC Origins DLC as well.

I finished the PS+ Telltale Batman last night and it made me want to punch more bad guys as the caped crusader. I haven't played Arkham CIty or Origins, but I'm debating on using a PS Now trial to fix that.

Not a bad week at all.

So I got a 20% off code from the White PS4 Pro that I got last week from Amazon, but when I try to use it, it tells me it's not associated with the country on my account. Has anyone every had this happen before? I got the PS4 in the US where I live, so I'm not sure why there is an issue.

Don't think it's unique. Mine ended that way, started FA5.

Update: Already used mine, so here it is in full: FA5C4B2BJK

Hopefully it's not unique, and everyone can jump on it.
Thanks for this. My code was actually different on the screen, but it said 'expired' when I actually tried to use it. Yours worked. Go figure.

So I got a 20% off code from the White PS4 Pro that I got last week from Amazon, but when I try to use it, it tells me it's not associated with the country on my account. Has anyone every had this happen before? I got the PS4 in the US where I live, so I'm not sure why there is an issue.
This happened to me when I bought my destiny 2 pro bundle and it turned out that the code packed in was for Canada use.I chatted up with a rep from Sony and explained and showed proof of purchase and within 2 days they sent me a U.S code and I gave away the Canadian to some user on reddit.

Portal Knights for $8.99 after coupon is one of the better deals in this sale.
That's really the only thing that catches my eye during this sale as it's the cheapest it's been. Interested in a few others that are on sale but I can wait for a better deal on those.

There are quite a few games on this sale that have been cheaper before, Batman and DMC HD are the first two I noticed.
Except for The Sexy Brutale which I bought not long ago for $10 and haven't played yet. :D

This happened to me when I bought my destiny 2 pro bundle and it turned out that the code packed in was for Canada use.I chatted up with a rep from Sony and explained and showed proof of purchase and within 2 days they sent me a U.S code and I gave away the Canadian to some user on reddit.
Yeah that's the same bundle I bought. I'm guessing the same thing happened to me. So what do I need exactly to show proof of purchase?

Started up ClusterTruck, which is a neat first-person platformer where you're jumping from the top of a semi truck to the next. The catch is that you can't touch the ground or any obstacles and all of the trucks are moving fast and crashing into each other, so you have to anticipate that stuff and try to avoid mistakes. It's kind of a silly game that is that kind of quick, tough platformer like a Super Meat Boy, but isn't as good as SMB.

Started up ClusterTruck, which is a neat first-person platformer where you're jumping from the top of a semi truck to the next. The catch is that you can't touch the ground or any obstacles and all of the trucks are moving fast and crashing into each other, so you have to anticipate that stuff and try to avoid mistakes. It's kind of a silly game that is that kind of quick, tough platformer like a Super Meat Boy, but isn't as good as SMB.
This might sound weird, but I figure I'd say it on the off-chance the following is relevant to someone out there: ClusterTruck oddly scratches the same itch that drove me to Super Jump around the map in City of Heroes/Villains when I had nothing else to do. For a few bucks, I highly recommend it if you happen to feel the same hole in your heart as I do left by that particular aspect of the game.

I'm 3 points short of a $10 credit from Sony Rewards. Oh, the irony.

points.png
Irony?

Played a bit of a bunch of games from my last haul.

Mother Russia Bleeds -- feels like a hardcore Double Dragon style beatem up.  Good pummeling, etc.   Didn't play enough to really judge it beyond it felt right.

Butcher -  the last game that felt this... visceral... was way back with the original Doom.  I don't know why, just something about the gore just feels ugly, in a good way.   Game is hard, and meant to be hard.   That said, after playing for awhile it felt natural real quick.  Looking forward to digging in more.

Neurovoider --  this game is a hidden gem.   It's like a Binding of Isaac / Enter the Gungeon / Nuclear Throne in that it's a permadeath shooter, but the weapons have a lot more stats and variety [plus a bit of crafting] which adds a bit of an RPG feel [lewt wise, think Borderlands... each weapon type [and there are a lot] has a wild number of variations.    The games maps are very 'boxy' in their generation, but the gameplay itself and the weapon variety is fantastic.  

I'm happy with all 3 purchases, though happiest with Neurovoider.  Plan on returning to the other 2, though.

Hm, with that 10% off code, I'm thinking of maybe finally grabbing Divinity Original Sin and maybe Batman Arkham Knight. Possibly the new AC Origins DLC as well.

I finished the PS+ Telltale Batman last night and it made me want to punch more bad guys as the caped crusader. I haven't played Arkham CIty or Origins, but I'm debating on using a PS Now trial to fix that.

Not a bad week at all.
I played the shit out of Arkham Knight last year and definitely recommend it to scratch your itch (but play Arkham City first, of course!). Also, Episode 4 of Telltale Batman Season 2 came out today, so you can always go that route if you need more Bat in your life (though you'll be waiting a couple months for the final episode).

Because of how much I spent, and how much I will continue to spend. :whistle2:(

Except for The Sexy Brutale which I bought not long ago for $10 and haven't played yet. :D
The Sexy Brutale is a game that always interested me, but I passed it up because there's not enough nudity.

Picked up Mutant League Football and My Name Is Mayo. I'll take the $2.10 off.
My Name is Mayo will go together nicely with I Am Bread. (Has anyone ever made that joke before?)

WARNING: RANT POST

I Am Bread... fuck that game, man.

It suffers from the worst controls of any game I've ever played. For something that sounds so fun, it's actually a shitty physics-based grind. And even if you get a handle on the controls, the camera is wild and untamed and I just end up shouting in the darkness. Especially that last bumpy level that kept throwing me all over the place. fucking infuriating waste of $1.94.

I still managed to beat that shit, though, as well as the Bagel Race and Rampage minigames, but I refuse to waste any more time on Cheese Hunt and Zero G. I got so upset that I actually made some toast just to spite it.

And I'm embarrassed to say that I spent most of the night tapping on a mayo jar 10,000 times. I really need to rethink my life choices.

WARNING: RANT POST
I spent about 5 minutes on I am Bread and decided I had no interest in putting the time in to learning the weird controls. Great idea for a game, just poor execution. Mayo on the other hand is the GOAT. Well, except for Life of Black Tiger.
I Am Bread... fuck that game, man.

It suffers from the worst controls of any game I've ever played. For something that sounds so fun, it's actually a shitty physics-based grind. And even if you get a handle on the controls, the camera is wild and untamed and I just end up shouting in the darkness. Especially that last bumpy level that kept throwing me all over the place. fucking infuriating waste of $1.94.

I still managed to beat that shit, though, as well as the Bagel Race and Rampage minigames, but I refuse to waste any more time on Cheese Hunt and Zero G. I got so upset that I actually made some toast just to spite it.

And I'm embarrassed to say that I spent most of the night tapping on a mayo jar 10,000 times. I really need to rethink my life choices.

Iconoclasts is cross buy I just bought it using the 10% off coupon with few others games and I got both versions in my download list. I put the vita version in my cart.

It's not mentioned on the game's page.
It is cross-buy. I picked it up last night and had the option to download it to my vita. I just checked the store and the option was there as well.

Really great game so far! Nice graphics, awesome music, and the game-play is fun. Some basic puzzle mechanics so far, but I'm only an hour into it.

I spent about 5 minutes on I am Bread and decided I had no interest in putting the time in to learning the weird controls. Great idea for a game, just poor execution. Mayo on the other hand is the GOAT. Well, except for Life of Black Tiger.
I'm a glutton for punishment, but admit I never heard of Life of Black Tiger until now...which probably means I will end up buying and playing it.

Im seeing on reddit that people are confirming its cross buy, or the people have PS4/Vita versions to download.
Iconoclasts is cross buy I just bought it using the 10% off coupon with few others games and I got both versions in my download list. I put the vita version in my cart.
It is cross-buy. I picked it up last night and had the option to download it to my vita. I just checked the store and the option was there as well.

Really great game so far! Nice graphics, awesome music, and the game-play is fun. Some basic puzzle mechanics so far, but I'm only an hour into it.
To be clear, I wasn't saying it wasn't Cross Buy. Just that the game's page makes no mention of it, which is the first thing I check when people ask since 99% of games mention it there.

To be clear, I wasn't saying it wasn't Cross Buy. Just that the game's page makes no mention of it, which is the first thing I check when people ask since 99% of games mention it there.
Definitely, I agree it should be listed! I was going to be it regardless to play it on the PS4, but it was a nice surprise seeing that it was cross-buy.

They required proof of purchase so a receipt,picture of the code from afar showing the 3 folded pamphlet and that was it.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot later today after I get home from work.

Who do I reach out to though? Is is through some e-mail, or do I have start a chat on their support page first?

Waiting on Last Day of June. Read some reviews saying the writing is good but they make you repeat a huge emotional moment multiple times, ruining it's impact. That combined with the fact that it ONLY has bronze trophies, I'm going to wait til it's $8 or less pre-coupons. 

Thanks, I'll give this a shot later today after I get home from work.

Who do I reach out to though? Is is through some e-mail, or do I have start a chat on their support page first?
I'm not sure if it was either through the Sonyrewards.com or PlayStation.com page.Best bet is try PlayStation page then contact us and hit the chat button.

I've been watching some review videos on Divinity Original Sin to decide whether I wanna grab it while it's on sale this week, and to be honest, some of the game mechanics look a bit confusing. Also some of the videos mentioned that the game is kinda hard and it's easy to miss a lot of content. Can anyone who has played the game maybe ease my mind about some of this? I don't mind a game that doesn't hold my hand, but I also don't want a super frustrating game that's hard to learn.

This is probably why I had issues and couldn't really get into Dark Souls.

In for What Remains of Edith Finch and maybe on TLoU Remastered. I still have the latter for PS3 so I may just pass on it for now.

Looks like I'm going to convert my disc copy to digital with Battlefront. Might take a trip down memory lane with Ezio collection. Looking at Inside, Soma, Song of the deep, and portal knights as well. Can anyone give their opinions on those?

For as much as I complain about Sony Rewards, at least the trophy points have been consistent. I thought those reward passes would have been a "one and done" deal but it continues to accumulate even after you've unlocked your goal. I've collected 2 sets of 25 gold trophies for 250 points each, which really boosted my rewards balance. The $10 credit is mine.

Looking at Inside, Soma, Song of the deep, and portal knights as well. Can anyone give their opinions on those?
I played Inside several months back for my Game Club Podcast Discussion. I thought it was a really good; the graphics and animations were top-notch but the mysteriousness of the story is definitely the highlight of game, especially considering the complete lack of any dialog in the story. I definitely recommend it.

Should I get Call of Duty WWII or Battlefront 2 using that 10% coupon?
I have spent more than 2 days on COD multiplayer. This game just feels good to me compared with the past years. If you’re not into multiplayer I’d redbox both before committing to a digital copy. Just my opinion of course.

BF 2 is also fun in the xwing battles. The campaign was okay. Young Princess Leia is fly as hell. But the campaign is short enough to beat in a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back