PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to use my 10% on The Invisible Hours for PSVR. Looks worth it for $16ish. I finally opened up and set up the Skyrim Bundle I got from over the holidays and I’m more impressed than I thought I’d be, it’s incredibly immersive. I thought I’d regret buying
a PSVR but not anymore.
u have any problem with nausea since the PSVR resolution/refesh rate is lower than the HTC Vive?

I am thinking of picking the PSVR up but there's no must have exclusive PSVR game at the moment, is there? I am afraid that it might die just like the Kinect 2.0

nearly plat'd Neurovoider... it's a great, great game.   [the only trophy I have left is in regards to daily challenges, so I just need to do that for a bit for 30 seconds a day... I did all the hard ones].

Definite hidden gem.

--------------

RUINER:

Holy crap.  This game is awesome, but hard [granted, I'm playing on the hardest setting].   The visuals and story and characters are wonderful -  sort of a brutal, hi-tech Blade Runner meets anime.   Combat is visceral.   Combat is -comlex-...  if you hold down L1 it slows down time while you can set multiple 'dash' locations, then zip around the screen doing an attack at each location.   If anything, you've got too many options... the tutorial boss kicked my ever living ass on hard more times than I feel comfortable with.

thankfully, if you die you just start that combat section again, full health.  so it doesn't feel impossible.  also, there are tons of skills to unlock so I feel like i'll eventually think this early stuff is easy once i get into the swing of things.

after the tutorial, you find yourself in a town setting.  This is legitimately the -best- town i've ever been in a game [not including something like gta, of course... i'm talking more like hub towns].   It feels really cool, you hear background sounds and vocals, you can click r3 to 'scan' and anyone you can talk to gets a marker over their head, some of them give you quests, etc.  Basically, this feels like a jrpg town done right, with all the modern conveniences and quality of 2018.  Love it.

I'm so psyched with my last batch of purchases... i feel like i hit homerun after homerun.

--------------

The computer games I really love [strategy, traditional roguelikes, tactics, etc] work best on a screen right in front of me, and have tons of keyboard shortcuts, etc.

The rest of the games I really love [AAA open world, sony exclusives like Horizon, tlou, etc] I'd rather play on console, or can only be played on console.  

nearly plat'd Neurovoider... it's a great, great game. [the only trophy I have left is in regards to daily challenges, so I just need to do that for a bit for 30 seconds a day... I did all the hard ones].

Definite hidden gem.

--------------

RUINER:

Holy crap. This game is awesome, but hard [granted, I'm playing on the hardest setting]. The visuals and story and characters are wonderful - sort of a brutal, hi-tech Blade Runner meets anime. Combat is visceral. Combat is -comlex-... if you hold down L1 it slows down time while you can set multiple 'dash' locations, then zip around the screen doing an attack at each location. If anything, you've got too many options... the tutorial boss kicked my ever living ass on hard more times than I feel comfortable with.

thankfully, if you die you just start that combat section again, full health. so it doesn't feel impossible. also, there are tons of skills to unlock so I feel like i'll eventually think this early stuff is easy once i get into the swing of things.

after the tutorial, you find yourself in a town setting. This is legitimately the -best- town i've ever been in a game [not including something like gta, of course... i'm talking more like hub towns]. It feels really cool, you hear background sounds and vocals, you can click r3 to 'scan' and anyone you can talk to gets a marker over their head, some of them give you quests, etc. Basically, this feels like a jrpg town done right, with all the modern conveniences and quality of 2018. Love it.

I'm so psyched with my last batch of purchases... i feel like i hit homerun after homerun.

--------------

The computer games I really love [strategy, traditional roguelikes, tactics, etc] work best on a screen right in front of me, and have tons of keyboard shortcuts, etc.

The rest of the games I really love [AAA open world, sony exclusives like Horizon, tlou, etc] I'd rather play on console, or can only be played on console.
I wonder if I would enjoy games even more if I played them on their hardest setting from the beginning.

To me it just seems that the characters in IV move more like the characters in gears of war.They feel weighted down and it's probably because I'm so used to 3rd strike which runs smooth and fast paced but not like MvC series.Sorry but it's hard to explain and I hope you kinda get what I'm saying .
I’m not sure whether you’re equating smoothness with the jump from 2D sprites to 3D models, or if you’re talking more about walk/dash/jump speeds between the games. Animation wise, nothing is really going to compete with Third Strike. It’s very smooth, and a wonderfully drawn game. SFIV I think looks hideous compared to SFV, but you can see this in videos fairly easily. As far as gameplay speed, I feel SFV is slightly faster than SFIV and Third Strike is noticeably faster than both. SFV reminds me most of a balanced Alpha 3, if that helps you any. I like the game a lot. I recommend it to anyone trying to get into a fighting game just based on Capcom’s dedication to each numbered entry, the giant community that surrounds the game, and the fact that SFV hasn’t instituted anything that is as difficult to input as the higher end techniques of USFIV and SFIII3S.

You just bought MHW, I think your plate is full for the next 200 hours of gaming time
You do have a valid point. Plus I barely have enough time as it is after the birth of my first daughter, so I think I will just forget about FF XIV for the time being....or until she goes away to college....in 18 years.

You do have a valid point. Plus I barely have enough time as it is after the birth of my first daughter, so I think I will just forget about FF XIV for the time being....or until she goes away to college....in 18 years.
Enjoy every moment it goes by quick. Congrats.

I’m not sure whether you’re equating smoothness with the jump from 2D sprites to 3D models, or if you’re talking more about walk/dash/jump speeds between the games. Animation wise, nothing is really going to compete with Third Strike. It’s very smooth, and a wonderfully drawn game. SFIV I think looks hideous compared to SFV, but you can see this in videos fairly easily. As far as gameplay speed, I feel SFV is slightly faster than SFIV and Third Strike is noticeably faster than both. SFV reminds me most of a balanced Alpha 3, if that helps you any. I like the game a lot. I recommend it to anyone trying to get into a fighting game just based on Capcom’s dedication to each numbered entry, the giant community that surrounds the game, and the fact that SFV hasn’t instituted anything that is as difficult to input as the higher end techniques of USFIV and SFIII3S.
Thank you for taking the time and replying with that said I'll be buying the AE for $40 minus the 10% coupon applied.

I wonder if I would enjoy games even more if I played them on their hardest setting from the beginning.
I know I do, usually. In very rare cases, if a game is ridiculously hard [or has extremely few checkpoints or something], and their are no trophies for hard, I'll dial it down. But again, that's rare, and I'll put games on hard that don't have trophies for it.

I actually find it annoying sometimes when there are no difficultly trophies... Defense Grid 2, for example, is not only hard on hard, but often requires multiple playthroughs on a level to ensure you get it right making it a huge time investment compared to easy, which I can win blindfolded. But there's no trophy for doing it on hard, so it kind of makes me feel like I'm wasting time, but I also feel like I'm wasting time on easy since it's too easy.

It also lets me do trophy cleanup runs on easy, since I've already got the hard ones out of the way. I'd much rather have my second run just be a quick speedrun doing cleanup than actually on hard.

In addition to liking my games challenging, I look at it as something I'll just get used to. Like, how, when you start a new online shooter you should always put sensitivity to max, even if it feels wayyyy too sensitive, because once you get used to it you'll spin faster than everyone else and have far better reflexes as a result.

Thanks man. She turns 3 months today, and you are right about it going by quick. It is insane.
Your second goes even quicker. All of a sudden I have a 4 and half year old boy and a one and a half year old girl. We thought he grew up fast, but he had nothing on her.

The absolute best thing for those early bits [gaming wise] was a vita.

Anyone have a link to the Monster Hunter World Deluxe Kit on the PSN store?  I can see it on my console, but not the website for some odd reason.

I know I do, usually. In very rare cases, if a game is ridiculously hard [or has extremely few checkpoints or something], and their are no trophies for hard, I'll dial it down. But again, that's rare, and I'll put games on hard that don't have trophies for it.

I actually find it annoying sometimes when there are no difficultly trophies... Defense Grid 2, for example, is not only hard on hard, but often requires multiple playthroughs on a level to ensure you get it right making it a huge time investment compared to easy, which I can win blindfolded. But there's no trophy for doing it on hard, so it kind of makes me feel like I'm wasting time, but I also feel like I'm wasting time on easy since it's too easy.

It also lets me do trophy cleanup runs on easy, since I've already got the hard ones out of the way. I'd much rather have my second run just be a quick speedrun doing cleanup than actually on hard.

In addition to liking my games challenging, I look at it as something I'll just get used to. Like, how, when you start a new online shooter you should always put sensitivity to max, even if it feels wayyyy too sensitive, because once you get used to it you'll spin faster than everyone else and have far better reflexes as a result.

Your second goes even quicker. All of a sudden I have a 4 and half year old boy and a one and a half year old girl. We thought he grew up fast, but he had nothing on her.

The absolute best thing for those early bits [gaming wise] was a vita.
I always turn my sensitivity to almost the minimum because I'll be puking all over the place. I'm okay with the slight handicap. 😂

That's it! I typed that shit in the search bar and nothing came up lol. Thanks man.
Curious what you thought of the game after caving and buying it?

I am loving this game so much. It just feels awesome to hunt these huge monsters. It feels appropriately challenging to me(pretty noob at these games myself) while still feeling fair and that I can get better with practice. I can’t get enough of this game, and indeed have only been able to put about 8 hours in so far, and want to play it all the time, try new weapons, find new monsters, craft better gear!

I personally like Asylum the most myself, City was fun but I didn't care much for them turning it into an open world game. Asylum had a real metroidvania feel to it which I loved and was lost when they went open world. Haven't played Knight yet but I know some people didn't care for the batmobile stuff.
I agree with this. Asylum was a lot more fun then City IMO and certainly worth a play through. I would start there. I didn't hate the batmobile stuff as much as many. Thought maybe there was a bit too much of it though.

I can’t get enough of this game, and indeed have only been able to put about 8 hours in so far, and want to play it all the time, try new weapons, find new monsters, craft better gear!
Haha this is exactly how I feel even after playing a couple hundred hours of 3U last year. There are a lot of great tiny changes to World that make all the difference and I enjoy how much more complex my main weapon (longsword) is compared to 3U (the additions to it have been incremental each game but since I haven't played much of 4U or Generations it's all fresh to me.)

Honestly the most shocking thing to me after all this time is that I actually enjoy the crafting part of this series. I typically don't like crafting in most games but the way they do it in MH feels very practical which I like. Need a tail to upgrade a piece of gear - make sure you actually cut the tail off that monster when you fight it. Need it's crown - make sure to destroy the face, and so on. It feels natural compared to most games where like if you need some boar hide you just go kill the boar and loot it or whatever. Monsters in MH are actually made up of many different parts and that is reflected when you fight them since each body part has its own hitbox, resists/armor, and loot associated with that body part.

I'm actually digging MHW also. It's my first time playing the series so I wasn't sure what to expect. I fainted during one of the first missions where you have to kill 8 of something I think. The last location that had the majority of them I only had one left to kill but hadn't looted the carcasses yet so when I fainted I guess I lost all the goods because when I went back it was all gone. Lesson learned lol.

The last location that had the majority of them I only had one left to kill but hadn't looted the carcasses yet so when I fainted I guess I lost all the goods because when I went back it was all gone. Lesson learned lol.
Dead bodies despawn after a while so you need to make sure you carve them up. It's not a big deal honestly since most of the time you are just fighting 1 large boss monster. Smaller enemies are abundant and they respawn almost infinitely so don't fret if you miss carving them.

Later on though you will do missions where you have to fight multiple large targets at once and you'll want to make sure you carve your first kill before moving on to the next. Which leads me to imo one of the most important pro tips for new players, get yourself some poop. If you need to drive away a large target for one reason or another they do not like it when you sling poop at them, they will drop combat and run away elsewhere. It's a vital item I never leave town without.

Curious what you thought of the game after caving and buying it?

I am loving this game so much. It just feels awesome to hunt these huge monsters. It feels appropriately challenging to me(pretty noob at these games myself) while still feeling fair and that I can get better with practice. I can’t get enough of this game, and indeed have only been able to put about 8 hours in so far, and want to play it all the time, try new weapons, find new monsters, craft better gear!
I actually plan on sitting down tonight and playing a bit. I got about 10 minutes in last night and passed out due to being up early lol.

Been trying to decide whether to get The Last of Us. Never played it and I generally don't like horror games, but I'm hoping the story makes it worth it.
My favorite game of all time. You should be able to get a physical copy for less than $10 now if you’re not sure if you’ll like it.

Been trying to decide whether to get The Last of Us. Never played it and I generally don't like horror games, but I'm hoping the story makes it worth it.
I don't even think of it as a horror game. More an action-adventure that happens to have zombies. I haven't played it since it came out on PS3, but I remember it being an emotional journey.

Where's my ps plus lineup
We've already established that the free games will be Knack and Oxenfree because everyone bought them these last two weeks.

I am really enjoying MHW as well but I had a hell of a time doing any significant damage to the Anjanath with my sword and shield. I was able to mount it a few times and knock it down for some good damage but hitting it from the ground was a bitch. I was down to under 10 minutes left in the hunt and thought I was going to fail but I threw down a shock trap and luckily the monster was weak enough to get caught in it so I was able to capture it to complete the quest. I wish you could bring two weapons with you on hunts so you could adapt if one weapon isn't working so well.

That was also the first quest where I allowed others to join and of course I got a connection error not long after two players joined. Still got the trophy for my first multiplayer quest even though they weren't in the game at the end.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Akiba's Beat - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 2/5

:vita: Akiba's Beat - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps4: Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps3: Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/5

:vita: Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/5

:vita: Fate/Extella - $23.99 - 20% Off - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps4: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star - $31.99 - 20% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps4: Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps4: Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps4: Onechanbara Z2: Chaos - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps4: Senran Kagura Estival Versus - $31.99 - 20% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 2/5

:vita: Senran Kagura Estival Versus - $23.99 - 20% Off - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 2/5

:ps4: Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 2/5

For anyone who is on the fence about Abzû (and didn't get it for free on PS+ last year), I definitely recommend it for $7.99. It's an "art house" title (like Flower or Journey) and such a beautiful, stress-free experience from start to finish. I have a bit of aquaphobia in RL and was apprehensive about starting this game, but it's so damn refreshing to have an experience in the ocean that doesn't involve running out of air or creatures trying to eat you. I realized a lot of these fears have been conditioned since youth from movies and games. Plus I made a new best friend; I call him Sharky.

For what it's worth, I'm not into horror games either and am really enjoying plaything through it for the first time, so I'd say definitely give it a shot.

For anyone who is on the fence about Abzû (and didn't get it for free on PS+ last year), I definitely recommend it for $7.99. It's an "art house" title (like Flower or Journey), and such a beautiful, stress-free experience from start to finish. I have a bit of aquaphobia in RL and was apprehensive about starting this game, but it's so damn refreshing to have an experience in the ocean that doesn't involve running out of air or creatures trying to eat you. I realize a lot of these fears have been hammered into me since young from movies and games. Plus I made a new best friend; I call him sharky.
Actually been wanting to play through that, so good to know. Grabbing it asap once I get home.

Just want to share an incredible deal fo those interested with cheap ps plus. PSN store Indonesia is currently offering 15 months of subscription for $25, thanks to Indonesia's plumetting currency. some games are generally cheaper too than in US store. plus it's tax free.

Just want to share an incredible deal fo those interested with cheap ps plus. PSN store Indonesia is currently offering 15 months of subscription for $25, thanks to Indonesia's plumetting currency. some games are generally cheaper too than in US store. plus it's tax free.

I'm new to the PS world... but this is one of the best games I've ever played. The action is spot on, and the story is great as well. Highly recommend this one.

Currently enjoying Uncharted 4. This game is awesome too!

Grabbed Comet Crash 2 and Portal Knights for PS4 along with the Comet Crash: Bionic Bundle (the first game in the series) for PS3 this morning. Didn't want to waste the coupon. Would have bought more, but I have more new games than I do room to download them.

I wound up getting Last of Us Remastered. I'm planning to buy something more expensive today (waiting to see if it goes on sale), so I didn't use the coupon just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back