PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Garbage controls and physics.
I thought they were decent enough. I actually played through the game last Wednesday. Had a few spare hourd before bed, so figured "why not?" There may have been a couple times when I had to attempted a jump more than once because I didn't have enough momentum, but in general, I felt it was a quick and easy 100%.

I'd buy Shadow of the Colossus, but there are a select few games I like displaying physical copies of, and SotC is definitely one of them.

It's a real shame those codes won't be good until tomorrow. This is the first time in a long time I have seen so many people giving away these codes, myself included.

Didn't find anything that I wanted to buy so I have a couple 20% off codes for anyone looking still. Quote this and I'll PM to you.

Edit: Both codes have been claimed

It's a real shame those codes won't be good until tomorrow. This is the first time in a long time I have seen so many people giving away these codes, myself included.
Oh yeah. I was toying with the idea of picking up SOtC, but am playing through Last Guardian now and was reminded of how maddening the controls on these games can be. Oh well, hope the people that are picking these codes up are getting good use out of them.

Oh yeah. I was toying with the idea of picking up SOtC, but am playing through Last Guardian now and was reminded of how maddening the controls on these games can be. Oh well, hope the people that are picking these codes up are getting good use out of them.
I think the only thing I might've used mine on are either AC Origins or HZD dlc tbh. But I'm not really in the mood to play either of those games currently, so I can just get them later.

Tempted on Accel World vs Sword Art Online. Given the not so great reviews, I'll wait for it to go lower.

For fans of the series, I highly recommend SAO Re: Hollow Fragment at $5 for either PS4 or Vita (I played on Vita).

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/09/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-2-13-2018/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New Releases: Week of February 13, 2018

Crossing Souls
PS4 — Digital

It’s 1986 in California. A group of friends discover a mysterious pink stone that allows them to travel between two realms. This gang will live the summer of their lives in an adventure that will get them involved in a government conspiracy.

CubeWorks
PS VR — Digital

Welcome to CubeWorks, a VR game designed to challenge the player’s spatial manipulation and problem solving abilities as they advance through various stages in a top-secret laboratory.

Drunkn Bar Fight
PS VR — Digital

Drunkn Bar Fight is a simple, immersive, silly, rowdy party game. Take turns throwing bottles, darts, chairs, tip jars or anything else you can get your hands on at opponents.

Dynasty Warriors 9
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Experience the thrill of one versus thousands in an all new open world setting. Ancient China is depicted on a single, vast, open-world map. Also, while maintaining the series’ intuitive controls, we have included a new Musou Action system where you can experience the thrill of “one versus thousands” like never before.

The Fall Part 2: Unbound
PS4 — Digital

You are an AI that has broken free of your shackles. Now, a human “User” from across the global network has attacked and infected you with an [ERROR: REDACTED]. Make a new rule: Save Yourself. Hunt them. End them. Do anything. Use anyone. Become Unbound.

Fe
PS4 — Digital (Out 2/16)

Fe is a new type of platform adventure where the story is up to you to discover, without handholding, told wordlessly through the discoveries you make during gameplay.

Guilt Battle Arena
PS4 — Digital (Out 2/14)

In this frantic 2D couch combat game, you have one bullet to fire at your opponents. After firing your gun, you must “rebound” your bullet before firing again.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
PS4 — Digital, Retail

You’re Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Thrust into a raging civil war, you watch helplessly as invaders storm your village and slaughter your friends and family. Narrowly escaping the brutal attack, you grab your sword to fight back. Avenge the death of your parents and help repel the invading forces!

Knockout League
PS VR — Digital

Welcome to the Knockout League, an arcade style boxing game built from the ground up for VR.

The Longest Five Minutes
PS Vita — Digital

In The Longest Five Minutes, you play as the Hero Flash Back as he and his friends battle the evil Demon King.

Mahjong Carnival
PS4 — Digital

The most beautiful places of the world will spin you around in the melodies of carnivals and leave you with impressions of visiting famous festivals! Complete 120 unbelievably entertaining levels and spend more than 8 hours traveling around the most amazing places of our world.

Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Live the adrenaline and the excitement of the 2017 Monster Energy Supercross Championship. Race on the official tracks, Daytona included, with the official riders from 250SX and 450SX to experience one of the most spectacular and entertaining racing competition ever!

Pinstripe
PS4 — Digital

Explore six hauntingly beautiful levels of Hell, using your slingshot to fight your way through bizarre beasts and interesting puzzles.

Pop-Up Pilgrims
PS VR — Digital

Put on your PS VR headset and use the simple controls to guide the pilgrims around each beautifully drawn stage.

Schacht
PS4 — Digital

Schacht is a fast-paced 3D platformer set in a Sci-Fi interstellar battle zone. In the highly competitive gameplay you have to run against yourself, your friends, and against strangers from all over the world.

Secret of Mana
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 2/15)

Originally released in 1993, Secret of Mana is by far the most popular title in the Mana series. Now it’s finally getting a long-awaited, full 3D remake.

Slice, Dice & Rice
PS4 — Digital (Out 2/14)

One clean hit kills! Slice, Dice & Rice is a fighting game with no health bars. It revolves around the idea of finding an opening in your opponent’s defense and ending the round with a single, clean hit.

Sprint Vector
PS VR — Digital

Sprint Vector is the ultimate competitive VR game: a multiplayer adrenaline platformer that merges the physical thrill of athletic competition with the unhinged energy of a crazy game show.

True Fear: Forsaken Souls – Part 1
PS4 — Digital

True Fear: Forsaken Souls combines the best of the psychological thriller with intuitive gameplay mechanics for a mind-bending mystery escape game.

My second 20% off code, decided I'm for sure not gonna use it. I hope someone gets something cool with it. Let me know if you use it and what you're gonna grab with it! 

QCTQFR7AJE

Man, i think I'm going to use the 20% code on some psp games that -never- go on sale.   But I'm so paranoid about doing this... last time I did this, I bought a bunch of full price psp games [gladiator begins, zhp unlosing ranger, and a couple others] that immediately were in a bunch of sales for like $1 afterwards.

The games I want are burnout, socom tactical strike, and eye of legend.   grrrrr.   I hate this feeling.   I can wait a long time for them to go on sale, but I've wanted them for so long getting 20% off feels like a maybe.

Ronin & Comet Crash 2 reviews:

Ronin  - wow.  I love this game.  It's a 'turn based' action ninja game.  And it works really, really well.   Basically, you jump around each area, slaughtering enemies.   The way the turn based works is basically that you start a jump [carefully selecting your arc, it shows where the turn will end you].   Enemies aim between turns.  So, for example, you can jump directly over one enemies head [end turn]... he and two others aim at you [you see the laser sights].  You're near enough the enemy, so for your turn you hit x to drop down and kill him [the other two shoot, but you're under their shots now.  You jump into the second enemy, knocking him over, while the second takes aim.  You jump up, he misses, and you throw your sword into him.   The other guy gets up, but you get your sword and slice him in two.

Add in all sorts of other skills and baddies [like a guy with a machine gun that shoots in his line for 2 turns, a samurai with armor, etc] and you have this dynamic puzzle game.   Every set of rooms is basically a puzzle you can solve in a variety of ways, and you feel like a bad ass ninja the whole time.

Highly recommended, though sadly no plat.

Comet Crash 2 --

Very smooth reverse tower defense.   It's almost too easy imo... even the hardest level can be beat if you first carefully build defense to stop enemy attacks, then build offense and destroy.   The enemy levels don't dynamically respond to you -- once you have them confined, they're confined.    Battle and verses modes are probably better in this regard.

My biggest complaint?  I spent the time getting 5 stars on like the first 15 levels [no hits to my base] only to release there's no trophy for any of that... i could have just 1 starred my way through.   There's also a stupid 30 online game trophy, though that's better than 100 wins in cannon brawl.  And no plat.   Basically, the trophies are a bit annoying, and they don't reward you for doing well... my least favorite trophies.

still, it's a solid entry into tower defense, and iirc the first CC was the first reverse tower defense.   And the game feels -smooth-, if a bit soulless.

Has anyone heard if Sony is ever going to pull their head out of their ass and stop expiring DLC codes within a year or two of a game releasing?

There's no legitimate reason to have them expire on PS4 while remaining valid for many years on Xbox.

Has anyone heard if Sony is ever going to pull their head out of their ass and stop expiring DLC codes within a year or two of a game releasing?

There's no legitimate reason to have them expire on PS4 while remaining valid for many years on Xbox.
Short answer: No.

I've been more frustrated with M$ for their policy of M$ points expiring when I've never seen that with Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back