PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is cheap for Titanfall 2. Does the special edition come with any single player bonuses? I just want to play the game for the story mode and maybe hop on multiplayer once in a while.

Wow that is cheap for Titanfall 2. Does the special edition come with any single player bonuses? I just want to play the game for the story mode and maybe hop on multiplayer once in a while.
There's no campaign DLC, so it's all for the multiplayer:

Ultimate Edition includes Titanfall® 2 base game, Deluxe Edition content (Scorch & Ion Prime Titans, Deluxe Edition Warpaint for 6 Titans, Deluxe Edition Camo for all Titans, Pilots & Weapons, Deluxe Edition Nose Arts for 6 Titans, Deluxe Edition Callsign), Jump Start content (All Titans unlocked, all Pilot tacticals unlocked, 500 tokens to unlock loadouts, cosmetics and gear, 10 2x XP tokens), and the Underground R-201 Carbine Warpaint.

I am 99% sure all the add on stuff for TF2 is just cosemetics and progress.  You don't have to unlock the higher Titans in MP by playing and progressing.  

I have the base version on XBox and never felt like I was missing anything.  I actually enjoyed the MP and was able to regen 4 or 5 times and unlocked all the titans.  Stopped playing right as they added a horde mode.  Played a few rounds and it seemed cool.

Wonder what the player base is like on PSN considering the game wasn't a great seller and the first one was only on XBox One.

The MP was a lot of fun and the SP was really cool too.  

Really hoping the 30 bucks I spent on the Superhot bundle I bought at around 8am on Tuesday morning counts toward the 100 otherwise I don't think I'ma hit the 100 threshold.

I'm so glad N3x Machina went on sale again. I think it was only on sale one other time and tbat was during the VGA's anx only for like two days. This time it's a bigger discount too. I love Housemarque.

They’re making it super easy to switch from physical to digital. Even swap for GTA V. Made $5 on The Witcher 3 complete ($20 trade in at GameStop plus an extra 20% with a Ni No Kuni promo). And nearly an even swap for Nioh base for Nioh complete with the same trade promo.

I also picked up Yomawari for Vita. Just need $12-ish to hit the $100!

Physical to digital for FIFA 18, MADDEN 18 Both basically even swaps at GS as well,  NBA Live swap to digital is a big profit.  Ghost recon Wildlands and Watch Dogs 2 basically even swaps with the 40% as well. 

Looking at
Horizon
Witcher complete
Titanfall 2
Lost legacy
Need for speed rivals
Nioh

Need about $20 pre coupon to get me over the mark. Any interesting indies up for pre order?

March 2018 PS Plus

Bloodborne, PS4
Ratchet & Clank, PS4
Legend of Kay, PS3
Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/ps-plus-games-for-march-additional-service-changes/
Already have both Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank from cheap PSN sales but that’s a great line up for those that don’t.

Also news that PS3 and Vita will no longer get games from PS+ starting in March 2019. At least they gave a year’s notice.

March 2018 PS Plus

Bloodborne, PS4
Ratchet & Clank, PS4
Legend of Kay, PS3
Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

Also a year from now March 2019 ps+ subscription will be getting rid of PS3 & PS Vita ps+ games. They will only give out PS4 ps+ games.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/ps-plus-games-for-march-additional-service-changes/
So does the March 2019 announcement mean we'll get more PS4 games? Doubtful, of course.

Or maybe PS5 games?

Or maybe Vita 2 games???? :)

That's a great month. I can finally see what the fuss is about with Bloodborne, and Ratchet is a must-play for anyone who simply wants fun in a box

I already have the two big ones, but those are mighty good and with a total of five PS4 games I would say this is definitely one of the better months of all-time. OF ALL-TIME!!!

Bloodborne is amazing. First PS4 game I bought when I got my system. One of the few games I went out of the way to get the plat on.

Ratchet and clank will be awesome for my kids. I’ve debated picking it up in the past. Really good month for plus.

Remember when Sony started charging an extra $10 for a year of Plus and didn’t add any extra value to the service? It’s what I’m afraid of what will happen when we lose ps3 and vita.

Mighty No 9 is the right price for me to check it out. Already have the big 2 games. Great month for those who don’t have them.

Edit: fuck.
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/968902952088825856?s=21

Good month.  I don't care much for Dark Souls type games but I'm happy to check out Bloodborne for free.  I'm also looking forward to Ratchet & Clank since I never played the original as the PS4 is my first Playstation system.

Bloodborne is amazing. First PS4 game I bought when I got my system. One of the few games I went out of the way to get the plat on.

Ratchet and clank will be awesome for my kids. I’ve debated picking it up in the past. Really good month for plus.
Totally agree with you on bloodborne and that was my 2nd platinum on ps4 1st being HZD.Also I'm very excited to finally play ratchet and clank on the ps4 and I have the collection on ps3 but still shrinkwrapped.

Remember when Sony started charging an extra $10 for a year of Plus and didn’t add any extra value to the service? It’s what I’m afraid of what will happen when we lose ps3 and vita.

Mighty No 9 is the right price for me to check it out. Already have the big 2 games. Great month for those who don’t have them.

What sucks even more is that we usually get some cross Buy games for PS4 so either way we’re losing out even if you don’t have a PS3 or Vita.

Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. Like I said, at least they have a year’s notice.

What sucks even more is that we usually get some cross Buy games for PS4 so either way we’re losing out even if you don’t have a PS3 or Vita.

Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. Like I said, at least they have a year’s notice.
We’re straight up losing value and getting nothing to compensate and the price is staying the same. Is this Sony getting cocky again?

We’re straight up losing value and getting nothing to compensate and the price is staying the same. Is this Sony getting cocky again?
And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I was thrilled that Microsoft not only made four great games BC yesterday but added 4K Xbox One X enhancements to all of them.

Not being fanboyish. I love both consoles. And MS is in a position where they need to do more.

Now this is what im talking about! Im glad my patience with Bloodbourne finally pays off. Also I was in the mood for another playthrough of R&C after watching the movie. Mighty #9 and Claire are cherries ontop.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I was thrilled that Microsoft not only made four great games BC yesterday but added 4K Xbox One X enhancements to all of them.

Not being fanboyish. I love both consoles. And MS is in a position where they need to do more.
Yes. This is why competition is good (for the consumer).

Makes sense they'd make it a big month with an announcement like that, otherwise there'd be blood. . .borne. :cool:
Boo_This_Man.gif

I'm sure MS is loving this and hopefully they are even more aggressive with their offerings instead of taking their foot off the gas.

It's easy to hope that maybe Sony will step up their offerings next year when this takes effect, but their track record doesn't give much reason to be optimistic. If both games are of Bloodborne/R&C quality then that's great. However if we get a couple of bad indie clones month after month then they clearly don't care.

Going from 6 games to 2 is brutal.. even if you didn't own the other platforms with cross-buy it usually meant you got 4 games out of it. This also means that Games with Gold will be giving out double the value once this goes into effect.. Even worse is it probably means they will give 2 retail games which really sucks because any good retail game I usually already own and I need the digital only games to make the service even worth it. Well I'll enjoy the remaining year and save my complaining for when it kicks in.

Going from 6 games to 2 is brutal.. even if you didn't own the other platforms with cross-buy it usually meant you got 4 games out of it. This also means that Games with Gold will be giving out double the value once this goes into effect.. Even worse is it probably means they will give 2 retail games which really sucks because any good retail game I usually already own and I need the digital only games to make the service even worth it. Well I'll enjoy the remaining year and save my complaining for when it kicks in.
Not sure I agree that losing the 4 PS3/Vita games a month is a bad thing.

1. The implication of not including PS3/Vita is that the PS4 games will be better, since their whole budget will focus on the PS4 offerings.

2. The PS3 games have been completely useless to me for a long time now. Also they have already gone through a lot of them, and it's not like developers will keep putting out PS3 games, certainly not anything of value.

1. The implication of not including PS3/Vita is that the PS4 games will be better, since their whole budget will focus on the PS4 offerings.
Pipe dream. Like I said, a couple years ago they raised the price for a year of Plus by $10 and added no value. There’s no reason to think that the quality of the PS4 games offered will be any better than they have been since the PS4 came out. This is a bad move for the consumer.

Not sure I agree that losing the 4 PS3/Vita games a month is a bad thing.

2. The PS3 games have been completely useless to me for a long time now. Also they have already gone through a lot of them, and it's not like developers will keep putting out PS3 games, certainly not anything of value.
I don’t think there’s any guarantee that the PS4 offerings will be better. No where in the announcement does it say “we’re doing this to give you even better PS4 games.”

They could just pocket the savings. Only time will tell.

The implication of not including PS3/Vita is that the PS4 games will be better, since their whole budget will focus on the PS4 offerings.
That'd be nice, but Sony's press release doesn't say there will be changes to offset the perceived lost value to PS+ subscribers. Like you, I haven't had my PS3 connected for over a year and don't have a Vita so it's not a real loss. But I'm not assuming that the PS4 offerings will suddenly and consistently be better (maybe that first month though to dull some of the complaints).

Pipe dream. Like I said, a couple years ago they raised the price for a year of Plus by $10 and added no value. There’s no reason to think that the quality of the PS4 games offered will be any better than they have been since the PS4 came out. This is a bad move for the consumer.
No reason to think releases will get better? Have you seen the last few months?

It's probably not a coincidence that they made this announcement right after announcing Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank as PS Plus titles.

It's probably not a coincidence that they made this announcement right after announcing Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank as PS Plus title
kinda, but that's your opinion... i think that getting digital only games is a way better deal. why would i want disc games when I already get them super cheap, actually have them, and they get devalued when they hit plus

It's probably not a coincidence that they made this announcement right after announcing Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank as PS Plus titles.
So the quality has increased the last few months without taking anything away.. essentially nullifying your point. And those saying they won't miss it because they didn't hook up their PS3 or didn't own a Vita.. almost monthly 2 of those games were cross buy giving you essentially 4 PS4 games.. those will be gone next year with no compensation.. just gone. Now one thing to speculate is that the PS5 is going to launch shortly after so it could turn back to 4 games a month.. just have to wait and see. Good thing about giving a years notice, you don't have to reup until you see what they are planning.

kinda, but that's your opinion... i think that getting digital only games is a way better deal. why would i want disc games when I already get them super cheap, actually have them, and they get devalued when they hit plus
Could not agree with you more.. I never understood the appeal of getting physical games.. by the time they hit the service they have been in the bargain bin or in a PSN sale for cheap. Give me fresh downloadables any day over stale retail games.

Could not agree with you more.. I never understood the appeal of getting physical games.. by the time they hit the service they have been in the bargain bin or in a PSN sale for cheap. Give me fresh downloadables any day over stale retail games.
Because the consumer protection isn't there yet. Of course I'd love to have everything digital instead, but when there's no refunds, Amazon/Sony/Nintendo can ban your from access from your library, I won't put my eggs in that basket.

Even now, the majority of any of the digital rights protection we have is because of the EU. Steam refunds only happened cause of a lawsuit in the EU.

There's also no resell / first sales protection for digital.

When those things all get resolved, I will gladly switch to digital.

I've been saying for awhile that Bloodborne looks really cool but I'm not very good at those types of games. This will definitely be the right price to make me want to try it though. I've actually never played Ratchet and Clank either, so this should be a great month for me. 

I have Titanfall 2 and still play it from time to time. My question is, for $9.99 is it worth it for just the add-ons alone?

Because the consumer protection isn't there yet. Of course I'd love to have everything digital instead, but when there's no refunds, Amazon/Sony/Nintendo can ban your from access from your library, I won't put my eggs in that basket.

Even now, the majority of any of the digital rights protection we have is because of the EU. Steam refunds only happened cause of a lawsuit in the EU.

There's also no resell / first sales protection for digital.

When those things all get resolved, I will gladly switch to digital.
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me.. I meant giving physical games on the PS+ or GWG service, not physical media itself.. I am 100% down with physical media.. simply for GameFly and if I do buy it I can resell it down the road. I have found myself doing that more than ever this gen.. buying physical.. then rebuying in a PSN sale and selling the physical copy for more than the price I just got it on sale for. Anyway, hope that clears it up.

I think all this gloom and doom for PS Plus is a little premature since we're 12 months away, but it's also highly unlikely Sony is going to simply take those things away without some sort of replacement.  It likely won't be what most are thinking or even wanting, but they still have to compete with an ever more competitive Microsoft and now Nintendo, so they can't be completely blind.  Sony seems to be giving away a lot of in-game freebies for free to play games lately, so maybe they're going to double down on some of that kind of stuff.

And those saying they won't miss it because they didn't hook up their PS3 or didn't own a Vita.. almost monthly 2 of those games were cross buy giving you essentially 4 PS4 games.. those will be gone next year with no compensation.. just gone. Now one thing to speculate is that the PS5 is going to launch shortly after so it could turn back to 4 games a month.. just have to wait and see.
They didn't say it would be 2 PS4 games. I would take 2 good and 2 crappy PS4 games over the throwaway PS3 titles we've been getting for PS3 for years. But I agree with your point about PS5 and hope it's related to that.

Also I have a hard time agreeing that the "value" has decreased, if all we are losing are throwaway (IMO) PS3 titles. I judge value by the quality of the game. No amount of [insert any PS3 PS Plus title for the last 2+ years here] is equal in value to one Bloodborne.

I think all this gloom and doom for PS Plus is a little premature since we're 12 months away, but it's also highly unlikely Sony is going to simply take those things away without some sort of replacement. It likely won't be what most are thinking or even wanting, but they still have to compete with an ever more competitive Microsoft and now Nintendo, so they can't be completely blind. Sony seems to be giving away a lot of in-game freebies for free to play games lately, so maybe they're going to double down on some of that kind of stuff.
Nintendo competitive? Definitely, the Switch has shocked me with how well it has done so far.

Microsoft competitive? Ehhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back