PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need to download the games on a PS3 to enable the cross buy or will I buy able to download Mighty No. 9 etc straight away from my PS4?

I don't think that game would be worth digging out the old PS3
Mighty No 9 isn't Cross Buy. They'll make both the PS4 and PS3 version available for PS+ people, so just grab them like any other PS+ game.

I still fire up the ps3 and claim the free games every month, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I played one of them. This is not a great loss. The system will be 13 years old when this ends. It's time to move on. Plus there's still a full year of it left, so maybe some good games will hit in that time. If it bothers you that much, then cancel your sub.

I hardly play online at all, maybe a night of rocket league every month or two, but plus still provides adequate value for 40 bucks a year (no CAG pays 60 right?) between the free ps4 games and great discounts. This year, in 3 months, we have already gotten Deus Ex, Batman telltale, Knack, Rime, Grand Kingdom, Bloodborne, and R&C. That is a great value. I have some of those sure, but it's also great to see the others.

Anyone else having a problem getting onto the PSN store via the web?  I've tried three different browsers (one PC, two mobile) and I get "Unable to Find This Page" the moment I'm signed in.  Going via the console works fine.

I can get the page to start loading via Chrome. 

I'm logged in and I can check my wallet balance but can't find any games and my history of downloads is blank. 

UNABLE TO FIND THIS PAGE

Anyone else having a problem getting onto the PSN store via the web? I've tried three different browsers (one PC, two mobile) and I get "Unable to Find This Page" the moment I'm signed in. Going via the console works fine.
Yeah, it’s fucked at the moment.

That you're just being antagonistic at this point? Consider it established.
That you guys are like the people on Hoarders crying that they're throwing out your 15 year old folding chair covered in cat shit because maybe one day you'll have a use for it.

PS+ is good for the semi-casual gamers, since they don't buy every single game just because it's cheap.

Since I don't own bloodborne or ratchet(or deus ex). this makes it a good month. Really hate the constant bitching about how the games suck every month, specially when it's those who own the games already and so feel offended that a game they own already is free.

People like different types of games, so one persons good month is anothers bad month.

This got me curious about how many PS+ games I played from the last year. (That I hadn't already bought myself)

Day of the Tentacle, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Abzu, Killing Floor 2, Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry.

I really don't get a lot of value out of that. Good thing there's discounts.

When/what time exactly eastern time is the deadline to subscribe to PS+ and get Rime for free? Tonight? Tomorrow?

That is a good month. Finally get to play ratchet and clank. looks like it is 6 -> 2 games from now on. (actually says starting march 2019)

Anybody played Blade & Bones? Reviews I've read say it's really good as an open-ended Metroidvania, but it fails at the one thing it tries to focus on; sharpened Souls-like gameplay.

• We all knew this would happen eventually. (Though I thought it would be around the time a new console is announced. We would have heard at least some concrete rumors by now if a new console was to be released even by end of 2020. And with Nintendo's late entry and the enhanced Pro & OneX, this gen will probably last a little longer than generally expected.)

• Just a warning but, 360 GWG games will eventually end as well. Especially with a BC requirement since, as we all know, 360 BC is dead already. :D

• We do now receive VR games here and there from Plus, which was an addition we weren't paying extra for already. By next year there will be a stable of older VR games that developers will probably be happy to give thru Plus for new revenue. My guess is that we will be getting at least one VR additional game per month by then.

• We will still see some PS3 and Vita games that are cross-buy with the PS4 games they give in the future.

• Opinion, but the real worth of Plus is (besides MP) is the discounts. The discounts EASILY give me return on investment. Most here are probably the same, you don't follow this thread to see what the Plus games are each month. Besides, half the time I already own the games anyway, which doesn't bother me since I most probably got a sweet discount on it. The other half is cake.

PlayStation Plus is making it easy not to renew my subscription. Besides being tempted by sales I shouldn't be getting in the first place, I've played maybe 3-4 of the free games, total. Either I already own them or I have no interest in them. I bought Bloodborne: Complete Edition for $13.99 and Claire: Extended for $3.74 and still haven't played either. Ratchet will go on my backlog for the non-immediate future. It's just "meh" for me all the way around.
So PS+ is a bad value because you are unable to stop wasting your money on games you aren't going to play. Got it.

i'm confused... I have chocobos and i haven't gotten to the carnivals yet [still]. You get chocobos as soon as you enter chap 3 if you want. right near the first outpost... prompto even says he wants to go there first.
Sorry, the limited time ones (Festivals probably more accurate. The Assassins one & one before that). I didn't know there were other carnivals, sorry.

• We do now receive VR games here and there from Plus, which was an addition we weren't paying extra for already. By next year there will be a stable of older VR games that developers will probably be happy to give thru Plus for new revenue. My guess is that we will be getting at least one VR additional game per month by then.
They should treat PSVR like a separate system. If they're only doing 2 PS4 games a month and one of them is VR, non-VR people are going to be pissed.

So PS+ is a bad value because you are unable to stop wasting your money on games you aren't going to play. Got it.
Like chip said above, it's only a good value if you plan on taking advantage of the sales. I don't do multiplayer and I barely get any use of out of the free monthly games. It's my own personal decision, people are free to make up their mind and do as they please.

Anybody played Blade & Bones? Reviews I've read say it's really good as an open-ended Metroidvania, but it fails at the one thing it tries to focus on; sharpened Souls-like gameplay.
I'm interested in this too. I seem to remember looking up reviews on metacritic & passing because I couldn't find anyone I knew I usually agreed with who reviewed it.

Hoping some PSN credit deal will pop up this week with the 15 back on 100 thing going on.

They should treat PSVR like a separate system. If they're only doing 2 PS4 games a month and one of them is VR, non-VR people are going to be pissed.
Yeah, I meant that I think there will be an additional VR game per month by then besides the 2 regular PS4 games.

Like chip said above, it's only a good value if you plan on taking advantage of the sales. I don't do multiplayer and I barely get any use of out of the free monthly games. It's my own personal decision, people are free to make up their mind and do as they please.
My PS+ is up in April & since I never played Uncharted MP, or any other game's MP, I think I'm not going to renew it for the first time since it was introduced on ps3. I can't afford to right now, & that plays a part in my decision, but it is getting me to think about things from a perspective I didn't consider before, & those funds could be used on other more pressing things, at least for a while. I usually end up already owning most of the games that I care about in the free games portion, & I will never play the others.

Sony's sent me a PM, as a player of Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, with a code for some items for Everybody's Golf. It's probably going out to others that have both.

Or it's like the current system where they're an added bonus on top of the other games offered.

Yeah, I meant that I think there will be an additional VR game per month by then besides the 2 regular PS4 games.
Or it's like the current system where they're an added bonus on top of the other games offered.
Yeah, I was just going by that tweet that was posted earlier.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/968899759393173505

Who knows what'll actually happen one year from now, though.

Yeah, I was just going by that tweet that was posted earlier.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/968899759393173505

Who knows what'll actually happen one year from now, though.
PSVR games don't count as part of the six games per month, so that tweet doesn't really mean anything on that subject.

It seems like in a year PS+ will be quite different from what it is now. I don't know what it will be. But this seems like just giving fair warning to the few people who subscribe just for PS3 and/or Vita games that they probably don't want to renew.

Having a hard time making a decision on what to spend my ps credit on. Last week it would have been easy, as I only had $14, & have waited on What Remains of Edith Finch to go on sale again. I was apprehensive the more I read it was more like an interactive story, in which you couldn't fail. I have disliked Mario Odyssey because of the lack of challenge, so not sure if I'd feel the same with this game, which I had no expectations for, unlike a Mario game.

Then, someone mentioned that PS rewards points expired in March, so I looked and saw I could pay like $2 for the points to get a $10 PSN credit. I did this because I've had lots of points expire before but I wasnt aware they sold PSN cards, or that they sold points for .o1 cent per point. Anyway, now I have enough to get Uncharted Lost Legacy since it's on sale now (which is an exclusive, so I couldn't get on X1 using MS Rewards credit, which is a possibility in my case with Edith Finch if it goes on sale before my Xbox credit expires). I dislike digital versions usually, but I doubt I'll dislike this game, even though I've yet to complete Uncharted 4.

Reading the context I provided, can anyone offer advice on choosing between these 2 games to help me make that decision? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who enjoyed both games. Thanks.

Having a hard time making a decision on what to spend my ps credit on. Last week it would have been easy, as I only had $14, & have waited on What Remains of Edith Finch to go on sale again. I was apprehensive the more I read it was more like an interactive story, in which you couldn't fail. I have disliked Mario Odyssey because of the lack of challenge, so not sure if I'd feel the same with this game, which I had no expectations for, unlike a Mario game.

Then, someone mentioned that PS rewards points expired in March, so I looked and saw I could pay like $2 for the points to get a $10 PSN credit. I did this because I've had lots of points expire before but I wasnt aware they sold PSN cards, or that they sold points for .o1 cent per point. Anyway, now I have enough to get Uncharted Lost Legacy since it's on sale now (which is an exclusive, so I couldn't get on X1 using MS Rewards credit, which is a possibility in my case with Edith Finch if it goes on sale before my Xbox credit expires). I dislike digital versions usually, but I doubt I'll dislike this game, even though I've yet to complete Uncharted 4.

Reading the context I provided, can anyone offer advice on choosing between these 2 games to help me make that decision? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who enjoyed both games. Thanks.
Uncharted LL, I would rather just read a book than play Edith Finch.

So I havnt had a ps4 in a long while. Over a year. I caved and traded my 3DS and everything in for one.

I want South Park really bad but I dunno if I need the gold edition or nah. I’m also not having much luck on finding out if I can still snag The Stick of Truth or nah.

Can anyone help?

What remains of Edith Finch is a walking sim and I don't mean that in a negative way. I actually really enjoy them if done right but like you said you can get it on a non-playstation platform.

Uncharted however has more replayability and is more of a "game" and is exclusive. I'd go with that.

It's an interesting predicament. I love the Uncharted games, and The Lost Legacy is no different (plus you don't need to complete U4 to enjoy it). It sounds like you might want to wait for the physical though. Edith only has a limited physical release so you're probably leaning more towards digital, but you can play on either X or PS (double the chance of another sale coming along). Since you've got more than enough for Uncharted, I guess you should go in that direction, and hopefully use your Microsoft credit on Edith before it expires (it seems like PS and X sales usually go pretty close together).

So I havnt had a ps4 in a long while. Over a year. I caved and traded my 3DS and everything in for one.
I want South Park really bad but I dunno if I need the gold edition or nah. I’m also not having much luck on finding out if I can still snag The Stick of Truth or nah.
Can anyone help?
Picked one up at GS. Both the Stick of Truth and Towelie codes worked a couple of days ago.

So there isn’t a way for me to get Stick of Truth right now other than on a whim like that? The gold edition def doesn’t come with it?

Also is any of the DLC in the gold edition detrimental? Will I be missing anything freakin sweet?

I know this is a long shot but have the DLC for Gundam Versus been on sale or should I not hold my breath?

I'm set to make about $20 from trading in my physical copies of Bloodborne/RNC tomorrow. Thanks Sony.

If I bought a physical copy of Bloodborne, and bought the DLC separately digitally, will I lose access to the DLC if I trade in my physical copy once Bloodborne is on PS Plus? Is there any reason not to trade in my physical copy?
Yeah. You’ll be able to use your DLC fine.

Hey, I tried to enter the 20% off code that came with my PS4Pro and got an error saying it's not valid for the country associated with my account. Has anyone come across & know what to do with this problem? I checked and my account is registered to the US...did I somehow buy a Canadian PS4?

I was able to talk some sense into myself and avoid buying anything this week. Damn, I'm good.

Actually, that's a lie, I bought an avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back