PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So there isn’t a way for me to get Stick of Truth right now other than on a whim like that? The gold edition def doesn’t come with it?

Also is any of the DLC in the gold edition detrimental? Will I be missing anything freakin sweet?

I know this is a long shot but have the DLC for Gundam Versus been on sale or should I not hold my breath?
They released a disc version on PS4.
The physical Gold version comes with it and the code still works as of yesterday.

Fantastic. I'm ready to buy a cart full of games and find out that the 20% off code I received in my PS4 Pro is a Canadian code, and only good with Canadian-based accounts. So, if there's a Canuck out there who could use it, PM me and I'll send it to you. The code expires tonight. And, by some miracle there's someone in the US who has a code that's not planning to use it, I'd appreciate it! 

Having a hard time making a decision on what to spend my ps credit on. Last week it would have been easy, as I only had $14, & have waited on What Remains of Edith Finch to go on sale again. I was apprehensive the more I read it was more like an interactive story, in which you couldn't fail. I have disliked Mario Odyssey because of the lack of challenge, so not sure if I'd feel the same with this game, which I had no expectations for, unlike a Mario game.

Then, someone mentioned that PS rewards points expired in March, so I looked and saw I could pay like $2 for the points to get a $10 PSN credit. I did this because I've had lots of points expire before but I wasnt aware they sold PSN cards, or that they sold points for .o1 cent per point. Anyway, now I have enough to get Uncharted Lost Legacy since it's on sale now (which is an exclusive, so I couldn't get on X1 using MS Rewards credit, which is a possibility in my case with Edith Finch if it goes on sale before my Xbox credit expires). I dislike digital versions usually, but I doubt I'll dislike this game, even though I've yet to complete Uncharted 4.

Reading the context I provided, can anyone offer advice on choosing between these 2 games to help me make that decision? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who enjoyed both games. Thanks.
I played Finch last night and it was the most emotional two hours of gaming I've ever experienced. This may be chalked up to the fact that I went to my grandma's home a week ago to help clean out her house.

Sony's trolling us guys, we all know the world is gonna end before the year is up.

Fantastic. I'm ready to buy a cart full of games and find out that the 20% off code I received in my PS4 Pro is a Canadian code, and only good with Canadian-based accounts. So, if there's a Canuck out there who could use it, PM me and I'll send it to you. The code expires tonight. And, by some miracle there's someone in the US who has a code that's not planning to use it, I'd appreciate it!
People have posted about this same situation in the past. I think they were able to get a replacement code from customer support. You might need to provide proof of purchase.

Thanks for the opinions, guys. I think Ill get uncharted LL now, & I'll have until March 8, so one more sale on Xbox before deciding if I should buy Edith Finch for full price if it's not on sale. I am kicking myself for passing it up not too long ago, but oh well. I'll play it eventually because of my curiosity in it. Thanks again.

Remember when Sony started charging an extra $10 for a year of Plus and didn’t add any extra value to the service? It’s what I’m afraid of what will happen when we lose ps3 and vita.
Most services don't 'add' stuff when they raise the price. They're raising the price to keep up with increasing costs/etc. I mean, Netflix and Hulu don't suddenly add stuff when they raise the price, but rather, expect us to understand that if they raise their price, it's due to business concerns [anything from increased licensing fees to padding the bottom line and everything in between]. If my local burger place increases their price by 50 cents, I don't expect a bigger burger.

Pipe dream. Like I said, a couple years ago they raised the price for a year of Plus by $10 and added no value. There’s no reason to think that the quality of the PS4 games offered will be any better than they have been since the PS4 came out. This is a bad move for the consumer.
Ridiculous. First, it's more likely that some PR Rep got it wrong, or that they're not ready to tell us the new plan yet, than that they are dropping to just 2 games. Secondly, even if they are dropping to 2 games, it's more likely they'll put the same budget towards it that they do now, then simply butcher all that good will.

Comparing this to 'raising the price and not giving us more stuff' is also a bit goofy, but I already discussed that above. That was a price hike, not a 'pay more for more stuff hike'. Companies raise prices all the time. We don't get more stuff because they do. That isn't 'anti-consumer', it's just dealing with inflation and other business issues.

'This is a bad move for the consumer'. Well... I mean, I guess? I love my vita, so yeah, it's a bad move for me. But for the consumer? How the hell should I know? We're not in 2019 yet. We have no idea how this is going to pan out. What if their market testing told them most people would prefer 4 ps4 games over 6 games in the current 2/2/2 format. Would that make it a 'good' move for consumers, since that's what their testing told them? I guarantee they know exactly what percentage of people 'buy' ps+ games on ps3/vita, actually download them, and then actually play them. I'm a hardcore vita player... but it's not hard to imagine they've decided they can service average 'consumers' better in a different way.

The sky isn't falling. It's certainly not a 'pipe dream' to expect they're going to tell us more about this change once we get closer to the date than we know now. Assuming the worst is far more silly than the other poster's perfectly sane and reasonable expectation they might adjust their budget accordingly.

On one hand, I'm very happy Sony told us to prepare a year in advance. Clearly, they did this to avoid people renewing and then claiming it was for Vita/PS3 games. Unfortunately, it also means we're going to hear about this shit for the next year alongside all the other normal ps+ monthly hissyfits and 'they aren't free' pedantry. Game I love? I already own it! Game I don't own? Screw that! Now we're going to hear about this shit too.

Wall of Text
affa, stop being reasonable.

I still have leftover pitchforks and torches in my my backlog. They're not going to sell themselves.

I agree that a year's notice is a well calculated plan on their part. Hopefully it gives them enough time to convince us that PS+ is still going to provide sufficient bang for our buck. The notification of only two games is a bad one though, even if no one ever actually plays the other ones.

I still play my Vita and my PS3 is hooked up. I download every game offered and play nearly every Vita game that is given, especially if its Cross Buy. I would like to keep the Cross Buy games occurring.

Realistically, for me, sixty dollars a year is a pittance and I'll keep renewing. But it is my money and I want what I consider to be an appropriate value, however that's measured. So II'll choose to to outraged for the next year or more (but probably only when spurred by the rest of you here).

I hate the PS store. Can you not fast forward videos when they don't show up in the old style store? I try to look at screenshots of new games since I can't fast forward past the beginning of videos (it takes probably 20 seconds to get to actual gameplay, if at all). Every time, I tap up to get to the screenshots & videos, then I tap right to look at screenshots. When the first screenshot loads, the darn video always starts playing & sometimes overtakes the screenshot. Same if I press down to look at the description first, the video starts playing, & when the stupid logo or intro is white, it makes it so I can't read the description. If I do little things that waste more time, like go up until the video gets a few seconds in, then go down to the description, it seems to work correctly & have a solid bkack background. Does anyone else have any of these issues? Is there a fast forward for videos? If there were, I wouldn't care about these other issues, but it takes so long for me to look at all the new releases when I visit the store after I miss a week, and these things pile on the time it takes. Okay, I'm done venting... For now.

affa, stop being reasonable.

I still have leftover pitchforks and torches in my my backlog. They're not going to sell themselves.

I agree that a year's notice is a well calculated plan on their part. Hopefully it gives them enough time to convince us that PS+ is still going to provide sufficient bang for our buck. The notification of only two games is a bad one though, even if no one ever actually plays the other ones.

I still play my Vita and my PS3 is hooked up. I download every game offered and play nearly every Vita game that is given, especially if its Cross Buy. I would like to keep the Cross Buy games occurring.

Realistically, for me, sixty dollars a year is a pittance and I'll keep renewing. But it is my money and I want what I consider to be an appropriate value, however that's measured. So II'll choose to to outraged for the next year or more (but probably only when spurred by the rest of you here).
I would also say that people with concerns about just getting two games or whatever when the change happens should voice them to Sony on Twitter, email, etc since I'd imagine that they'd be open to feedback on what reasonable people would like out of the PS4-specific form of the service.

My first thought when I heard the PS+ news was that I hope it means they'll replace the PS3 and Vita games with a free PSVR game or two each month, but it looks like that's not the case.  I'm trying not to look at that as Sony not supporting another system/peripheral (Move, Vita, etc...), but that's not a good sign...

Seems to go through midnight next Tuesday so I believe so.

At least that’s what I’m hoping...
Thanks, I am like $10 short and I did everything I could to find something yesterday since I was using a 20% coupon but nothing seemed worth it for the $11.99 left in my wallet

How is Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite?  I've heard lukewarm things so will probably wait for a steeper discount but tempted because Marvel. 

I picked up Battlefront 2 and have enjoyed it but I'm not very good yet so it's basically running to my death, respawn then charge off towards the hereafter again.  I wish there was more variety between rebels and empire teams (they're literally reskins of the same characters).  The space battles are a standout. 

Oof, that box art...they really could have done better.

40541706591_f3014935dc_b.jpg
:puke:

Guess I'll trade in my physical copy of Nioh to Best Buy for $17 and get the complete edition from this sale since the season pass is apparently never going on sale again.

Picked up ECHO last night and it’s fantastic. Highly recommend it if you’re looking for something to get you to the $100 mark.

I hate the PS store. Can you not fast forward videos when they don't show up in the old style store? I try to look at screenshots of new games since I can't fast forward past the beginning of videos (it takes probably 20 seconds to get to actual gameplay, if at all). Every time, I tap up to get to the screenshots & videos, then I tap right to look at screenshots. When the first screenshot loads, the darn video always starts playing & sometimes overtakes the screenshot. Same if I press down to look at the description first, the video starts playing, & when the stupid logo or intro is white, it makes it so I can't read the description. If I do little things that waste more time, like go up until the video gets a few seconds in, then go down to the description, it seems to work correctly & have a solid bkack background. Does anyone else have any of these issues? Is there a fast forward for videos? If there were, I wouldn't care about these other issues, but it takes so long for me to look at all the new releases when I visit the store after I miss a week, and these things pile on the time it takes. Okay, I'm done venting... For now.
I hate it too. Try starting the video and pausing it, then look at screens.

How is Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite? I've heard lukewarm things so will probably wait for a steeper discount but tempted because Marvel.

I picked up Battlefront 2 and have enjoyed it but I'm not very good yet so it's basically running to my death, respawn then charge off towards the hereafter again. I wish there was more variety between rebels and empire teams (they're literally reskins of the same characters). The space battles are a standout.
It's butt. Fighting game with no soul or replay value. And a lot of the new characters are DLC.

It's like a marvel brand fighting game with capcom characters added, named after a series that's filled with much better games.

Oof, that box art...they really could have done better.

40541706591_f3014935dc_b.jpg
:puke:
Yeah, I would have preferred the one that misleadingly makes you think Jennifer Lawrence is in it.

detroit__become_human___fan_made_cover_art_by_benoski-d9enqy2.jpg

(a lawsuit waiting to happen?)

I love Quantic Dream, and Beyond: Two Souls (steelbook) is actually one of the few games I ever bought on release day, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to wait until it's 50% off or less before I pick it up. Hopefully by Black Friday.

Yeah, I would have preferred the one that misleadingly makes you think Jennifer Lawrence is in it.

detroit__become_human___fan_made_cover_art_by_benoski-d9enqy2.jpg

(a lawsuit waiting to happen?)

I love Quantic Dream, and Beyond: Two Souls (steelbook) is actually one of the few games I ever bought on release day, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to wait until it's 50% off or less before I pick it up. Hopefully by Black Friday.
Hope for an SB with more class. I bought the SB for 7 bucks at Gamestop last year and imported the UK physical copy that had both games. I'd imagine some region somewhere will offer a decent SB.

How is Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite? I've heard lukewarm things so will probably wait for a steeper discount but tempted because Marvel.

I picked up Battlefront 2 and have enjoyed it but I'm not very good yet so it's basically running to my death, respawn then charge off towards the hereafter again. I wish there was more variety between rebels and empire teams (they're literally reskins of the same characters). The space battles are a standout.
It's OK. The whole crossover thing is fun and the fighting is super fast but the story and character design are atrocious. I have the season pass and haven't messed with it much. I also think the costume season pass is a shameless cash grab and they should have been unlockables in game.

Is now the time to pick up Witcher 3 Complete? I have a massive backlog so I probably won’t touch it anytime soon, but I’m not sure it’ll ever go less than $19.99. Thoughts?

Is now the time to pick up Witcher 3 Complete? I have a massive backlog so I probably won’t touch it anytime soon, but I’m not sure it’ll ever go less than $19.99. Thoughts?
You're probably right that $19.99 is as low as it'll go. You could do much worse than paying that much for 150+ hours of quality.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vanilla game eventually makes it onto PS+ or GWG....but yeah I don't see the complete edition ever dropping much lower than $20.

Gonna check out the demo for Gravel, want to see if it'll worth buying eventually. Gonna wait on Edith Finch for now and go with TLoU Remastered, Nex Machina, and Titanfall 2.

I like that there's a sale on :ps4: Okami, but considering I already bought it for PS2, Wii, and PS3, I will continue waiting for a lower price.

:whee:  :whee:  :whee: Prediction:  PS+ Free Games for March 2019 - Red Dead Redemption 2 & GTA VI.   :whee:  :whee:  :whee:

PS - My predictions have never been wrong.

PPS - I've never made a prediction before.

:grouphug:    :beer:

:whee: :whee: :whee: Prediction: PS+ Free Games for March 2019 - Red Dead Redemption 2 & GTA VI. :whee: :whee: :whee:

PS - My predictions have never been wrong.

PPS - I've never made a prediction before.

:grouphug: :beer:
Quoting this so it will be easier to find one year from now. Of course, so we can celebrate how right you are/were.

Sega got me... That “demo” of Yakuza 6 got me hooked and they reeled me in by letting me play a “not yet released” game. My backlog is huge and I’m in the midst of Nioh and COD: WW2 but I put in like 4 hours into Yakuza 6 yesterday. Then they revoked the license today. I’ll end up buying it.

Got an email about the changes to PS+.

Got another email that PSN is crediting my account because NJ tax rates were lowered Jan 1, 2018.

I got a refund of 0.04.  Sent to me in two separate credits of 0.01 and 0.03.

Now I can get that surgery I've been saving up for.

It's not the first time it has gone down to $20 and it won't be the last so you might as well wait unless that $20 is going to push you to the $100 threshold. Good game with a ton of content, though. Bad for backlogs.

So considering Nioh: CE for 24.99. But should I jump at that price or is there a really good chance it goes on sale for even lower by the end of the year?

If you want it, get it. I don't think it's ever gone on sale lower than $40 for vanilla
Yeah, I do want it. Its just I wouldn't be playing it right now because my HDD is full and I need to beat some of these digital and non digital games I have on my PS4 first to make room for a 50GB game like Nioh: CE. I assume when it says 48. something Gb on the store page, it is including the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back