PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats the thing with me, I love JRPGs but Idea Factory games for the most part I can't get into. I kept buying them up until about a year ago and never really had a great time with one, I kept thinking back to the heyday of JRPGs in the PS1/2 era and just decided I'd be better off playing classics I had missed over the years (it also prompted me to get into handheld gaming more as there is often a richer JRPG landscape).
yeah i never understood the idea fans, tried getting into it multiple times, cant remember which one i enjoyed but most are tuff since most of the times its reskins plus its always dialogue heavy but always open to trying again with future titles

The PS3 collection had a bunch of arcade games in it, so it didn't have 49 Genesis games.
not sure what you mean since that list is over 40 games just like the 360 one that came out and is backwards compatible, the unlockables were just artwork and behind the scenes facts, this one coming out since its priced at 30$ is probably the same thing just tweaked, would have to have a good reason to double dip but understandable for ps4 owners (me included) who would pop but xbox owners could just get the old copy

If he’s a puppy get ready for no gaming time for the next 6 - 18 months.
He's around 6 months old, so yeah probably. I guess I should have at least finished up Far Cry Primal since I was near the end of it. Oh well, I can try to sneak in some game time when the little shit guy sleeps.

There is a pretty cool looking ps4 pro GoW bundle. Now it is time to debate just waiting and seeing to maybe get a spiderman one instead.

Do you really make RPG Maker games? I'd be interested in checking out your work. I'm always surprised more indie games aren't made with it. The most famous is the To The Moon series, then I'm hard-pressed to think of the next successful game made with it.
I think Always Sometimes Monsters is a RPG Maker made title.

Any opinions on Cryptark?

I thought it was discussed or mentioned in here recently, but search brings up 0 results. I believe there are too many posts in this forum for the search engine to work properly because I didn't even get a hit from the recent sales post.

Otherwise will be picking up Darksiders Warmastered, Firewatch, and the Jak & Daxter bundle.

Any opinions on Cryptark?

I thought it was discussed or mentioned in here recently, but search brings up 0 results. I believe there are too many posts in this forum for the search engine to work properly because I didn't even get a hit from the recent sales post.

Otherwise will be picking up Darksiders Warmastered, Firewatch, and the Jak & Daxter bundle.
Make sure you get Firewatch that is bundled with the dynamic theme. It’s one of the best dynamic themes on PS4 IMHO.
https://youtu.be/85VWT9myzkQ

So today I get home from work wanting to see what deals are on the ps3 store.I attempt to turn on my console via the controller and nothing so I hit the power button on the console.I then try to go online and says can't connect so gives me error code 80130128 and Google it and it's a wifi/blu tooth antenna problem.
I go WTF my ps3 was working fine a few days ago so I look online to see how to open it up and clean/disconnect reconnect the wires or antennas.I do just that and wipe off all the dust that has accumulated over the years and put it back and still my controller won't sync with console and can't get Wi-Fi to work. So my question is do I just need to replace those two things or could it be something else? I have a ps3 slim

So today I get home from work wanting to see what deals are on the ps3 store.I attempt to turn on my console via the controller and nothing so I hit the power button on the console.I then try to go online and says can't connect so gives me error code 80130128 and Google it and it's a wifi/blu tooth antenna problem.
I go WTF my ps3 was working fine a few days ago so I look online to see how to open it up and clean/disconnect reconnect the wires or antennas.I do just that and wipe off all the dust that has accumulated over the years and put it back and still my controller won't sync with console and can't get Wi-Fi to work. So my question is do I just need to replace those two things or could it be something else? I have a ps3 slim
I would just buy replacement adapters from eBay. It’s not hard to do

Make sure you get Firewatch that is bundled with the dynamic theme. It’s one of the best dynamic themes on PS4 IMHO.
https://youtu.be/85VWT9myzkQ
I would REALLY like it if we had the option to use the default sound effects (up/down left/right) for themes. There are some great themes like the ones for Rez & Uncharted but if a theme uses something other than the default sound effects, I grow increasingly annoyed by them and can't use them for long.

I had considered the theme bundle and checked out the video, thought it looks great but the FX would likely get to me. Haven't bought yet and doesn't cost much so I may still get it. The sounds are definitely not the worst I've heard.

I would REALLY like it if we had the option to use the default sound effects (up/down left/right) for themes. There are some great themes like the ones for Rez & Uncharted but if a theme uses something other than the default sound effects, I grow increasingly annoyed by them and can't use them for long.
Yes, I have seen many themes that I thought were really nice, but have passed on them because the sound effects (and sometimes system icons) really sucked. They really should let us use the system default sounds with any theme we choose.

I also wish they brought the Flower Dynamic Theme to PS4. It was so relaxing and the time of day in the theme was in sync with the local time. It's all I've ever used on my PS3.

Picked up Telsa Vs Lovecraft and it’s awesome. Probably one of the best twin stick shooters I’ve played and the genre is one of my favorites. Also the best game by this dev (Neon Chrome, Crimsonland, Time Recoil).

Tons of power ups ... and mechs!

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/974269037453758466
Awesome. It's up on Amazon for pre-order. Now all I have to do is see the movie tonight and get my Barbie doll and I'll be all set.

First thing I'll do

s-l1600.jpg

Yes, I have seen many themes that I thought were really nice, but have passed on them because the sound effects (and sometimes system icons) really sucked. They really should let us use the system default sounds with any theme we choose.

I also wish they brought the Flower Dynamic Theme to PS4. It was so relaxing and the time of day in the theme was in sync with the local time. It's all I've ever used on my PS3.
Yeah, I think I had better luck with PS3 themes. Especially the ones by Sony like for Flower, Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, multiple for WipEout HD. i ended up just using this as a background image tho, which on a large plasma looks great:

bc45274e85f123e24aabc5e5b4ea863b.jpg

I'm surprised people leave the sound effects on. I think they're all annoying.
I am just so used to the default FX that it feels unnatural to me for them to be not there or different. Then again, I don't have sound effects for mouse actions on a PC when I scroll, drag, click, etc. (wouldn't that be extra annoying), so maybe I could get used to none. I'll try it out again to see if I can get used to that.

The $15 back after spending $100 promotion said that the $15 would arrive 'On or Before' March 16th --- i.e. tomorrow.

So we should expect the $15 tomorrow, but its possible that we will get the $15 today.

I anxiously await news that others have received their money!

Awesome. It's up on Amazon for pre-order. Now all I have to do is see the movie tonight and get my Barbie doll and I'll be all set.

First thing I'll do
s-l1600.jpg
Burdac, you know you cannot post naked pictures on here.

How is 2064: Read Only Memories? I was looking up review videos on youtube and not too many posted. One I was watching was bashing the game, but then the reviewer started talking politics and then I realized he is one of those alt-right idiots.
Not sure why that game has those idiots upset. Still debating if its worth the purchase and my time to play it.

How is 2064: Read Only Memories? I was looking up review videos on youtube and not too many posted. One I was watching was bashing the game, but then the reviewer started talking politics and then I realized he is one of those alt-right idiots.
Not sure why that game has those idiots upset. Still debating if its worth the purchase and my time to play it.
The game is mediocre. There's a lot of praise for it, but I find the pace to be WAY to slow.

I assume the edge-lords of the internet dislike it because it leans moderately heavily into identity politics and the like. It can be a bit much at times, but nothing to rage over.

Because the creator of the game told those people to fuck off and suggested not buying his game.

I own the first Jak and Daxter game from pre-ordering Uncharted The Lost Legacy.  I'm looking at maybe purchasing the rest of the collection on this sale.  Does anyone know if there is any difference between owning the "bundle" versus purchasing the games individually?  Is there a different opening to the "bundle" or does the PSN network simply download four games?

Also, does anyone know if there is any difference between the Bikes standalone and the Bikes expansion for DriveClub VR?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I own the first Jak and Daxter game from pre-ordering Uncharted The Lost Legacy. I'm looking at maybe purchasing the rest of the collection on this sale. Does anyone know if there is any difference between owning the "bundle" versus purchasing the games individually? Is there a different opening to the "bundle" or does the PSN network simply download four games?
Bundle is just the 4 individual downloads.

I own the first Jak and Daxter game from pre-ordering Uncharted The Lost Legacy. I'm looking at maybe purchasing the rest of the collection on this sale. Does anyone know if there is any difference between owning the "bundle" versus purchasing the games individually? Is there a different opening to the "bundle" or does the PSN network simply download four games?

Also, does anyone know if there is any difference between the Bikes standalone and the Bikes expansion for DriveClub VR?

Thanks in advance for any help.
There's no Bikes for DriveClub VR. It's just for the normal game.

Yeah, I think I had better luck with PS3 themes. Especially the ones by Sony like for Flower, Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, multiple for WipEout HD. i ended up just using this as a background image tho, which on a large plasma looks great:
I went with the Thunderstorms HiQ Dynamic Theme. Rain and thunder is always relaxing to me. :) I have a similar thing on my phone. The icon switch noises aren't the best, I will still prefer to use the default sounds, but it works fine enough.

Because the creator of the game told those people to fuck off and suggested not buying his game.
To be fair, they told everyone who voted for Trump to fuck off, not just the “alt right”. What did they expect would happen when they told 63 million people to fuck off ?

Also, it appears they later backtracked that comment but the damage was already done.

To be fair, they told everyone who voted for Trump to fuck off, not just the “alt right”. What did they expect would happen when they told 63 million people to fuck off ?

Also, it appears they later backtracked that comment but the damage was already done.
How delusional do you have to be to voice politics in a position like that? If I made a game/movie/album etc I wouldn’t say a word on politics. I mean what good comes from it? You might make 10 people buy your game because of it, but you’re going to alienate thousands.

This isn't really the appropriate thread to discuss it, but the new Tomb Raider movie was solid. As someone who has partaken in every Lara Croft adventure since 1996 (although this is obviously based more on the 2013 reboot), I thought it was competently made. I had my doubts about Alicia Vikander when she was first cast but she definitely nails the part and looks fantastic doing it. She skirts the line somewhere between delicate femininity and almost gross muscularity. They did change her backstory considerably (especially regarding her education) in an effort to "humanize" her more, and while it certainly doesn't reinvent the genre, it does check all the boxes for adventure fans.

Take that with a grain of salt though, because I also thought the Angelina Jolie movies were pretty good for their time.

giphy.gif

My VHS copy has scratches during this scene.

I was foolishly hoping that the new Tomb Raider movie would be rated R after both reboot games were rated M. I might catch it someday on Netflix or from Redbox but I would have gone to the theatre for it if it was R-rated. Yes, I am bloodthirsty. :D

How delusional do you have to be to voice politics in a position like that? If I made a game/movie/album etc I wouldn’t say a word on politics. I mean what good comes from it? You might make 10 people buy your game because of it, but you’re going to alienate thousands.
None of those people were going to buy the game anyways. The whole plot of the game is about LGBTQ issues, gender identity, and other issues that Trump supporters are scared of. Telling them this game isn't for you is exactly what the creator should have done.

I think their target market is right on board with that sentiment but alienating anyone is never smart business sense. I think it was an honest mistake though because people these days love to thing their personal opinion is never tied back to their work.

This isn't really the appropriate thread to discuss it, but the new Tomb Raider movie was solid. As someone who has partaken in every Lara Croft adventure since 1996 (although this is obviously based more on the 2013 reboot), I thought it was competently made. I had my doubts about Alicia Vikander when she was first cast but she definitely nails the part and looks fantastic doing it. She skirts the line somewhere between delicate femininity and almost gross muscularity. They did change her backstory considerably (especially regarding her education) in an effort to "humanize" her more, and while it certainly doesn't reinvent the genre, it does check all the boxes for adventure fans.

Take that with a grain of salt though, because I also thought the Angelina Jolie movies were pretty good for their time.
Yeah, the Jolie films are kinda meh but there was a time I'd watch them in syndication. The reboot game is top 10 for me though so I take it a bit personally the film reboot didn't quite shoot as high.

None of those people were going to buy the game anyways. The whole plot of the game is about LGBTQ issues, gender identity, and other issues that Trump supporters are scared of. Telling them this game isn't for you is exactly what the creator should have done.
It was made by a couple of gay kids so it seems like a pretty earnest thing they were trying to do. The heavy handed nature gender identify stuff apparently hurt the writing unless you thirst for indoctrination with your entertainment. People greatly offended by it deserve to be offended but if you want a knock off snatcher game level headed folks said it was still good even if they found some of the politics obnoxious.

Anyone ever transferred PS4 data between two external hard drives before?  My current one is going bad so I got a replacement.  Sadly, because Sony is fucking stupid, you can't have two active externals at the same time.  So I have to move 2tb of data at a time back to my internal hard drive, and then move it from the internal to the new external.  Such bullshit.

Has anyone ever just cloned the external to another external?  Was curious if it can even be done before i go through all the trouble.

Yeah, that's not how it works. People making entertainment should be allowed to express their views and beliefs, as long as they're obviously not of a harmful nature, because that stuff actively affects them and influences their work. Just because you'd be afraid to open about your views doesn't mean everybody else should be the same way. Considering how harmful GamerGate has been for the industry, I don't blame any developer not wanting those sorts of people in their audience.

I took advantage of the Capcom sale and got some stuff.

Capcom Fighting Evolution
Devil May Cry 4 SE Bundle
Disney Afternoon Collection
God Hand
Maximo
Strider II
Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Anyone ever transferred PS4 data between two external hard drives before? My current one is going bad so I got a replacement. Sadly, because Sony is fucking stupid, you can't have two active externals at the same time. So I have to move 2tb of data at a time back to my internal hard drive, and then move it from the internal to the new external. Such bullshit.

Has anyone ever just cloned the external to another external? Was curious if it can even be done before i go through all the trouble.
I would like to know this too. I was planning to use a 2tb drive I had lying around but may buy a new one just to avoid this hassle.

I will see Tomb Raider eventually because of Vikander. She’s a great actress and all CAGs should see Ex Machima if you don’t believe me. I think it’s how Oscar Issacs got his Star Wars role as well.

I went with the Thunderstorms HiQ Dynamic Theme. Rain and thunder is always relaxing to me. :) I have a similar thing on my phone. The icon switch noises aren't the best, I will still prefer to use the default sounds, but it works fine enough.
That thunderstorm one looks/sounds cool, and like you said the movement noises aren't that bad. I may still get the Firewatch one, see if that works out. The background image is what I use on PS3. I've been switching between themes on the PS4, but nothing has stuck yet. All the ones I got have been free, may just have to shell out for one.

Anyone ever transferred PS4 data between two external hard drives before? My current one is going bad so I got a replacement. Sadly, because Sony is fucking stupid, you can't have two active externals at the same time. So I have to move 2tb of data at a time back to my internal hard drive, and then move it from the internal to the new external. Such bullshit.

Has anyone ever just cloned the external to another external? Was curious if it can even be done before i go through all the trouble.
I assume Clonezilla can do it. I've never tried though. I use it for upgrading system drives on PCs all the time. Well, all the time, as in, whenever I actually upgrade.

Just bought the Nioh Season Pass without having ever played the game (still unopened in my backlog). After buying the pass, the three separate DLC purchases are free for me to "buy" and I do so. However, I can't download the DLC to my PS4. Is the Nioh DLC treated like BF1, where the latest patch just includes all the DLC regardless if you bought it, and the DLC ownership just "unlocks" it for you? Or do I actually have to download the Nioh DLC somehow?

Just bought the Nioh Season Pass without having ever played the game (still unopened in my backlog). After buying the pass, the three separate DLC purchases are free for me to "buy" and I do so. However, I can't download the DLC to my PS4. Is the Nioh DLC treated like BF1, where the latest patch just includes all the DLC regardless if you bought it, and the DLC ownership just "unlocks" it for you? Or do I actually have to download the Nioh DLC somehow?
I did the same thing and yes, through updates/patches they push through the DLC automatically to you and you are simply unlocking them to use by purchasing the season pass. May just have to click on "download" so it installs. For me I had to go into the game front and click on each one and it grayed it out and installed. Took little time since they were already on the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back