PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rally is your friend. You don't defend but regaining health after getting hit is very useful for offensive based tactics. Also be sure to use gun to stun and go in for to hit for crits
Yup, evasion is your only shield. Loved bloodborne and will probably go back to it again some day.

I didn’t even mind the chalice dungeons. Not saying I spent a lot of time going through random dungeons but I didn’t mind going through what I needed to in order for the plat.

Why they allow this yet can't add a copy option between system and external drive is still mind boggling, but whatever.
They encrypt it so it's harder to pirate / cheat on trophies. Otherwise, what stops you from cloning 100 times and just leave 100 PS4s offline with access to all the games?

Bloodborne is so much easier than the other souls games if you can get past the sword/board mentality that you developed. Rally mechanic makes it almost unfair.
Bloodborne is easier if you usually play aggressively. I don't know if I'll ever have the mindset to play only defensively, or stealthily.

In general, I prioritize parry > dodge > attack > block, so Bloodborne was extremely natural for me. Worked out for Infinite Climax mode in Bayonetta too.

If the Easter sale comes to the NA store I wouldn't expect it to start until tomorrow.  Major PSN Store sales in NA seem to usually start on Tuesdays or Fridays...

Is the 20% off code from the email generic? I saw mention it's the same as on the site. What site? PS Store? If so I don't see one there. Sorry for the stupid questions.

Is the 20% off code from the email generic? I saw mention it's the same as on the site. What site? PS Store? If so I don't see one there. Sorry for the stupid questions.
"(Gamertag), here's your PlayStation weekly update"

I have now received TWO 20% codes from Sony in a year! (last one i didn't even use lol)

For those of you on a PS4 Pro; does it have internal bluetooth support for things like the Gold Headset, or is the dongle still required? 

For those of you on a PS4 Pro; does it have internal bluetooth support for things like the Gold Headset, or is the dongle still required?
All ps4s have Bluetooth, but on an OS level it does not support Bluetooth audio via headsets only from the controller for some stupid reason.

Wish I seen the email code before I bought vbucks for the battle pass on Fortnite... Oh well. If I don't find anything to buy before expiration, I'll give my codes away here again.

This week Gamestop is having a sale on select 2K digital content. The Mafia III season pass is $10. That's $5 less than the PS+ price in the current PSN sale. Nothing else seems to be cheaper than the current PS+ prices, but if you don't have PS+ then you can get things like the Bioshock Collection or the Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection for the PS+ sale price.

Here's a link to the on sale section for digital PS4 content (the same stuff is most likely on sale on Xbox One as well). It's not a PSN sale, but since it's digital content it might be useful in this topic.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/playstation-4?nav=28-xu0,13a-162-1dc
how is the DLC? I played the main game through and liked it but thought it was too long. Just needed to end.

With the 20% off code I might just get the deluxe edition for under $20 (traded my disc long ago).

So there is no base version of Horizon Zero dawn?  I have the first DLC already.  Don't want to buy the complete edition (and certainly wont at $49.99).

Guess I will have to pick up a cheap used disc at some point.

"(Gamertag), here's your PlayStation weekly update"

I have now received TWO 20% codes from Sony in a year! (last one i didn't even use lol)
I have the exact same email...but from 2 weeks ago. Nothing this week, possibly because I already spent $100 recently and they dont want me to spend any more. Thank you PS!

No, the email codes are unique (and separate from the live.playstation codes). While we're on the subject, I guess they disabled the ability to generate a second code when viewing the email as a web page? A lot of us did that last time and gave away our spare codes, but it seems they caught on.

Used the 20% off code from the email to nab NFS Payback Deluxe Edition. $25.59 is definitely a good deal for it digital. Saving the other code from the quest for the potential Easter sale.

I will say, it is usually the 3rd weekend of the month. With rumors of an Easter sale, it's possible the reason they held it earlier this month was to make way for an Easter sale. No guarantee but I know I'm waiting until tomorrow to use my coupon.
wouldn't the Easter sale (if it's a flash sale) be next friday over the actual holiday?

I'm betting on the week long sale tuesday being the Easter sale.

Neither of the coupons expire till at least the 30th and i'm somewhat tempted on 1 item right now.. so either way i'm waiting.

Don’t usually preorder stuff from GameStop but did with No Ni Kuni 2 due to trade bonuses. Just found out they’re letting us pick it up at 9 pm so psyched to be playing in a few hours!

Bloodborne is so much easier than the other souls games if you can get past the sword/board mentality that you developed. Rally mechanic makes it almost unfair.
I don't think it's as easy because bow and arrow completely breaks most enemy AI in every Souls game (hard to believe it is still busted after 4 games) but I do agree it's not really a hard game, other than defiled amygdala and his stupid one shots.

What I actually think makes Bloodborne easy though is how the parry mechanic works, the window for it is absurdly large compared to Souls and in a lot of cases you can actually parry outside of enemy melee range. I was awful at parrying in Souls but in Bloodborne I basically just visceral attacked my way through the entire game (though there are some bosses that can't be parried, but most weren't that hard anyway.) It's even more dumb if you get runes that makes visceral attacks heal you.

2050. Sorry.
Darn! I was looking forward to a futuristic time travel adventure game.

Something like a dystopian future where they send a group back in time to save the future before it goes horribly wrong! To a time when the country was run by a sane president! To a time when social justice was a quaint idea before it went batshit crazy! When science was based on evidence and proven study rather than opinion! Before net neutrality started its stranglehold on the consumer! Back when toy stores were bountiful and happy! To a simpler time when artificial intelligence was for movies and not waging war against the human race! The good old days... back to 2015, when things made sense and they can put right what once went wrong and stop the slide towards destruction before it begins....

2015... a time of innocence and freedom... the time before the end was set in motion...

Or something like that

is there a solution to the "you are not eligible to download or purchase this content" message when trying to add a game to my cart?

has anyone else here had this problem?
I had that problem when trying to claim some of the PS+ games for the month a couple weeks ago. Have no clue what suddenly caused it or how work around it. Sounds like it could be a glitch or bug. I gave up on trying to claim the other games when it happened.

has anyone else here had this problem?
That usually occurs when either

1) you already own the game but the page didnt properly load so shows a buy link instead of a download link.

2) you already own other versions of the game that make the one your are looking at pointless, like if you already own all the games in a bundle.

I think I'm gonna use one of my 20% codes with A Way Out, shit looks cool and I got a couple friends who would like to try it couch co-op which sounds dope. 

That usually occurs when either

1) you already own the game but the page didnt properly load so shows a buy link instead of a download link.

2) you already own other versions of the game that make the one your are looking at pointless, like if you already own all the games in a bundle.
Just to expand on point #2 above, that includes cross-buy scenarios. If you add the PS4 version to your cart sometimes it gives you that error on the vita version, but if you check back after the transaction and the error message its usually been purchased, just a weird hangup in the interface of the store.

thanks. i am trying to buy flower and flow for ps4. it's possible i bought them for ps3 way back when i had one but i don't see them in my download history.

You fuckers will make me play bloodborne from where I left off and I will continue dying where I left off. Sons of bitches...
Fantastic post!

This is me - totally me.

Every time I see YouTube videos or concept art or hear a piece of the game's soundtrack or read an article on it....I want to get back into playing the game again. And then I do...and I die in the same place...a lot.

I am one of the many, many people that understand the game is fundamentally about overcoming obstacles and the thrill of - finally - achieving victory...but I want an Easy mode if I am to actually play it.

Fantastic post!
This is me - totally me.

Every time I see YouTube videos or concept art or hear a piece of the game's soundtrack or read an article on it....I want to get back into playing the game again. And then I do...and I die in the same place...a lot.

I am one of the many, many people that understand the game is fundamentally about overcoming obstacles and the thrill of - finally - achieving victory...but I want an Easy mode if I am to actually play it.
This

It’s a great game and it looks gorgeous, but that damn “you died” boss battle is a bitch..

My main Bloodborne save is NG+3 but I went back and created a new character yesterday for shits n giggles. It was way harder than I remember. You have very little health/stamina. I feel for people starting it for the first time. If the thirst isn't there, it's not worth forcing yourself. 

Fantastic post!
This is me - totally me.

Sounds to me you either need to level up your hunter some more or change up your tactics.Goodluck!

Any thoughts on Street Fighter V?  Is it worth getting the Arcade Edition now plus eventually the season 3 pass or better off to wait for a likely "Ultra" or some such version that contains all of the characters?

With the 20% coupon I have achieved the holy grail!

rnQOz2R.png

Sounds to me you either need to level up your hunter some more or change up your tactics.Goodluck!
Problem is, age and injuries kill our ability to play like we once did. I would like a baby mode so I could at least enjoy the game.
I can still play games and have fun, but IMO games like bloodbourne punish anyone that doesn’t have the reflexes of a kid anymore. Make an easier mode (other games call it normal, BB starts at master difficulty really) beat game on easy? You get a total of one trophy, that mocks you for beating the game on easy mode. I’d be fine with that.

Problem is, age and injuries kill our ability to play like we once did. I would like a baby mode so I could at least enjoy the game.
I can still play games and have fun, but IMO games like bloodbourne punish anyone that doesn’t have the reflexes of a kid anymore. Make an easier mode (other games call it normal, BB starts at master difficulty really) beat game on easy? You get a total of one trophy, that mocks you for beating the game on easy mode. I’d be fine with that.
I actually understand where you are coming from but the whole point of the game is to be hard. You make it so it isn't anymore and it really strips the soul out of the game, might as well just watch a let's play and I'm not saying that in a snotty way.

You don’t need a lot of reflexes to beat the game. It helps but every time you die you should learn something about what killed you. You should be able to start recognizing attack patterns and wind ups so that you can anticipate the appropriate dodge or counter. You don’t need to work faster. Learn, adapt, and then anticipate and you can beat anything in the game. I’m 40 and have never been good at twitchy quick reaction games like fighting games, but I beat bloodborne just fine with only a little help from summoning other players.

But that’s another option. Go to a bloodborne reddit or PS4 community and ask for help. There’s still a LOT of people willing to help you out. No hunter is ever alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back