PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't buy much with the 20% off code. But what I did buy was

Ni No Kuni 2 Standard Edition

Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered

Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack add-on

when is the easter sale coming? I want it now! REEEEEEEEEEEEÈ
Historically, have there been Easter PSN sales in the US? I did a bit of research today and it seemed like there wasn't one in 2015 or 2016. Last year, I guess there was a flash sale the Friday before, but not a real Easter sale. I still think something must be planned for 3/27 (when the Great Indoors period ends), but I'm preparing myself for the possibility that we might not get a similar 800+ Easter sale like the rest of the world. :whistle2:|

It sounds like Killbomb has played more than me so far, but the game does have some rough edges. I too have played and enjoyed the PC version, but I wanted to be able to play with a friend who doesn't do PC gaming. I haven't yet had trouble with monster targeting, but targeting items when there are multiple things on the ground is definitely an issue. I also couldn't get a healing spell in Nature Mastery to work correctly, and the game crashed on me after a few hours of running the server. I'm hoping they will patch some of these issues, but we'll see how it goes.
Hold X when surrounded by items and a list will come up so you can easily pick and choose what you want. Gold, potions and relic parts can be picked up in bulk by pressing square and you can even compare the items on the ground to what you're wearing. I don't think a tutorial tells you about that function but I watched somebody stream the game before I started playing so I knew it was there. First thing I tried was holding X and the list popped up. It actually makes the process quicker than the PC version.

I've seen others complain about not being able to heal yourself or target others with a spell so hopefully that will get patched soon.

Historically, have there been Easter PSN sales in the US? I did a bit of research today and it seemed like there wasn't one in 2015 or 2016. Last year, I guess there was a flash sale the Friday before, but not a real Easter sale. I still think something must be planned for 3/27 (when the Great Indoors period ends), but I'm preparing myself for the possibility that we might not get a similar 800+ Easter sale like the rest of the world. :whistle2:|
I was thinking the same thing. I won't be too bummed if we don't get one (this means I can get Far Cry 5), but it would be cool to finally get an Easter Sale. It would be smart to wait for a Flash Sale, but we JUST got one a couple of weeks ago. And if we do get a Flash Sale, the 20% off codes would expire by then.

I was thinking the same thing. I won't be too bummed if we don't get one (this means I can get Far Cry 5), but it would be cool to finally get an Easter Sale. It would be smart to wait for a Flash Sale, but we JUST got one a couple of weeks ago. And if we do get a Flash Sale, the 20% off codes would expire by then.
I thought the codes were good through 3/31?

We typically don't get EU sales at all, so I'm not sure where this "we're definitely getting a specific Easter sale because all of the EU countries are having one" thing came from.

Re: Easier/hard games.

You can't really make walking simulators harder for people who don't want an interactive novel either. I don't see why you would have to be able to step everything down so they're walking simulators. Go watch a movie or play a different game if that's what you're wanting out of a game.

Difficulties are also hard to get right. How many games have hard mode just be enemies doing 4x damage, and you deal 1/2? That balance is hard to do, and I'd rather they focus on the difficulty level they want instead of screwing one of the difficulties up.

For example, for whatever reason, Proud Mode on Kingdom Hearts 2 is supposedly harder than Critical Mode, which is supposed to be the hardest mode. Because they got the balance wrong.

Got a 20% off coupon I'm not going to use.  So here it is for anyone that needs it.  Just say you redeemed it, if you use it

Code:

2N7PEP8FTA

Re: Easier/hard games.

You can't really make walking simulators harder for people who don't want an interactive novel either. I don't see why you would have to be able to step everything down so they're walking simulators. Go watch a movie or play a different game if that's what you're wanting out of a game.

Difficulties are also hard to get right. How many games have hard mode just be enemies doing 4x damage, and you deal 1/2? That balance is hard to do, and I'd rather they focus on the difficulty level they want instead of screwing one of the difficulties up.

For example, for whatever reason, Proud Mode on Kingdom Hearts 2 is supposedly harder than Critical Mode, which is supposed to be the hardest mode. Because they got the balance wrong.
ah but did they truly get it wrong though, because Critical KH2 is perfection

lololol I got a 3 month ban on neogaf right before the election just for saying people can vote for whoever they like, never went back
NeoGAF isn't as ban happy now. The mods responsible for the echo chamber atmosphere are all at ResetEra now.

I got permabanned over nothing back in 2010 on my original account dating back to 2004, then perma'd again late last year, similarly for nothing.

Proud mode is significantly easier than crit mode, not sure where you got that from. If anything KH2 is actually a fantastic example of how to do difficulty because it's not simply random damage modifiers. Crit mode starts you out with a bunch of different abilities you'd normally not get until later in the game but also doesn't remove those abilities from the pool so you can double up on them. It also re-balances the game by nerfing HP gains through leveling up which means you can't simply level grind and turn yourself into an HP sponge (which you can do on proud), you actually have to learn how to properly dodge/parry/abuse iframes.

I could maybe see someone arguing the first couple of hours of crit are easier because you have access to more abilities but even then I don't really agree. Normal enemies on crit are brutal and will essentially 2 shot you (or even 1 shot you if they hit with their bigger attacks) which is not really the case on proud. The extra abilities exist solely so they can throw those enemies at you and actually make it a fair fight, and, they have the side effect of making the game move at a faster pace as you level up more and start doubling up on those abilities. Critical mode is basically a straight up action game where as proud and lower tow the line closer to being a RPG.

Proud mode is significantly easier than crit mode, not sure where you got that from. If anything KH2 is actually a fantastic example of how to do difficulty because it's not simply random damage modifiers. Crit mode starts you out with a bunch of different abilities you'd normally not get until later in the game but also doesn't remove those abilities from the pool so you can double up on them. It also re-balances the game by nerfing HP gains through leveling up which means you can't simply level grind and turn yourself into an HP sponge (which you can do on proud), you actually have to learn how to properly dodge/parry/abuse iframes.

I could maybe see someone arguing the first couple of hours of crit are easier because you have access to more abilities but even then I don't really agree. Normal enemies on crit are brutal and will essentially 2 shot you (or even 1 shot you if they hit with their bigger attacks) which is not really the case on proud. The extra abilities exist solely so they can throw those enemies at you and actually make it a fair fight, and, they have the side effect of making the game move at a faster pace as you level up more and start doubling up on those abilities. Critical mode is basically a straight up action game where as proud and lower tow the line closer to being a RPG.
Sorry, I was talking about Final Mix+. I didn't play FM, but Critical Mode in FM+ is typically agreed to be easier than Proud Mode.

Anyone played XCOM 2 and the DLC? Any thoughts on the Reinforcement Pack or War of the Chosen? Thanks.
It runs OK and has moderate load times under the guise that it's turn based and doesn't affect gameplay. Performance is generally below pc as well as its a CPU intensive game. It still might be the best game of it's kind and wotc makes it substantially better. It's incredibly addictive once you start playing if you like the gameplay.

I'm thinking of waiting until Tuesday 12:05 AM Pacific time to use my 20% off code on Far Cry 5's Gold Edition. I wonder if its a good idea :)
That's what I did with Ni No Kuni 2 lol ... I would have used it on Far Cry 5, but I already pre-ordered it as part of that spend $100, get $15 back deal from last month.

If video games are truly ART, then the developers should put in a incredibly easy difficulty with invincibility and super strength just so we can all see the story and what they were aiming to achieve. Imagine reading a book and halfway through, the words are instead in cryptograms, a movie which suddenly is in the ǃXóõ language, etc. Those things are art and can be enjoyed by all.

You crafted a world and have a story to tell? Give me a laidback story mode where I don't have to GIT GUD.
Art has never had the prerequiste of being easily understood, so your premise is incorrect from the getgo.

A brief PSA, buy Alienation.  It is fantastic and has been my obsession this weekend.  Highly recommended.  I enjoy the stat upgrades, gun variety, controls, graphics, random players popping in to finish missions with me.  It's pretty much perfect as twin stick shooters go.

A brief PSA, buy Alienation. It is fantastic and has been my obsession this weekend. Highly recommended. I enjoy the stat upgrades, gun variety, controls, graphics, random players popping in to finish missions with me. It's pretty much perfect as twin stick shooters go.
That was in my maybe column, I will now purchase it.

Ended up using my 20% off on Persona 4 Golden and Civ Rev 2 Plus for my newly purchased VIta. Came out to around $10.40.

A brief PSA, buy Alienation. It is fantastic and has been my obsession this weekend. Highly recommended. I enjoy the stat upgrades, gun variety, controls, graphics, random players popping in to finish missions with me. It's pretty much perfect as twin stick shooters go.
It is good but quickly loses its appeal after you beat it. Can't really remember much from playing it but I think it lasted me a couple weeks before I dropped it. Definitely fun, but I'd say Dead Nation was better IMO.

I talked myself out of it about a month ago, but every time WWE 2K18 goes on sale, it's awfully tempting. I have done my research and heard from others that it has a lot of issues, but I've also read a lot of good about it. Plus with 20% off, it wouldn't be too big a loss if it does turn out to be hot garbage...right? Gah, I'm so indecisive. I'm basically looking for a new "side" game, because I'm burnt out on Diablo 3 again.

WWE 2K18 looks like trash and the career mode looks worse than usual. Pick up Fire Pro Wrestling on Steam or just watch a bunch of Botchamanias or OSW Review videos before putting yourself through that torture.

How is everybody’s golf?
I thought the single player was a boring grind but I really didn't put a lot of time into it. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two entries.

Speaking of which, is this the time I use that 20% off code and finally buy that HSG Vita DLC? At least I don't have to worry about the clubs and balls DLC since the online is dead, just the courses and characters.

I also found Everybody's Golf on PS4 not anywhere near as good as the last Vita game. I got bored pretty quickly and the graphics didn't do it for me at all (the courses look alright at least). Honestly it's worth about $5-$10. Just wasn't as much fun single player.

I also found Everybody's Golf on PS4 not anywhere near as good as the last Vita game. I got bored pretty quickly and the graphics didn't do it for me at all (the courses look alright at least). Honestly it's worth about $5-$10. Just wasn't as much fun single player.
Same experience here. I image that it will be that price fairly soon (or ps+ even)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back