PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Grow Home was fantastic and had no issue with the controls. They use a unique climbing mechanic which is fundamental to how to play the game and took me all of five minutes to get accustomed to. It's also not a one to two hour game unless you were speed running it and knew exactly where to go and did no exploring. It took me around five hours to finish with about 80% of the crystals and another hour or so of cleanup post game to get 100%.

Yeah, I can see why the controls would rub some the wrong way, but I enjoyed Grow Home a lot and the climbing controls were a big part of that.

Started up The Taken King and it's crazy seeing the Taken infesting patrol missions on other planets where you see these giant black spheres flying across the map. Helped kill this named Taken boss-level dude and now there are Taken all over. At least it's not as bad as the Wolves were before the 2.0 update because I was 10 levels below the max and had to run whenever the message about them spawning appeared onscreen.

CPD8YzxUkAAvgpa.jpg

Yeah, I can see why the controls would rub some the wrong way, but I enjoyed Grow Home a lot and the climbing controls were a big part of that.

Started up The Taken King and it's crazy seeing the Taken infesting patrol missions on other planets where you see these giant black spheres flying across the map. Helped kill this named Taken boss-level dude and now there are Taken all over. At least it's not as bad as the Wolves were before the 2.0 update because I was 10 levels below the max and had to run whenever the message about them spawning appeared onscreen.

CPD8YzxUkAAvgpa.jpg
This is Venus, ya? I started from scratch and I see them everywhere. Mother Russia is littered with the taken right now...gotta take care of this, as soon as I reach home after work.

This is Venus, ya? I started from scratch and I see them everywhere. Mother Russia is littered with the taken right now...gotta take care of this, as soon as I reach home after work.
Yeah. I wanted to do some bounty stuff quickly on Venus and everything was normal as usual until I see the Revive notification a bunch along with those as I turned around in that direction.

Well like I said, I think Grow Home could have been a really fun little game and the climbing mechanic would have been fine if he wasn't constantly losing his grip due to one of many slight automatic camera shifts that changed the direction you had to have him facing for his hands to "latch on" to the surface you were climbing. Plus the way he walked in general was intentionally clunky, which just made everything more of a hassle. Yes the game was short; but that doesn't make it any more bearable when it has the horrible controls that it had. If that doesn't bother some people then that's fine, I can respect that; but most people I've talked to agree that just getting through to the "end" is a pain enough. I figured I would go ahead and 100% it since I had already gotten most of the crystals and data bank items before I delivered the first seed. Like I said, getting all the crystals pretty much eliminates the control issues but unfortunately that's only going to be for a relatively short span of play.

I voted for the game because it looked like something that would be relaxing to play and fun to explore. And it would have been for me if not for it feeling like a constant war with the controls the entire game, like I said earlier. It felt like a sloppy controlling NES game except that it was intentional and while that was somewhat acceptable back in the 80's where you half expected controls to be part of the challenge, it's completely unacceptable 30 years later imo.

Are the Taken harder than the Wolves? What level do you need to be?
The Taken are a new race, so they have lower level grunts at about 11 on Venus and the boss-style dude had a yellow triangle icon next to his name to tell you not to fuck with him. There was somebody at 40 fighting him and constantly dying.

The Wolves were just max-level enemies that randomly spawned, so you can probably do fine with the grunts. I haven't seen enough of them to know how pervasive they are just yet, as I know one path on Earth where one of the Wolves usually spawned that would make it impossible to get to that area where the tank special event would happen without riding your sparrow. It was a fucked up scenario due to that.

Is the Drive Club ps+ ver  + season pass for 19.99 the full game +season pass

The Taken are a new race, so they have lower level grunts at about 11 on Venus and the boss-style dude had a yellow triangle icon next to his name to tell you not to fuck with him. There was somebody at 40 fighting him and constantly dying.

The Wolves were just max-level enemies that randomly spawned, so you can probably do fine with the grunts. I haven't seen enough of them to know how pervasive they are just yet, as I know one path on Earth where one of the Wolves usually spawned that would make it impossible to get to that area where the tank special event would happen without riding your sparrow. It was a fucked up scenario due to that.
Are raids the best way to level up? I'm only 25 right now 😒

I got a prompt at the tower to use something and insta lvl up to 25. I said screw you, I paid $50 for this, I aint taking short cuts. I paid for the content and the grind, fucker :)

BL2 for Vita for $10 a good price? Loved the original and would be nice to play on the road...
Yes as long as this isn't your first time playing BL2. So far I've cleared a normal difficulty playthrough on Vita, and while it is playable, the experience is not nearly as good as it is on console or pc.

Didn't know there were so many Destiny players. Frisky and Kurishia, will you be my PSN friend?

All this Destiny talk makes me want to pick it up.   I played the Beta and loved it, but didn't/don't have enough time to justify a primarily MP game.   Still, I want it.

If you don't have the time...do NOT do it.

Time sink hardcore
I'm not sure that it's nearly the time sink it once was, but it is still time consuming if you want to play at the highest levels. I think someone less hardcore could play and enjoy it well enough without dumping tons of time into it. Seeing how fast the leveling is going now, makes it fairly easy to get to 40. I realize that the light leveling may still be somewhat slower, but it definitely seems more manageable.

Also, if you enjoy PvP, it's much easier to enjoy at lower levels than activities like raids.

Yes as long as this isn't your first time playing BL2. So far I've cleared a normal difficulty playthrough on Vita, and while it is playable, the experience is not nearly as good as it is on console or pc.
I don't think people's expectations are realistic. It's a handheld game... of course it's going to be inferior to the console versions! Did nobody here grow up with an original black and white Game Boy or a Game Gear?

I don't think people's expectations are realistic. It's a handheld game... of course it's going to be inferior to the console versions! Did nobody here grow up with an original black and white Game Boy or a Game Gear?
Doesn't change the fact its the worst version of it, as he said.

I for one wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Awful frame rate and the detail is scaled down tremendously, all around it is just a poor effort.

Doesn't change the fact its the worst version of it, as he said.

I for one wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Awful frame rate and the detail is scaled down tremendously, all around it is just a poor effort.
Yes, but it's portable.

Feh, what do I expect from today's gamers? They're buying definitive editions of games they already have just for better frame rates. If you want to see a truly compromised portable experience, fire up Mortal Kombat for the Game Boy. That's the crap we had to put up with in the 1990s. Also, my lawn, get off it.

I did, but I also played FFX on both systems and didn't think there was that much of a difference. The gap has been closing for a while.

I never played the other versions, but for the couple of hours that I played the Vita version so far, I didn't think there was anything graphics-wise that would be considered especially subpar for a PS3 game. Not great, sure, but not terrible.

Yes, but it's portable.

Feh, what do I expect from today's gamers? They're buying definitive editions of games they already have just for better frame rates. If you want to see a truly compromised portable experience, fire up Mortal Kombat for the Game Boy. That's the crap we had to put up with in the 1990s. Also, my lawn, get off it.
That's my camp as well. It's a portable device and i can play borderllands on it. That's awesome.

My first handhelds were a palm sized casio calculator with a single line text output, and the classic mattel football game.

Mattel-Football.jpg

For those that never saw one, the display used dashes (-) as players and it's a grid display, not fluid motion.

Now I have portable Borderlands. Oh no, it drops to 20fps sometimes and doesn't have as many enemies as a console version! boo fucking hoo. People can complain all they want but i am busy happily playing games like BLs on my vita.

That's my camp as well. It's a portable device and i can play borderllands on it. That's awesome.

My first handhelds were a palm sized casio calculator with a single line text output, and the classic mattel football game.

Mattel-Football.jpg

For those that never saw one, the display used dashes (-) as players and it's a grid display, not fluid motion.

Now I have portable Borderlands. Oh no, it drops to 20fps sometimes and doesn't have as many enemies as a console version! boo fucking hoo. People can complain all they want but i am busy happily playing games like BLs on my vita.
I think I still have mine in storage. It was one of my first video game systems, that and the electronic pinball one.

lol I used to have those Tiger Electronics games. I don't even remember which one it was.

electronic-baseball-2jr4.jpg

Edit: I also had the motorcycle version of this thing. Thought it was broken until I finally figured out the handle was the  throttle.

tomy-tubo.jpg

The Plague of Shadows update should be live for Shovel Knight. I'm disappointed to see that you have to beat the game to try out the new campaign. Having to beat a game to play more of it is the worst.

The Plague of Shadows update should be live for Shovel Knight. I'm disappointed to see that you have to beat the game to try out the new campaign. Having to beat a game to play more of it is the worst.
If you want to skip straight to Plague of Shadows you need to go to the title screen hold the attack button and press up, up, right, down, left, left then release the attack button

https://twitter.com/yachtclubgames/status/644548212674592769

Here you go

Yes, but it's portable.

You are missing the point. I'm just pointing out that it had nothing to do with what he was saying. The fact that it is a crap game and that it is portable are mutually exclusive.

As for the gear change to the "Today's gamer" comment. It serves no relevance to the subject at hand. I know what your trying to say, you like it that's cool. I'm glad you did like it regardless of my thoughts on the port. You want to validate your opinion and defend that's fine. It's just not what I was really trying to say or in this case contest/address.

I don't want this to become a back and forth that becomes toxic so let's just leave it at that.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/17/introducing-the-limited-edition-gold-playstation-4-bundle

Taco Bell is giving away 6,000 Gold PS4 Bundles from 9/24 to 11/4 that include a Gold PS4/DS4, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, a year of PS+.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/17/the-witness-launches-on-ps4-january-26-2016/

The Witness will be out for PS4 on 1/26/16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ytwNUMdbcE

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/17/new-uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-trailer-uncharted-4-beta-dates/

The Uncharted 4 beta that comes with the Collection goes from 12/4 to 12/13. They're going to do a reveal of the MP before the beta goes live. Naughty Dog is streaming some cool moments of the games as voted by the fans in the leadup to the Collection's launch on 10/9. New trailer for the PS4 Collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lse_EyMB-4

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/17/extreme-exorcism-arrives-september-23rd-on-ps4-ps3/

Extreme Exorcism is out next Wednesday for PS4 and PS3 with Cross Buy support. It'll be $13.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/17/sound-shapes-3-year-anniversary-update-2/

The Sound Shapes sale is to celebrate the third anniversary of the game's launch. They offer some tips on how best to check out the cool levels that are made by the community.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/17/heroes-of-loot-coming-to-ps-vita-on-september-22nd/

Heroes of Loot is out next week for Vita. The devs call it a new take on the classic Gauntlet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0bNykADbQU

Heroes of Loot has my interest. It kind of reminds me of The Binding of Issac meets Mystery Dungeon. I guess it really matters how much it costs, and how much space it takes up on my cramped 16GB Vita.

Also, isn't the monthly PSN flash sale tomorrow? It seems to have the pattern of once a month the Friday after the 15th of the month. I wonder if Shovel Knight will be on sale... not that I need a 3rd copy of the game, *cough* Kratos *cough*.

Heroes of Loot looks fun. Lord knows I need something to pull me away from Binding of Isaac... so why shouldn't it be something vaguely similar!?!?

Persona 5 has been pushed to 2016:

"There's no easy way to say it, so we'll be blunt. Persona 5 will not release in 2015. The next numbered entry of the Persona franchise will now release in Japan and the Americas in 2016.

The strengths of the Persona series are compelling characters, a moving, relatable story, and a borderline obsession with minutiae - elements which can't be rushed or taken lightly. So while ATLUS realizes the frustration and disappointment that this must cause for the JRPG-loving public, please know that we are delaying the game in order to make sure the next iteration of the Persona series lives up to the expectations of fans.

Persona 5 will be released in 2016 exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 systems."

Edit: I just got an Amazon email saying they've changed their placeholder date for Kingdom Hearts III to January 2, 2017.

Heroes of Loot looks fun. Lord knows I need something to pull me away from Binding of Isaac... so why shouldn't it be something vaguely similar!?!?
Heroes of Loot is a mobile port. That said, it is a fun little game.

It's on iOS and Android for $1.99/$2.47. But if you have an Android you can try the free ad-supported version to see if you like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orangepixel.dungeonfree&hl=en

Not sure if anything has been added to the Vita version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back