PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
We're never, ever going to hear the end of this doomsayer stuff will we?

How about I spin it the other direction -- in the one, tangible case of a bought product being SO fucking absolutely terrible and broken that the CEO of the company issued a public apology for it being an unplayable mess.... they had to beg Sony to come up with a way [since none existed] to remove the game from existence. While doing so, they refunded all [insert number lower than 10] people that bought it, in full.

Oh fucking no, the sky is falling! We're all doomed! Sony is gonna steal all our digital games!

Now, you might ask -- why didn't they leave it on the servers and allow people to optionally get refunds? Here's why. We're talking about a small handful of people that bought this product, and it's a situation so rare that this is the first time a publisher/dev had to ask this of Sony for a bought product. Do you think Sony is going to spend the time creating the store and web functionality to support such
a rare case -- and all the coding and QA that would entail? Or do you think, perhaps, the easiest way to deal with the situation in this one of a kind scenario was just to refund people? [hint: refund is the only sane answer if you have ever worked in tech].

As for P.T.... nobody paid for it. Yes, it sucks. But nobody paid for it, and most likely Konami essentially had Sony over a barrel on that one.

Even if Sony went bankrupt tomorrow, PSN is a thriving online store and someone would buy it and keep it running. Will our games be here in 50 years? Well, by then, perhaps storage costs will so low it'll be easy to double backup our digital collections [I already have 200+g of vita games on my PC]. Or you know, maybe I just won't care.

I'm not saying there aren't issues with digital ownership. Of course there are. But the doom and gloom and using P.T. and AS2 to predict nightmare scenarios is straight up goofy. IOS, on the other hand, has a history of problematic digital policy. Sony, really, does not. They let us take advantage of glitches and don't ban people, they keep stuff up for permanent download, they allow cross-buy in many cases, even some surprising ones [like many PS4 upgraded games such as Journey].... and the only cases where there where any sort of issue are extreme outliers where Konami and Afro Samurai both shit the bed and needed Sony to bleach it clean.
Actually I was referring to all digtial distribution as a whole and not just Sony.

Since this was a Sony board, I directly linked it to Sony and Sony related products since it would be the best reference material

However there have been many digital movie and music companies that have gone under, leaving people SOL.
Microsoft just finally shut down all ZUNE services, so what will happen to people's libraries on the systems?

I think either Target or Walmart recently closed their digital movie service, however they did the right thing and moved all member information over the Flixster so people didn't lose their purchases.

I will admit, while I love the sales and discounts I can get digitally.. I don't put it past any company to do something behind the scenes to maximize their profits while hurting us in some way. All I was trying to say, and emphisize is that we as consumers need protection since this is a relatively new frontier.

Also I am looking at the ethical implications of Sony/Publishers/Devs being able to uninstall software on our systems. It just doesn't sit well for me on a professional or private level.

I'd almost guarantee that you'll see a lot of digital repeats of the games on sale in B&M (namely the cheap ones, so Sleeping Dogs, God Of War 3, COD Ghosts, etc) and a small mix of the other AAA titles at small discounts.

Digital games don't bug me as much. These days I can make a realistic approximation of games I would want to go back to in ten years and very little of it would pass that standard. Factor in relatively easy emulation (Just wish the fuck ing PS2 emu would run Shadow of Rome dammit.) and there is a very small list of games we are close to losing forever that we will actually miss. The old Xbox I think is the biggest culprit right now (Spikeout Battle Street, Phantom Dust, UC2, NGB.)

Digital games don't bug me as much. These days I can make a realistic approximation of games I would want to go back to in ten years and very little of it would pass that standard. Factor in relatively easy emulation (Just wish the fuck ing PS2 emu would run Shadow of Rome dammit.) and there is a very small list of games we are close to losing forever that we will actually miss. The old Xbox I think is the biggest culprit right now (Spikeout Battle Street, Phantom Dust, UC2, NGB.)
You know I actually agree.

Many modern games I really don't want to play more than once, maybe twice.. there are a few I will go back to and enjoy though.

Transformers Devestation I've done 6 times already.

I am hoping for a cheap The Last of Us: Remastered. Cheapest I think I've seen was about $12 for a download card about 8 months ago. I should've bought it then. I feel like I am the only person in the world who hasn't played that game.

So looking for a new HD and I assume you guys have more than the 500GB drive that came with the PS4. Other CAGs mentioned getting the Seagate that is going for $70 (thanks for the input!), but it seems online everyone agrees Seagate drives tend to crap out. What are you guys using?

Frisky what are you using? You must have tons and tons of stuff laying on your PS4

So looking for a new HD and I assume you guys have more than the 500GB drive that came with the PS4. Other CAGs mentioned getting the Seagate that is going for $70 (thanks for the input!), but it seems online everyone agrees Seagate drives tend to crap out. What are you guys using?

Frisky what are you using? You must have tons and tons of stuff laying on your PS4
Aren't Seagate the only ones in the 2TB range that fit?

Aren't Seagate the only ones in the 2TB range that fit?

There are 29 2GB or higher Laptop HDs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100167524%20600358494

It's a problem we'll need to face soon enough.

Afro Samurai 2 was apparently a compele crap game.... but someone may have enjoyed it or thought it was a so bad it's good game.

Well Sony and the Creators decided that.. well we're going to remove it from the store, refund everyone who bought it, and uninstall it from people's systems.

P.T. was an amazing demo, and while free... it's now forever on my PS4 since if I uninstall it, I lose access to this great an amazing little game.

This is a reality we'll have to face if we go completely digital. We have to deal with the whims of the creators who can take down access to the game without giving notice, or one day find that the game is no longer available for download since it is no longer cost effective.

The consumer needs protection. Something like a garuenteed 20-30yrs or more of access to said game digitally after it has been released.

I mean for heck sake, I still own NES, SNES, & Genesis games I can pop in and play at anytime. What is the lifespan of a cartridge or optical media? I feel the digital version of any product should be the average lifespan of those for of media.
Context is important when talking about the Afro Samurai 2 and PT situations.

The publisher of Afro Samurai 2 gave a full refund to everybody that bought it under false pretenses that it was a functioning product and that they'd get everything that was promised, which likely affects less than a thousand people if the Steam numbers are comparable to PSN and even then there are still review copies that shrink those numbers even more. There may be only a handful of people that could've enjoyed it and those people are ethically allowed to pirate the PC version should they desire to revisit it, which seems like more of a Big Rigs-type situation to me. Just looking at the trophy list on PSN, about 30% of those that played it beat it, which would only happen when there is a small sample size playing it compared to other games like that.

They gave people a heads up on this happening and did everything right that could be done to protect themselves from legal recourse. If the game was at least a fully functioning game that was just bad, I could see the issue with it being delisted from download lists, but it was obviously more than that. The only way I could see there being a scenario of people keeping the game is if they got the option of only getting a partial refund to account for only getting 1/3rd of the promised content, as getting a full refund for a game on any service typically results in the license being revoked to prevent fraud from the consumer end. There should absolutely be some consumer protection from broken products if the publisher/developer cannot in good faith fix or finish the product they've been selling.

For P.T., that's just the result of publisher changing the focus of their entire business strategy and trying to sweep the remains of this one failed project under the rug in the most slimy way possible. The game itself was a well-received game that many people loved and found to be of significant importance beyond the supposed tie to some future Silent Hill game that didn't really matter if it came to be or not. This is the sort of issue that deserves the outrage while the Afro Samurai 2 situation does not. It was also a free game, so nobody was really owed anything because at no point was money exchanged as far as NA is concerned.

The Batman: Arkham Asylum PC issue is the sort of thing is where you could be outraged if there was a forced refund and revoked license because the game still worked for some people because some set-ups were not greatly affected, though it was also a situation where the publisher made a colossal screw-up in the first place by approving its release and thinking they could get by with minimal fuss and some updates at a later time. It still seems to have issues after the re-release and like Arkham Origins, WB is content to just sell it as is with the remaining issues intact and let the consumers decide if they want to deal with it or get their money back.

Here's an idea of Big Rig's issues if you want some entertainment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDLnrp-Pbc

In addition to the other North American PlayStation Store sales this weekthat went live on Tuesday and end on December 1, Aksys Games and Idea Factory International put some of their games on sale a little later than usual, taking 50% – 80% off each.

Running from yesterday, November 25 until Monday, November 30 at 10am PT/1pm ET, here’s what else is on sale this week through thePlayStation Store:

PlayStation 4 Games

• AeternoBlade (PS4) – $7.50
  • AeternoBlade Platinum Bundle (PS4) – $10.00
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND – $15.00
  • Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN – $15.00
PlayStation 3 Games

• BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND – $12.00
  • World Hunter – $5.00
  • XBlaze Lost: Memories – $12.00
PlayStation Vita Games

• AeternoBlade Super Set Bundle – $10.00
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND – $12.00
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1 – $6.00
  • Monster Monpiece – $4.00
  • Muramasa Rebirth – $10.00
  • XBlaze Lost: Memories – $12.00
  • Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – $10.00

You can't just pick laptop drives. They have to be thinner than 9.5mm or so.
Ah, I apologize.
I was assuming they were all a standard size.

Context is important when talking about the Afro Samurai 2 and PT situations.

The publisher of Afro Samurai 2 gave a full refund to everybody that bought it under false pretenses that it was a functioning product and that they'd get everything that was promised, which likely affects less than a thousand people if the Steam numbers are comparable to PSN and even then there are still review copies that shrink those numbers even more. There may be only a handful of people that could've enjoyed it and those people are ethically allowed to pirate the PC version should they desire to revisit it, which seems like more of a Big Rigs-type situation to me. Just looking at the trophy list on PSN, about 30% of those that played it beat it, which would only happen when there is a small sample size playing it compared to other games like that.

They gave people a heads up on this happening and did everything right that could be done to protect themselves from legal recourse. If the game was at least a fully functioning game that was just bad, I could see the issue with it being delisted from download lists, but it was obviously more than that. The only way I could see there being a scenario of people keeping the game is if they got the option of only getting a partial refund to account for only getting 1/3rd of the promised content, as getting a full refund for a game on any service typically results in the license being revoked to prevent fraud from the consumer end. There should absolutely be some consumer protection from broken products if the publisher/developer cannot in good faith fix or finish the product they've been selling.

For P.T., that's just the result of publisher changing the focus of their entire business strategy and trying to sweep the remains of this one failed project under the rug in the most slimy way possible. The game itself was a well-received game that many people loved and found to be of significant importance beyond the supposed tie to some future Silent Hill game that didn't really matter if it came to be or not. This is the sort of issue that deserves the outrage while the Afro Samurai 2 situation does not. It was also a free game, so nobody was really owed anything because at no point was money exchanged as far as NA is concerned.

The Batman: Arkham Asylum PC issue is the sort of thing is where you could be outraged if there was a forced refund and revoked license because the game still worked for some people because some set-ups were not greatly affected, though it was also a situation where the publisher made a colossal screw-up in the first place by approving its release and thinking they could get by with minimal fuss and some updates at a later time. It still seems to have issues after the re-release and like Arkham Origins, WB is content to just sell it as is with the remaining issues intact and let the consumers decide if they want to deal with it or get their money back.

Here's an idea of Big Rig's issues if you want some entertainment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDLnrp-Pbc
As I said previously, I was using them as referential examples since they were the first things I could think of on Sony/PS4 but I was referring to all digital distribution on a whole.
This includes movies, music, and video games.

Such as I pointed out, there have been many services that have gone down over the years leaving people SOL.

Where in contrast, Target closed down their service but transferred all their accounts to CinemaNow so that people would still have access to purchased content.

As for Arkham, didn't they have to refund people again since it is still Broken?

Also, yea.. I know about Big Rigs and WarZ (Infection?)

In the case of Afro Samurai, I was looking at it from an Information Assurance/Network Administration professional. To me it looks like unauthorized access and removal of data from a private system. However it could easily been pointed out that such transactions may have been authorized in the EULA and the removal from system is a revocation of rights to the software.

I do fully appreciate how cordially they went about it, and made sure everyone did get refund for the game.

I feel especially bad for people who played Afro Samurai 2 and only got some of the achievements before it was pulled. Seeing that un-completable game in my trophy list would annoy me to no end.

Actually I was referring to all digtial distribution as a whole and not just Sony.

Since this was a Sony board, I directly linked it to Sony and Sony related products since it would be the best reference material

However there have been many digital movie and music companies that have gone under, leaving people SOL.
Microsoft just finally shut down all ZUNE services, so what will happen to people's libraries on the systems?
All new digital storefronts are high risk. This includes music stores, game stores, whatever.... PSMobile is even a solid example. If the sales do not support the store front and supporting infrastructure, yes, the store will absolutely go under [and most likely pretty quickly, a couple years at most] and everything will be lost.

But PSN is a thriving storefront. Not only is it selling software for the hottest console this gen, it's got a massive back catalog of true classics that continue to sell well to this day. It's not going to up and close shop anytime soon -- and in fact, the back catalog is so compelling that as I mentioned before, evne if Sony went bellyup it's likely profitable for a company to buy it up and continue selling just the back catalog.

It's the difference between buying a 'lifetime warranty' from Best Buy vs. the guy with a trenchcoat on a street. Sure, the guy with the trenchcoat might not be there tomorrow.... and sure, Best Buy could eventually go out of business [Circuit City sure did]... but in general? You're fairly safe buying a warranty from BB if you want to, as it's borderline crazy to worry if BB will support a lifetime warranty on a 2015 model tv in 2065. Likewise, it's not worth worrying about whether or not you can access some $10 or $20 game off PSN in thirty years.

I can tell you from experience -- I had most of my physical games from when I was a kid in the 80s. Great, right? Except who the fuck has a working Apple II today set up in their home? Or let's take PC games -- even if you had an ancient PC capable of reading 5.25 floppies, what's the best way to play old PC games? GOG. That's right -- digital copies that have been modded to work with modern PCs beat the living pants off of having physical.

The only thing my stack of old Apple games was good for was selling [for a small fortune] on ebay to collectors. They're happy, I'm happy.

Is there a chance that PSN goes down? Sure, of course. But far more likely is that if I want to play ps1/2/4/5 games in 2050, I'll just be buying them digitally on my PS9 and get to play them with a modern controller with modern conveniences. That's far more likely than digging out a dusty old PS2, finding some ancient tv that has the right cable hookups, and setting up a place to play my beloved stack of magic coasters.

Oh, the irony that digital is the best way to archive our games [from the conveniences of sites like GOG through the removal of hardware hookup issues, etc] makes this whole debate even more silly.

All new digital storefronts are high risk. This includes music stores, game stores, whatever.... PSMobile is even a solid example. If the sales do not support the store front and supporting infrastructure, yes, the store will absolutely go under [and most likely pretty quickly, a couple years at most] and everything will be lost.

But PSN is a thriving storefront. Not only is it selling software for the hottest console this gen, it's got a massive back catalog of true classics that continue to sell well to this day. It's not going to up and close shop anytime soon -- and in fact, the back catalog is so compelling that as I mentioned before, evne if Sony went bellyup it's likely profitable for a company to buy it up and continue selling just the back catalog.

It's the difference between buying a 'lifetime warranty' from Best Buy vs. the guy with a trenchcoat on a street. Sure, the guy with the trenchcoat might not be there tomorrow.... and sure, Best Buy could eventually go out of business [Circuit City sure did]... but in general? You're fairly safe buying a warranty from BB if you want to, as it's borderline crazy to worry if BB will support a lifetime warranty on a 2015 model tv in 2065. Likewise, it's not worth worrying about whether or not you can access some $10 or $20 game off PSN in thirty years.

I can tell you from experience -- I had most of my physical games from when I was a kid in the 80s. Great, right? Except who the fuck has a working Apple II today set up in their home? Or let's take PC games -- even if you had an ancient PC capable of reading 5.25 floppies, what's the best way to play old PC games? GOG. That's right -- digital copies that have been modded to work with modern PCs beat the living pants off of having physical. Oh, the irony that digital is the best way to archive our games makes this whole debate even more silly.

The only thing my stack of old Apple games was good for was selling [for a small fortune] on ebay to collectors. They're happy, I'm happy.

Is there a chance that PSN goes down? Sure, of course. But far more likely is that if I want to play ps1/2/4/5 games in 2050, I'll just be buying them digitally on my PS9 and get to play them with a modern controller with modern conveniences. That's far more likely than digging out a dusty old PS2 so I can play my stack of plastic coasters, finding some ancient tv that has the right cable hookups, and setting up a place to play them in my house.
Aye, I have looked at it from many angles.
Honestly, I hope if I have a digital version of a PS4 game, that the PS7 will detect that and let me download/play it without much trouble.

I never said I was fully against digital, just that it has pros, cons, and since it's a relatively new frontier we don't know the full consequences or have laws in place for such services yet.

Oh, I must say I love your Apple analogy! I have a Commedor 64/128 kicking around her some where.. I wonder if the discs still have a megnatic charge even.

Some new sale items are going up, though I'm still not sure that this is a flash sale much like the other games yesterday. I might make a thread and fold it back in should that be the case.

scoring zero escape finally come morrow nite they r quite hidden u have manual search them from webstore
You realize PSLifestyle got that list from me/this thread, right?

Aye, I have looked at it from many angles.
Honestly, I hope if I have a digital version of a PS4 game, that the PS7 will detect that and let me download/play it without much trouble.

I never said I was fully against digital, just that it has pros, cons, and since it's a relatively new frontier we don't know the full consequences or have laws in place for such services yet.

Oh, I must say I love your Apple analogy! I have a Commedor 64/128 kicking around her some where.. I wonder if the discs still have a megnatic charge even.
My buddy had a C64 with the tapedrive. We'd put a game in, then go make Oodles of Noodles while we waited for it to load. Odds are, if I had to guess, those tapes don't work. I know some disks do? Not all?

That said, if you still have the boxes you could sell them as-is if you wanted. That's how I sold my Apple II+/e/gs games .... 'I have no way of testing these disks'. Didn't stop some, like early Ultimas, selling for over $400.

But yes, I agree, we don't know what the digital future holds. Honestly, though? If I lost my digital collection today i'd probably breath a sigh of release as all my backlog stress would disappear, lol.

I feel especially bad for people who played Afro Samurai 2 and only got some of the achievements before it was pulled. Seeing that un-completable game in my trophy list would annoy me to no end.
Sony is the one with the kill switch. I believe this is the same as PT where as long as you have it downloaded you can play and get the trophies. However this is really the first time I've every seen this in a post throphy psn. What is the procedure Sony is to follow? Do they owe it to us to tell us when a publisher pulls out? Can they really pull a kill switch?

I remember when people found out about the kill switch in android and iOS, there was outrage. Both companies said it should never be used unless they screw up so bad at vetting their app stores.

This is relatively new territory we haven't had many examples of, I am quiet curious how things will play out.

Are you serious!?! Wow, the prices are way too high and these are games that were recently on sale. My jaw has literally dropped.

I hyped up a sale that was never going to happen. It's all on me there.
Sony never has good deals on BF. They only have good deals on "Golden Week" which is some Japanese holiday.

i don't normally complain about sales, but [so far] this one seems pretty rough.   All $7.50 games should be more like $5... I'm pretty sure i passed on some of these prices previously... and while not every sale needs to be 'better' than the last, I'd have hoped BF sales would force me to spend $50 and instead I'm not convinced I need to spend anything.

What other vita games are a good buy right now.

Thinking of getting

neptunia 1-rebirth($6)

Persona 4($9)

The order($10)

monster monopiece($4)

BlazeRush($2.50)

Anybody know if there's any conflicts using the $15 off code (from buying $100 earlier this month) and the 10% off code currently running for everyone on the same order?

You'd be checking for the next 24 hours. Good luck.
Frisky has never been so wrong! ;)

Really meh sale for me. Just bought Neptunia 3 so that's out. Axiom Verge is definitely in. Nova-111 looks kind of interesting but have to look at it more. Unwritten Tales 2 seems a bit too expensive still.

Anybody know if there's any conflicts using the $15 off code (from buying $100 earlier this month) and the 10% off code currently running for everyone on the same order?
That's not a discount code, that's $15 in PSN credit that you need to add to your account ASAP because it expires 12/15.

The $15 from the promotion is just store credit like any of the pre-paid cards. You can just spend it like any other credit you have on the PS Store, but it will expire in the next few weeks if you don't redeem it soon. The 10% Off code is an actual discount code, so it works like a discount code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back