PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
With the announcement of PS4 playing PS2 games, I really do hope it's a wrapper so I can put any disc in.
Just like I could with PS1 and PS2 games on PS3 (Before the PS2 BC was removed, PS1 still works)

Hopefully the digital purchases become playable on the PS4 much like how PS1 games work on PS3/PSP/VITA.

Ah, I apologize.
I was assuming they were all a standard size.

As I said previously, I was using them as referential examples since they were the first things I could think of on Sony/PS4 but I was referring to all digital distribution on a whole.
This includes movies, music, and video games.

Such as I pointed out, there have been many services that have gone down over the years leaving people SOL.

Where in contrast, Target closed down their service but transferred all their accounts to CinemaNow so that people would still have access to purchased content.

As for Arkham, didn't they have to refund people again since it is still Broken?

Also, yea.. I know about Big Rigs and WarZ (Infection?)

In the case of Afro Samurai, I was looking at it from an Information Assurance/Network Administration professional. To me it looks like unauthorized access and removal of data from a private system. However it could easily been pointed out that such transactions may have been authorized in the EULA and the removal from system is a revocation of rights to the software.

I do fully appreciate how cordially they went about it, and made sure everyone did get refund for the game.
Do you want to discuss hypothetical examples of the slippery slope stuff you're worried about or the actual examples we have right in front of us? I'm not interested in the former, but I'll happily discuss the latter.

I did mention that WB has basically decided to forgo fixing whatever other issues are left in Batman: Arkham Knight and let the players decide whether they wanted to deal with the issues and keep the game or get their money back.

The WarZ is such a crazy thing. The devs released the game that was pulled because they lied about what was in the game along with it being such a bad and blatant clone of DayZ that they ended up having it pulled and came back under a new name to dodge the bad reviews, which I see Metacritic made sure got tied to the game's new name. The Wiki says it still managed to sell 2.8 million anyway, so the developers got rich off of it anyway. It also mentions that the executive producer for that game was also the lead on Big Rigs, which is amazing.

I know Alex Navarro (Giant Bomb) has said before that he had an appointment at E3 or some other show to see a game from the same team that made Big Rigs, which he has no ill will towards after his legendary review went live. They didn't know that he was specifically part of that appointment and when they realized that fact, they immediately cancelled the appointment to dodge him like they were legitimately afraid of him. That says a lot about their mentality about the press that are just doing their jobs when reviewing games.

As for Afro Samurai 2, I don't really agree with that at all. They're essentially forcing all of the buyers to accept a refund/return of the game whether they want to do that or not, which I'd imagine most would rather have the money back than nothing at all if they were to just skip town with the thousands of dollars they probably got in sales ($45 x 1200 to 1800 sales). At the end of the day, it's a zero sum solution where both sides get out with minimal losses besides the publisher and developers' negative reputation that comes with it.

Sony is the one with the kill switch. I believe this is the same as PT where as long as you have it downloaded you can play and get the trophies. However this is really the first time I've every seen this in a post throphy psn. What is the procedure Sony is to follow? Do they owe it to us to tell us when a publisher pulls out? Can they really pull a kill switch?

I remember when people found out about the kill switch in android and iOS, there was outrage. Both companies said it should never be used unless they screw up so bad at vetting their app stores.

This is relatively new territory we haven't had many examples of, I am quiet curious how things will play out.
Every platform has a kill switch for games in the worst states or legal issues that might arise and need some sort of delisting depending on the situation at hand, but they've been around for as long as digital marketplaces have been around.

I remember downloading the Japanese RE5 demo off of Xbox Live with a legit Japanese XBL account, but Microsoft did not like that smart people got around their region/account locking plans and remotely disable the demo from working for non-Japanese IPs a few days later. At the end of the day, it was still a demo and marketing tool that did not need such drastic measures because it only added to the fervor that surrounded that game after the huge success of RE4.

The scarier thing is with iOS and Android, where not only can Apple and Google remotely disable games, but developers have the same ability through the updates. I had an iPod Touch about four years ago with quite a few games that I purchased, but I refused to upgrade to newer devices after future update support for my Touch was killed off after the big folder/Game Center update where Apple deemed my Touch unfit to handle custom wallpaper but folders and achievements were doable. Moving on, I had two games specifically (W.E.L.D.E.R. and a Diner Dash game) that I purchased and owned that received updates that disabled my ability to play them.

W.E.L.D.E.R. was a case that the developers updated it to take advantage of newer hardware that my Touch couldn't handle and nowhere in the update notes was there a warning about that, so it crashed every single time I started it up. I couldn't revert to an older file to get back a playable version of the game, as Apple couldn't care less to allow stragglers like me to continue not buying the new hardware. I asked the developers on Twitter about this issue and they had no help to offer for me.

The Diner Dash game received a new update that changed it from a functioning game to a simple screen that basically said "Go buy our newest Diner Dash game!" and that was it for that game. With mobile gaming being in the Wild West stage at that point where there were so many avenues for developers to try to make money that anything was possible and usually, somebody has tried it by now. These two examples are why I don't spend my money on mobile games anymore and as an Android user, I use the free credit from the Google Opinion Survey app to buy anything that interests me, which is still few and far between when I don't play the games much to be worth it.

Do you want to discuss hypothetical examples of the slippery slope stuff you're worried about or the actual examples we have right in front of us? I'm not interested in the former, but I'll happily discuss the latter.

I did mention that WB has basically decided to forgo fixing whatever other issues are left in Batman: Arkham Knight and let the players decide whether they wanted to deal with the issues and keep the game or get their money back.

The WarZ is such a crazy thing. The devs released the game that was pulled because they lied about what was in the game along with it being such a bad and blatant clone of DayZ that they ended up having it pulled and came back under a new name to dodge the bad reviews, which I see Metacritic made sure got tied to the game's new name. The Wiki says it still managed to sell 2.8 million anyway, so the developers got rich off of it anyway. It also mentions that the executive producer for that game was also the lead on Big Rigs, which is amazing.

I know Alex Navarro (Giant Bomb) has said before that he had an appointment at E3 or some other show to see a game from the same team that made Big Rigs, which he has no ill will towards after his legendary review went live. They didn't know that he was specifically part of that appointment and when they realized that fact, they immediately cancelled the appointment to dodge him like they were legitimately afraid of him. That says a lot about their mentality about the press that are just doing their jobs when reviewing games.

As for Afro Samurai 2, I don't really agree with that at all. They're essentially forcing all of the buyers to accept a refund/return of the game whether they want to do that or not, which I'd imagine most would rather have the money back than nothing at all if they were to just skip town with the thousands of dollars they probably got in sales ($45 x 1200 to 1800 sales). At the end of the day, it's a zero sum solution where both sides get out with minimal losses besides the publisher and developers' negative reputation that comes with it.

Every platform has a kill switch for games in the worst states or legal issues that might arise and need some sort of delisting depending on the situation at hand, but they've been around for as long as digital marketplaces have been around.

I remember downloading the Japanese RE5 demo off of Xbox Live with a legit Japanese XBL account, but Microsoft did not like that smart people got around their region/account locking plans and remotely disable the demo from working for non-Japanese IPs a few days later. At the end of the day, it was still a demo and marketing tool that did not need such drastic measures because it only added to the fervor that surrounded that game after the huge success of RE4.

The scarier thing is with iOS and Android, where not only can Apple and Google remotely disable games, but developers have the same ability through the updates. I had an iPod Touch about four years ago with quite a few games that I purchased, but I refused to upgrade to newer devices after future update support for my Touch was killed off after the big folder/Game Center update where Apple deemed my Touch unfit to handle custom wallpaper but folders and achievements were doable. Moving on, I had two games specifically (W.E.L.D.E.R. and a Diner Dash game) that I purchased and owned that received updates that disabled my ability to play them.

W.E.L.D.E.R. was a case that the developers updated it to take advantage of newer hardware that my Touch couldn't handle and nowhere in the update notes was there a warning about that, so it crashed every single time I started it up. I couldn't revert to an older file to get back a playable version of the game, as Apple couldn't care less to allow stragglers like me to continue not buying the new hardware. I asked the developers on Twitter about this issue and they had no help to offer for me.

The Diner Dash game received a new update that changed it from a functioning game to a simple screen that basically said "Go buy our newest Diner Dash game!" and that was it for that game. With mobile gaming being in the Wild West stage at that point where there were so many avenues for developers to try to make money that anything was possible and usually, somebody has tried it by now. These two examples are why I don't spend my money on mobile games anymore and as an Android user, I use the free credit from the Google Opinion Survey app to buy anything that interests me, which is still few and far between when I don't play the games much to be worth it.
Thank you for all of this it was quite informative.

I actually fully agree with your sentiments on Afro Samurai 2. They should have given a choice if we people wanted to keep the game or not, but I respect the fact they were open and forward with the public about what they were doing and why.

You hit exactly why I brought up WarZ on the head, due to it's controversy, removal, and relation to Big Rigs.

The later things you mentioned about Apple/Google is why I feel we as consumers need some sort of buyers protection on all digital purchases. I've heard similar stories about Square-Enix produced tablet games like Dragon's Quest and Final Fantasy.

See, these are the conversations and tidbits of knowledge I love reading and learning about.

What's the difference between the two?

Wasn't this just released?
Lost Song was just released Hallow Fragment was originally vita but redone for PS4.

Set in two different games (seasons)

Hallow Fragment is set in season one of the actual game Sword Art Online

Lost song is set in season two (?) in some flying elf world. (which is the new one)

Lost Song was just released Hallow Fragment was originally vita but redone for PS4.

Set in two different games (seasons)

Hallow Fragment is set in season one of the actual game Sword Art Online

Lost song is set in season two (?) in some flying elf world. (which is the new one)
Interesting, thank you!

I really enjoyed the series (and has caused endless annoyance with my roommate)

Thank you for all of this it was quite informative.

I actually fully agree with your sentiments on Afro Samurai 2. They should have given a choice if we people wanted to keep the game or not, but I respect the fact they were open and forward with the public about what they were doing and why.

You hit exactly why I brought up WarZ on the head, due to it's controversy, removal, and relation to Big Rigs.

The later things you mentioned about Apple/Google is why I feel we as consumers need some sort of buyers protection on all digital purchases. I've heard similar stories about Square-Enix produced tablet games like Dragon's Quest and Final Fantasy.

See, these are the conversations and tidbits of knowledge I love reading and learning about.
Yeah, the mobile space is the scariest area for the "ownership" concerns of some people because the public at large just considers mobile gaming popcorn entertainment where they are fine with just throwing away the games they pay for because they're either free or just a few bucks and are letting Apple, Google, and developers do whatever they want with little to no push back. I want to say the very early days of iOS gaming were such that if you deleted the game, you had to buy the game again to be able to replay it, though I could be thinking of music on iTunes.

That people want Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to copy the mobile space's yearly upgraded model structure is what worries me about the future of consoles.

Yeah, the mobile space is the scariest area for the "ownership" concerns of some people because the public at large just considers mobile gaming popcorn entertainment where they are fine with just throwing away the games they pay for because they're either free or just a few bucks and are letting Apple, Google, and developers do whatever they want with little to no push back. I want to say the very early days of iOS gaming were such that if you deleted the game, you had to buy the game again to be able to replay it, though I could be thinking of music on iTunes.

That people want Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to copy the mobile space's yearly upgraded model structure is what worries me about the future of consoles.
I swear consoles have actually told such concerns to screw off recently, or I may have been reading it wrong...

It was when someone told Sony or Msoft they needed to adopt a similar structure and the console manufacturers said it wouldn't work.

Don't quote me, because I'm probably remebering it wrong.

Is Godzilla that bad?
Yes, it really is. I played quite a bit of it around release, completing the God of Destruction mode and also King of Kaiju, and tried one online match. The videos linked would probably do better in explaining why but it was bad and one of those situations where I really felt that some of the people were trying to justify their $60 purchase, even for the people who really really like Godzilla.

The problem is that while most people think of the free and cheap games on mobile, I play a good amount of more "hardcore" games (RPGs, rogue likes, PC ports, shmups, etc.) on mobile that are not always cheap. And there have been some scares lately with content removed from the App Store and no longer available for download. Most of those situations were resolved after public outcry, but there's not much to prevent it from occurring in the future. And someday it certainly could affect console gaming as well.

So do the discount only work on one game or the whole cart also do guys think they'll add more games tomorrow or that's it.

The problem is that while most people think of the free and cheap games on mobile, I play a good amount of more "hardcore" games (RPGs, rogue likes, PC ports, shmups, etc.) on mobile that are not always cheap. And there have been some scares lately with content removed from the App Store and no longer available for download. Most of those situations were resolved after public outcry, but there's not much to prevent it from occurring in the future. And someday it certainly could affect console gaming as well.
I still don't trust the mobile market and while I own a phone, and a tablet.. I own nothing on them except base software.
I had an Ipod Touch since 2008 where I got it as a gift for myself from my first real job.

I got rid of it a year or two ago because nothing was working on it anymoe. I couldn't use it for anything except maybe my digital movie library?

Awesome thanks, might just pick up Witcher 3 on psn with BB then instead of amazon after I see there deal tomorrow. Thanks.

Picked up Axiom verge and the Order. Can't remember which CAG kept asking about Axiom verge, hope he/she picked it up too. I'm sure frisky will miss being asked each week.

Picked up Axiom verge and the Order. Can't remember which CAG kept asking about Axiom verge, hope he/she picked it up too. I'm sure frisky will miss being asked each week.
Is it wrong that I kind of hope that they miss the flash sale and then roll in here on Monday and ask about it?

With the announcement of PS4 playing PS2 games, I really do hope it's a wrapper so I can put any disc in.
Just like I could with PS1 and PS2 games on PS3 (Before the PS2 BC was removed, PS1 still works)

Hopefully the digital purchases become playable on the PS4 much like how PS1 games work on PS3/PSP/VITA.
I read somewhere that said the only ps2 games that would work are the ones from the store which sucks

I was just thinking, since I used my 20% code earlier on the Ac: Syndicate Special Edition, I probably should've just added The Witcher to my order, and I would have gotten it for the same price as the physical copy I got from Best Buy, and I could have just returned the disc to the store as well for no difference.

Bought Witcher 3 and Handsome Collection with 10% coupon, ironically I rebought Witcher 3 from Best Buy this week but I'll give it as a (opened) xmas gift to my brother in law, since its a game that will probably take me 3-4 months to finish rather just own it digitally.

Yep because it's not BC, it's emulation.
I'm pretty sure PS1 discs on the PS3 were also Emulation

The fact it works on the console still makes it a form of BC though.

We also don't know how this will work yet, no details are fully revealed.

With the power of the PS4, we may be able to emulate PS2 games in real time/off disc.

It's on the Sony Webstore

Here's the code if you want it.

attachicon.gif
SonyDIscount.jpg

attachicon.gif
sonycodepage.png

Anyone know if THIS is legit?

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/playstation-store-20-off-discount-code/

Like what are the limitations?
Those are the 20% off coupons that come with a new PS4 (at least my Uncharted bundle had one). You can only ever use 1 on your PSN account, so don't get one if you've used them before. You must use them from your PS4 console, not the web store. Otherwise, they are legit, you save 20% off your whole PSN purchase. I just used mine today to save $21.

Where did this 10% code nonsense come from? i can't seem to find anything in my email about it.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/26/black-friday-deals-on-aaa-titles-blockbuster-movies-and-more/

"And don’t forget, our 10% Storewide Coupon can be combined with all PS Store sales and offers throughout their promotion windows.

Redeem code FH24P5BDR6 at checkout to receive a 10 percent discount on one total cart purchase. But don’t wait too long – all qualifying purchases must be made by December 1, 2015."

It didn't originate from this post, but it's an official thing from the webstore and blog.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/26/black-friday-deals-on-aaa-titles-blockbuster-movies-and-more/

"And don’t forget, our 10% Storewide Coupon can be combined with all PS Store sales and offers throughout their promotion windows.

Redeem code FH24P5BDR6 at checkout to receive a 10 percent discount on one total cart purchase. But don’t wait too long – all qualifying purchases must be made by December 1, 2015."

It didn't originate from this post, but it's an official thing from the webstore and blog.
So I'm guessing its a one time deal?

Can someone explain how gamesharing on the ps4 differs from gamesharing on the ps3? Just got my ps4 so I'm new to all the features.
Loving it so far, but the game sharing part is confusing.

Can someone explain how gamesharing on the ps4 differs from gamesharing on the ps3? Just got my ps4 so I'm new to all the features.
Loving it so far, but the game sharing part is confusing.
It's the same as Xbox 360/One, where there's a Primary PS4 attached to your account and a Non-Primary PS4 that has to be online on PSN to access your games. The Primary system can play the game with any account of the device that is the one you have attached to your friend's PS4 and your own system is the one that has to stay online. You'd be better off exploring the finer details in the Gamesharing thread in the PS4/PS3 forum since they're more versed in it than most people in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back