PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Played Stories: The Path of Destinies, which is a really good action RPG with a choose-your-own-adventure way of telling its story. The combat takes a lot of inspiration from the Batman: Arkham games with an emphasis on combos, crowd control, and counters with a bit more mobility to it with the dash move you have to get out of bad situations. You gain experience from specific larger fights and when you level up, you get a skill point to spend to expand your abilities (dash, counter, combos, etc) or improve a few stats (health, speed, etc). There's a crafting element as you collect a few different types of crafting components that let you upgrade your current sword or made a new elemental sword, which so far seems like more of a way to gate certain paths in each area for later playthroughs since you have SotN-style colored doors that require certain swords to open them. It definitely feels like they will reuse the areas I've been through for future stories should I pick the right choices to get there.

The story is told in through a storybook and Bastion-style narration that isn't as in-depth as what was in Bastion. After you complete the first part of the story introducing the main character, you're presented with two potential paths to take the story in and that shapes how the rest of it goes. It doesn't feel unnatural in the way it unfolds, as they've done a good job weaving in your previous choices into how they frame your next options. Once you finish the first story, it reveals to you that you've uncovered one potential scenario that may or may not have a good or bad ending and that it's necessary to go through a few more to find an optimal way to save the universe. It looked like there were about ~25 stories you could go through, so there should be plenty of variety in stories if they've done it correctly. I took a look at how the second story starts and it makes it seem like you can go back to whatever story points you ignored the first time, try to do your previous story differently, or try new options.

From what I've seen of the good reviews, it seems to live up to the promise that it lays down up front, so I'm looking forward to playing more of it. It seems like a good game for playing one story at a time for some quicker, pick-up and play sessions.

Bought:

A Boy and His Blob

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

Super Stardust Ultra

On the fence:

Ray Gigant

Stories: The Path of Destinies

Tetris Ultimate Vita

Volume

Played Stories: The Path of Destinies, which is a really good action RPG with a choose-your-own-adventure way of telling its story. The combat takes a lot of inspiration from the Batman: Arkham games with an emphasis on combos, crowd control, and counters with a bit more mobility to it with the dash move you have to get out of bad situations. You gain experience from specific larger fights and when you level up, you get a skill point to spend to expand your abilities (dash, counter, combos, etc) or improve a few stats (health, speed, etc). There's a crafting element as you collect a few different types of crafting components that let you upgrade your current sword or made a new elemental sword, which so far seems like more of a way to gate certain paths in each area for later playthroughs since you have SotN-style colored doors that require certain swords to open them. It definitely feels like they will reuse the areas I've been through for future stories should I pick the right choices to get there.

The story is told in through a storybook and Bastion-style narration that isn't as in-depth as what was in Bastion. After you complete the first part of the story introducing the main character, you're presented with two potential paths to take the story in and that shapes how the rest of it goes. It doesn't feel unnatural in the way it unfolds, as they've done a good job weaving in your previous choices into how they frame your next options. Once you finish the first story, it reveals to you that you've uncovered one potential scenario that may or may not have a good or bad ending and that it's necessary to go through a few more to find an optimal way to save the universe. It looked like there were about ~25 stories you could go through, so there should be plenty of variety in stories if they've done it correctly. I took a look at how the second story starts and it makes it seem like you can go back to whatever story points you ignored the first time, try to do your previous story differently, or try new options.

From what I've seen of the good reviews, it seems to live up to the promise that it lays down up front, so I'm looking forward to playing more of it. It seems like a good game for playing one story at a time for some quicker, pick-up and play sessions.
You sold me on this one. Wasn't even on my radar but I'll be picking this one up. Thanks!

You sold me on this one. Wasn't even on my radar but I'll be picking this one up. Thanks!
Yup. Ive never heard of this game, but after reading that description, watching a review video, and seeing the current price, I decided to bite. Thanks for the heads up Frisky! :)

I was looking at getting the telltale games collection. I have none of the games and have been wanting to play the walking dead ones. Seems like a decent deal for all the games included. Any reason to not buy it?

I was looking at getting the telltale games collection. I have none of the games and have been wanting to play the walking dead ones. Seems like a decent deal for all the games included. Any reason to not buy it?
I can't think of a single reason not to get it. Borderlands is my fav but its hard to pick a top when all 5 of the ones included are outstanding and you can't beat that price.

Same here. Watched Totalbiscuit's WTF of the game and I think he nailed it when he said the generic title will make it fly under a lot of radars. Another game to the cart of stuff I won't play any time soon!

You have none of them? Then its DEFINITELY worth getting at that price. Don't even hesitate. JUST DO IT!!! :)

I can't think of a single reason. There isn't one weak game in that bunch. My only suggestion would be to save Game of Thrones until you've watched through Season 3 if you haven't already.

I can't think of a single reason. There isn't one weak game in that bunch. My only suggestion would be to save Game of Thrones until you've watched through Season 3 if you haven't already.
Do I need to watch the shows to play the games? Haven't seen walking dead or game of Thrones.

I played TWD S1 and never watched TWD. Not a huge fan, since you could see most of the shocking parts miles away.

But to answer, no you don't need to have seen the show for TWD.

Do I need to watch the shows to play the games? Haven't seen walking dead or game of Thrones.
no.

The Walking dead game has almost nothing in common with the show. (except the obvious) Glenn is in Episode 1 for a brief time, pretty sure thats about it. The main characters are not on the tv show at all.

As far as game of incest... thrones. not entirely sure, but i'd assume it's the same.

Tales from the borderlands.... Just buy the damn collection, worth every penny if you remember those choose your own adventure books. (if you are old enough that is)

I own everything between PS4 and Vita, have not played any of Wolf among us yet, but have not heard a bad review of the actual game.

The Walking Dead is based on the comics, so it has little to do with the show other than the showrunners using a lot of the general framework of the comics for the show. You don't need to have read The Walking Dead comics to know what's going on since the first season technically starts before the comics do, but you can learn more about a few characters after they leave the game in the comics. I'd recommend the big compendiums if you want to read more of the comics, as they feature a ton of the issues for a good price (~50 issues for about $30 or so).

Yup. Ive never heard of this game, but after reading that description, watching a review video, and seeing the current price, I decided to bite. Thanks for the heads up Frisky! :)
fuck I mentioned it 3 times, granted no long review like Frisky :whistle2:

Played Stories ... link to Frisky's post: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/348804-psn-weekly-deals-628-mid-year-sale-3-bit-trip-3-the-fall-337-hsg-vita-6-lords-of-the-fallen-2-shantae-more/?p=13386361

What Frisky said, bought it blindly since it was on my radar since they announced it, and so far it has been a blast

I had $6.xx in my PSN Wallet, so I happily picked up Mega Man Legends and Neptunia Rebirth 2.  Really tempted on Goddess Black Heart, but I imagine it'll be on sale again by the time I play it.

I'm pleased with July's PS+.  I'll definitely play Oreshika, and I'll give the other games a try.

Walking Dead is framed around the original comics, just like The Wolf Among Us is. It isn't tied to the show and you don't need to read the comics to enjoy either. It wouldn't hurt to read them to get a more well rounded experience, but in no way do you have to do it. Borderlands is based on the world but has no necessary ties to any of the games.

Game of Thrones however actually takes place in the middle of the TV series and I believe the entire game begins right after and will spoil one of the show's most important events. If you have no plans on watching the show then I'm sure you can still fully enjoy the game. If the show is something you want to get into one day, then I would buy it but hold off playing it. Playing the game without watching the show I would relate closely to playing the sequel to a story driven game, like Kingdom Hearts or Metal Gear Solid. You can still have a great time playing them, but there's nuances and former story you won't understand and playing the previous games would have filled in those gaps.

Well just took the plunge and bought the collection. The next question is where am I going to put them in my backlog line. Ha.

I'm about 4 hours into Steins;Gate and I'm going to put it on hold for the time and play some other stuff from the last two sales I'm interested in. If it was 6-7 hours long I would just power through it but knowing it's 20+ hours long and at this point I'm not really feeling the story or any of the characters I'll go back to it later and see if it grabs me.

I can swear Let's Fish was on sale earlier this year like around February but PSprices doesn't show it had a sale earlier in the year. Am I mistaken? Or was it cheaper? Feel like it was $3.

My JRPG backlog extends back to shit I bought in the PS1 era....

And RPG backlogs are the absolute worst.
you'll never run out of games to play with a jrpg backlog. Just time to play them. Especially since the average length is 30-60 hours Just for the story and a little extra. with titles like persona disgaea so3/4 hitting the hundreds range quite easily.

I have mostly rpgs in my backlog and average 12-14 a year. I'm actually trying to bust out the shorter ones this year. just finished star ocean 1.

I can swear Let's Fish was on sale earlier this year like around February but PSprices doesn't show it had a sale earlier in the year. Am I mistaken? Or was it cheaper? Feel like it was $3.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/23/happy-birthday-ps-vita-free-items-big-sale/

You were not mistaken, it was $3 for PS+ Feb 23, 2015.

I was considering picking it up too, along with some of the neptunia games

Edit: I meant not being mistaken of it being $3 in the past

Same here. Watched Totalbiscuit's WTF of the game and I think he nailed it when he said the generic title will make it fly under a lot of radars. Another game to the cart of stuff I won't play any time soon!
I only got interested in it because they were recently doing it for the mini game review they run each week on Toonami.

Still waiting for a sale on The Witness. Hope it comes during week two of the "mid-year sale".
A sale or one as big as some of these other 2016 indie games? It's a little bit better of a discount on Steam right now (20% off) as The Witness was the last time it was on sale for PS+ (10% off).

you'll never run out of games to play with a jrpg backlog. Just time to play them. Especially since the average length is 30-60 hours Just for the story and a little extra. with titles like persona disgaea so3/4 hitting the hundreds range quite easily.

I have mostly rpgs in my backlog and average 12-14 a year. I'm actually trying to bust out the shorter ones this year. just finished star ocean 1.
I've gotten to the point where I consider buying games (especially JRPGs) and deepening then admiring my backlog to be half the fun of gaming. :D

I'm starting to try to at least finish the main campaign of every game I do play though so I can get my trophy percentage up to a decent level.

Finished up the second set of levels in Dreamals and it's still pretty good. There are only three more trophies for completing the last two worlds and getting the remaining total star collectibles in those worlds. While these first two worlds had some tough and neat mechanics, they weren't that hard that I can see myself getting through the rest of the levels eventually. There's no platinum, for what it's worth, so it's just eight simple trophies for completing worlds and all of the stars in each world.

i was DONE. I had FINISHED buying games this week.

36YwQIj.gif

So this is mid-year sale week 1? How many weeks is it, just 2 isn't it?

Picked up these this week:

Awesomenauts Assemble
Paranautical Activity
Shantae - Risky's Revenge Directors Cut
Super Motherload
Ziggurat
Giana Sisters: Dream Runners
Woah Dave!

Nice. I random bought that because it looked pretty and looked fun. I didn't know shit about it but guess I made a good random choice :whee:

Like others said, TWD can be played on it's own.

However, GoT spoils some events from the show and a lot of the joy is seeing characters from the show make guest appearances. Almost every major character appears at some point. If you don't care about these guest characters, it just may not jive with you.

I'm very tempted to get Hot Shots Golf. But I know they got clearanced at toys r us a few years back and missed out on a physical copy back then. It just doesn't feel right paying more or close to the same for a digital copy.

However, GoT spoils some events from the show and a lot of the joy is seeing characters from the show make guest appearances. Almost every major character appears at some point. If you don't care about these guest characters, it just may not jive with you.
The characters from the show don't have much to do with the main storyline of the game, though. You don't really need to know anything beyond the basic premise (several factions are fighting over control of the land) to enjoy the game.

https://twitter.com/bioshock/status/748487723871150080
WOW, that so needs a kick ass LE set. I'm sure I'll get this somewhere down the road once I actually get a next gen system, as the first game was great, and I never even played part 2, so it's a good buy for sure(especially once it's discounted).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back