PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Played some Race the Sun and that's a pretty cool game. It's sort of an endless runner where you're given three tasks to try to complete over one or many runs, but the major catch is that there is just one level per day that gives you a chance to memorize good paths and routes to take so that you can get better. Completing those tasks feeds into a leveling system that unlocks new abilities, ship upgrades, modes, and such.

Escape Goat 2 also seems like a good puzzle platformer. I'm still early in it right now having completed the first three paths of levels, but it's fun so far.
Did you try Race the Sun on Vita, or just PS4? I read some reviews that said the Vita graphics are kind of bad, still debating whether to give it a try.

anyone else notice the two different prices for NBA 2 k15 for PS4

Did you try Race the Sun on Vita, or just PS4? I read some reviews that said the Vita graphics are kind of bad, still debating whether to give it a try.
I just played some of it on PS TV and it seems fine to me. It definitely looks worse, but we're talking about a game full of simple, geometric shapes where the worst thing is that the shapes are aliased in Vita and not on PS4. It ran well from what I could tell, so I'm not sure what's supposed to be bad unless they think the game's art style is bad.

I just played some of it on PS TV and it seems fine to me. It definitely looks worse, but we're talking about a game full of simple, geometric shapes where the worst thing is that the shapes are aliased in Vita and not on PS4. It ran well from what I could tell, so I'm not sure what's supposed to be bad unless they think the game's art style is bad.
OK thanks for the feedback and all your great work on this thread!

On a side note, I did finally get Resogun Vita to work. Re-bought all three versions on the webstore (free), uninstalled from Vita and reinstalled (twice), and it finally worked! Very nice port for the Vita, though the sound seems a bit wimpy (need to try with my Gold headphones though).

Looks fine to me. Lighting is a little rough comparatively and it lacks some of the subtlety of the PS4 version if you stare at them both side by side but I don't think it looks appreciably worse.

Nidhogg looks neat but I'm not sure if I'm going to pick it up. Really don't see myself playing it with anyone and I'm not sure how much of the magic it looks like it would have would be there against the computer.
The single player is mainly geared towards learning the fundamentals. The real fun is in the online two-player mode. However, PSN is down because ya know...Lizard Kings or whatever.

Is the Lara Croft Temple of Osiris Season Pass worth it?  I do not care about costumes.

Black Friday's $15.99 unopened copy of The Walking Dead: Season Two - PS4 is going back to Best Buy for a refund. Is there any reason to keep the disk copy? Less compressed sound? All cut scenes are in-engine, right, not FMV?

Black Friday's $15.99 unopened copy of The Walking Dead: Season Two - PS4 is going back to Best Buy for a refund. Is there any reason to keep the disk copy? Less compressed sound? All cut scenes are in-engine, right, not FMV?
I prefer physical copies because you can resell them and quicker to install. Discs install completely so what you're saying doesn't matter.

dammit, for those suffering from the same stupidity as me -- for the past age I've been waiting for $10/$20 cards to show back up on the Sony Store to buy with my sony rewards... that's how I used to do it, and they've been marked 'discontinued' for awhile now.

But... I just realized if you go through the actual Sony Rewards site, you can buy cards in several denoms (10/20/50) and they're in stock.

Hover over 'browse rewards' and go to 'Playstation Digital Products'.   $30 in spacebux is finally mine, now to acrue some more.

It's been a good sale for me, got these over the four weeks:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PS4 (Retail upgrade to digital)

Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry - PS4

Defense Grid 2 - PS4

Escape Goat 2 - PS4

Ethan: Meteor Hunter - PS3/Vita

Pier Solar and the Great Architects - PS4/PS3

Race the Sun - PS4/PS3/Vita

Terraria - PS4/Vita (PS+ Unlock for Vita)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War - PS4

I prefer physical copies because you can resell them and quicker to install. Discs install completely so what you're saying doesn't matter.
Except he gets 100% trade-in value with this method that covers the cost of the digital version. It's a win-win scenario from what I can see.

It works for me. It takes a little while to finish loading, but that's about it.
How long? Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. I didn't think it should take 2+ minutes
Never mind, I got it to work. Goddamnthis game is stressful, I like relaxing games. I regret buying it.

Except he gets 100% trade-in value with this method that covers the cost of the digital version. It's a win-win scenario from what I can see.
But you lease the right of digital you do not own it discs you do. I understand you trying to ignore this fact cause you went digital. That is fine but sony says you lease the content and can be removed for any reason they want to we all signed that digital contract. But each there own more safer discs by far imo..

Here's a video of Race The Sun in action on Vita/PS TV, for those that might want to play it on there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5JhfI2eEb4

I am disappointed  by how empty bf4 is right now. There are only large conquest servers every other mode is empty. Why did i bought premium edition! ;~;

If you want to determine if the store is up, just goto to their online store from a PC browser. It will tell you the service not available if PSN is down.
That's not necessarily a great barometer, as I got into the PS Store on PS4 earlier today. The console stores tend to be easier to use if the web store goes down.

I'm back online, west coast (tried on PS4). This is actually the first time I've gotten in in the last few days so I didn't even notice aside from the outrage on message boards. Hopefully we're back in business though so everyone can enjoy their Christmas gifts.

Amazon has price matched Destiny PS3 digital version (which also gets you the PS4 version) So if you guys can't get on PSN or into the store you can buy it on Amazon and just redeem the code when PSN is back up.

Not sure if Amazon price matches any of the other digital sales but it would be worth checking out so you don't miss out on the flash sale.

I'm back online, west coast (tried on PS4). This is actually the first time I've gotten in in the last few days so I didn't even notice aside from the outrage on message boards. Hopefully we're back in business though so everyone can enjoy their Christmas gifts.
Nope, still down for me on PS3 and web.

PS4 and Vita have been working for me all day with some side stuff not working so well (uploading screenshots and some leaderboard updates).
I still can't sign in on Vita or PS4, didn't check PS3.

Thinking about getting Temple of Osiris from the flash sale when PSN is back. I already grabbed Ground Zeroes from the holiday sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back