PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't this guy?

Griefer.png
Yes, it's always that guy.

Sorry, I meant "Ground Zeroes." So, is it worth the $6 and change?
All the different missions can be played through in a couple of hours total and take place in the same small area. Even if you're only willing to play each mission once I'd say it's worth the $6. The game is certainly an instance of quality over quantity. I found myself having an absolute blast with the game and wanting to replay the missions numerous times, trying to better my end ranking each time. When The Phantom Pain comes out it'll carry over some of your progress from Ground Zeroes.

All that being said, I'm still betting that they'll eventually give the game away on PS+ closer to Ground Zeroes' launch to help build some additional hype.

As short as the main campaign is (about 1.5 hrs your first time, can be beaten skipping cutscenes in around 30 min) I think it was one of the best games this year. Looks fantastic too, and if you're into replaying stuff for better scores, there are lots of scenarios to do. I got it on disc because I'm a fan of the series and still felt like I got my money's worth. Definitely moreso than mgs4.

I've been debating to get black flag since the sale started. Is it worth it at $20? I've been an assassins creed but and have played all the console ones except this one and unity. How does this one fare against assassins creed 2?

I've been debating to get black flag since the sale started. Is it worth it at $20? I've been an assassins creed but and have played all the console ones except this one and unity. How does this one fare against assassins creed 2?
Only if you have nothing else to play and are planning on playing it right away. It's a fantastic game. But it has been out for over a year now, and prices will drop in the coming months.

What i do not get why people allow it. I know for a fact if people allow evil stuff they do it more often in the future and other companies follow the trend. It is common sense but a lot of people just follow others that should not be followed. We the people allowed this to happen and the good few standing up for consumer rights get attacked for wanting a better future. I laugh now when networks are down most people deserve it for allowing it for so long. I do not blame sony they are there to make money not make friends. If they can make profits on crappy network why change it unless enough people leave. Enjoy the down times and enjoy future drm online games cause ubisoft says it is the future.
It is partly why i do not play games that feature a multiplayer , online experience as the main draw. I had a blast playing diablo this weekend on my ps4. Also enjoyed playing mario kart 8 and super smash bros with family.

So has Sony said anything about the hack or said sorry for this
Not a hack, yes they have, and it's really not their fault. Blame the perps.

What i do not get why people allow it. I know for a fact if people allow evil stuff they do it more often in the future and other companies follow the trend. It is common sense but a lot of people just follow others that should not be followed. We the people allowed this to happen and the good few standing up for consumer rights get attacked for wanting a better future. I laugh now when networks are down most people deserve it for allowing it for so long. I do not blame sony they are there to make money not make friends. If they can make profits on crappy network why change it unless enough people leave. Enjoy the down times and enjoy future drm online games cause ubisoft says it is the future.
The issue here is that the 'good few standing up for consumer rights' have no fucking clue what a DDOS attack is. The people explaining it to you aren't 'attacking you for wanting a better future', we're explaining why what you're saying is gobbledegook due to your fundemental misunderstanding of how internet protocols work.

Preventing DDOS attacks would require changing how the internet works at a very low level, far beyond the capabilities of any single entity. And even if we, as a world, did that, there's no saying the new protocols wouldn't be abused in some other way. And we'd also likely lose everything good about the internet (it's openess and freedom, anonynimity, etc) during any major shift like that.

DDOS attacks are because of groups like LizardSquad using all your friends computers who never installed virus/malware protection. You know your cousin's computer that constantly gets random pop-ups? Blame them.

Not a hack, yes they have, and it's really not their fault. Blame the perps.

The issue here is that the 'good few standing up for consumer rights' have no fucking clue what a DDOS attack is. The people explaining it to you aren't 'attacking you for wanting a better future', we're explaining why what you're saying is gobbledegook due to your fundemental misunderstanding of how internet protocols work.

Preventing DDOS attacks would require changing how the internet works at a very low level, far beyond the capabilities of any single entity. And even if we, as a world, did that, there's no saying the new protocols wouldn't be abused in some other way. And we'd also likely lose everything good about the internet (it's openess and freedom, anonynimity, etc) during any major shift like that.

DDOS attacks are because of groups like LizardSquad using all your friends computers who never installed virus/malware protection. You know your cousin's computer that constantly gets random pop-ups? Blame them.
people+clapping.gif

Bite on TWD2 & Peggle 2. Had to order from SEN since the PSN store was down on my PS4.

Also I was trying to play FC4 *digital* & Child of Light yesterday while PSN was down. I don't understand why the **** they didn't boot up. I don't think they require online to play..... Ended up playing Shadow of Mordor instead.

I really hope we get an update that  online only stuff becomes offline to like doing  stuff with trophies

Last edited:
Bite on TWD2 & Peggle 2. Had to order from SEN since the PSN store was down on my PS4.

Also I was trying to play FC4 *digital* & Child of Light yesterday while PSN was down. I don't understand why the **** they didn't boot up. I don't think they require online to play..... Ended up playing Shadow of Mordor instead.
The same thing happens to me with a few games. I signed out of psn and the games booted up just fine.

[quote name="starmask2k3" post="12366675" timestamp="1419821983"]I really hope we get an update that online only stuff becomes offline to like doing stuff with trophies[/quote]
Don't hold your breath.

So the deals end tomorrow what are the chances that Sony would be fully back to normal tomorrow

Last edited:
The distinction between the people who think Ground Zeroes is worth playing and those that hated it seems to stem from whether or not you intend to play through it as a linear story experience or if you are willing to replay the map in different ways.

It doesn't stand by itself very well, but it is pretty fun. I think calling it a demo is a fair criticism, but I also think the people who flew through it in an hour and then put it away are crazy.

I think it's worth $6, but I also think Yars is right and it will eventually end up in another promotion. I'm hedging my own bets on pre-order incentive for The Phantom Pain.

Grabbed myself :ps4: Legend of Korra, probably going to regret that but oh well(not because of the game but the $9 price tag). Picked up :ps4: Tales from the Borderlands season pass also. First time I'll have every episode of telltale game on release. Now please give us :ps4: Game of Thrones season pass for $20 or under. Its a little under $20 on XBL right now but I want it on ps4

So having sat out without a Sony console for two years until now, will a new sale start tomorrow with the current one ending today?

The distinction between the people who think Ground Zeroes is worth playing and those that hated it seems to stem from whether or not you intend to play through it as a linear story experience or if you are willing to replay the map in different ways.

It doesn't stand by itself very well, but it is pretty fun. I think calling it a demo is a fair criticism, but I also think the people who flew through it in an hour and then put it away are crazy.

I think it's worth $6, but I also think Yars is right and it will eventually end up in another promotion. I'm hedging my own bets on pre-order incentive for The Phantom Pain.
Thanks. I prefer to have a physical copy of most games, but I will buy game downloads if they are cheaper and it's a game I really want to play. That said, I bought a physical copy of Ducktales for PS3 on the cheap last night even though I already own the download since I thought it would be nice to have a manual for the game. And, I've never been particularly good at Metal Gear games, but the review says that this one doesn't necessarily have to be played with stealth and that you can go in with guns blazing if you want. I've never been particularly good with not being spotted and hiding the bodies, so I thought this one would be different. Still on the fence since that $6 will also get me a PS1 Import Classics download of Arcade Hits: Shienryu, which I sadly believe I would get more play time out of. I know - I'm incredibly indecisive.

So having sat out without a Sony console for two years until now, will a new sale start tomorrow with the current one ending today?
I think they're skipping tomorrow's PlayStation Store update. The last blog post called the week 4 update the last one of 2014.

So I'd guess there'll be a big ol' bupkis tomorrow, and then new additions/sale prices on the subsequent Tuesday.

Didn't try the store at all this weekend, finally got in this morning and grabbed Ground Zeroes.  That's really all I want from the sale.  Really I would rather have it on disc for the collection... but I can always grab it later if I really want one when it's $5 or less.

Yeah, overall the sale turned out to be weak... but we've had some great sales through the year and a lot of solid games (for me anyway) on PS+... I can't really complain too much.  If anything I saved a bunch of money towards the next big sale.

One of the worst Xmas sales ever & the server get crashed. Hope some good deals pop up tomorrow & free game add to my account :)
I don't think that there will be a sale tomorrow since this was the last week of sales for the holidays. There might be a weekend Flash Sale on Friday, though.

Quick question, does that game have decent gameplay for single-player, or is it really better only for co-op?
The puzzles change depending on how many people are playing, so it's fine if you play alone, just more fun co-op.

I haven't actually started it yet, but that's how Guardian of Light was anyway.

And, I've never been particularly good at Metal Gear games, but the review says that this one doesn't necessarily have to be played with stealth and that you can go in with guns blazing if you want. I've never been particularly good with not being spotted and hiding the bodies, so I thought this one would be different.
Hmmm, a lot of the Metal Gear games are like that, the only real difference is that the controls don't suck anymore. Generally you want to try and not be spotted, but when you do instead of starting over you start blowing things up. It still isn't really a typical action shooter.

There is one new mechanic that would help you out. When you are about to be spotted the game will now sometimes enter a slow motion sequence that gives you time to draw your gun and shoot them before they cry out an alarm.

If the controls are what held you back before it's worth trying, but if it's just the general gameplay then I don't think you will like it any better. Especially when the replayability in these games comes from perfecting your sneakiness. It might be still be fun guns blazing, but that's like half the game, so I would deduct half the theoretical personal value. :D

The puzzles change depending on how many people are playing, so it's fine if you play alone, just more fun co-op.

I haven't actually started it yet, but that's how Guardian of Light was anyway.
Thanks for the info! Did you get the season pass bundle, or just the base game? Seems like $6 extra for the future dlc packs would be reasonable?

Thanks for the info! Did you get the season pass bundle, or just the base game? Seems like $6 extra for the future dlc packs would be reasonable?
I went without it. I'm not sure if I'll still be playing the game then. Seems worth it if you're interested in the future dlc though.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Flash Sale extended to 12/31/2014.  I know that it has been mentioned else where, but I thought people here should know about the change as well.[/SIZE]

The basics:

Store finalizing updating around 2pm PST/ 5pm EST on Tuesdays. However, things start updating earlier than that so always pick sale stuff up by Monday night.

There is almost always something on sale every week, but 'named' sales (like this Winter sale) are less often. So expect a handful (or two, sometimes) of games on sale every week. And many games have release week sales, at least for ps+ members. You know when the store is done updating when they post a 'store update' entry to the blog. NOTE - the 'normal' sales are never announced till the store updates. 'Named' sales often get publicized a day or two before.

I hadn't heard there wasn't an update tomorrow due to the holidays (as someone above mentioned was a possibility). Skipping a week is extremely rare, normally we get releases + sales.

Just saw the thing about a voucher for new ps4 owners to snag a free game. Can that voucher be given to/used by older users to redeem as well? Basically are they tradeable

Just saw the thing about a voucher for new ps4 owners to snag a free game. Can that voucher be given to/used by older users to redeem as well? Basically are they tradeable
The four game one? Those were being sold on eBay for like $25 last week so I would imagine so.

So this is something I don't understand.  Fieldrunners 2 is out on Google Play and Amazon Appstore for $2.99, but also has in-app purchases.  That's fine, but then they release it on Vita for $9.99, still with in-app purchases?  Why?  It seems really lame to charge $9.99 and also include in-app purchases, for a port of a mobile game that sells for a third of the price in the mobile stores.

So this is something I don't understand. Fieldrunners 2 is out on Google Play and Amazon Appstore for $2.99, but also has in-app purchases. That's fine, but then they release it on Vita for $9.99, still with in-app purchases? Why? It seems really lame to charge $9.99 and also include in-app purchases, for a port of a mobile game that sells for a third of the price in the mobile stores.
Difference in standards for the platforms where the audience supports games at higher prices. It's also $9.99 on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back